How does this series even exist? What's the appeal?

How does this series even exist? What's the appeal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wzYgqzP-G14
youtube.com/watch?v=KGidvt4NTPI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Square Enix.
Disney.
Greatest action RPG franchise of all time.
Amazing soundtracks.

There's more but these are the key points.

Weebs and manchildren.

I like the designs

At first I thought it was only liked by yaoi fans but these gay ass threads always gets 400+ replies on Sup Forums so I guess there's more to it.

Is the 3ds game a good entry point?

Its premise is whacky enough for Square Enix or Disney fans to give it a try and underneath it they'll find a decent ARPG that can be also be very challenging on harder difficulties.

Nostalgia and charm mixed with FF fanboyism.

On paper it wouldn't sound like it would work, but so did Mario Brothers. Just goes to show how far solid gameplay can take you even if the concept is batshit insane.

Dream Drop Distance?
No - because it drops you right in the middle of the franchise's story and then introduces even more convoluted shit.

So where am I supposed to start then?

Handhelds preferred. No one should be able to see I'm having yaoi adventures in Disney world.

how about - now I know this might sound a bit out there - the first one?

>So where am I supposed to start then?
Typically, the best place to start is at the beginning.

>Handhelds preferred
Fix that

Fuck this world. This always happens. Was only allowed to play the Christian Adventures of Baby Jesus as a kid so I missed out on all the classichanges series. Now it's an ass to get into them.

>Now it's an ass to get into them.
By the end of March, the entire KH series will be on PS4.

they rereleased the main ones as remixes for the ps3. It's really easy to get into the series as you can basically get entire series for one console in two games, 1.5 and 2.5.

>What's the appeal?
It's an autism enabler on the same level as Sonic the Hedgehog.

>cute, kid-friendly designs
>casual-friendly gameplay with enough complexity to make people feel like they're playing a real game
>animu flavor for the weebs
>disney flavor for muh childhood memories
>an batshit retarded ""deep"" story for those enlightened by their own intelligence

For me, the appeal was in the fun combat for the time. Sure, it was simple in the long run, smash one button to attack, one to dodge, etc.

Fights like Sephiroth from 1 and 2 were the most enjoyable for me. And the Terra fight in 2, that was good shit.

Story is just batshit insane and annoying to follow. Another major turn off would be the constant fuckery of moving games to different platforms. Especially when it's some dead handheld. Luckily they're bringing them all (or most?) together on single platform later on.

>Luckily they're bringing them all (or most?) together on single platform later on.
Both all and most.

Days, Re:coded and X are special cases because Days and Re:coded are just the cutscenes.
Time didn't allow for full remakes.
X gets a movie of brand-new scenes in 2.8, but it's only a companion to the game, not a summary/replacement.

>make people feel like they're playing a real game
please explain how it's not a real game

kys pedoweeb

Nice. Might have to get a console then. Would be legit first console since PS2. Been on the sidelines for a good while now.

Thanks user.

Not an argument.

kys
KYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS
FUCKING KILL YOURSELF OR ILL KILL YOU MYSELF AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY HAHAHAAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

>How to unrape sister

Should Kingdom Hearts have classic FF characters i.e Kain, Terra, Kefka etc.

It could use more FF cast in my opinion atleast. Can't really say which ones would fit though.

Everything would fit as long as they're not doing THIS with them

There's literally no logical reason why anyone would hate kingdom hearts, arguably the best action rpg combat system in any game (especially KH2FM) and a fun story.

You'd have to be a real spiteful prick to not find something to like in Kingdom Hearts,

Oh god. Thanks for reminding me.

B-but Disney's for kids a-and I'm an adult
I'm mature!

disney is anti white anti black jewish jew company

We need to bring back Walt.

>at the beginning
So birth by sleep?

>he thinks the beginning of a story is the earliest chronological point

For the 1656565789356569452672556554970684046840th time PLAY IN THE FUCKING RELEASE ORDER!

For me personally, it's fun bosses and Aqua. I've only played some of the original, some of Re:Coded, and most of Aqua's route in BBS. I'll probably buy prolouge just for her

dude le mickey mouse is le darkness xD it's matoor for machur gaymers like myself

It's a Disney/Square deviantart fanfiction come to life.

it's one of the greatest stories ever told desu

It's fun, best action RPG, best fantasy, best designs, best music. Best series.

So it is like 90% of console games ?

You're a pseudo- intelligent retard who gets laughed at by the daily.

>i only like mature games for mature gamers like myself

>especially KH2FM
what does the final mix do to make it so good compared to 2? I'm only asking because I'm about to start 2 and want to know what I'm missing out on.

General rebalancing, shuffling ability unlocks so you don't get overpowered early in the game

Critical Mode, with EXP Zero for LV1
Limit Form to let you Drive in solo fights
Puzzle piece collectibles to make exploration worth something
A handful of new cutscenes that clear some things up and foreshadow Birth by Sleep, new secret ending

New area, Cavern of Remembrance
14 new secret bosses
Mushroom XIII, special challenge enemies

Basically, there's no reason to play vanilla.

I'm playing DDD for the first time and it's sad how much potential it has, with the KH2 combat system and some better boss movesets it could be amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=wzYgqzP-G14
>get to this guy
>expect a great 1v1 fight
>nope just Osaka again

And actual children

>Sup Forums
>not being yaoi fans

fpbp

Fuck no. Start from 1 and go in release order. If you don't like CoM, look up the ending before playing 2.

i can't see any actual children playing this series. even my friend agrees, and he just got into it.

