>>Only 7 companions, 1 less than the first game
Less people you don't care about and never take along idling in your base, nice
>>Party size reduced to 5, so you can only have 4 of them with you at a time
Smaller encounter size for less micro
>>Vancian Casting taken out
Less rest spamming, nice
>>Romance shit added in
NOICE

Saving my pledge for the final push, only thing that really pisses me off is 7 companions.
lmao if you think Deadfire isn't going to shit all over PoE1.

so everyone will be using every companion besides Pallegina then

Pick four

The only valid complaint on that list is the romance shit. A party of 4-5 is more than enough for a tactically deep RPG. Vancian casting is not the only indicator of a spellcasting system being good or bad.

But the romance shit is fucking disgusting, I agree.

waifu
waifu
waifu
eder

Are any of them worth romancing?

I'm cool with everything except romance.

Nyah!

Maia Rua is cute. CUTE!

I didn't hate Pallegina in PoE1. You'd think crossbreeding nigger with bird would produce something interesting but her character is just so dull and unremarkable. Then again, so are most other companions, she's a perfectly viable offtank pick.

T-they're g-gonna a-announce a new companion stretch goal, r-right?

> romancing in modern crpg's shit shows

rofl m8, you ware born in the wrong time line

If they don't then I'm not gonna pledge shit.

Edér and Aloth are obvious picks, since I had them all the way through the first game.

That only leaves space for 2, which is lame. I'm thinking maybe Prince and Maia? Or maybe Xoti and Maia? Fuck.

I really wanted to like Pillars of eternity...but I couldn't. The lore to me was so meh I just didn't give a rats arse what was happening in the game.

Weirdo

I want to kill rpg codex

Why is everybody on this website so fucking triggered by romances ?
Do you think you look cool by saying you hate romances ?

Obsidian is trash

they know that Obsidian is trash

>Only 7 companions
You forgot to mention that Pallegina was a waste of everyone's time and has no redeeming qualities, so it's more like 6 companions
>Party Size reduced to 5
Pillars was a clusterfuck, if one less companion makes it easier to manage like they say then I'm cool with that. Should really be more down to an engine fix though
>Vancian casting taken out
Implemented poorly in the game and it works out better. Vancian casting only really works if the resting mechanic isn't so easy for abuse. Even PotD ensured 3 tents every area. Honestly, final fantasy was the only game to get it right earlier one since you only got to rest on the overworld and between hubs, it made it so you had to really prepare for a dungeon.
I think a better solution would be to expand the rest mechanic so that resources and management is needed to be effective
>Romance added in
It's probably going to feel relatively loveless given Sawyer's track record, so don't worry about that. They'll probably make it so you can only romance the furry for a laugh.

Didnt the first game make a profit? why the need to kickstart the sequel?

because Obsidian is a trashy company that would rather hire incompetent genderfluid gumisexuals with electric blue hair and problem glasses than competent cis shitlords

>why the need to kickstart the sequel?
Because they can. Give me one reason why the shouldn't have made a kickstarter campaign and added the funds from it to the funds they already had from the first game?

They don't need to kickstart the sequel, they already put their own money into the project. They're just trying to get extra funds via early pre-order to improve the game and as a way to market it. Same way Larian does with D:OS 1 and 2.

This

I might actually enjoy this one.

I doubt it though, both PoE and tyranny had absolute shit character progression/stat systems that forced you through hoops to optimize.

its really good pr, look up banner saga 2 many ppl didnt even knew it was out

Why can't they hire Avellone as an independent writer again and make him write 1-2 characters? Did they have a falling out or something?

The Dyrwood is a bit of a missed opportunity with the lore. It's somewhat dull to begin with, but with two recent wars and a theological cleansing there could have been more leftover battlefields, charred forests, hovels where believers flocked to only to have been burned out etc. Not to mention that soul juice empowers everything, there should have been more areas that were turning to wilted wastelands and places where magic-based characters weren't able to use their abilities effectively.

Deadfire gives a lot more room for personality at least, but I really hope they tone down the Engwithen presence. It makes a lot of sense for the Dyrwood, but any setting that homogenizes the region's ancient history is awful. Imagine if Elder Scrolls had Ayleid ruins everywhere and they were the only race that existed and had a cultural impact in each colony.

