Describe the pros and cons for someone with 45 euros in his pocket that he doesn't know what to do with

Describe the pros and cons for someone with 45 euros in his pocket that he doesn't know what to do with

A fan of some FF games (7,8,10 and 12), not a fan of others (9, 13, online versions)

>pros

potential

>cons

wasted it

>Pros
Roadtrip brotherhood vibe
The party feel like real friends and are likable
Fun combat
God tier music
Great visuals
Great animation and monster enemies
Some fun sidequests like the On Tour sidequests

>Cons
Story is rushed in the second half
Limited customization
Not hard
Some characters are skimmed over
Lots of fetch quests

Save your money. The game isn't finished, yet. They will be releasing DLC all 2017, so if you are really interested just wait until they stop making content for this game

>pros

no pros

>cons

>everything else

There is literally no redeemable qualities for this game except for nice designed waifus (and all of them are dropped at certain points)

No amount of DLC's will fix this trainwreck.

>A fan of some FF games (7,8,10 and 12), not a fan of others (9, 13, online versions)
That's some eclectic taste you've got there. I'd say you're most likely to get something out of XV if you're a fan of either VI or VIII. Or some of the earlier ones, depending.

Basically there are no straight-up pros. Everything has slight issues with it. Graphics alone, for example, have really nice character models with aliased hair because there's too much fine detail. Environments are impressively large but shadows cut out depressingly close to the player and a lot of assets(i.e. rocks, trees) are borderline-last gen looking. Lighting is incredible, one of the most realistic I've seen in a game, except when the tonemapping is totally off and makes stuff look washed out or crushes blacks.

Overall I'd say the graphics are pretty good, the combat is entertaining enough for ~20 hours but falls apart if you squint too hard, story is unequivocally awful(seriously no one defends it), characters can either be lame stereotypes or chill bros depending on how much you insert your own "headcanon."

What kills it for me is honestly the fact that there's so little exploration and worldbuilding. If you watch a couple of the trailers, you've pretty much seen all of the environmental variety in the game. Just a bunch of plain open fields. Pretty open fields, considering, but still quite boring. Also there's only two towns, but honestly I kind of consider it 1.5 because one is very small and the other has very little to do in it.

tl;dr, it's 7/10 at best, I'd honestly wait until all the DLCs/patches release and pick up the complete version then.

Damn. I was hoping for a linear, story-drive rpg. I'm getting kindof sick of the open-world formula...but if the story is shit...

if you wanna have comfy time get XV, a need for speed and minecraft

I like the idea of the story, but it is executed terribly.

pros: it got released
cons: it got released

The game is an utter shitfest.

THe combat is utter trash, so they try to mask that by throwing 50 enemies at you, at once, but said trash combat isnt suited for multi target fights.

90% of the "content" is "lower than MMO fetch quest tier" garbage.

The term "empty open world" gets thrown around so much it lost all meaning, but truly this applies to this game.

There is literally fuck all in the vast world.

You were looking for linear yet didn't like 13? Assuming you're OP, what was your problem with 13 exactly?

Yet again still on suicide watch, my sides.

>Basically there are no straight-up pros.
No one should take you seriously. By this logic you can say this about any game because nothing is perfect.

To me, 13 felt like one gigantic dungeon crawl populated exclusively by shite characters and I had absolutely no idea what the hell was going on. My favourite part of FF games is getting to a new town and meeting all the characters in them, resting at an inn, buying new equipment and then rolling out again

(PS, you were right, I am OP)

The combat is great though and the sidequests are the same thing you do in older FFs. And no it is not empty, it is more full of things than the world maps of FF1-9 are. There is dungeons, monsters, sidequests, outposts and settlements etc.

Presentation is fantastic. Everything else it's just ok .

Ya I guess thats what a lot of people complain about it, but I loved that kind of non-stop moving forward type of narrative. Nevertheless I think the narrative was clearer than in XV, and while XV may be much more open, if a main story is something that is most important to you in a Final Fantasy, you're bound to be let down. You'll have tons of side content to do to flesh out your main characters but it doesn't go much beyond that

>still on suicide watch
I know that you're on suicide watch, Bazztek. I just find it interesting why you defend this piece of garbage so fiercely.
You literally gonna chew this shit from Tabata's interview from GameInformer? Or you defended this game for so long thats is your bad habit now even tho you understand that the game is trash and painful for you to admit it?

And here we go again, I mean you're also triggered that the game was a financial success too and you still are going around shitposting in XV threads with your memes.

