ITT: The best character in their respective titles

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oninzEKKFH0
youtube.com/watch?v=b8KEyJkK-BI
youtube.com/watch?v=0RwBuxRVJHs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

inb4 Solas

>start new Origins playthrough
>"this time I'll check out all these team members that I didn't use the last time"
>stick to Morrigan, Alistair and Leliana again

Help me.
It just feels like the canon version.

You can't paly with others because this is how you supposed to play, other characters don't have dialogues and plots while those characters have tons of them

>killed Wynne for no reason
>Stuffed Leliana in the closet again for the rest of the game
>Stick with Allistair/Loghain, Shale and Zevran for the rest of the game
>again

what the fuck Am I even doing

What do you do when Leliana is dead or gone after you piss in Andraste's ashes?

Trust me user, Zevran, Shale, and Sten are all top tier companions worth experiencing. Wynne is kind of boring and Oghren is a meme Bioware expected to be more popular by virtue of Steve Blum's voice alone (He's great in Awakening though.)

It's worth it to mix and match the party members. Most of Sten's moments are unrivaled in actually feeling well presented and emotional in a Bioware game.

This.

Sten is cool but he's barely relevant to any of the plot, so it feels like you're doing it wrong for using him.

Alistair is alright but the other two are shit characters.

Sten + Alistair best bois

youtube.com/watch?v=oninzEKKFH0

youtube.com/watch?v=b8KEyJkK-BI

They get a bit more screentime at the start but once you're in the main quest it's all about even.

Sten by far has the best and probably most character moments mid campaign
>Returning Asala to him
>Talking to Barkspawn about Asala
>"It's a dream, but it is a good dream" with his dead comrades in the fade
>"I am a very large man with a war dog, either I am besieging your fort or I am delivering it, hope for the latter."

They shove those 3 in your face at the start of the campaign but there's quality shit for the other companions if you use them. I can barely force myself to include the "main 3" anymore.

Oh shit I forgot
>Honor duel with The Warden if you take him to Haven for The Urn

>I dont know what I'm talking about

Did somebody cobble that first one together out of different dialogues? I dont remember the women fighting dialogue happening with Allistair at all.

Really well done if it was.

>Destroy the anvil
>Save the mages
>Defend redcliffe and save connor with lady isolde's sacrifice
>Broker peace between the Dalish and Werewolves
>Dont defile the urn
>Side with Avernus and make him do ethical research
>Every. Single. Time.
Someone should make a mod to incentivize the bad choices in Origins.

>Finally get around to using Sten in my latest playthrough
>Think he's just a contrarian edgelord with meme morality
>Talk to him a little more, take the more utilitarian routes in certain situations
>Discover he's actually very well written, with a genuinely unique morality and sensibilities
>Describes to me Par Vollen, a land where the smell of incense and tea hangs in the air as adherents to the Qun work and study, a scholarly and honorable people
>Finally gain his respect and return to him his sword, gaining further insight into the Qun and the land of Par Vollen.

>Tfw we could have had Somoan fantasy muslims in a nuanced and unique culture
>Bioware instead delivers LMAO TOTALITARIAN BULL MEN

>Defend redcliffe and save connor with lady isolde's sacrifice
you don't like her much, eh?

Want to know the worst part user? Sten is the new Arishok after 2.

We're inevitably going to see him acting like a generic tyrant despite everything that happened to make him question the Qun in Fereldan.

>sympathizing with the Qun

We don't take kindly to folks like you around here

>playing origins again
>think maybe I'll romance Leliana this time, she's got a cute accent
>end up fucking morrigan again
I CANT HELP IT I LOVE HER AND I DONT KNOW WHY

I do the mage tower second to last before the urn every time because the Temple of Sacred ashes was obviously made to be last and I like getting the permanent stat boosts near the end of the game so that it feels like my character is coming into their own+the game is too easy if you take them early. AND I typically go to Redcliffe first.

I can't justify putting that much time inbetween starting and ending Redcliffe's crisis and solving it just to go get the mages with nothing changing in Redcliffe Castle. It's too immersion breaking. And if someone has to die the whole situation IS Lady Isolde's fault, I'm not going to kill a kid because his mom insisted he be trained by literally the least competent mage in all of Fereldan.

>Not fucking Zevran
>The only romance who is with The Warden come Inquisition
Zev is best boy and a sorely underused romance.

Anyone else execute that little bitch Alistair and become king themselves?
Loghain is the best companion

>tfw you'll never be able to see the warden in another DA game
I understand he doesn't "speak" but let us play as him again. Silent protags are better anyways.

>no romance options
why?

I'm sorry but I can't get behind the idea of fucking the elf equivalent of a khajit.

> tfw Sten invited me to visit Par Vollen after a long time being a dick at me

Cailan did everything wrong.

>slicing Connor's throat while he's unconscious

felt pretty good, man

Is this game good?

I got to the point where I became a Grey Warden after drinking the blood and got bored.

Now that we have voiced companions its a bit of a "point of no return" sort of thing unfortunately. They would be fucking blasted by every gaming site and the masses would follow suit.

