Be me

>be me
>on Sup Forums a few days ago
>see gta thread
>'uh why doesnt gta have single player dlc', 'wow rockstar really are milking online'

>flashback to yesterday
>single player dlc announced for breath of the wild, a complete game.
>'HAHAHHA, BREATH OF THE BLUNDER, WATCH ALL THE NINTENDRONES EAT THIS UP'

Can we all not get along?
Nier looks good.
Horizon looks great.
Breath of the wild looks great.
Rather than calling games shit, why dont we focus on getting games on all the platforms.

BUMP

the more I see of BotW the more hype I get, how the fuck did they manage to much attention to detail in this game?

The issue with zelda dlc is that they annouced it before the game comes out.

The entire first pack could easily be implemented into the game for free but they make you pay for a shirt and 3 treasure chest.

When you annouce dlc before or within the first month of your game releasing it gives the impression that you cut content to sell it later, especially that new hard setting, that's something that could easily be released in a day 1 patch.

They should have waited until e3 or something and release the dlc like a week after the reveal.

It's amazing, seeing people who say : "OMG DLC ? NO BUY NINTENDO IS JEW"

Like, are we in 2011 guys ? Why wouldn't the developer work on his title after the title is out ? If you loved the game, buy the dlcs, if dou didn't like the game, just finish the story and move one.

And I'm a sonygger and I don't like Nintendo, but rambling about dlcs is just dumb.

The issue is they announced this before the game is out, which implies they cut it from the game to make you pay for it.
The first pack will be in the game day 1 there's no reason it couldn't be free, they are simply charging you extra for the complete experience, long time fans see this as quite the betrayal.

Also as i said, a difficulty setting could easily be implemented in a day 1 patch despite the game going gold already.

I'm going to pirate Nier and BotW.

Nier PC version is canceled

You wish

The difference is that Rockstar have proven they can do fantastic singleplayer DLC - the expansions for 4 were arguably better than the main game, and the one for RDR was a great bit of fanservice.

Nintendo has no track record when it comes to this, and 2/3rds of the DLC they announced sounds piecemeal as fuck

When people spout shit like this, you know they and a lot of other people complaining have no idea how game developement works.

It's close to release, and while a lot of the team is scurrying to fix bugs and add a few final touches, another portion of the team is planning what's next. They have to.

Should writers, sound designers, concept/model/texture artists, quest designers just sit on their asses until the game comes out before they do their job again?

You have no fucking clue what the work load is like. Not every part of the game is finished at once then shipped.

So no fucking shit they have more planned. There's usually a month between when the game goes gold and finally hits stores. That's plenty of time to patch in 3 fucking chests and make a shifty outfit for them

>Horizon looks great.
I was with you for a minute there but turns out you're mentally disabled like the rest of them.

Stopped reading there but just thought

>how the fuck did they manage to much attention to detail in this game?
Multiple delays. Focus on environment and mechanics over billions of lines of fully voiced dialouge I suppose.

You know what would be great is if most games were on most platforms and the reason to choose platforms was a mix of their customer service, perks and quality of the station.

Of course first party is totally different and I do enjoy people doing that and paying to get games on their station and strengthen relations with third parties but not when it brings us less diverse content per console

I'm genuinely curious how much they get away with being able to throw money elsewhere by not having to do actual voice dialogue at all for Link or a large amount of the cast.

>Horizon looks great

>Sup Forums is one person

>recalls a couple days ago
>FLASHBACKS forward

His first sentence is true though. Life is all about the presentation

I know all of that, but you're missing the point.

I said it implies that hey are cutting content, no other studio gets a break for annocuing dlc before the game is out.

And everything in the first pack will be released day 1, quite being such a tool

even though i think botw looks dreadful and nintendo is fucking over its fanboys, isn't the answer to your question nonetheless obvious?

sonyggers shitting up the board

unfortunately it isnt going to go away, since sony astroturfs here

theyre trying to slide negative stuff away right now actually, pretty sad