>b-but muh gameinformer
You meant the article which says that the story is mainly told from Noctis's perspective? Which is obvious to anyone that plays it? What's wrong? Desperate for shitposts again?

shut the fuck up

About that quote. Why should i get triggered about its financial success? It will help them to start to create good finished games, or maybe after FFXV success they will shove you even more of unfinished products? Now SE know that their fanbase has so much low standarts that they will eat any shit from them.

You clearly are which is why you shitpost about the game for months acting like it was a flop only to get BTFO, then you flipped to meme posting about the combat only to get BTFO about that too, now you are back to shitposting about the story and "le unfinished" memes despite you again being BTFO because you clearly didn't understand the point of it.

Do you shitpost about Xenogears this hard too?

I didn't shitpost at all, i was hyped for this game since like forever, even under Tabata, Dawn trailers were my favorites. Im just strong enough to admit that the game is garbage, and you're fucking weak pussy, who can't admit that he got proven wrong.

>Fan of 8 and 12.

You have a better chance at liking it than most.

I was in no way hyped for 15. Didn't track its progress, never read about it, didn't pre order. I bought it on a whim out of boredom.

Flawed? Sure. There are some issues, but overall the game as a whole was fucking great.

Good times.

fuk off Bazztek, stop samefagging

piss off bazztek, dont you have more rape threats to make

Sure thing falseflagger.

>i w-was hyped for it but it's shit worst thing ever now see that means i was a fan of thing but not anymore!

So desperate.

Man you're getting paranoid again. Suicide Hotline is on your speed dial right?

.... It must be painful to be this stupid.
But seriously, Fun game. Buy it OP.

Well if you like FF12 then you probably dont care about liking the characters or balanced combat so you may vibe with FF15 user.

Seeing as XV has the most likeable FF cast not sure what you mean.

>My favourite part of FF games is getting to a new town and meeting all the characters in them, resting at an inn, buying new equipment and then rolling out again
In that case, you probably won't like XV. There are technically little outposts and rest stops, but there's almost nothing to do at them except getting new hunts(think cie'th stones from XIII minus the flavortext; yes, it's that bad). Plus none of them have a particularly strong "identity" or feel like you're actually visiting somewhere new.

>and I had absolutely no idea what the hell was going on
This is XV if you don't watch the extra stuff like Brotherhood and Kingsglaive. Even if you do, there's a lot of mythology stuff that's pretty much ignored for 90% of the game until it suddenly becomes super important at the end. The only reason it gets a pass is because the story ostensibly starts out with a really simple premise(your home country's been occupied, you have to go on a quest to destroy them and retake your home), but in reality that plotline never goes anywhere and has nothing to do with what actually ends up happening in the later chapters.

XV-kun is going to barge in and claim that everything makes perfect sense if you "pay attention," but his definition of paying attention consists of autistically looking at every random book, scrap of paper, listening to every radio broadcast, etc. Plus it belies the real problem, which is that a world doesn't feel like a cohesive, living place if the only evidence of big, world-changing events and institutions is random notes and radio broadcasts. It's bad worldbuilding, full stop.

Honestly I am surprised to see people legitimately defending this game as anything other than generic and mediocre.

its just one nignog.

>This is XV if you don't watch the extra stuff like Brotherhood and Kingsglaive

Don't listen to this guy. Both of those are completely unnecessary to anything in XV. BH has nothing to do with the story of XV and anything important that happens in KG is learned by the player in the game anyway.

And no I'm not talking about paying attention to scraps of paper. Spoilers for chapter 1 and Kingsglaive but the important things in Kingsglaive are as follows

1: Insomnia and Niflheim are having a peace treaty, you learn this at the start of chapter 1 from party dialog.
2:One of the terms of the treaty is Noctis is to marry Luna in Altissia, these are mention as part of specific scripted dialog that happens when you are driving to Galdin Quay, every person who plays the game encounters this dialog.
3: Niflheim betrays the peace treaty and steals the Crystal. This is towards the end of chapter 1.
4: Regis is killed. Again you learn this at the end of chapter 1 when Cor outright tells it to Noctis.
5: Luna was in Insomnia when it was invaded and makes it out carrying the Ring of Lucii. This is a cutscene at the very start of chapter 2.

Also the radio's are important because they tell of things happening around the world in different chapters, trying to act like they don't matter is just a sign that that person is trying to downplay what the player actually has access to. The way you learn things is done naturally and is how regular people in that world would find out things.

>Pros
+Gorgeous graphics
+Awesome music
+Fun combat

>Cons
-Rushed and badly told story
-Flat characters with almost no character development
-A dangerously useless and frustrating car

If you like the FF franchise for the awesome plots and deep characters then stay the hell away from FFXV, otherwise if you are a fan of the franchise just for the graphics and the gameplay then it's ok.

