Will people start loving Skyward Sword in a month?

Will people start loving Skyward Sword in a month?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spider's_Thread
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its already starting

No

no, the zelda cycle is just bullshit retards believe in, when in reality it's simply the case that the zelda series has enough variety that people's personal opinions on what makes it good differ wildly - the loud minority that preferred X over Y is noted as confirmation bias for the 'zelda cycle' bullshit theory.

I recently started replaying it, and it's even worse than I remember. There's so many meaningless tasks it makes you do before it feels like you get to the actual gameplay.

>the zelda series has enough variety

Give it four.

That's how Twilight Princess is. It takes hours upon hours to even get to the first proper dungeon.

People can love parts of it, that's what Skyward Sword is.

The good parts are incredible.

The bad parts are utterly horrible and/or filler, though.

The bad out-weight's the good, sadly.

It's characters and story are good. But its controls, dungeons, fetch quests, and all around gameplay are terrible and will always be terrible.

no. I played it again recently and it's still bad.

fuck off dragonball avatarfag, I told you last time to use a trip so I can filter your shit already

Probably. The number of people saying that they actually liked it has been growing bigger and bigger as BotW approaches release. I still think it's an awful game though.

>when in reality it's simply the case that the zelda series has enough variety that people's personal opinions on what makes it good differ wildly
Not even. It's actually a case of each Zelda game being worse than the one that preceded it, making people look more fondly on that particular game by comparison.

I've always loved it.

>start

Who /Chuggaconroy/ here?
>watching his Skyward Sword LP but the game still looks awful

Now that's just silly

>It's actually a case of each Zelda game being worse than the one that preceded it
I guess I can somewhat agree, at least when it comes to 3D Zeldas - I do feel they've gradually taken 3D Zeldas the wrong direction, but I wouldn't consider any of them outright bad games personally. It just feels to me that they were stupid to design them in an increasingly more linear fashion, it's a big shame Wind Waker had so much cut content as it could've saved the series far earlier on as a kind of precursor to BotW. However, people still have conflicting opinions over whether WW is better than TP or MM better than OoT, etc.

Yeah. He's got powerful autism for making in-depth videos but even his autistic love for all things Nintendo can't make this game look good.

I liked it back when I first played it so I don't have to start to.

Retards might, there are people that like wind waker and skyward sword is the same as it.

Every new Zelda game is the worst Zelda game ever made. The preceding game then goes from being the worst game in the series to a classic.

I still need to play this.
Shits still expensive though, even on the second hand market.
I though a less popular Zelda game like that would be cheaper by now.

its hard to imagine any zelda game could be worse than skyward sword and twilight princess. but if anyone can achieve the impossible, it would be nintendo.

I'm still waiting for people to start loving Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks so I don't have to be alone

Nothing about SS is honestly good
>Linear paths in the overworld
>Sky area has basically nothing in them
>Outside the ship dungeon all of them are forgettable
>Fi was the worse thing to ever happen to video games
>Motion controls didn't work as it should
TP has a ton of issues too but I enjoyed that game over SS.

The hate for Skyward Sword is coming from retards who never played it.

The hate will move on to BOTW and allow us SS fans to talk about how great the game is in peace.

>Everyone tries to pretend that the game is bad but never explain why

It's still bad, but the cycle is already starting.

Igns perfectly fuckin right. Sup Forums is the only place online which hates this game.

>Outside the ship dungeon all of them are forgettable

Ancient Cistern is great.

Alright yes that too but mostly because of that boss fight more than dungeon layout.

But Skyward Sword was fantastic !!!

>tfw explain over and over through the years why it's bad, sometimes even with walls of text and praising some aspects of it, but SSfags can only say: "w-well... t-that's just your opinion, I h-had fun with it"

You're forgetting
>Every other enemy is some fuck with a shield with a large section cut out so you need to slash at an angle.

And of course

>Yes, I know you already did an annoying filler quest to prove yourself as a hero to me. But you have to prove yourself again, do it underwater.

No.
Skyward Sword, despite being shit, always had vocal fans. You noticing them is probably the result of people pointing them out, forcing the zelda cycle meme.

no

>horrible fighting system thanks to slight wiimote delay
>disjointed world consisting of a forest, fire and desert level
>have to play through each area 3 times with only slight changes
>linear, nothing to explore
>2 fire dungeons (why?)
>boss fights repeated up to 4 or so times
>skyloft is just a bunch of boring flying islands with nothing of interest on them
>bird controls suck
>new upgrade system neat in theory, sucks in reality
>new limited inventory system sucks in theory, sucks in reality
>no new and interesting weapons/gadgets (the beetle is just a remote controlled boomerang)
>Fi is worst sidekick yet (and that's saying something)
>Graphics suck (style is neat in theory but just a blurred mess in the game)

>remember those Twilight bug quests from TP? We brought them back!
>wait, what do you mean everyone hated that?