It's a damn fucking shame too. Voiced companions have two options really. Either they are basically their own character and it doesn't feel like your story like with Hawke. Or they are Milquetoast like the Inquisitor.

In hindsight I might start doing that because in Inquisition Connor hates himself and mages and understandably can't live with the guilt of genociding his father's town And also no matter what you did to the demon, one or the same one returns for Connor and he vaporizes himself in bad future Redcliffe.. And if you kill him apparently Isolde has a baby girl with Eamon who I believe also is a mage and Isolde doesn't cock it up this time.

I'm sympathetic to DA:O Qun. A warrior-scholar philosophy akin to several warrior codes throughout history with influences from eastern religions. It wasn't perfect, but it was at least interesting. Par Vollen sounded like a land rich with history and life, like Constantinople at it's height.

But what sold me was Sten. Once he was your bro, he wasn't some jack booted fascist like DA2 Qunari, he was willing to look beyond the Qun and discuss it with the Warden as an exercise in thought.

The biggest difference between DA:O Qunari and DA2/DAI Qunari is the gimmick. The DAO Qunari where Le Noble Savage Klingon race, but they actually had some interesting bits in their culture. And the fact that this tanned and toned elf with white hair was super exotic in Ferelden made the setting feel more real. Then in DA2 the Qun is whittled down to its worst aspects and the Qunari are made into unsublte Not!Draenei, and became less interesting because they became more gimmicky.

I'm fucking done with BioWare

It's pretty good yes. I'd say it's one of the last genuinely good rpgs made by western developers. If you're on pc I recommend installing some mods. Makes a lot of the npcs more pretty, and some combat mods don't hurt. The game is mainly good because of the choices and characters. It's also pretty difficult but very easy to cheese with healing and ultra tanks with shields. I started actually enjoying it after that moment and the following battle. The game opens up from there and you get to choose where ever to go.

I love how sterns are literally communism the race

>sterns
kek what? You mean the Quns?

Might boot it up again today and give it another chance.

I meant actually playing as the Warden again not having him as a npc or companion. I think it would work, it definitely improves the role playing aspect of the game. I just hated how they threw him away after Origins and all you get about him in Inquisition is a letter. Seems like nobody gave a shit about him with the exception of Morrigan and Alistair.

Honestly having an army of golems, werewolves and templars is pretty badass

user I totally agree. I'm just saying that Bioware would get blasted if they returned to a silent protag with the old dialogue options.

I love Reisen!

Qun is a religion not a race.

Just make the Warden lose his voice due to the blight corruption

Golems are the only force that's actually stronger than it's counterpart in game. Werewolves, somehow, are weaker than the dalish. And mages wreak havoc on the darkspawn in denerim and outside of fucking casters shit up Templars are just more foot soldiers,

It means they have to actually put work into all the varying options you have when talking to people in conversations instead of having 3 choices that all sound similar. Really wtf happened to them after Origins?

That's retarded user. The variety of dialogue options is why The Warden is the superior protagonist. The biggest reason for it IMO is you can pick the same choice for different reasons in DA:O, plus your own imagination can interpret the tone The Warden is speaking in for a lot of the Dialogues. They're simply a more malleable character.

>Play a nice but occasionally sarcastic Inquisitor
>Decide I'm going to make a hard decision like Exile the Wardens
>They become a fucking tyrant for a couple lines of dialogue out of nowhere.
Voice protags in an RPG about choice is fucking retarded.

>Teyrn "What blight? Gimme the throne" Loghain
>Best anything besides goofball

Shale is best companion and best girl

I don't know how you can just betray Alistair like that. There is literally no reason to save Loghain aside from appeasing to the daughter that doesn't give a shit if he dies a minute later.

>romancing

Barkspawn is the only romance-worthy companion anyways.

I miss this bastard.

Obvious Thane is obvious...or maybe Mordin

What's the "canon" order anyway? Redcliffe, Mages, Forest, Dwarves, Ashes?

I don't think you actually can be king. Just consort to the Queen like this guy.

If there was one thing I liked about this game it was the option to do a complete 180 on the spot morally

>Get to dwarven kingdom
>Side with harroment out of pre-existing knowledge Bhelens a shit
>Retrieve the crown/paragons favor
>"And who did they choose"
>"They said I decide"
>Behlen cries, for good reason.
>Harroments 100% sure he's about to be king
>"And who do you choose Warden?"
>"I choose Behlen"
>Crowd literally gasp

Nice argument.

>side with harroment out of pre-existing knowledge Bhelens a shit
But Harrowment gets assassinated literally 2 weeks into office and he destroys the traditions of the dwarves whilst also keeping them isolated. Bhelen may be a authoritarian but he actually helps the dwarves both socially and economically more. Why'd you end up choosing bhelen anyway though?

This had to be my 4th playthrough (though it was litterly years since my last time playing it) so my boredom resulted in the character becoming a literal wild-card because the game let me. I also corrupted the urn, had 4 way with the Bi's Married Loghain's daughter, executed Alistar, and NOT fucked Morrigan

Looking back it was pretty edgy B^)

>executed Alistair
You fucking monster.

