What's your favorite shooter these days?

What's your favorite shooter these days?

currently switching between replaying Doom 4 and TNT Evilution

It's been Doom for the past 20 years and it still is. I don't think that'll ever change.

Wolfenstein and doom desu

Quake and SWAT 3

Breivik.

Various Stalker mods

Doom, not the new one though it's a pile of shit

Seriously though, any Serious Sam besides 2 will do.

school

Currently Day of Infamy.

t. shit taste haver

I'm actually looking for a good shooter to play.

Played through Wolfenstein The New Order but it's pretty disappointing. Just a generic first person shooter, albeit a well made one. It's also far too easy, Uber is a fucking cakewalk.

Rainbow Six Siege.

I just wish it wasn't run by Ubisoft.

been playing a bit of escape from tarkov and boy is it luscious

It's good but the playerbase is rly tiny it's like 350-400 tops during a day

Titanfall 2®

Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm.
And I've been playing a lot of Call of Chernobyl lately.

I´ll say STALKER but Ive been playing Siege a lot

>Serious Sam 3
>worse than 2

The only complaint I have with Serious Sam 2 is it's just a weird fucking game. The gameplay is solid though.

My tovarishch

Who cares? The playerbase could have 32 people in it and you'd still have enough for a full server. Could be an issue if you're Australian though.

Still playing BC2+Vientam, BF3 & BF4 these days.

BC2 vehicle combat > BF3/4 vehicle combat
>BF3/4 infantry combat > BC2 infantry combat

Overwatch

>balancement all over the place menas it's solid

Rainbow six siege is kinda good.

UT4. I wish they'd stop making shit changes to it though.

play Doom 4 if you haven't already. I was very negative to it after TNO, but turned out to be damn solid. Not like the old ones, more like if Painkiller and Hard Reset had a baby. MP was shit though.

Overwatch really needs some new heroes and mods. After like 200 hours it gets too repetative.

>balance
>in a single-player/co-op game where all you do is take on hordes of enemies

Wut. Also I didn't notice any balance issues really. Some guns are better than others obviously but I played it with 3 other friends and we all used a variety of guns pretty much the whole time.

>I actually found wolfenstein the new order on death incarnate more difficult than d44m on ultra violence

what am I even doing in this genre

SS2 was the only SS game I never felt like replaying after completing it. I was more like "okay, I'm done, can I go now?"

I'd say that has more to do with the level design than the available characters.

>after 200 hours a game gets repetitive

>Blizzard
>WoW takes a year of fuck all to get a paid expansion
>Hearthstone gets half assed new cards
>Starcraft gets nothing at all
>Diablo 3 gets a new class after 3 years
Kek.

Overwatch
It's nice when you have friends who all have the same game, reminds me of the early Halo 3 days

Pic related.

ss2 is certainly creative and adds a lot of cool stuff but there is something off about the balance/encounters that makes it a little more tedious in singleplayer than the other games
It's still a hell of a lot of fun to co-op though

HANAMURA

What? There are tons of games that are not repetative after 200 hours.

Probably Insurgency, though I also really enjoy RO2 and KF1.

Call of duty infinite warfare not even memeing it's so much fucking fun.

Titanfall 2 is a blast IMO. It's a shame the player base on PC is so small because it's a really fun game. The campaign was pretty entertaining as well. I wonder why it doesn't get more love. It's better than the two most recent CODs and better than BF1.

Name one.

It got released at the same time as Battefield 1 and some other popular game. It also didn't get as much advertising. It really is a shame i love the game and i wish more people would play.

Insurgency.

It's just straight shooting, good tactics, tight controls and netcode. No shitty gun paintjobs and shit. Simple but effective.

If we're talking about shooters - Left 4 dead, KF 1, 2. Even damned cs 1.6 is still fun.

It's still only one map.

>insurgency
my nigga

Verdun :D

Halo 5

Not him but Hanamura and Anubis both suck massive dick.
Volskaya would be on that list too, but at least that has a flank which some characters can use instead of just one massive fucking choke

I got Eternal Crusade from Humble Bundle and I'm actually having a blast. It's not a great game by any means, but joinin' the WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH and gettin' stuck in with the boyz is a proppa good time.

and the workshop mods are the goat too, so if you're into shiny paint jobs and different guns you can get that too

VOLCYKAYA INDUSTRIES

half-life still has god tier mods.

I'm surprised Sup Forums didn't jump on the bandwagon in regards to Titanfall 2. It's a fast paced, balanced (IMO), competitive shooter with good mechanics and more strategy required than most modern FPS, and the devs aren't jewing with season passes and map packs.

>insurgency

It's a casual as fuck console FPS where 2-3 bodyshots is a kill.

It also has a tickrate of 20 and shitty hit detection

Shotguns are probably the only shit things in the game. They're newbie bait.