Also
>Hey you know that awful boss fight that wasn't fun at all?
>WELL DO IT AGAIN TWICE!
As for the enemies it gets even more annoying when they have electric clubs. Since they love to move them in such a random pattern that you shouldn't even try to use your sword. Which kind of takes away a main part of the game.

>Linear paths in the overworld

The world felt much more condensed than TP or WW. There was a lot more to do inside of it. The actual mechanics of SS were top notch.

>Sky area had nothing in it

Not really. Lots of minigames and treasure to find.

>Dungeons are forgettable!

Ha ha ha ha. You never played it. That game has top notch dungeon design.

>Fi

Not important.

>Motion controls don't work

Untrue.

I always loved Skyward Sword. It's my favorite Zelda and one of my favorite games of all time. Objectively I know it has some flaws, but I love the graphics, the swordplay and the general feel of it. Also Ghirahim is an abosolute madman.

The biggest objective issue is that it takes forever to get going.

They're good games, but love is a very stong word.

>there was alot to do in the empty sky containing nothing

I kinda liked Skyward sword. I mean, the beggining is really awful ill admit. And the overworld is practically non existent. But it's pretty fun when you're actually down on the fucking ground.

>Not important.
Except Fi has about 80% of the dialog in the game. And half of it was just repeated dialog.
>Get an item
>Get a quick explanation of said item
>Turn around
>Fi explains what was just said
And also the god damn boss fight.

Exactly:

>Lots of minigames
like 3 total, off the top of my head I can only think of bamboo cutting, skydiving onto a coloured wheel and working at the pumpkin place
>and treasure to find
You mean the ones you can' t open unless you've activated the cube on the surface? That's what I really want to find when I explore, shit that I can't do anything with. When you do activate a cube on the surface is shows you on the map where the chest is, that's hardly exploration. Not to mention there's fuck all to explore in the sky in the first place.

It "started" on day one because we've been having argument about it for 5 years.

some people have always liked Skyward Sword (see ), to assume this is because BotW is coming out is completely idiotic.

So did SS have any popular NPCs? There's Groose, I remember him being well liked.

And some people have always been wrong.

But there has been more SS shilling lately

I loved them in SS tho.

In TP they were too long and boring.

>Artificial ''you need this item to unlock this specific part of dungeon''
>You need to repeat dungeons, every zone is just an uninspired dungeon
>No overworld, Skyloft is just a glorified world hub just like Mario Galaxy
>Shitty controls (even worse if you are a leftie)
>Remember this demon? You need to fight him 4 times
>16:9 letterboxed only. It looks like smeared aliasing shit on FHD-HD TVs through component cables
>Characters are caged inside Skyloft and they are fine with that, small population of 25 people
>You can't explore every part of land because muh clouds
>Sky is almost empty

Laziest Zelda

there's been more zelda discussion in general since, ya know, there's a new game coming out. This isn't rocket science user

You forgot the minecart minigame and the minesweeper clone with the moles.
Both of which suck ass.

How the zelda cycle works:
>game takes around 5 years from the previous
>we start talking about Zelda because a new one is on the horizon
>former underaged that played the previous trash game defend it because they liked it as a child/teenager
In reality the entire series gets worse with each game.

There's always been a high amount of Zelda discussion here, you autistic retard.

I liked the chick that can fall in love with Link, and her dad.
I also found it memorable that you can clean the house of some MILF and keep it a secret, while her son is trying to figure out why is their money banishing.
Also the Pumpkin lady waifu.

People liked that girl who worked as a shopkeeper and had a crush on Link.

Skyward Sword is my second favorite Zelda right after Spirit Tracks. Come at me.

It's my favorite 3D Zelda. Not perfect, but for me the good outweighs the bad.

>But its controls
Were fine.
>Dungeons
Were fine, with more headscratchers than WW had for damn sure.
>Fetch quests
Hardly the first Zelda to implement them.
>and all around gameplay
The simon says combat has been some of the most engaging I've seen from the series to date.