>Seth meme
>best at anything

I chose Harrowmont playing as a Dwarven Noble just because Behlen got me exiled
I also left his corpse in the council hall for all to see

I actually completely forgot you can be a Dwarf in this game. Huh...

Wait,how do you forget something like that?

I've just never seen anyone play them and I've always picked human. Can Dwarves even romance?

Dwarves have the best sex scenes

For some reason Shale and Sten have really interesting lines between eachother

They actually flirt with each other. It's fucking wierd.
youtube.com/watch?v=0RwBuxRVJHs

>Playing a confused as fuck Dalish elf who is now the Herald
>Why do people keep asking me these things
>Make one choice and suddenly have all the charisma of a long lost messiah coming back to free the people

Just throws you the fuck out the game

I still love that people argue constantly about Loghain and his motivations.
Motherfucker was bang on right about everything though except the Darkspawn

forcing a choice between him and Hawke was actually tricky

Mass Effect 2 and a massive fanbase growing out of it really, why do niche when popular smut sells so much better

>Motherfucker was bang on right about everything

Orlais didn't take over Ferelden.

>siding with mage scum
>ever

What was Loghain right about? Honestly interested.

There's a note in the palace bascally detailing Cailan's plans with the Orlaisian Empress, it wasn't a takeover completely but it would have put them back into a major power in Ferelden.
It doesn't justify him locking out the Wardens but the guys seen what Orlais can do in that position and just isn't going to risk it

Trusting Orlesians

Thane was so goddamn wasted on ME2. And then he dies on a hospital bed somewhere.

>Jowy

Get this hothead out of here. He was an interesting character in a sense that he was you for the Highland, but there were far more interesting characters in Suikoden 2.

And then you pass a fucking speech check and he goes "wow i never thought about that holy shit i'm gonna change now"

well he didn't have much time left

I had the best team with buffer Morrigan/Sten/Zevran. Full dps, fuck moralfags.

It was kind of shitty how you could twist either way at the end of any quest though, your earlier choices didn't matter.

Having a golem squad is amazing. I always save the anvil BEFORE I get Shale so I don't have to hear her bitch about it

It does create a different atmosphere in the hall and I believe a different reaction from the receiver and loser when you make the big choice. Plus then your warden was playing one side like a fiddle for roleplaying purposes

You lose out on Shales character pretty much though. If you don't take her to cairidin she just stays a meme for the entire game

In ME2 you find out he's dying soon anyways and he's just trying to make the best out of what little time he had left.

In ME3 he sacrifices himself saving one of the councilors which gives you a giant war asset while dying the hero and getting to spend a final moment of peace with his son who forgave him.

If he was introduced in ME3 his character wouldn't have had any chance to develop due to reapers tentacle fucking everything

Shale's shit anyways. Allistar is a much better tank. I only collect her for the exp and completion

Is there any point for this character? How fucking boring does a character need to be? Why would I ever have her in my party?

At least they didn't charge money for the boring companion like in 2

>playing one side like a fiddle
Except you didn't know you'd get to choose until the very last quest, everything before then were attempts to sway the public opinion with no hint at you getting to just make a binary choice in the end.
Two timing the factions didn't even let you do anything special, just quests for both sides.

This is why I hate Orzimmar and the Deep Roads. Everything was just underwhelming. Did anyone else have a problem with your companions not talking at all throughout the Deep roads, or is it just so boring down there they have nothing to talk about. Also I noticed around the later half of the game your companions stop talking in conversations. Like when your talking to a npc and they join in, that stops happening.

What pissed me off with her character is that she was a valued member of my DAO team, and I saved the mages, always sided with her, and had her friendship maxed out.

Then in DAA she always goes a full 180 and is just a total bitch to me

>Shale is shit
>Alistair is good
Is there a more wrong opinion?

>Stance dancing from tank to DPS to ranged in the heat of the fight
>Better than Alistair with a boring specialization like Templar
I either use shale, the warden, or a respecced Sten or ogrhen to tank. Alistair is nice your first playthrough MAYBE.

I remember there's a certain choice in the game that makes her hate you. I forgot which one but it's a big choice. I can't stand her and I don't understand why anybody could like her.

I always pretended to be on Harrowmount's side because his questline gave you 2 blood-magic items but always picked the other in the end

Can we all admit the kokori wilds and werewolf/elf questline is the worst part of the game? Atleast the Fade has interesting dialogue with your companions and free level ups.

I thought she only hated you if you defiled the urn?

If you play arcane-mage she's one of the best members to have on your team as she can prime magic combos for you which allows you to rape both hordes and big bosses easily. Her healing is meh though

Nah Orzammar and the deep roads is the shittiest part by a long shot. Brecilian was mildly underwhelming but it has the best choices. The revenant fights are neat. And the mad hermit vs grand oak were a lot of fun.

I also did not see the tweest coming

I think that's the choice. Is her approval low? I think she dislikes you if you care more for yourself and romantic interest over being a Grey warden