Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VfFAF_oQB5Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not as bad as 0.

History of Code Vereonica
2001-2007: best RE game
2007-2012: garbage
2012-2016: average

Stop the fucking meme. This game was always seen as the best RE.

0 exists so it's not the worst classic
Maybe he only hates Steve, and the magnum and fire extinguisher, and Matrix Wesker

I just don't know if i should play it or not. I've already played 1-4

It's dogshit, but at least it gave me a laugh

youtube.com/watch?v=VfFAF_oQB5Y

I'd say it's the best Resident Evil game of all time.

>Fully rendered 3d graphics
>Fixed camera angles for that OG resident evil feel
>Can view environment in FP while aiming with the rifles
>Prototype Resident Evil gameplay

They could've stuck to this formula for every RE game, and the series would be in a much better position than it is in now.

Fucking Steve is shit, game is pretty good.

i wouldn't mind it, but i think i would be in the minority. a lot of people have complained that the classic gameplay was stale. this style is why i play re.

it's really rough around the edges and weird but i love it all the more despite it. zero is also rough around the edges and weird but it sucks because of it

i'm more confused at this new '0 is bad' meme
it's literally the only good old resident evil

the light gun games on the wii are the best resident evil games

Final Fantasy went away from Turn Based, and I completely jumped ship.

If it's a defining feature of the series, why change it because you're not like The Witcher, or not like Call of Duty?

The best selling Final Fantasy game was X, which was the last game in the series to feature the core gameplay mechanics.

Its more classic RE. Except the characters this time are breaking into prison to fight zombies, navigate through another mansion, fight another tyrant on a plane, and go to Antarctica.

I also remembered there being a cross dressing antagonist or something and somehow Wesker survived but now had super powers and red eyes. I cringed halfway through the game and that cut scene at the end.

i dont think this series is really for you t b h

idk they made 7 exactly for me lol
capcom doesn't care bout u

No it's a good game, but only Revelations, 5 and 6 are worse.

Code Veronica was very stale to me, Remake revitalized the old style. It's still a good game though, just not great.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5 isn't worse

5 is the second worst game in the main series.

5 is ok, and has decent gameplay but the story is pretty bad and they ruined Wesker's character, and it's not scary whatsoever. Great ost though, and still a better game than 6.

0 has objectively shittier enemy design than the previous games. The movement also feels somehow much clunkier than REmake even though they're practically the same. 0 is still fun but it has a lot of problems

5 would be 100x better if it didn't force AI co-op if you're just trying to play solo.

at least you ain't playing X

Zero is the scariest game to me.

did i time travel

It is a true sequel to RE2. If it had ben simply called "Resident Evil 3" as it was intended to be, and had not been first released on a doomed console, it would have been remembered more fondly i feel.

I finished RE2 first and then moved right onto CVx on the PS2. I sure got muh Claire fill.

That's fair, I think REmake is by far the scariest personally but RE0 is up there.

Some fans hate it, but I personally liked it. The only problem I have with CV, is the fact that Alexia was introduced way too late imo. Alfred's presence should've been short-lived.

It's worth a playthrough at least. It's just that I know I'd skip it if I was doing a series replay (1-3, 0, RE, 4)

Wrong. They change it because non-autists don't like to play the same exact game over and over again, and the developers end up just tacking on unfitting shit to the same old game. When they change it the issue is that they don't have solid new idea like what made the series popular in the first place.

It's my favourite one

How?

>sales go down after genre change
Yeah, sounds like it's working well.

Cutscenes are so bad they're good and I like the setting
Also Claire

Its a good game with a good story.

Just make sure you take the fire extingwasher with you before you get on the plane and leave a weapon or 2 behind.

Which one's the best version to emulate?

CVX runs perfectly in Dolphin

Not at all. As far as the fixed camera angle games go, it was one of the hardest (and for good reason, not bullshit reasons like why 0 was hard), it has the best puzzles, and even if you don't like those little QTE-like segments where you look down the scope during a boss fight, that was still a fresh idea at the time that gave the game more of a cinematic feel to it.

Yeah, the backgrounds weren't pre-rendered so it looked a little goofy, enemy designs were a bit goofy, and it's where the story started going into bizarre territory with Wesker hopping around like a frog and shit, but it was still really good. Also, pretty damn long. I think it took me the longest to beat CV than any other fixed camera angle RE.

A lot of people hate it. It's one of my favorite games because nostalgia, since it's the first RE I finished.

Probably Code Veronica X for the PS2;