Serious Sam Thread

Recently Croteam did a pretty nice announcement, how about a comfy SS thread to celebrate?

steamcommunity.com/app/552450/discussions/0/133256689834367041/

>Yes, there will be SSVR: The Second Encounter and Serious Sam 3 VR: BFE!
>Yes, there will be The Talos Principle VR!
Yes, Serious Sam 4 is still happening and our core team remains hard at work on this, while two much smaller VR teams will continue to grow and work on more VR projects.
>No, we haven’t forgotten our “flat” games. We’re announcing Serious Sam Fusion 2017, a FREE update for all owners of Serious Sam games, both flat and VR versions. This update will be rolled out gradually, starting with The First Encounter, and then The Second Encounter and Serious Sam 3: BFE.
>Serious Sam Fusion 2017 update will bring a common workshop for cross-game mods support, as well as enable multiplayer between “flat” and VR versions of games, among other things. So, if you have Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter and your friend has The First Encounter HD, you can connect and play coop or versus with one another – using Fusion 2017.

>Here’s the complete list of Serious Fusion 2017 update features that will become available in ALL of the games, for free:

>All games now support SteamOS/Linux/OSX!
>Split-screen!
>64bit executables
>Support for Vulkan API (DirectX9 is now being removed; so long and thanks for all the bugs)
>Multithreaded rendering
>The new “lightweight” savegame system; savegames are now saved much faster, are very small and stored in the Steam cloud, and savegames still work even if a level is changed in a patch, or if a mod is updated
>Full support for all controllers including Steam controller, PS4 gamepads, all older DInput joysticks
>Proper multimonitor support
>Borderless window support
>Customizable sound outputs
>Proper 3D audio using a proprietary sound-mixer (the same approach as used in the old Classics games)
>Improved physics engine with better handling of character movement
>Texture streaming in all games
>Much better modding support with customizable weapons and items, improved scripting (including better support for scripting networked games)
>Lots of other improvements, optimizations and fixes
>And last but not the least – we will now be able to more easily ship updated code towards all these titles more regularly!

Nice.

You goddamn right its nice

>Vulkan
>borderless windowed mode

>Vulkan

How much are they trying to optimize these games? At this rate they will be playable on anything

>VR

>Yes, Serious Sam 4 is still happening and our core team remains hard at work on this, while two much smaller VR teams will continue to grow and work on more VR projects.
I can't wait to find out what it'll be like, it's been 6 years and they've worked on it for all that time, so you know they'll try to surpass 3.

I just hope they paid attention to people's complaints and how Shadow Warrior 1-2 / NuDoom did things to carter old school shooters fans. I really want them to redeemn themselves of BFE

Never understood why people hate on BFE, it was much better than nuDoom and especially new Shadow Warriors

BFE was great once you got past the first few levels though.

I just hope Serious Sam 4 will get more competent modders. Most Sam mods are fucking garbage

>reloading in a Serious Sam
>Dogshit levels between the fun ones
>that witch bitch which stops your movement
>Helicopter enemy that totally sucks cock
>Horrendous first chapters
>Hitscanner enemies in open area

I agree, last segments were incredibly better, whole thing should have been like that.

I also wish great modders desu

It was good, just not as good as TSE

fucking based devs

Outside of Croteam, what other devs keep updating their old games? Running With Scissors is the only one I know

That's some seriously awesome shit they're doing there.

I'm gonna play the shit out of all of them...love those games!

Which Serious Sam game had the best final level?

'
Level;
Grand Cathedral > Guardian of Time > Great Pyramid > Mental Institution

Theme:
Mental Institution > Great Pyramid > Grand Cathedral > Guardian of Time

Discuss

TSE, Grand Cathedral was great and has best music. Guardian of Time in BFE had a better boss fight, though.

BFE has a great theme in the final battle desu

Don't knock it until you try it.
First Encounter in VR is the most fun I've had in a long time.

is this serious?

based croteam

Very.

>common workshop for cross-game mods support

So what, mods for BFE will work for HD TFE/TSE or?

Hopefully it will mean that some TSE mods will work for BFE.

That Spas 12 mod for TSE is fucking god tier and I would love having it in BFE, though chances are it won't because fucking reload.

I hope they do away with the new enemies from BFE and being back the color from TSE.

Yeah that's pretty much the single best mod I've seen. I don't think reloading would be a problem since there are already mods for that

Well, they already did a test porting of SS3 on a motherfucking android phone and this was when Vulkan wasn't even announced.

>VR players can co-op with regular players
seriously cool
they already supported vulkan with the talos principle so that was a given

VR actually works really well with Serious Sam.

They're fucking magicians with their engine.

Croteam are optimization autist, every time I've purchased a Croteam game I've never had any problem with optimization.

>First and Second encounter HD get split screen
I'm fucking diamonds.