Personally I believe that this game could have been a diamond, but unfortunately it's just coal...

Nice try there.

>exactly one minute apart

nice try bASStek

Really shit game do not buy

Possibly the worst in the series

Best game in the series.

OP here again, you guys convinced me to keep my 45 euro in my pocket. Maybe I'll just get an emulator and play something old instead

Have you ever been so sad that you pretend to be an OP asking if a game is good or not that later replies saying "thanks guys game is shit!".

That suicide watch really got to you huh?

Bought it and having a ton of fun so far, gonna buy a copy for my m8 too, thanks guys!

Better RPGs to play this year.
Wait for expanded version once updates done.

This is genuinely OP. I was thinking about getting the game but after hearing that it lacks the things I like most in JRPGs I decided to keep my money and wait either for GOTY or for a good sale on the Playstation Store

What!? Are you high?

Triggered

Sure thing buddy.

It is.

Why would I lie?

I would suggest you the Witcher 3 goty edition

He's trying to convince himself that nobody could be persuaded out of FFXV because of how impossibly awesome it is. FFXV-kun stoops to new lows

Its always fun to see Bazztek samefagging so badly to defend this game. Even everything against him, even if director of this game straigh up said that story is garbage, he keep doing it.

Already have it. To be honest I'm not gone on The Witcher series. Geralt is a bit of a cliche, camera and combat can be a bit clanky, story felt rushed and unfinished.

Still enjoyed it a lot, don't get me wrong, but I wasn't AS blown away by it as the internet was (although i haven't played the DLCs yet)

It's all he has in his life

I don't know maybe because you are a piece of shit subhuman who is so desperate to shit on XV you even pretend to be an OP who genuinely asked for pros and cons about it, who is now saying "yep game is shit not buying it thanks guis!".

Nice try once again.

>16 seconds apart
>must be samefag
desperate and pathetic

Everyone knows you phonepost, stop acting as if this is not a fact.

I'm not saying the game itself is shit, how could I? I haven't even played it. I'm just saying the arguments presented here have convinced me that it doesn't focus on the things I like in an RPG

>60 hour campaign
>story felt rushed and unfinished

I was going to respond seriously, but I see this thread is better abandoned asap

>someone doesn't buy the game after this thread
>HE SAID IT'S SHIT
Cmon you can do better than that

Sure thing fake "OP".

Is the campaign 60 hours? I finished it in less and I did every single witcher's contract, got all the gwent cards and visited every single map marker in the first map (not White Orchard, the big one, forget what it's called...the one that's not Skellige)

You are a sad, pathetic aussie

Man you really are a sad piece of shit.

What next? Another post where you say "but I'm not saying it's shit just that it's not what I look for in RPG because of the arguments in this thread!"

Even though arguments in this thread show that the game is what OP looks for in an RPG, but you just want to shill your agenda and keep pretending you are OP while you samefag responses and phonepost.

And people called ME a fat liar, when I said I did it in under 80 hours

story is like 15 hours long at best, which is laughable for Final Fantasy game.

When I say it feels rushed and unfinished I mean for stuff like Radovid just appearing in control of Novigrad with zero explanation (although Nilfgaard still has an embassy there????) and the Wild Hunt just not being explained at all until about eight minutes before the end..."Oh, they're interdimensional elves" as well as Ciri's abilities being more vague than the Undertaker's, (how exactly will she stop the Wild Hunt's planet from turning into Hoth?

The only sad thing is that you care so much about someone potentially not buying the game

No it isn't, and that guy isn't talking about XV idiot.

And don't even try meme posting me someone who cleared XV in 15 hours or less by rushing it and skipping scenes, you can beat FF1-9 in under 10 hours too.

>while you samefag responses and phonepost.
only xv-kun does that

OP asked for pros and cons, and you are trying to use this as an oppurtunity to shitpost.

I gave OP pros and cons here And countered someone who tried to tell OP about he won't like it here

Yea, we segwayed into talking about Witcher 3

I didn't skip any cutscenes, my playtrough was about 23 hours, half of this time i did hunts and fetch quests, so story(actual story in this game starts only in chapter 9) is probably even less than 15 hours.

>Radovid just appearing in control of Novigrad with zero explanation

Dude, the whole Novigrad part of the game is about that. The city was controlled by the crime lords and Radovid bought one of them and the church, and so gained influence over the place. Maybe pay attention a bit instead of fast traveling from objective to objective while mashing buttons?

>the Wild Hunt just not being explained at all until about eight minutes before the end

Well, with it being the third part in a series, and continuation to a mountain of novels, you're kinda expected to know the basics before you get started.

