Its a top ten worst Sonic characters list

>Its a top ten worst Sonic characters list
>Tails is number one
>"He's the worst cause he started it all"!

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesradar.com/the-10-worst-sonic-friends/#
youtube.com/watch?v=_hi98oP_7Wk&t=5m50s
ign.com/articles/2009/02/19/wednesday-10-videogame-characters-that-should-die
youtube.com/watch?v=FXglHbYB1Y4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

List five lists that do this.

Seriously, though, are Sonic's friends really that bad? You see video game sites complain about them all the time. I'm not talking about one-offs like Chip the retarded dog, I mean the main cast.

Stop watching Watchmojo garbage

WatchMojo
EpicTopTens
BuzzFeed
TopTenTrivia

I can only name 4.

I figure most of them just hated Sonic Adventure but couldn't think of a way to articulate why it was bad.

The only Sonic characters that aren't complete shit are Eggman/Robotnik, Metal Sonic, Knuckles, and Knuckles' friends.

The rest are awful furfag/emokid/edgelord-bait. Including Sonic himself. And even Knuckles gets pretty edgelordy at times.

He's shit. All Sonic friends are shit.

All of Sonic should've just been Sonic CD.

>Knuckles, and Knuckles' friends
Penders, pls.

In that picture, the only ones that are really okay are Knuckles and Tails, and even then Tails is a little bitch.
Everyone else is extraneous and unnecessary. Rouge and Amy are okay as side characters. But the world did NOT need Blaze, Cream, or Shadow.

I don't know, Shadow, Cream and co are fine to me.
But some of those character just don't make sense to me and it bother me, like Blaze. I loved Sonic Rush, but in one game she's from a parallel dimension, and the game after she's just from the future and there's just no mention of her knowing Sonic from before, or even the Sol Emeralds.
I know Sonic games are not about continuity, but the first Sonic friends like Knuckles and Tails still have the same ""back story""

>Gamesradar
>gamesradar.com/the-10-worst-sonic-friends/#
Tails is number one, higher than Big and Elise.
>"Yes, you read that correctly. The final and most important entrant into this list of the top 10 worst Sonic friends is the one that started it all: Miles "Tails" Prower. You might find yourself confused at this entry, somehow deluding yourself into thinking Tails is "alright" because he was introduced during the golden years of Sonic's past. However, you are deluded. Tails is the worst Sonic friend ever because he started it all. The very first Sonic sequel, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, introduced the concept of the very first Sonic friend, Miles Prower. It was the beginning of a tradition that would end with roughly 500,000 Sonic friends spread across years of shovelware and shite.

Even if we discard the terrible chain of events that Tails' birth kick started, there's no escaping from the fact that he's always been a crap character. In Sonic 2, he was a complete hindrance, especially on the bonus stages where his "help" is almost guaranteed to cost Chaos Emeralds. In recent years, he's been given the voice of an emasculated Ash Ketchum (if Ash can get more emasculated than he already is) and all the narrative relevance of an empty box of Cookie Crisp.

For never being a good character, and acting as the progenitor of the entire Sonic friend phenomenon, Tails is hereby dubbed the worst Sonic friend of all time. Now and forever."

>Guru Larry
youtube.com/watch?v=_hi98oP_7Wk&t=5m50s
"Thanks to him, we've had to put up annoying and rubbish characters in most game sequals ever since! And its all his fault! And he was the first of many, many utter poo Sonic characters.

>Knuckles friends

Charmy will be shit no matter what you say.

I hate Tails because his character is pathetic
He's more obsessed with Sonic than Amy for fucks sake, get a life you furry autist

>Shadow
I'm not even going to give you the benefit of a bait reaction image.

I have no inherent problem with them but most of them are unnecessary. If you cut the cast back to that of Adventure/2 (really only half) you'd lose nothing

>hating on best bee

What the fuck is wrong with you?

>no Knuckles

>IGN
>ign.com/articles/2009/02/19/wednesday-10-videogame-characters-that-should-die
>"When were Sonic games awesome? When it was just Sonic the Hedgehog on Genesis. As soon as Tails, Knuckles, and the slew of other weird, furry folks showed up, things started getting iffy with this franchise. SEGA needs to pull a Mega Man and get back to basics -- dump the dead weight, and give us a 16-bit sidescroller when we tear through a level on a quest to stop Robotnik and get wings. We don't want 3D, we don't want guns, and we don't want werehog. You can either put all the arbitrary characters into a bus and have Robotnik blow it up or just never mention them again. Either way, we'd be happy and the franchise would be saved."

