What are some comfy games like Morrowind that are good for casual exploration and letting yourself get absorbed into...

What are some comfy games like Morrowind that are good for casual exploration and letting yourself get absorbed into the world?

More specifically:
>Light emphasis on combat, doesn't have time-consuming battles or require you strategize frequently, might be able to regularly avoid combat
>More emphasis on exploring and solving puzzles or mysteries
>Not required to grind
>Reading rather than voice-acting
>Large, open world
>Lots of LORE to discover in books n shit
>Preferably older games (low-poly aesthetic gets me just right)
>Also preferably not an MMO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wFqMP0Gi4fI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

zelda games to some extent, especially botw once it releases

Stardew Valley...much comfy while it sucks up your lifetime!

The Gothic and Risen games are pretty comfy if you don't mind retarded combat and having to find your own way through books and dialogue

Minecraft

>tfw you finally make super potions and just zoom through the world blowing everything up without even having to think

I stopped playing after I realized there is no challenge anymore. Is oblivion and skyrim any better in preventing you from breaking the game completely?

Elder Scrolls Online

Do you really expect anyone to believe you haven't played Oblivion or Skyrim?

Gothic games, Divine Divinity, Arx Fatalis, I would've said Baldur's Gate series if it wasn't for the emphasis on combat.

Rerolling an orc character for the first time. What weapon should I choose this time?

>>Reading rather than voice-acting
>>Preferably older games (low-poly aesthetic gets me just right)

Ok hipster

Oblivion doesn't have an Enchanting skill to prevent ping-ponging between Alchemy to create god potions.

Skyrim brings them back but has no RPG elements, so you're essentially just jacking up a number with no impact beyond what you can do within the perk system.

STALKER
TNM

No but I never bothered to try and break the games before.

Black Desert
It's practically a single player game anyway.

Apart from the other TES and Fallout games there ain't a whole lot.

Maybe some of the Witchers?

The first game isn't open world but it ticks a fair amount of boxes.

Maybe Risen?

I just inherited this laptop from a relative that didn't want it anymore. Can I run Morrowind with it? I'm not interested in mods other than the usual required unofficial patches and whatnot.

Probably. Why not just try it?

The game needs at minimum 32mb of vram. And I expect even a HD4000 can do that,

You are pretty much describing Ultima VII.

>Light emphasis on combat, doesn't have time-consuming battles or require you strategize frequently, might be able to regularly avoid combat
All combat is automatic so some extend, so you can just sit back and watch your party kill your enemies - all boils down of you equipment. There are not that many fights anyway.

>More emphasis on exploring and solving puzzles or mysteries
Ultima has some hard puzzles, which stems from the fact that you can interact with everything, and use everything. It's like Divine Divinities system if Divine Divinites system actually had a point. And yes, there are a lot of mysteries to solve - in fact, there is no quest log, just a large, breathing world where weird shit is happening, so after all the entire quest is a mystery and a puzzle in a way.

>Not required to grind
You can absolutely just go around the world, solve the mainstory and some sidequests and be more than ready to tackle everything. The expansion even gives you maxed stats after completing by default, trivializing the fights in the rest of the game.

>Reading rather than voice-acting
There is no voice-acting apart from the intro.

>Lots of LORE to discover in books n shit
Six parts of Ultima and a plentora of books. Every place has it's history and it's secrets, even the dungeons. If you want to go really deep, read the extensive manual (that is written like a travel guide, not like a manual) for even more lore.

>Preferably older games (low-poly aesthetic gets me just right)
Sorry, just detailed pixel-art here.

>Also preferably not an MMO
It's not Ultima Online.

Just be sure to play with Exult, a free engine that kind of modernizes some technical aspects like the smoothness of scrolling, the resolution and the framerate (now 7fps possible!).

Not OP but man. I so want to get into that, but the disgusting wonky perspective mixed with the laggy movement just makes me feel sick while playing it.

Remake fucking WHEN

>2d exploration

lmao kill yourself

Yeah, the perspective really threw me off as well. I got used to it eventuelly though. Enabling smooth-scrolling in Exult really helps a lot against the wonky feel of the game. Just watch this:

youtube.com/watch?v=wFqMP0Gi4fI
(also, that soundtrack, serously)

Remake never. Lord British is too busy making Ultima Online 2 and obviously has no interest in revisiting his glory days. Also, doesn't EA have the licence for Ultima? Kind of funny considering some parts of the main-story of Ultima VII was just a bick fuck you to Electronic Arts, that at the time had nothing to do with Ultima. Sometimes I wonder if Ultima 8 and 9 were their revenge.

Fisticuffs. The most fun run of Morrowind I ever played was carrying only a set of brown pants, no other items except key items, no magic. Just Cauis Cosades and his flying fists of fury.

Does that even work?

I mean, don't you need to punch every single enemy like 600 times to first make them go to sleep, then to actually hurt them?