Why aren't we hype?

Why aren't we hype?

Don't let the edgelords and shills fool you, plenty of us are hyped.

there aren't any decent exclusives. absolutely no reason to be hyped

we are, we all bought one and we all think its going to kill the PS4

I am hyped but the nintendorks are overhyping it and sonyniggers are hating it too much, there is no inbetween

THIS

Sup Forums is being their typical contrarian faggoty selves and shitting all over the Switch just to be "cool".

I got one pre-ordered along with Zelda and Binding of Isaac and I can't fucking wait to get it. Being able to play game during my downtime at work? Fucking awesome.

>multiple threads every day for people who preordered it
>multiple other threads every day about the system
>almost every launch window game gets a thread every day

How is this not hyped?

I need more niche/handheld/weeb games

Welcome to the Internet, where everything is either the best thing ever or the worst thing ever.

do you have a vita?

Where can I buy one new in box without cum stains?

I'm ambivalent. I ordered the console intending to play it and now I'm wondering if it's a mistake given a few factors.

>weak launch titles
I heard ARMS is good and Zelda will probably be great but that's pretty fucking thin... Splatoon will likely be great when it eventually comes out. Mario Kart...ehhh....

>no web browser
I don't give a fuck on this one, I have an iPad and two smartphones (and multiple laptops)

>control schema
Ambivalent about the joycons

>price of accessories
Fucking criminal price for the proper dock and pro controller.

At this point I'm holding on but I might look to sell it to someone at-cost locally ($300 + state sales tax I paid) because I'm not a scumbag scalper. I'll continue reading opinions and wait for my brother (who also ordered one) to open his first as he's a huge nintendo fan and he'll let me test it out.

I want to be hype. I got the cash, UKfag so no need to pre order. I just don't see the point. I have a Wii U and think that the switch would be a downgrade on launch. I feel nintendo has been lettings it's fans down far too much recently, for all the amazing IPs they have they produce one launch title? How does that even happen?

Because it doesnt have any games...

I've got a wii u so ill be able to play zelda, but beyond that theres nothing worth play on switch for months after launch.

So i just wont bother.

Yes I own the dead handheld. why?

Some of us are hyped, but part of me remembers the buzz surrounding the Wii U launch and we all know how that console turned out

Because Nintendo somehow managed to make a system worse than the Wii U. Casuals aren't interested in them anymore, kids aren't interested in them anymore and they keep alienating their core fanbase. A lot of fans got burnt with the Wii U, myself included. You can't trust them anymore.

welp...

>It won't be available due to nintendo not making enough
>resellers will make them 1000 dollars
>no games besides breath of the Day One DLC Season Pass
>graphics inferior to competitors...again.
>This is nintendos first step out of consoles before going full mobile in 7 years, making them effectively dead to me.

Also, there isn;t a stylus for this is there? so, Mario Maker will never be on it then? even shittier. BUT HEY! S K R Y M! A Game I already own on PC! Wonderful!

Man, i bought both the Wii U and the 3DS at their respective launches.

Im gonna wait for the inevitable price drop.

It costs $400 in my country (South Africa), BOTW costs $80. Thank god I run my own business and am very wealthy. I will be taking a week of on the 3rd of March. Never been this hype for a console/game.

ARMS is not a launch title.

I'll wait until it gets a good game.

>generic release date of "spring 2017"
That's even weaker then

hey, it has more games coming out for it than the switch.

>going back to an era of playing on a tiny ass screen where u can barely see shit
why would this excite anyone?

I think it's probably going to fail
And I honestly don't give 2 shits about handhelds, so it's a disappointingly underpowered console

Heh, what a faggot. Literally everyone hates this including me. IT will flop and all of us who were right will be laughing at you. You should listen to Sup Forums when we tell you something is bad

Also to note the vita has better and more games than any nintendo handheld and console within the few recent years. The Vita is the best handheld, and don't forget Nintenyearfags, Sony always wins

Literally everything that we know is a bad thing. There are 0 reasons to be excited for this except for new Zelda.

yes but I still want to play new zelda, ace attorney, layton

>the new Zelda has A Season Pass and Day One DLC

not even that now.

It's only launching with one worthwhile game zelda which isn't exclusive. I'm getting it on Wii U and waiting to see how the switch does

hyped for what
as a tv console its shit
might be the psp successor we deserved but didnt get with the vita

why do you consider something optional a con to the game itself

I'm hyped for the Shield 2.0. I got the first one with no games to play and i still loved it. This time Nvidia got zelda. Couldn't be more excited.

nep on switch would be hype

I'm hype for its potential in the long run, and for Super Mario Odyssey and the hope that it will eventually have a great library. But in the short term and for the launch? Zero hype, and zero reason to get it. I have no reason to buy a Switch until next year, Holiday 2017 when Odyssey comes out at earliest. The only Launch title that would be worth getting it for doesn't even count for me, since I already have a Wii U which I'll be playing BOTW on - so there is literally no reason for me to get a Switch until they build a decent library, and at the very least not until Mario Odyssey comes out.

Once again, Nintendrones find bad practices.
Sigh. One day people will prioritise the art of game making over the industry. But not today

>Why aren't we hype?

Two letters

Because I think Zelda games are shit and that's the only game it's getting.

nogaems and Nintendo falling in line with the shitty practices of Western companies because >lol they do it too

>we

Much like small dogs, it's cute but useless.

Because if I wanted the specs of the switch I'd spend $50 on an Xbox 360. If I wanted the games of the switch I'd buy a Wii u. If I wanted the portability of the switch I'd buy a 3DS. It offers nothing new in any way.

>switch teasting gamecube VC

what

>Breath of the Wild doesn't look fun
>Mario Odyssey looks like an Unreal engine demo
>ARMS won't have Lanky Kong OR Luffy as DLC and it looks pretty lackluster
>Very few games shown
>No backwards compatibility
>2 color options
>Paid online
Why would I be hyped?

>wuz

You can already play GC games on Wii U

Not officially.

I changed my mind on buying it because of the zelda DLC on release shit being the last straw.
Had a pre-order and was kind of hype too, though the paying for online bullshit did cool me down a bit.
I think I'm getting tired of consoles and their bullshit and I've got no idea why I tought nintendo was gonna play any different.
I'll stick to PC and try to encourage devs that aren't using practices I don't like or agree with in the future.

Other than Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey, I don't really give a fuck about the console.

I have a Wii U and hacked 3DS, so I have access to their entire library for free.

>mfw pirating BotW on Wii U + the DLC

>implying your opinion matters

kek

>100 threads a day of shitposting
>Constant polls show a good 70% or so of voters looking forward to it
>not hype
user. How long have you been on Sup Forums?

I'm in the same boat. I wish I could be excited, but I just can't be. Everything I've seen from Breath of the Wild has just been meh so far, imo. Splatoon, FE Warriors and Odyssey look fun, but they won't be out for awhile.