So you and your friend are out of touch with children?

God I hope so.

i know what kids play these days, and it's not games like kingdom hearts. it's you who is out of touch.

>kh1
Fun arpg with disney character and spooky darkness.
>teen melodrama story with less focus on disney and more on edgy oc donuts, great gameplay tho.
>bbs
Decent blend of 1 and 2 with stiff controls.
>everything else
Who cares.

Kingdom Hearts has a weird thing were a lot of the people who hated it are coming back to find it wasn't as bad as they thought it was.

Except 358, that one still sucks.

Second greentext is for kh2

>leaving out best girls game
Shame on you user.

I work at gamestop. When the last HD Remix came out on PS3 everyone who came into the store to get it were kids, they were most of the customers that week.

Days is the reverse

Everyone goes back to it and realizes that it's significantly worse than they thought

yeah bullshit you don't work there and that never happened. nearly everybody you catch in public who likes the series are in their 17-20s. i never see any kids.

Who came when 2.8 released though

Most adults are probably just ordering on Amazon or something anyway

FF + Disney is a legendary combo.

Art direction is goat.

Story is great too.

KH2 was the most OOT game ever made until Asura's Wrath came out. Considering both games are a decade apart, beat-em-up games were pretty dull for a long time.

I say this as someone who doesn't own a single KH game.

Everything about Kingdom Hearts has this stuck-in-2007 MySpace air to it that I find completely insufferable, with all the darkness and edgy OC donutsteelz and the story that is literal crossfiction.

>KH2 was the most OOT game
The most Ocarina of Time?

maybe we like being stuck in 2007.

If you think KH is anything close to mid-'00s MySpace, you have never played KH and are not old enough to remember mid-'00s MySpace.

They are worlds and worlds apart.

>not wanting to be stuck in 2007 and/or earlier

>FF + Disney is a legendary combo.

I don't get this, I don't see how they are similar or compatible at all. Having Donald Duck with Cloud is jarring to me even tho I like both individually.

Yes.

To me, Donald Duck is no different than a Moogle. That's how I think of it.

You're not supposed to take it too seriously.

Why not?

Because it's a light hearted Disney game about friendship. And it's also a video game.

But it's also a Final Fantasy game with dark elements to it. Video games are better than real life.

Because then you have
>Donut Steel visits and sees all your favorite Disney and FF characters together in the same universe
>you instantly become good friends with all of them
>THE DARKNESS

The moment you take KH even slightly seriously, the entire premise of the series goes to shit.

>Video games are better than real life

It has good gameplay and is fun. It's not a serious game for le deepest lore threads, it's just fun to bash the shit out of things with a giant key while things you know from childhood accompany you.

But that's the best part. Why would saying you take it seriously change anything for you? The premise doesn't change.

Yes.

Real life
>bills
>responsibility
>the inevitable void that makes your entire life meaningless

Video games
>fun

t. Peter Pan

You have to grow up some day. Enjoy wasting your life away in front of a screen.

>Video games
>>fun

Calling a Mary Sue the "best part" is not a good sign of the story and premise, user.

t. Ansem

Submit to DARKNESS and play video games.

But he's badass so who cares. The rest is good enough for me.

Time spent having fun isn't time wasted. Enjoy the meaningless void that awaits us all.

>Enjoy wasting your life away in front of a screen.
What else am I gonna do with it

Get a cubicle job
Marry, have 2.5 kids and a white picket fence
Grow old, retire, cash in on social security
Then die

And then what
Then I'm dead, and that's it. Later man. Show's over. I don't even get credits. Put in all that effort, no NG+, no unlocks, no secret ending.

Just a corpse slowly rotting six feet under, soon to be forgotten, eventually swallowed up by the dying sun, eventually snuffed out by universal heat death.

Why shouldn't I just play video games?

He gets some shit done, but that doesn't make him a badass. If he was, the series should've ended at this point because he would've already beaten the stupid ringwraith-looking motherfuckers.

THAT'S MY WAIFU HOW DARE YOU POST INDECENT PHOTOS OF HER!

Fun is just a buzzword.

I never said don't play them. Just don't make them your whole life because that's just fucking retarded.

He's a badass because he will do whatever the fuck he wants like steal your own weapon and use it against you, or swing around a chandelier and cut skyscrapers in half.

That's just shounen anime superpowers. Nothing about it is badass. Do you call Naruto badass because he can basically throw a nuke and level a mountain in an instant? No, you call that fucking retarded.

Is it worth getting into this series if I was never really interested in Disney stuff and missed out on a lot of the movies? The only thing I remmemer reading much were the donald duck comics, but even then I don't have much memories of things I read/watched that long ago.

> Do you call Naruto badass because he can basically throw a nuke and level a mountain in an instant?
Nah, that's just meh. Boring. It's a fucking explosion. I'm not talking about Naruto. You can call it "Shounen anime superpowers" but you're still not ruining the vibe from it.

Sora is like that one kid who you were friends with who'd try to be different by jumping on rocks and going around things everyone else would just walk by. That's amplified in the games and to me it's fantastical action and I love that. It goes well with Disney because Disney is all about fantasy and magic.

you have to do what everyone else does because they're insecure about their life decisions and need them to be validated by seeing other people make them

hope this helps

youtube.com/watch?v=KGidvt4NTPI