RED ALERT RED ALERT
BAZZTEK HIS GONE INTO AUTISM OVERDRIVE

WATCH OUT OR HELL DOX AND RAPE YOU IRL

You're full of shit, why are you trying so hard?

So?
Doesn't mean he has to buy it

Then why are you trying to pretend you are OP?

(Don't know how to greentext)
Radovid: In WW2 the Allies had influence with the Mafia, they still had to actually invade the country and shit. Having a few crooks in your pocket does not a conquest make. All I'm asking for is a bit of exposition. Obvious cut content was obvious

Wild Hunt: I get that, third in series etc etc, but they could have done something especially since so few played the first one and relatively few played the second and nobody has read the books. That'd be like Shadow of Mordor making no sense unless you've read The Silmarillion. The game should stand on its own two feet

What do you mean? I didn't try anything. Just said thats actual length of this game is pretty laughable compared to previous entries, why did it offend you?

I'm not, i'm just telling you that he doesn't have to buy it
This was my first post

Also why should he believe your single postand not all the other posts? It's not like he's been following hundreds of threads. You always think your posts are some shining light that are different from the others

He's not pretending to be OP, that's why he spoke in the third person, for the sake of historical record, THESE are my (OP's) posts:

Except it's not, you can beat XV in the same time it takes you to beat older FFs.

Nice try fake OP.

Would you have believed him if he said he'd buy the game?

You sound like someone who hasn't encountered XV-kun before. Seriously, get out while you still can. He's literally been shilling this game for YEARS and posts at all hours of the day. Entire threads are sustained to the post limit simply because of his autistic arguments and shitflinging. It's literally impossible to have a half-decent conversation about the game because of him.

No because it's obvious you just shitposting because you are trying to act you are OP, you are pretending to be like someone who may possibly be interested in playing the game but who is somehow convinced not to from some uninformed person spouting some shit about the game, while not even acknowledging the other posts in the thread directed at him about why he would like it.

Stop talking to yourself already.

If you rush through story it will take you 15 hours at best. Just stop defend and deny it bazzy, you and me both know this is true.

Why does he do this instead of actually playing the game?

"We wanted to create garbage story since day1"

God, i never laughed so hard.

Who knows

And here we see him changing his shitpost on the fly again.

You can beat FF1-9 in under 10 hours by rushing it, you can beat XV in under 10 hours by rushing it. The fuck does that change that playing XV at a normal pace doing both side stuff and main game stuff can easily have you clock in over 40-50 hours for main playthrough?

Good thing he didn't say that then isn't it? But you're going to keep meme posting that since it's your new thing to latch onto.

Sounds a little paranoid to me

>You can beat FF1-9 in under 10 hours by rushing it.
Don't lie, you can't do that if you're not speedrunning these games. When it comes to FFXV you finish in 15 hours at your first playthru.

That's how pathetic that shitposter is.

Yes you can, stop bullshitting already, you can beat them all in under 10 hours by rushing, you can beat them all in 40-50~ hours by going normal pace or main plus side game content.

>Good thing he didn't say that then isn't it?

Look at pic, its Tabata's quote.

I liked it quite a bit, but because I thought it would be utter shit. The combat is fun, and when you are a high enough level it gets even better. The open world thing is mediocre at best, because there are no daytime encounters, and nothing to interact with beside some occasional conversations and some enemies at night. It may just be me, but I felt more game time than necessary was spent in the fucking car.

Story is alright. What the game presents to you is all understandable up until chapter 9. Which is, coincidentally, when the game story stops being open world. Stuff's easy to get up until you start delving into the actual lore of the world, and who Ardyn is.

The anime is not really necessary to get the story, but it does expand on the motivations and back story of the main four. Kingsglaive gives some insight into minor, minor characters in the game, like Regis and Luna's brother (Reevus?). You see how Regis dies, what motivates Reevus, and how Tenebrae got conquered (sort of). It does nothing to add to Luna's character, however. They just refer to her as a "princess," not as the Oracle.

There is A LOT of stuff to do. I clocked in around 70 hours when I beat the game the first time., but I think that may have been because I collected all the royal arms. It took me 93 or so hours to reach lvl 99 and max out all character skills (cooking, photography). I only collected a handful of the "super weapons" behind the locked doors, have not completed all hunts, and did not do the Pitioss Dungeon.

Yes and he doesn't say what you are trying to pretend he is saying. He's saying that the focus of the game was mainly showing the story from Noctis's perspective so that it isn't completely balanced by showing you everything happening outside of what Noctis goes through, how is that him saying it's intentionally bad?

Not a single FF story is balanced, you never see absolutely everything happening and there is rushed stuff in every FF too.