Freedom Planet 2 or Sonic Mania?

Which one do you think will do better?
Discuss.

Mania.
Though Freedom Planet 2 will likely be excellent as well, beyond that Original Character Do Not Steal Sonic friends wankery.

Mania

>Mania
dam you guys put a lot of faith in Sonic, why so?

Because of what we've seen and who's making it.
It's a genuine love letter to the 16-bit days by someone who knows the franchises history and why those games worked.
I look forward to both games, but Mania really is going to be something else.

Both are going to be fantastic in their own ways. Stop with this comparison shitposting because both of them play differently from each other.

let's hope so, i am actually sad they didn't add more characters like Blaze or something... oh well

>still THIS ignorant after more than six months

>comparison shitposting
user... since when asking questions is shitposting

nigga i don't have time to follow everything i want to, so i'm asking

Because your oh so "innocent" question provokes shit flinging from two fan bases of games that play radically different from each other.

All you had to do was watch the reveal trailer.

Calling dibs on dragonfu.

Mania, no doubt.

But aside from Taxman working on both of them I don't see why we're comparing them, FP plays nothing like a Sonic title. I'd compare it more to Sparkster.

Just a heads up about Freedom Planet 2, it's aiming for a 2018 release and also got a Steam Greenlight page, but that doesn't matter much now because they got Green-lit in less than four days.

>Because your oh so "innocent" question provokes shit flinging from two fan bases of games
i do not take responsibility for retards my friend

Between the two acts I got to play of Mania and the 4 character demo of Freedom Planet 2, Mania. But both will be great.

damn that long

Did it really take this long to just hammer out the basic physics now they need to actually do the art assets for levels and shit? What a shame

Anime knockers.

I want to fuck that panda

maybe they want to make something really nice user, that's why the time

Is that a panda, I thought it was a GEP GUN

Apparently so because from what it looks like is that they only have about 4 out of 24 stages complete, and even then Dragon Valley gonna get an overhaul later because Strife agrees with the relatively common complaint of it's level design being a bit bland. I mean they just recently started on working on the Phoenix Highway stage.

wew

THIS is a panda.

Fuck Mania

wew

Fuck you.

>franchise not tainted by massive autists like chris chan
>gameplay seems alright and modern

Mania isn't even in the same league, its a shitty romhack with the same dogshit gameplay from the 90's. If I was still into Sonic like games I know what I would buy.

So how do you guys like the FP2 demo? Version 1.0.4 and Mac version is out.

didn't try it yet, how is it?

>not tainted by massive autists
>game is literally just "Me and My friends' Sonic OC's go on an adventure"

Already better than the first one, which was already a great game.

They both look fantastic.
I'll probably like Mania more, but that's mainly for nostalgia reasons. I'm excited for FP2 though, as the first game was really fun and the music was incredible.

honestly, Sanic would win me over only if they put in Blaze, and they won't, so...

how can sanic even compete?

It's classic Sonic. Blaze and the other friends will be in that other Sonic game probably.

>other Sonic game
and it will probably be bad, why can't we have nice things

Even as a classicfag, I'd love to see official classic renditions of all the newer characters. One of the Mania devs used to work on a romhack called Megamix where Shadow was playable and his gameplay was fun as hell (bounce chains all day). If SEGA got them to make extra characters as DLC, I'd bite. Hopefully there's at least one secret character nestled in there from the get go though.

>that art

Wait a second, they changed the character designs so fucking much. They're only mildly furry now with mostly human anatomy. Hell, ditch the animal noses and they could pass for monster girls.

Milla looks really cute, I'd awoo her.

This is too much of a shitpost for me to handle.

It just depends on the artist. OP's is more anime styled, this is more sonic/cartoon styled.

In terms of both ratings and sales, Mania. Sonic still has a following despite his many downfalls, and on top of retro fans, hipsters are gonna lean more towards a game going back to its retro roots. I'm not knocking Freedom Planet though - the first one looked pretty cool (I haven't played it, but I've seen a speedrun of it) and honestly the sequel looks more of the same, which isn't a bad thing. It's just that Sonic definitely has a larger fanbase than FP.

FP2 based on the fact that FP1 is better than 95% of Sonic games

>do better
do you mean commercially? because that would be sonic obviously

Why do I love FP so much? I'm not even a furfag or sonic autist, but FP is fucking good.

FP1 was only partially a sonic game, it had real bosses and some Konami/RKA feel to it.

Because it's a good game. It did a lot of the things old Sonic game did right while adding to the formula.

The writing is fanfiction-tier atrocious but that's the only thing I can really hold against it.

Mania will beat FP2 on all fronts.

>FP2 based on the fact that FP1 is better than 95% of Sonic games
Yeah, better than 95% of them. The other 5% is the classic games, which Mania is following on from :^)

because it's a good game and graphics/art aren't everything you retarded child

Sonic 1 and 2 are garbage

the only good 2D Sonic game is Sonic 3 & Knuckles

wat

They play nothing alike though.

What even is this comparison.

How's the voice acting in FP2? The original was so bad I had to go through the game files and delete the dialogue
>DUDE I LOVE SUSHI

Freedom Planet's alright but I didn't like the level design that much in the first game.

