Is this a Remaster or are they actually upgrading textures and tweaking the gameplay?

During the PS3 era they didn't bother to update textures or tweak gameplay they simply upscaled

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_voxAA4aJw0
youtube.com/watch?v=NoNP5LhYfYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are you blabbering about.

They are upgrading textures for sure.

Not sure if they are going to tweak the gameplay.

They're literally re-doing all the models and textures and if you can't see that you're fucking blind.

Also, rendering at a higher native resolution (like SoTC HD and so on) is NOT upscaling.

I'm interested to know why during the pS3 era they didn't actually remastered the game like they are doing right now (upgrading textures, fixing gameplay,etc)

It's a Remaster+

Also, you can't simply upscale a PS1 game to PS3/4 unlike PS2 games.

might be related to the PS3's weird architecture that developers didn't like working with, they probably figured it'd be far easier and cost-effective to just port it. That, and laziness.

They were doing PS2 games mostly, not PS1 games.

Because rendering Ps2 games at 1080p actually looked pretty good.

Ps1 games don't fare so well, especially stuff like Crash where forcing the screen to be 16:9 shows a bunch of empty space the devs though you'd never see.

Is this a remake or a remaster?

Some of the 360-PS3 remasters were garbage. Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Silent hill...
I think the only two decent were Zone of the Enders HD Collection and Shadow of the Colossus

>Where does this come from ? did they show a new trailer or pictures ?

Remake

>Are they actually upgrading textures

How in the fuck are you asking this while posting a picture answering your question?

"remaster" should be reserved just for things that use the original game's source code and assets as a base imo

Screenshot/video reveals are not to be taken literally

>You'll never play Shadow of the Colossus with HD textures and tweaked gameplay

WHY
L I V E ?

btw the Ps3 port is very decent however they could have done something to the poor controls.

yes to me this is the most obvious qualifier.

If it is literally just upscaling the resolution and porting an older game then it is a remaster.

reworking the entire assets and changing how the game works is a remake.

For crash it looks like the latter, only the gameplay looks close to the original, it'd be hard to tell how it plays without actually having a controller in hand

Looking forward to this, my dream is that they see success with crash and remake some other 90's platformers like Medieval or Gex.

If it's the latest open world ubishit, sure. Do you really think they're going to downgrade this?

You'd have a point if it was a massive gameworld that was interconnected.

but it's a hub world with levels, they could probably make the game look even better than they show in the screenshots just by nature of being able to load hi-res textures at the beginning of levels.

at first I thought they were going to release a remaster like the ones released on PS3
I'm kinda surprised (in a good way) they are probably doing more stuff than just upgrading textures but in the end ... they could release a 1 min gameplay trailer at least

>sony
>gameplay trailers
funny joke

youtube.com/watch?v=_voxAA4aJw0

???

>They fixed that horrendous bell sound when you pick a one-up
Instant buy

Is this real?
the screen is so dark and the color is off

>remaster
>remake
>can't tell difference

I swear each passing year Sup Forums is getting more and more idiotic than ever before.

The graphics are not that great but a huge improvement

hopefully in this video is only a beta and they will improve further

youtube.com/watch?v=NoNP5LhYfYg

Holy crap, it looks amazing
When does it comes out? I need it.
Also, will it have a physical release=

this is a full scale remake, I don't see how you would get a by thing else from what we've seen. The gameplay will not be exactly the same.

>I swear each passing year Sup Forums is getting more and more idiotic than ever before.
What do you expect from all the underages on Sup Forums who probably grew up with Gen 7.

>WAAAAAAAAH IT ISN'T A 1:1 RECREATION
You can always turn on your PS1 to play, you know?

You do have a PS1, right?

Nah I was just saying
I was travelling from december to january 25 and just now I realize they released gameplay footage

If you get a chance, look it up on YouTube. They seem to be a pretty faithful remake of the first three games. Especially with CB1 getting much needed QoL upgrades.

>upscaling
Upscaling textures is upscaling.