>Romance shit added in

So Sawyer lost? He's been pretty adamant about not having any romances in games that he works on.

>yfw the next stretch goal is for Avellone and Durance

Apparently Avellone has problems with the corporate people for some reason.

Most people like them or just don't care or were anti-romance because it was funny to see people beg. Personally I like the way they plan to implement them. No gheyshit though, if Aloth starts hitting on my dude I want the option to geld him.

More like the upper management forced him to cave in and implement this shit for the sake of attracting some Bioware fans and tumblrinas.

Reminder that problems with the shitty upper management is exactly why Avellone left as well.

because Avelone is a cis white guy and Nubsidian is basically Bioware 2.0

Cute.

CUTE

p.sure he said he just wants to do them right. someone post the screencap.

He's done with Obsidian forever.

what exactly does it mean?he hates Urquhart?

>Party size reduced to 5, so you can only have 4 of them with you at a time

You can almost see the size reduced to 4 in the next game.

>Smaller encounter size for less micro
Jesus christ... console players.

And Chris Parker, apparently.

Fuck off, the scene description text is great.

Avellone said that every year spent at Obsidian was a waste of his time. I wish he'd stop being a faggot though, he's got a rare talent and there's only one medium that can put up with how verbose he gets. Only 3 companies are spearheading RPGs that can afford him, it's a complete waste for him to not be utilized.
Dream team is Kirkbride on setting and Avellone on characterization and narration whilst Fenstermaker does dialogue.

I know baiting is the only way to start threads on Sup Forums, but come on now.

>>Only 7 companions, 1 less than the first game
Less companions means more effort put into them. PoE1 may as well have just 6, Sagani and Kana are just that bad.

>>Party size reduced to 5, so you can only have 4 of them with you at a time
Also good. Overblown huge parties work well when combat consists of buffing and auto-attacking things to death - PoE tries to move away from that, adding more micro in various forms.

Being able to use spells sure sounds nice.

It is not even romance, it is relationships (Both between you and your companions and between companions themselves), which CAN evolve into a romantic one

pointless wall of text

Your life is pointless.

He's right

Sounds like he's not against romance, he's just against cheap relationships. It'll be interesting to see how his standard of what a good relationship in a game would be if he decides to do any.

Also can anybody confirmed of Fenster wrote for Eder in this game or was it handed over to one of the Tyranny writers? In one of the recent emails it mentions how Eder has racism as one of his attributes, but there's only a single instance in the whole game where he makes a racial comment. I kind of worry the nuwriters are fixating on that one-off line and are going to try and force racist aspects as part of his personality now if they have the reigns on him.

Before anyone thinks it's an overreaction, bare in mind this was an aspect attributed to him on the same tier as loving animals, having a faith and hating zealots/authority.

Go read a book senpai

According to Fenstermaker, he's hopefully gonna do the same
youtube.com/watch?v=wzTICRgFe6k#t=2h07m10s

They're still not sure, but it's something both of them want to do.

People like you are the reason why we have no good WRPGs anymore.

From what ive heard Eders writer has already said he can come back as a freelancer to write for Eder and Sawyer says theyll bring him back if his schedule permits it.

dude walls of flavor text interjected with massive lore dumps lmao
> good wrpg's

She was my waifu since that happened.

Pellegina, Eder, Maia and me. I'll see how are others, can't decide for now. What I know, there is no place for Aloth in my party.

>Sup Forums complains about how Josh 'le balance man' Sawyer went out of his way to make every build equally viable
>Paladin is still the only class that can complete Solo PotD and go for The Ultimate achievement
?

Eder, Aloth, Pallegina and the radical furry pirate. Maia and the godlike aumaua belong in the trash, not sure about Xoti yet.

Pretty much, we'll see if he pulls it off. Hopefully he gets it right and doesn't end up having to backpedal like he did on his system design changes.

As far as im aware wizard can do it too, but their ballance is more concerned with normal and hard difficilty, not maximum difficilty sperging.

Depends on who Megan Starks is writing. I'm avoiding that character like the plague.

