Age of Mythology

Do people still play this? I got the re-release recently after what must have been a decade, on a whim, and it's really fun. But as I progress through the campaign and play the occasional random map vs. CPU I can tell I'm starting to outgrow the AI opponents.

I wish people still played it, but the servers are nearly empty. There's only about 10 people online at a time.

I got the thing to play through the campaign again, I tried the multiplayer once and found someone pretty quickly

I recommend you just fucking try it

Yes, you can play online on Steam or voobly / game ranger.

I've 15,000 hours+ on this game, n1 world wide, speed runned it, mained all gods, played all good players, beat 2 Titan Ai alone, created most of today used build orders

hey OP, next time you want to ask a retarded question like this and create a worthless thread, check out steamcharts first

How's the new Chinese civ?

Still think Aztecs would be better.

is this a pasta?

Quit fun, less than the 3 original and atty tho
Nu wa and some strategy are very OP on no patch.

I found Atlantians boring except for the rechargeable God powers (which everyone should have gotten)

>How's the new Chinese civ?
halfassed, literally looks like something you'd see from a 3/5 fan made mod
their titan is literally just a reskinned frost giant

Nope, just a huge AoM entouhsiast. Only Mista and IamMagic, maybe Armycore/Magyars are as good as me.
Check out keen aom youtube channel, pretty fun

>their titan is literally just a reskinned frost giant
Disappointing but Titans are all pretty similar anyway.

No. Why would I play this when I still have AoE and SC games.

absolute fucking trash and a disgrace to the game
>AoE2 gets 3 good expansions, still patched
>AoM gets 1 shitty expansion that brought a new OP as fuck civ, never got properly patched or balanced

I have over 20k hours and have beaten 4 Titan AIs simultaneously and came up with the counters to most of today's build orders faggot

On competitive level Oranos require 250+ apm for turma raids etc. Even if villagers are easier to use, it's still require a lot of attention.

More people should have bought the game if they wanted continued support.

*rubs hands*

>more people should've bought a worthless rerelease of old as fuck game that was still buggy as fuck and STILL desyncs all the fucking time
t. microsoft kike

Except in my case it's true, check out my twitch channel on twitch (kimo67)

I'm the most rated currently on EE/Voobly and always was since 2002. At one point I had 17 pass/20 on the global server ranking.

Like a less interesting Centaur raid strategy. Big deal.

It's because AoE2 is king

The Chinese expansion is not popular and a whole lot of shit around it broke, apparently a lot of still is. Supposedly the community collectively forsook it and went to Voobly.

Skybox seems very keen on looking after AoE II despite all the fuckups they do every now and then, though.

>Mesoamerican civ
>Main gods Huitzilipoctli (infantry), Quetzalcoatl (myth units), and Chicomecoatl (eco)
>Get favor from sacrificing units at their temple. The more expensive the unit, the more favor.
>Special unit can capture enemy villagers like herd animals to sacrifice at the temple for even more favor

r8

Is there no hope of further support?

We will probably see another AoM expansion. The big problem was that Forgotten Empires, African Kangdons, and Rise of the Rajas came from a team who only had experience in AoE2 modding. I imagine they learned new things in the Chinese expansion. Besides, it's not like they are going to make an actual game any time soon.

maybe more people would have bought the game if it was properly developed and not even more of a desyncing trainwreck than the AoE2 expansions

Cx

>and Chicomecoatl (eco)
Actually scratch that. Xipe Totec makes more sense.

>favor not only has no passive method of income, requires retard amounts of micromanagement and a retarded opponent
it's shit

You can also just sacrifice your own low on health shit.

I'd like to see a civ who gains favor by completing "quests". Like every 3 minutes you get a new quest like: "Kill X infantry, Gather X food, build X myth units" And you receive favor based on completing those.

Should I get DLC I heard it was kinda meh