Tails, Knuckles, and Amy are fine. Shadow, Rouge, and Blase need some work. Cream and Silver and the Chaotix need to go. Who ever said OH BOY I CANT WAIT TO PLAY AS VECTOR THE CROCODILE? Nobody. Same goes for Espio and Charmy.

>durr he's like the complete opposite of Sonic
Yeah, no.

Serious question how can someone have this opinion? Sonic 2 is objectively better than Sonic 1, as was CD, as was 3 & Knuckles I just don't get it. Sonic 1 wasn't bad but this seems like a meme opinion.

>Not liking the Chaotix
Their designs were fine. It was Heroes onwards that raped them. Charmy's personality got rewritten entirely, he was never supposed to be that excitable and annoying.

Vector is rad. Charmy and the weeb lizard need to go though

>SEGA needs to pull a Mega Man and get back to basics
topkek

Why are the male sonic characters all nude?

go on.

youtube.com/watch?v=FXglHbYB1Y4

>Wave
>meh
Go fuck yourself.

>weeb lizard

fuck off

Inherently? No. They were a problem in the early 2000's because Sonic Team kept shoveling them in and did absolutely NOTHING of note with them while forcing you to play whatever gimmick they introduced. Most people would be fine with Sonic's extended cast if you weren't forced to play as them and they just kept the narrative going.

*teleports behind you*

>Sonic, Eggman, Tails (and maybe Knuckles/Amy/Metal) are fine, everybody else needs to go
This is a cancer attitude and I don't know why people want Sonic to turn into Paper Mario Sticker Star. Unique characters are a good thing. They just need to be utilized properly, which they rarely ever are in this series. Sonic doesn't need a character purge, it just needs to limit itself to 4 playable characters per game max (and every Sonic game for the last decade or so has already done this) and get better writers who only utilize characters when they fit the situation (as opposed to the "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" attitude of games like Sonic 2006 and Heroes)

You know you want to.

End this thread

I think it's just a meme I never hated any of them.
I will say though the way Tails has been portrayed lately has made him into an unlikable cunt. It's not even witty snark he's just an asshole sometimes.

It's a meme argument.
The problem isn't the number of characters, it's how they're managed. Lots of things wrong with the "Sonics friends are bad" argument stems from bad writing, lackluster game design and atrocious pacing.

Daily reminder that we haven't had a playable character who isn't Sonic in a mainline game for over ten years, and that's done little to raise the blue blur's reputation. There are a lot of problems with SEGA is handling the franchise, but the other characters are just a minor footnote. If anything, they're victims as well.

I'm not even into Sonic and is here out of sheer curiosity.

Why are people fucking ranking cartoon hedgehog's friends?

Because it's a popular franchise and clickbait artists will make top ten's out of literally anything. Hardly rocket science.

gotta rank everything

I guess that makes sense. Who would really miss Blaze, Silver, Marina or Jet?

Of course he must be obsessed with Sonic, can't have anyone stealing spotlight from the hero after all. Actually, when you think about it, pretty much every Sonic character is obsessed with Sonic for reason or another.

LOL i havent seen this in a while

DELET

>The problem isn't the number of characters, it's how they're managed

This, so hard. It's honestly gotten to the point where the Sonic fanbase that has managed to continue existing and the "professional game criticism" world are at odds with each other because they're living in two radically different worlds. We haven't had a main series game with a character other than Sonic playable since 2008 (unless you're counting the Werehog, idc) but people still act like Sonic's friends are a problem plaguing the series. It's just infuriatingly annoying.

But yeah, the problem isn't the fact that the extended cast exists. Mario has an extended cast with even less personality, and nobody bats an eyelid at them. The problem lies in the fact that most of the time when the cast IS used, they're all shoved in together with either little bearing on the story or overly bearing on the story, as was the case in Heroes and 06.

A game that did things right, for example, would probably be Sonic Rush Adventure, which only focused on Sonic, Tails, Blaze, and Marine, and everyone there was mostly likable and helped the simple plot flow (some people don't like Marine much, but I think there's still more that could be done with her, as well as Blaze). The Adventure games (barring Big) and Unleashed managed its cast pretty well too. The games just need to make sure everyone who's included has a major purpose without outright overshadowing (hint hint) Sonic.

The worst characters are actually reptiles

This is a honestly a symptom of the series going to shit. (even if ironically most characters were introduced in the Adventures games, and they are not the beginning of the true degenerancy of Sonic even if you can dislike them)
Introducing rather useless characters is often a sign of something being wrong.
Sonic 06 introducing a second Sonic "clone" is maybe a better example, and so are the oneshot useless characters of the later games.

>series started going downhill with adventure games
there is completely nothing ironic about it

Well that's my opinion, that not the Adventure games aren't bad games and the true problems began after that.