Eder (tank)
Furry pirate midget (ranged DPS)
Yellow shark waifu (ranged DPS)
Priest chick (healer)
Plus my own Cipher guy (crowd control)

Romance =/= relationships you fucks

Yeah im not sure where people are getting this romance nonsense. Its obsidian, they wont do romances unless you threaten to cut their pay if they dont.

Sup Forums is obsessed with romances, don't pay attention to it.

>Yeah im not sure where people are getting this romance nonsense.
Some people on Sup Forums have a real vendetta against Obsidian for some reason, so they take every opportunity to spread negativity.

>Some people on Sup Forums have a real vendetta against Obsidian for some reason
it's the autists from the codex

Eder
My three identical brothers, because we're quadruplets.

They confirmed at least some of the relationships can end in love, depending on the character. Why are you trying to fool yourselves?

1995 called, they want their outdated gameplay back

so? 1 or 2 romances isn't the same as full on bioware relationship xp bar where every character is bisexual and has a cutscene each

go fuck yourself

Bioware called, they're looking for a missing retard from their fanbase and I just found him.

Actually 2015 called to 1995 in order to borrow its pre-casualisation gameplay.

>Obsidian announce a relationship system
>friendship, hate and rivalry are in
>all user sees is romances
You have strange priorities desu.

>get the Tower perception bonus
>lasts for 3 rests, neat
>it is removed when you rest at an inn
Okay.
But why?

I don't just see romances, but I do see that romance is part of it. The people I quoted were denying that.

Also reminder that since Bioware went down the shitter, Obsidian is the only company proposing the possibility of a decent romance.

The Od Nua bonuses count as an inn bonus, and you can only have one inn bonus at a time.

They stack with regular camping bonuses though.

>they never said it would have romances!
>yes they did
>lol why do care so much?
You ok user?

I bet the balance man is behind this.
Oh well, guess I'll just take the free inn rooms to preserve the Towers bonus.

wait, vancian magic is out? sign me the fuck up then.

>Xoti
>Eothesian
>probably had a farm life too
She's fucking dead if she tries anything with Eder

It's mostly out, but not entirely.

Instead of having per-rest spells, you have all your spells at all times, but you only have a limited amount of "charges" per rest to make them more powerful. After you use all charges you can still cast your spells, but they'll be a bit weaker.

>playing a fem MC
>try to romance Eder
>Xoti steals your man

She worships gaun, another aspect of eothas, so they are likely to butt heads on occasion.

The setup is too good, she's there to string him along. I want to take Iselmyr into an ancient engwithan fuck toy.

Eder liked guan though, he's the farmboy version of eothas.

There better be another Skaen fountain in Deadfire.

Why? Like Gaun was all about farming and jsut the other half of Eothas' domain. Why would Eder dislike the farming aspect of his god when he was a farmer too.

Eothas represents rebirth and redemption while gaun represent the cycle of life and death.

Atleast this game has a unique pirate archipelago setting. The first one was so bland, derivative and boring.

That's fine, maybe now the casters might be something resembling balanced instead of shitting all over the other classes. I mean, it's fun to beat the majority of the game with the Grease spell, but it's not exactly demanding tactics.

I'd prefer a part of the ocean dedicated to Ondra offerings.
>Bound and gag a companion
>"I have an offering I wish to forget and replace with a new power"
>As they sink and slowly drown, the last thing they see is unspeakable horrors that lurk in the depths of the Deadfire's seas close in towards them
>You sail away feeling more buff

>iselmyr's voiced lines

To add to this sawyer has said eder doesn't like fanatics and given xoti carries a scythe and lantern she is probably more devout than most.

A sickle and lantern that is.

>Fye, yer itching for the kindling touch of yer sister, ye coxfither!

I actually like that it sounds bad, because it's appropriate that it sounds like a dude awkwardly imitating a chick with a weird accent.

I find the concept of multiple aspirations in one God interesting, because there's definitely a truth behind it rather than people just making shit up.
The Gods can't stick to one personality because they're Schizophrenic soulmasses that have transcended the madness a watcher experiences, so every thousand years or so a dominant soul decides to say "fuck it, we're also a God of vengeance now, invade your neighbors."

She is a priest so that's why she carries those things. If she ends up being fanatic about Eothas that might be cool mainly because that one of Gaun's things is taking revenge on those who wronged poor and weak people.
At the same time this makes her look like a more laid back person.