Never was into turn based RPGs

>never was into turn based RPGs
>put me off from playing a bunch of games
>finally bite the bullet and play Persona 4
>love it, even the dungeons

I feel that Persona 4 is a great entry-level RPG, and I'm planning on going through the rest of the series; what are some other similar games? I'd like to get into the genre some more, but FF doesn't really interest me. Is Blue Dragon worth a shot?

Also, Persona thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p0izTsRSBBI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what consoles you got?

The two Blue Dragon DS games aren't very good. The 360 one is a solid 8/10 entry level jrpg.

Lost Odyssey is the best on 360.

I have every console 7th gen onwards, and a Dreamcast.
Having no PS2 is a bit of a problem but they're pretty easy to emulate.

Fire Emblem, Earthbound/Mother series, and Child of Light are great starting points.

I recommend as soon as you finish Persona 4 you immediately play either SMT Nocturne or SMT IV as they are great SMT games.

I know this feel...

>not into a lot of RPGs
>finished FF VII and Grandia once
>hear all about this Persona 4 franchise
>"proper" weebshit? Hmm...
>see PS2 version in a shop
>£20
>okay. Lets see.
>get home, load up.
>catchy music for sure
>meet Yukiko and Chie
>"w-what r u sayin Chie!? B-BAKA!"
>pfft... I knew it...
>give it some more time
>days pass
>discover Chie and Yosuke are good bro's
>save yukiko
>start hanging out with Chie
>share lunch
>Chie thanks me for lunch gets a red face and fuck me eyes
>feel muh dick stir irl
>w-what is this??
>about a week in
>Chie phones
>"hey user, wanna hang out?"
>I-I LOVE YOU CHIE-CHAN!!!
>(but you didn't have enough "courage")

Damn anons, they fucking got me. Tomboys are life. Id love to meet a real Japanese tomboy. Pic related = irl Chie:

Persona's 4 magic user

I wish there were more available on the Vita.
I find playing RPGs like this on a handheld so much more accessible.

>want to take a break in the middle of a dungeon
>press the power button and put it into sleep mode
>don't have to worry about anything crashing or running up my in-game time

>feel like playing something on the train to work
>jump into some social links

It's a good feel.

>already watched the anime and played some P4A
>Naoto waifu tier
>jump into P4G
>end up falling for Chie

Chie is life

Play DQ5

I liked Chie more in P4 and then Naoto more in P4G.

>dat cute ski bunny tomboy
>dat hot springs scene
>dat cute epilogue outfit
>dat super shy acceptance of MC's luvu
>dat actually being a useful battle character in P4G

She went from shit to god tier in the port. Even if her "detective" skills are still shit.

>Even if her "detective" skills are still shit.
>in Persona "let's ask about town for two days to find out that the insecure closeted guy in insecure and closeted" 4

It's weird because everyone's a fucking dumbass in the game, but I couldn't have it anyway.

>Rise appears on the midnight channel after being on TV the day before, literal hours after the group discuss how the midnight channel works
>Yosuke calls up like "WHO WAS THAT"

If you took p4, removed the dungeons, increased the story by 500%, added two dozen more characters to interact with, added more areas to visit(movies, beach, gym, pool, love hotel, friends homes, etc), stretched it over 4 years(starting as freshman, ending at graduation), made social links harder to raise and maintain, added more shit to do at home, and included more RPG elements, would it still be a good game?

basically P4, without needing to do dungeons and shit, but with the same story and heavily focused on just being a high school student spending time with your friends.

Play some mainline SMT, bro. The original on SNES, Nocturne on PS2, and IV or Soul Hackers on 3DS are all fine entry points.

Chie had plenty of cute scenes in Golden
>arguing with her during her second persona evolution event
>being so modest all the time to the point you want to hug her
>talking about her parents teasing her for dressing up for the new year's shrine event

>"I'm worried about Yukiko"
>"I'm more worried about you"
>that blush

>Soul Hackers
>mainline

Nope.

But it's as good as the best mainline games.

Man I wish someone would hurry up and translate Devil Summoner 1.

Persona 4 is my favorite game of all time and I always only do the friendship paths in the social links.

They're not the smartest of the bunch.
Naoto is supposed to be super smart yet all she does is make mistake after mistake.

>expect to be attacked
>not set up any camera

That still baffles me.

>ski bunny

Huh?? PS2 only fag here, did i miss a scene?

>The way she talks about loving your scent

I didn't ask to feel this alone.

Uhnf...

youtube.com/watch?v=p0izTsRSBBI

I... I don't remember this?!

Her valentine's event.

Cancer.

Suggestions thread? Oh man.

I personally thoroughly enjoyed FFX despite being someone who dislikes most RPGs.

FFCC was also my jam unfortunately emulated you can't multiplayer that or the Zelda four seasons game well if you can get it to work at all.

>Tfw getting walled by Wendigo in DeSu
Should I just end myself right now? I almost did it but he took out Yuzu at the critical moment.

Does Ice Dance go on yuzu or on me? I'm going Mag-Vit build with supplementary Ag if needed

Ya know as someone who loves tomboys, I fucking cannot stand Chie. She just does everything wrong in what I like about a tomboy. I honestly liked Marie more.

The best part of japanese tomboys is that they're so common and it's not so much that they want to be a boy they just want to enjoy what they want to enjoy. It's great and healthy and just generally seem to be quite upbeat but not too upbeat.

THE FUCK? Is this golden exclusive? Or Is this just later on than im at? im currently in the Adachi dungeon, trying to hunt him down.

Golden exclusive, theres a whole 3 months they add in the game where its snowy.

Playing P4 Golden again to finish the trophies before P5 comes out.

I tell myself I'll go for Naoto this time, but Chie is so lovely...