>He thinks simon says is engaging and fun

I think Skyward Sword is shit beyond repair but I actually have a soft spot for Spirit Tracks, so I'll let you off user

He saying it's like Pokemon. There's always people willing to talk about Pokemon but when a new game is being released that's all some people want to talk about. And it always goes to the last Zelda game at least on consoles.

there's more, though, since you get threads like this.

I get what he's saying and it's retarded.

I wish they'd do an HD remake of Skyward Sword with normal controls just so people can see that it's a shit game without even taking the awful controls into account. The game has so many problems but nobody ever wants to talk about them because they assume that if you hate the game it must be because of the controls.

>Probably. The number of people saying that they actually liked it has been growing bigger and bigger as BotW approaches release. I still think it's an awful game though.
You're looking at it from the wrong angle.

What's happened is that the individuals expressing sheer hatred and willingness to shit on it endlessly have burnt out over time, leaving the people who felt satisfied by the experience to continue to look back on those times fondly representing a larger portion of the crowd that still talks about the game. What you see as a growing number, is in fact the very same number, but with the negatives filtering out of that number slowly over time, meaning that the percentage of positives has grown despite their actual population not changing much.

It's just easier to find the positives now is all, especially with the negatives no longer creating spaces of shitposting to drown out the positives and reduce the positives' will to say anything without receiving flak for expressing their opinion.

But I liked SS on release. The game had flaws but is incredibly comfy and has one of my favourite vidya OST.

I love since it was released, but I always get some heavy flak from Sup Forums for it

I loved the shifting head pillar in the middle and how it opened up or closed off different paths. It felt like a different take on OoT's water dungeon in a way. The leaf pads were neat, and I wish those phoenixlike enemies showed up elsewhere in the game. In general I really liked the dungeon's self-contrasting aesthetic.

I know a disturbing amount of people that've been loving it since it came out and I still don't get it

I've given up trying to understand or fight

>people hate Skyward Sword
>the same people love Twilight Princess

Aside from the controls, most of what's wrong with Skyward Sword is a problem with Twilight Princess as well. I don't get it.

>my opinions are facts

Nope, you're wrong. If that was the case general opinion on the game would have changed somewhere in 2013-2015 but it didn't. I've only started seeing people praise SS around 2015 to now, when info on BotW was actually being released/shown off. If it was like as you say then people would have started to like SS long before BotW was starting to come out.

The Zelda series is the only series that could make these boring:

>adventuring in the sky to discover life for the first time beneath the clouds
>sailing the seas to save your sister
>transforming into a wolf with a dark alternative world

Modern Zelda just isn't that good. The worst thing about BotW is that it doesn't even really have a cool setting or setpiece, it's just Link plopped in the middle of wilderness.

It's also artsy as fuck in a good way.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spider's_Thread

Other than the sky being wasted opportunities: the hub world, everything else was great.

>That pirate ship level
>That kickass music that played fighting the Pirate Stalfos
>Having to escape the ship
>That final boss on the sinking ship

I really enjoyed that whole part of the game

I could condense why I like it, despite its glaring flaws.

1. SOLIDITY: It didn't feel like it was leaving out content as obviously as WW. It felt like, generally speaking, it had most of what it wanted and, unlike TP, arranged it in a way that made sense to creating a cohesive structure. The number of hanging plot threads or random reminders that other plots exist were minimalized.

2. COMBAT: The combat, while reliant on motion controls, felt like it added more elements than other Zeldas preceding it. WW had enemy weapons but those were just a 2-3 hit combo ad nauseum the exact same way as the sword was. TP had various special moves but none of them saw any use outside of the back attack and helm splitter for Darknuts. A huge flaw of Zelda combat to me has always been the reliance on just spamming the same attack over and over or repeating the same three hit combo over and over, with the only exception being a jump attack for flying enemies for verticality, or spamming it on bosses for damage. SS on the other hand had shield parries to force openings, and allowed for some tricks on various enemies, like the deku babas being compelled to eat bombs for instance. "Follow the opening" felt more compelling to me than the same damn combat I'd experienced in ever Zelda prior.

3. EXPLORATION - OR LACK THEREOF: I have felt that exploration has been 3D's most lacking aspect for a long time, not quite reaching the same level as 2D Zeldas. The N64 Zeldas had the best exploration of the 3D's, with WW and to a lesser extent TP making it tedious and lacklustre with few worthwhile rewards for attempting to explore. So, when SS did away with the exploration to make a cohesive linear experience, I appreciated that, in a sort of "We need to check out this extreme so that we can understand our boundaries" sort of way.

Feels like a chore, not an actual Zelda game

You know it.