Also it feels closer to Ristar than Sonic.

They're both made by Sonic fans. Taxman worked on the framework for FP2 in Unity while he made a unique engine which is used for all of his Sonic games

Technically it's a perfectly fair comparison, although it seems clear to me that people only actually make these threads to try undermining Sonic rather than because they're actually passionate about Freedom Planet.

This. Calling FP just a copy paste Sonic game is retarded, it pulls design inspiration from a lot of SNES/Genesis era games and does some of it's own things too.

I love the shitty story and dialogue of FP1. Genuine cringe has a strange appeal to me.

Well people say that because the game started life as a Sonic fan game.

The pixel art style also mimics the Sega Genesis's graphical style the most as well.

I know they are both made by sonic fans, but even lilac, someone who's literal sprite is based off a pink sonic, plays nothing like him. The other playable characters in the cast are vendors further departures. The closest gsme I can think of when it comes to platforming Is megaman x.

I am gonna enjoy mania.

But personally il like FP2 better.

Mania is just a love letter to nostalgic fans of the originals.
FP2 is a new and original game that only borrows some elements from many 16 bit games.

Iv played many sonic games but only 1 FP game.
And i prefer NEW IPs over rerelesses of old ones.

>Megaman X

I got a lot of those vibes too, especially with the final boss who might as well be Sigma.

It's called camp.

To be fair sonic elements are split among the characters.
Dragon has his running while Green Cat has his Spin ball state.

But at the same time you have Megemn X wall jumping Yoshis flutter Sparksters Dash and many other video game elements and 2 has many new ones that are not just homage ideas.

Breath Of The Wild and Horizon Zero Dawn play nothing alike except for having open worlds, but people constantly compare them. Undertale and Earthbound are nothing alike except for being RPGs, but people constantly compare them.

Sonic and Freedom Planet, though vastly different, do technically have far more in common than the above games, and have many shared fans, influences and even developers (again, the Taxman connection). Sup Forums comparison shitposters will compare anything, it doesn't surprise me that they'll constantly compare these.

Yeah but I don't remember any reason to use the spindash for damage over speed like it's purpose in the firSt freedom Planet.

At least with Earthbound and Undertale Toby can list that as one of three inspirations. The other two being melee and Chrono trigger/cross.

Also EB and Undertale are both theme driven games. With a lot of the said theming.

my only complaint is that doggo's shotgun cubes don't propel you that much except with the cube stacking bug, but they fixed that, right?

Wtf I'm not even a furry but I want to fuck all these girls.
What's wrong with me?

Freedom Planet 2
I've never been a big Sonic fan and like Freedom Planet's emphasis on combat

Well, despite Freedom Planet taking from a wider range of source material, Sonic was still its main influence. Plus, you know, it has furries, Sonic-esque slope physics (albeit not as exaggerated as the original Sonic's), loop-de-loops, and of course it was originally built on a MMF2 framework that is typically used to make Sonic fangames.

The gameplay is vastly different but to pretend there is no common ground and that they're nothing alike is just silly.

I've never even heard of Freedom Planet so Sonic will probably do a lot better

First game has sonic Proportions Characters of small body large head.

Second game is more along the lines of actual Megaman X heads are still somewhat large but characters now have visible bodies.

I want to rub carols belly.
Til she gets pissed of and bites and scratches my hand.

>tfw never ever have Carol go in tsundere fit at you for petting her
>tfw never ever roleplay torture scene with lilac
>tfw never ever eat Milla's delicious fat pussy until she awoos at you in unbridled passion and has her first orgasm

sometimes i dont know why i wake up in the morning

I get to have the excuse that water dragons aren't real creatures.

>People still think FP's design philosophy is anything like Sonic

The sequel is even further distanced

I didn't like the voice acting.

Is there a reason for the Chinese influence in the graphics and stuff or did the dev just think it looks cool

I haven't seen much of Freedom Planet 2, but I didn't really like the first game.

Give it to me straight, are there lewds?

Are you telling me neo ancient China isn't baller?

>will do
mania easily
>will be
now that's a harder question to answer

Even better. You can rub it and use it as a pillow.

I felt the first Freedom Planet tried a little too hard to be everything. It wasn't quite Sonic, Megaman, Rocket Knight, Gunstar Heroes, etc. The level design and Sonic 4 tier physics weren't that great for speed and the combat wasn't that fun outside of boss fights.

I also didn't like the characters, story or voices but at least you could skip that.

I feel Sonic Mania will at least scratch my itch for classic Sonic gameplay. If Freedom Planet 2 makes some drastic improvements though, I might pick it up cheap in a few years during a Steam sale.

>My 12 year old dog loli can't be this Thicc

it hurts user

FLOOFF

>It wasn't quite Sonic, Megaman, Rocket Knight, Gunstar Heroes
Doesn't have to be any of those things.

Marry Carol
Fuck Milla
Kill Lilac

So which Freedom Planet characters do you think have unrequited lesbian lust over the others and masturbate to them sleeping?

What was the deal will Milla exactly? Why did she live alone in the sewer and have the ability to make magic bricks? For all the shit story in that game it was pretty glazed over.

1 maybe but 2 is a legit great game.

Have you not played 2 recently?