Anything after christmas but before the final day is golden exclusive. There are also a few other events sprinkled in the earlier parts like the adachi SL, beach trip, operation babe hunt P4 edition where you can seduce a middle age police officer, and I think it even lets you take your current gf out on a date in the summer festival the day after Teddie cockblocks you in the original.

>The best part of japanese tomboys is that they're so common

Oh god... Really?

Book me a couple of one way tickets to "muh"

I had to go out with Naoto once just for the costume you can get from her christmas event.

Persona 4 is even less of an RPG than P3P, a glorified VN-ified port of Persona 3

Yukiko still has a godtier design though

Given that it seems to be a similar case in Russia I wonder if it has to do with forced long school days/club activities and most of them being athletic in nature.

Holy shit! Im missing out on so much...

>liking Yuckiko "You're SO FUNNY Chie" Amigo

Reminds me of love plus

Only complaint I have about those events is that during the operation babehunt Kanji acts too much like he's already hung out for months with the group when the event actually takes place right after you recruit him.

P4 having more than one dungeon already makes it more rpg than P3.
Yukiko's design is indeed great.

Where my Marie niggas at?

lmao delusional weebs
chie isnt real

>2/12

I'm here

What I like about her is she embodies the kind of girl I liked in High School. Thank God I've grown out of that, now I like aloof slightly cold women who use that as a shell for their burning passion.

I want one so bad...

She's the cutest, but her personality is shit. Plus she stole Naoto's hat.

How much am I missing by not playing Golden? Is vanilla P4 still worth playing?

? Huh?

There's a list of chances in the smt wiki entry I think.

After Christmas the game skips to the last day before you leave Inaba.

She also stole Naoto's spot as the titty monster of the group she's also smarter than Naoto but that's not saying much.

How many times have you posted this person? You should probably seek help my man.

>smarter than Naoto
>not saying much
how dare you
Naoto is the only smart girl in P4

That massive list of stuff doesn't really mean anything to me. Really I want to know if I should play regular P4 or not because I don't have a Vita and I probably won't buy one.

you could get a pstv for way cheaper and still play the good version

Bruh we are in an anime waifu apreciation thread... We all might need help.

>most important thing in her life is being a detective
>she fucking sucks at it
That would be like Rise being a mediocre idol.

You are the only one posting 3DPD, you sick fuck.

My b.

Better?

persona 4 is a shit game and the only redeemable quality is the music

Sure, but that's not a tomboy, that's a midget with large breasts.

I am partial to Elizabeth, even if she's kind of like a socially retarded alien.

P4 waifus are a lot more relatable than P3's.

She looka pretty leggy brah. Naoto is an odd one though isn't she? Its like, Chie is a classic Tomboy. Undeniably so, but Noato for some reason fits a whole different taxonamy.

Is Naoto-Kanji-Yukiko a good team? I'm using Yosuke-Kaji-Yukiko right now, but I want to try her out when I get her, and then end up using the other three characters on my next playthrough.

Claiming the best waifu. P2EP Ellie included.

>The first time hearing "Your Affection"

Even the remix on P4D is god-tier.

Only in the golden. Naoti is awful in vanilla.
That's because people can't into proportions. Naoto not giving a fuck about her looks is because she's autistic, not because she's a tomboy.

Heartbeat and its remix are my personal favs.

Shit i think thats my cosin un the right where did you get this user ?

>put Vita on sleep after getting bored
>come back to it a few days later after forgetting about it
>pick up where I left off
Shit's very handy

The internet, girl on left is a famous japanese Judoka. Which would also make the girl on the left ur cousin.

post ur cousins basically.

Reminder that P4's tone is all Chie's fault.

This is why the DS was the best system.

Post your cousin

I liked Yukiko the most.

I though Naoto was the worst.

>tfw I like Kung fu movies and short hair
>start P4G

>you will never sniff Chie's shoes after training
why go on?

>Fully charged Vita
>Put it in sleep mode
>Forgot about it until I beat Yakuza 0
>It's still at half battery and ready to play

It's criminal that Sony fucked up hard with all the cool shit it has.

Well, you have the worst possible taste. Congratulations.

What's the last Kung-Fu movie you saw, fag?

I just finished Fist of the Golden Monkey.

What's there to like about Naoto?

Her tits and...
That's all I got.

Smart, interesting, cute voice, socially withdrawn.

>Smart
Allegedly
>interesting
What is interesting about her?
>cute voice
Yes
>socially withdrawn
Awful trait

>What's the last Kung-Fu movie you saw, fag?

>Allegedly
She's pretty obviously intended to be seen as smart (e.g. requiring max knowledge to do her social link and her vocabulary compared to everyone else). Her competence as a detective is never questioned, only her attitude.
>interesting
She's guarded, mysterious, and unique; it takes time to figure her out. I find her struggles with accepting her gender more interesting than Yukiko's "I won't inherit the inn, oh wait I guess I will" or the other girls' similar issues.
>socially withdrawn is an awful trait
I like it because it reminds me of myself. I suspect her relative isolation is one of the reasons she's so popular with the fans.

p3, nocturne, or strange journey.
devil survivor is different but also good and has the perfect girl.

Probably the only girl in the DeSu games that isn't stacked.

The layouts and gameplay of the P4 dungeons are exactly like Tartarus, there's no difference.

No they're not. They're not necessarily any better but there are some small differences in the P4 dungeons compared to P3.

Some P4 dungeons had a few small gimmicks like short teleporter puzzles, not getting sp back, and not getting caught by enemies.

>Her competence as a detective is never questioned
Well, it should. Because not setting up a camera and murdering a guy with a perfect alibi is dumb as hell.

Entry-tier stuff. Stream it if you are so great