Free dlc is what i like the most about this game.

Why should anyone spend money on a game with blatantly broken things which would take little effort to fix?

I would say Arma 3 if it wasn't the most glitchiest, buggiest, unoptimized piece of shit ever made.

The last good shooter I played was Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare.

feels like a step down from TF1. the super fast time to kill sours the gameplay when a few SMG spray shots are enough to down someone at mid range

I don't trust anything EA has its filthy claws in but the devs seem genuinely good.

It used to be this.

There's not any good shooters now. Overwatch is the best of those available and it's depressingly bad.

You either pick Overwatch, which at least has a high TTK and a lot of players, or CS, which has a super-casual TTK and zero movement

HL2 with SMOD recently

>mfw drop kicking a combine

I'm still playing Black Ops on my PS3, would rather play MW2, but god it has so many hackers, while BLOPS is pretty free from hackers

forgot image

If it was like the E3 trailer then would be my fav game.

I play it almost every day ironically.

It's a disgrace to the Tom Clancy name t b h.

I grew up with Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six.. hard to watch the casualisation of my favourite series.

The vehicle combat was good because the infantry combat was shit.

Don't kid yourself. By making infantry walking Anti-everything, vehicles became pointless

>people still don't know about Rainbow Six Siege
I just hit 1000 hours.

I don't know about all this.

I simply didn't like TF2 because the gunplay felt like CoD. No kick or satisfaction like in battlefield or even d44m.

must be why vehicle whores still go 70-0 every match

Rainbow 6 Siege was originally a lot cooler, with the whole map being destructible. That, and lots of other things, was removed by the ''''''esports'''' scene deeming them unfair. Now it's just a few walls that are destructible.

R6 siege is also casual as fuck. What is it about casuals and games with super low TTK? I guess in games with high TTK, where people have time to turn around and fight you, a casual can't get his 1-kill-per-match quota on some distracted good player, so he feels unsatisfied.d

>people play memewatch instead of this masterpiece
>the devs abandoned in favor of fucking Smite, a shitty normie moba
God, I fucking hate this world so much.

Tit an' fall, too

The devs didn't just abandon it, they salted the earth as they left. Hitscan weapons were buffed tremendously, there are now tons of automatic hitscan weapons (the original game only had hitscan snipers, everything else was projectile)

The game plays like COD with skiing now, with 200 ping BRs skating around the map ironsights-ing each other to death. No projectiles in sight.

I honestly have no idea why they are the way they are. They're shit, so nobody uses them, which means there's little incentive to improve them.

The Day of Infamy Ithaca is a fair bit better.

>just came out with a second season pass
No thanks.

>baww I didn't take good enough care over my flabk and got killed as a result. But I'm totally the better player I swear!

the sad thing is that their latest game is a cheap Overwatch knockoff and is ten times more popular than Tribes.

>CoD inside a house is a good game
>wasted 1000 hours playing garbage with destructible envirnoment
Congrats, you meme'd yourself

I'm just waiting for Lawbreakers my man. Played some Vanguard during the summer closed beta and it was the most fun I've had in a shooter since Tribes Ascend.
Too bad it's a game that will trigger Sup Forumstards and get shat on because of muh diversity

I literally don't know what you're trying to say. Are you a frustrated South American having trouble expressing yourself?

Isn't Lawbreakers that Nexon game? No thanks.

Quake Champions is the only upcoming FPS with any promise. Sadly, it's not on Idtech, but some Russian engine called 'saber', so I doubt it will feel good.

Does anyone have even a sliver of hope for this?

It's more of a CliffyB game than a Nexon game.

Nexon is putting their fingers in the game. It will be pay-2-win and developmentally neglected no matter who else is on board.

Fine, I'll explain it i terms you can understand.

Siege is about tactics. Things like finding a good position to stay in cover from or staying aware of lines of sight when you are on the attack/roam.
Your complaint about low TTK being a sign of a game being "casual" reveals a lot more about how you think you should be forgiven for failing to adequately manage your situational awareness in a game where situational awareness is key.

Basically you are just as casual.

Well that is because no one has body armor

I am probably the best FPS player on Sup Forums so this is funny to me

We'll see, I hope not, only time can tell.
But the gameplay and combat are fucking top notch though.

Not him, but
>Fine, I'll explain it i terms you can understand
So, English?

Warsaw. It used to be quake 3 but I Warsaw overtook it a couple of years ago.

Doesn't this account for 99% of competetive online shooters?

i can only stand BF2 and Bad Company 2 from that series. They're the only games where I knew it was my fault when I died; BF3 - BF1 just felt very cheesy and unfun in comparison.

I love Destiny and I have never expected how good it is. Shooting is fun, expansions are great. Definitely recommending this.