Why does Sup Forums like a game that's even more casual than Skyrim?

Why does Sup Forums like a game that's even more casual than Skyrim?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kCWhGQ5-RkI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Every of it can be turned off. It's for incompetent retards who aren't able to think, if a company wants to be succesful it has to appeal to retards and millenials, because they are significant part as segments of the market. This has been said repeatedly and there isn't much of a reason to consistantly make threads about it.

Beyond this Gothic series are one of my favourite.

because Sup Forumseddit

I'm yet to play a game that isn't casual and wasn't made before 2000, so when we ignore that flaw that is common to literally every game, game has everything else done very well and better than any other RPG ever made, except only one RPG has better combat.

Yeah let's ignore the actual 99% of shitty Gothic quests and compare to 5% of witcher's shitty quests.

>5%
You can turn off the minimap and points of interest and all sorts of shit but you can't turn off the eagle vision

There's not a single Witcher quest that doesn't hold you by the hand and encourages exploration the way Gothic quests do.

> 99% of shitty Gothic quests

name one shitty quest from Gothic

>turn off all of that
>"GO TO THAT NPC IN NOVIGRAD"
>???

It gave me headaches because I spent about 95% of the time looking at the minimap

>lol jus turn off the minimap ;)

Witcher 3's quests are designed around wallhack vision and quest marks. Consolized trash. Witcher 1 remains the best Witcher.

Don't use it.
>Problem solved

In a game as massive as Witcher ,3 the way it handles maps and quests is necessary due to the size of the game. It has nothing to do with "casuals". Not one of you would want to search the entirety of a map just to find some herbs you need to make a potion. The game would take literal years to complete.

Aside from that the game doesn't just give you everything off the bat. You still have to make your way around the map to even find the quests to begin with.

You're forced to use it to activate stuff required to finish the quests

> Not one of you would want to search the entirety of a map just to find some herbs you need to make a potion.
You're a casual but don't speak for others. I totally would.

>Don't use it.
>Problem solved

And then you won't be able to finish any quests because the game doesnt give you directions retard

Witcher 3 could have easily used dialog that explained where you need to go in depth and had more waypoints, but they decided to appeal to console casuals.

Because unlike Toddrim, some effort, polish, love and attention to detail went into TW3.

>cdprojekt ripped off detective mode and bamham combat
>magic is basically batman's gatgets

hmm

>You're a casual but don't speak for others. I totally would.

Just because you like shitty casual timesink bullshit doesn't mean the rest of us do. Please, go back to the No Man's Sky subreddit.

Yes, the exact lack of detail in quests and landmark-less open world maps is the exact kind of detail I'm looking for

>timesink bullshit

actually exploring the environment on your instead of constantly looking at the minimap isn't timesink bullshit you faggot

:)

Witcher Vision has been a thing since the second game, which came out years before bamham.

The magic has always been positioned as a secondary tool since the beginning of the series, and this is in keeping in line with the books. Witchers aren't mages, they just use some basic-ass spells to help with monsters.

but it's okay because the game has romances and looks pretty

good quest design, actual RPG elements, good combat, well designed world with non padded shit? doesn't matter!

>Easily
Not really but that would a cool experience.
I find the Witcher series is much more story driven anyway. Its all about world building but focuses more on the characters and the politics and the wars. Its just not that kind of game.

Except almost every quest in W3 is structured around your witcher GPS and cheat vision.
There's a few quests (in the tutorial aka White Orchard) that have proper directions explained to you, but those mostly were made so they can say "look how good we are, giving you detailed informations so you won't have to rely on the quest markers". Apart from White Orchard I can right now only recall one quest were you got some proper directions.
Playing the game without the UI stuff is just incredibly frustrating as you literally have to run into most stuff per chance. Quests in games like Gothic were structured differently and it worked because the world in those games simply isn't as huge as in W3.

>good quest design
HAHAHAHA
>actual RPG elements
the only good RPG elements were the choices, because character development is trash, you add shit like +0.5% in crit chance.
>good combat
implying bamham combat is good

Still, they could change gameplay to not be almost exactly like bamham

reading comprehension dude, I was agreeing with you

Then I'd have had to keep checking the main map

Agreed user

People kept posting about how much bigger the game was than Skyrim, but there's fuck all to do in most of it

Eagle vision existed before Witcher 2 did retard

And bamham combat copied Assassin's Creed combat with minor changes

>find some sword that was lost somewhere near a cliff
>kill that ork dude that's somewhere in the mine dale
Gothic did have some shitty quets. But in case of G2 those were mostly sidequests you got in chapter 4. The sidequests in prior chapters were pretty gud.

He's agreeing with you. Are you shitposting retards really so spastic you can't even keep up who's with who?

We're not talking about whether it copied Ass Creed, we're talking about whether it copied Bamham.

Are you really that slow?

Are you? Show me where anybody in this thread mentioned Assassin's Creed.

There are a few, though, but mostly concentrated around Velen.
For example, you can find the Tree Spirits cave solely by exploration and then fight it/do it's quest for it before the Cones tell you to. If you help the Tree Spirit then it's freed, the children are saved, yet the Barons wife doesn't get turned into Gollum and the Baron doesn't hang himself.

In addition to that, if you try to do the giants quest in Skellige you can easily break the whole quest and get stuck, because this one really doesn't like you going around exploring the island. You pretty have to run from one quest pointer to the next if you don't want to risk breaking the quest.

2 weeks ago I made a thread highlighting the fact that Sup Forums was turning on The Witcher 3 due to its increased popularity and here we now have this thread.

