Retro Compilation thread V.2

Last one was good, so let's continue.
I believe someone was making an image tier list?

Sonic Jam

Here is the list from the other thread.
>Top Tier:
Namco Museum (PS1)
Rare Replay
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Activision Anthology
Gradius Collection

>Great Tier:
Midway Arcade Treasures 1 and 2
Atari Anthology
Namco Museum Megamix
Namco Museum DS
Sega Genesis Collection (6th gen)
Sonic Mega Collection
Sega 3D Classics Collection
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Mega Man X Collection
Kirby's Dream Collection
Parodius Collection
Twinbee Collection

>Good Tier:
Intellivision Lives!
All of the other Namco Museum games
Sega Classics Collection
Sonic Gems Collection
SNK Arcade Classics 1
Super Mario All-Stars
Capcom Classics Collection
Metal Slug Collection

>Meh Tier:
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
Arcade's Greatest Hits (Atari, Williams, Midway)
Mega Man Legacy Collection

>Weak Tier:
Dreamcast Collection

SM All-Stars are remakes.

And how many of those are preferable to emulating the originals?

The ones in top tier, Namco Museum Megamix, and Atari Anthology. That's probably it.

Put Taito Legends for the PS2 in the Meh Tier

Okay.
What is the best way to make a visual tier list? Microsoft Paint?

Is the MM Legacy collection in meh tier for any other reason than it doesn't have 7, 8, 9 and 10?

Not really. I guess it could be moved to good tier.

Any reason to emulate over buying the sega master/genesis collection steam has on sale?

MS Paint never fails

Also & Bass

as a collection for the NES Mega Man games it's fine but there's really zero excuse to not have something the last compilation did more than ten years earlier (because MMAC had MM1-8 + extras). MM9 and 10 are trapped on PSN/XLBA/WiiWare so a rerelease of those, especially on PC, physical and a handheld would have been appreciated but no

Yeah I know that was the main issue people had with it.

I think the legacy collection is much more preferable than getting the individual NES games at this point when you look at the cost of obtaining the originals. I believe there may be some minor slowdowns in certain areas, but otherwise the experience is 1:1.

Same poster from I absolutely agree they need to bring all of those games to another collection. A legacy vol. 2 would be well appreciated. A new X collection would be nice as well if it included the GBC games.

Well, Paint isn't working for me (how the hell do people use this thing without a pointer tool).
Any other suggestions?

Just use paint.net. Or GIMP if you're feeling fancy.

Okay. Thanks for the suggestion. Paint.net is installing right now.

Bump while working.
(Why is it so hard for these things to let me pick up text boxes? Damn, I'm inexperienced.)

Painting programs aren't really good at handling text boxes. Put each text box on a separate layer if you want to move them individually easily later (just move the whole layer). If you want to re-edit text you're screwed so get right the first time.

>Namco Museum for PS1 on top tier

Pic related should be in Top Tier

Not a problem. Added to the image.

>top tier
Sega ages treasure box

>good tier
msx collection ultra pack (Saturn)

Bump. Working on good tier.

Almost done...

Good luck anyn

And here it is. It's rough, but it's a start.

And one more bump.
Anything suggestions for making the chart look better?

Don't save it with such high compression, you can see the artifacts around text. Also maybe use another background color. Something bright and 90's like yellow or something.

If you want to improve on it it'd be very helpful if you could list what games each collection has and what if anything is changed between it and the originals. Most people looking at it will probably be emulating, so it's a question between emulating the originals or emulating the compilation. If the compilation is 1:1 ports or games running on emulators, it's often better to just emulate the originals instead.

A table, then? That could work. Thanks for the advice.
By the way, what is the best way to tell if the games in the collections are ports or emulations?

Well if they have stuff not in the original (actual ingame changes, not just extraneous stuff like artwork galleries) then it's a given they're neither emulated nor 1:1 ports. Otherwise it can be hard to tell without picking apart the data on disc, but it's generally not worth noting unless it's glaringly obvious (button prompts from the original console, senseless stuff like having to insert coins on an arcade port, etc.).

Okay. I'll work on it and post it sometime (in another thread, likely).

>Sega Ages 2500 Vol 1-31
Honestly this is the best one you can get

Godspeed, user.