4. PUZZLES: I've always been a fan of environmental puzzles in Zelda, so making them a part of the progression through areas and, moreover, surrounding the area around the dungeon with puzzles as you might find in the dungeon proper was really enjoyable for me. It's worth noting that I felt the puzzle representation and especially the EXECUTION was stronger in SS than either WW or TP, the former of which was populated mostly by block pushing puzzles or essentially just a funky obstacle course, and the latter of which had far too few and too simple puzzles for the expansive spaces they occupied. Clarification where it's due, I view mazes and simply trying to find your way through the area as a form of puzzle and am fond of using the Fire Temple and Forest Temple of Ocarina of Time as examples of this.

5. SIDEQUESTS AND NPCS: I honestly felt like the NPC characters of Skyloft were way better written than any I can remember from WW or TP. For sidequests, I felt there were simply a greater number of them than TP and I don't remember WW's sidequests being particularly memorable, unlike the long-term sidequest to make the one scrawny kid swole as fuck, or the sidequest to help one of Groose's lackeys find love. Obviously SS's sidequests pale compared to MM but I appreciated that their quality felt greater than the two preceding.

6. THE ANTAGONIST: Something that TP got mostly right, and an area that I feel WW failed spectacularly in, was the presence of the game's primary antagonist, Ghirahim. He showed up often, and did things, and made himself known to be a menace and someone worth fighting off, something I always felt Ganondorf of WW did far too little of. Zant did it well enough which played into why Midna's such a great companion character, but I'll admit that I somewhat wish they played up the similarities and differences between Fi and Ghirahim further, but in a vacuum, Ghirahim was a charmingly creepy villain and I loved him for it.

No. It will break the Zelda cycle.

switch port when

i wanna play this shit without waggle

A friend recently went back and played all the Zeldas he'd never finished and this one was the last on the list. It was like watching Sup Forums in motion. He would play for hours on end, the whole time bitching about the stamina bar and how the items sucked and on and on. I asked him why he kept playing it and he just said he didn't know. He finished it and when I asked him how it was, he said "It was decent." Fuck me, man.

I fucked up the wording of 6. "This is something that TP got mostly right, and an area I feel WW failed spectacularly in - the presence of the game's primary antagonist, Ghirahim."

I still feel it could be worded better but I think you get the point.

>SS
>Waggle

This "motion controls = waggle" meme needs to end. The only thing even remotely waggle about the game was flapping the bird or playing the harp.

Gameplay was behind over-explanation and long ass animations: Calling birb, going down birb, explanation, new character explanation, move two steps, new explanation, find an item you already have in your inventory, explanation window. Find tresaure explanation Fi, get item, Fi explains, enter into a new part of the dungeon Fi explanation, getting hit Fi explanation, calling birb again, explanation on bosses, do the same steps to get a new area, behind explanations, call birb again, repeat over 40 hours

It's not even story, it was just an endless tutorial

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are both shit. Breath of the Wild is the series' last chance at redemption.

>hey, here's what I think is bad about the game
>s-shut up, it's not true

I liked Fi in Hyrule Warriors.

I actually liked a lot about SS, but there are a few deadly sins it commits that solidifies it's place in the 'beat once, never touch again' pile.
The worst sin by far was having to fight the imprisoned three fucking times, which was three times too many.

Fun fact about The Imprisoned.

You can just drop onto its head from above, fuck the toes.

Fi when she wasn't just repeating shit honestly was a bit sassy. Sadly that was about 1% of her dialog and no one really remembers those.

If it gets a Switch port it is unquestionably going to use the motion controls of the Joycon.

SS is the worst Zelda game so no.

The controls are absolute dogshit.

>swing remote like a sword
>alignment gets all fucked up

Its horrible and imprecise like wtf

>get Skyward Sword on release
>drop it right before the Sandship
>try it again recently
>just beat the game literally ten minutes ago

I'm ashamed to say it but I think it's already happening. Once I discovered that you don't need to actually hold the sword in a specific spot before slashing, it started to become a lot better. And the story actually gets pretty cool, I loved the ending. I'm gonna try to refrain from being a typical Zelda cycle fag after BOTW is released, however. The new game does still look amazing to me.

I completed SS three times. Normal, hero, and Cursed Hero.

Let me tell you, you really notice those potions in Hero when you take twice as much damage and can't find random hearts, and you REALLY notice the lack of them when you can no longer access your bags in Cursed Hero.

Maybe you shouldn't wave it repeatedly like a fucking madman then, and focus on surgical strikes.