It feels good to be right.

>2 years later
>still daily shitposting threads
Is there any doubt at this point that The Witcher 3 is game of the generation?

How fucking new are you

It was always popular though. It has hardly increased

Sup Forums turned against the Witcher way before two weeks ago.

You can't discuss the game at all here.

>2 years later
>still daily shitposting threads
Is there any doubt at this point that Bloodborne is the game of the generation?

I didn't, that's why I modded it like crazy.

>disable minimap and skyrim markers
>hide hud out of combat
>custom fov and camera positioning
>balance combat(added stamina usage and penalties for evasion spam, increased dmg while decreasing health, and making enemies more aggressive)
>added dynamic enemy scaling so I'm not penalized for finding treasure only to have it guarded by a lvl 40 shitty little nekker that one shots me(can also do old grey quests that still offer challenge and xp)
>fixed herbalism akin to witcher 1 so I have to prepare for harder battles and oil up beforehand(don't magically regen all my health and potions while resting)
>more rewarding loot and trophies(every contract beast doesn't end with a 50% gold bonus and now contract beasts and their difficult encounters actually feel rewarding)
>fixed the orange and blue filter as well as the super dark shadows
>dynamic weather(rain snow fog)

It's not perfect but it's much better than vanilla

>years later and sonyggers STILL assblasted tw3 is better than stillborne
i laugh every time

Definitely no doubt. Its a masterpiece made even better with amazing expansions. Don't listen to the contrarians, if you like RPGs, you'll like Witcher 3. Avoid the first, it's aged terribly and might put you off playing the others.

True, true.

It still amazes me how people think this is the greatest RPG ever let alone best game ever. The world is uninspired, generic and devoid of any creative thought. The combat is literally as bad as skyrim. And the Questa are 99% fetch quests.

First ones the best.

>best story
>best girl
>best maps
>kalkstein and thaler
>actual emphasis on being a witcher and doing witcher things

oh ya and it had my boy fucking siegfried

>added dynamic enemy scaling
You are the casuals user.

>dying to a nekker EVER
LMAO

>enemies weaker than you scale up to your level
>le casul xddd
??????

Go away, newfag

>dialogue and writing is pretty much ctrl+c/ctrl+v from the books
>First ones the best.

lol

>yfw someone in 3 tells you Kalkstein was executed
>RADOVID SUCKS FLACCID COCK

>he never experienced oblivion with difficulty scaler all the way up

it's harder than any contra or dark souls game I've ever played. I've got it modded so pretty much I get 2 shot by any giant/boss, 3 shot by any cockatric or wyvern, etc it's really engaging having to pay attention and tryhard every encounter

>lvl 40 wolf one shots a well trained witcher with over 100 years in experience

LMAO

>this whole post
here's your (You)

Pic not related? Witcher 3 isn't more casual than Skyrim and Sup Forums doesn't like it, so you're 0 for 2.

Not really true.
However, W3 coming out literally destroyed every possibility to discuss W1 on here, because W3 kiddies will swarm the thread like flies and shitpost to no end.

Now factor in that Witcher 3 is open world, and you will know why the fuck they put markers in the first place.

>They're asking _10_ (ten) bucks for the privilege to watch a fucking youtube video of their game music concert: youtube.com/watch?v=kCWhGQ5-RkI

>C-C-CDPR are the good guys..!!! They a-a-aren't greedy jews like the rest! b-bb-based CDPR!!!!

Oh I'm laffin.

Geralt isn't over hundred. And he got oneshot by some retarded peasant with a pitchfork.
Yes, you are a fucking casual.

And the irony in your post is just gold. You modded it so you have less health, yet you whine about getting one shot? You modded it so you have to properly prepare for fights, yet you trivialize all the fights by using enemy scaling?

If they would've uploaded it anywhere else no one would complain. There are almost no free professional recordings of life performances. You are a fucking idiot.

So how is this different from selling a dvd or blu ray of the concert? It's on video on demand so it should be free? Companies aren't charities user.

t. cdprdrone

>Doesn't have a counter argument
Better respond with memes!

What are you even talking about? The vanilla game gets you one shot vs higher lvl mobs due to their scaling. I didn't trivialize fights, exactly the opposite. I can sit there and take 5-10 hits from cyclops and trolls unmodded; it's fucking ludicrious and that's on fucking death march. Enemy scaling while increasing difficulty makes the combat system much better. I shouldn't be able to take 30 hits from a werewolf when I'm nearing the end of the game just because his quest was intended for an earlier zone. It breaks witcher lore and is fucking flat out retarded.

geralt is around 100 in game lore, and was up against a mob when he died.

Sup Forums is full of slavs

Why do you think broken garbage like STALKER or Pathologic is shilled so often?

I'm not saying it started 2 weeks ago just that I created that thread 2 weeks ago. I've noticed the turning on TW3 over the course of the past few months. There had always been the odd shit poster but the general opinion was that it was top tier.

More recently though, as its started to gain cult like status, Sup Forums has been turning on it and the shit posting threads have been supported and encouraged by others.

Will you fuck off dumbass, you're not smart

because it has hot girls that you can fuck besides Ciri

Wow what a shock. A two year old game that is beloved is now (and has been for a long long time) is hated by the community that hates everything popular for the sake of seeming superior.

You must be some sort of genius user. I mean... only you saw it coming this whole time? You started this whole trend yourself? Wow.

Because even though it's casual it's fun, unlike skyrim