What the actual fuck is this, nintendo?

What the actual fuck is this, nintendo?
What kind of "RF magic" are you pulling here?
Is you pulling a differential pairing with some extra grounding to counter for the high clock you wanna shove into this thing?

That's the weirdest cartridge edge connector ever.

looks like a more compact DS/3DS cartridge to me m8

Look at the pins of those cartridges.
All in line, except for the grounds that are bigger to protect the chip from retards plugging the cartridge with the system on.

Now look at that freaky weird shit that is the Switch pins.
It's like two pins per row then one pin per row then reversed two pins per row then the obvious ground and obvious power.
They're doing some freaky RF shit here.

Literally who gives a flying fuck as long as it works?

Is this firing up your autism?

>using cartridges
>STILL hasn't moved on to SD cards

>It's Okay When Nintendo Does it :^)

What?

I want to know what it does and how fast it is.
It's a novel thing you know.

looks fine to me

>to protect the chip from retards plugging the cartridge with the system on.
Wait a moment you cant plug cards when thw system is on

Never doubt the power of the kids.
Also you get to discharge caps etc etc etc etc etc etc etc...
But the grounds are always bigger either on the cart or on the cart slot.

did you really expect them to invent another format from scratch? i presume its a modified variant of UHS SD

This card actually offers a good lead.
On the high speed pins you get those grounds and differential pairs, just like you could presume on the Switch cartridge.

But it seems to have four pairs rather than two like on this card.

maybe devs can choose between standard and uhs cards depending on game? falling back on muh withered technology to save a few cents would be reasonable for sub- AAA titles

just a couple od differential pairings? Ever saw a pci connector pinout?
sage for not vidya

>CCCCP

Holy fuck it's practically communist

>7. Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.

Looks like four differential pairs with their grounds, a differential pair to control em (probably the only one that supports bidirectional communication), then ground then vin.

sounds about right

Now we need some dave jones like guy to poke a scope on those to see how fast they're clocked.

But in THEORY, you could have those twice as fast as the UHS-II cards.

A GAME THEORY

GET OUT MATT, OR I WILL END YOU RIGHTLY FOR THAT VIDEO!

>faster than 300MB/s
Not very likely.

How are designs of a game cart not vidya?

It is probably faster than the 3DS card, as it don't have any sort of differential pairing or RF protection on that thing.

Now just to explain this differential signaling bullshit,
With the differential pair, instead of detecting the bits with no power-high power, or low energy - high energy etc..
One of the pins have a positive charge and the other have a negative charge.
The Zero or One is determined by who's the positive/negative.
This allows the signal to be a lot more resistant to degradation, and run at a faster speed because they "switch" faster from 0 to 1 due having to travel just half the distance.

the cart does not affect games, therefore it's not relevant? Stuff like CPU, GPUs are fair
>this whole post
where to start?
>power
>energy
is fucking voltage
>negative/positive charge
wires are never charged. The only component that holds charge in a circuit are caps. The differential pair oscillate from a positive to a negative voltage respect to ground
>and run at a faster speed because they "switch" faster from 0 to 1 due having to travel just half the distance
that's not true. switching is almost instantaneus regardless of the voltage, and differential pairs usually cover more voltage (6.6V, from +3.3 to -3.3), more than TTL logic that goes from 0 to 5V or the more popular nowdays 0 to 3.3V.

The main use of a differential pair is to reduce the effects of HF switching. Since your current start to look like an alternate currrent you start to see RF effects, like traces with low resistance acting weird due to reactance, your signal jumping to other lines due to EM coupling.
Having two tracks close with opposing polarity and a ground shield reduces both the total outgoing EM field and the internal effects

What does this all mean? Is it good or is it bad?

>nintendo
>good

It's bad. It basically means Nintendo fucked themselves for good.

sony and microsoft are finished

>All in line, except for the grounds that are bigger to protect the chip from retards plugging the cartridge with the system on.
So changing games while the software is turned off and sitting idle on the home menu is... Bad?

take a basic electrical engineering course

It's whatever you want famalam

if it was bad to change carts with the system on they would have put a bunch of warnings on the system senpai

I son't think you know what you're talking about

i don't have enough money can you teach me instead

edx nigga