What does Sup Forums think of the onimusha games?

What does Sup Forums think of the onimusha games?

action elements of resident evil in samurai setting

dawn of dreams is an underrated gem

Poor man's Nioh. All Capcom can do is second rate imitation

I've only played Onimusha 2. Pretty great.

You could have just asked for Nioh thread senpai

>onimusha
>came way before nioh
> second rate imitation

sure.

You played the worst one, lol.

Still a great game.

Only played Dawn, but I loved what I played of it. Sadly the disc I got was scratched so it crashed after that giant centipede boss.

I want to replay it on PCSX2 but as far as I know the 2d menus are still messed up garbage.

>PS2 game
>second rate imitation
>of PS4 game

>implying nioh wasn't in development since the dreamcast era
Fucking capcom just grabbed and copied it before it was even out.
And then they did it again with RE7 copying PT.
So unoriginal.

This is the Nioh audience, everyone!

Don't be like them, go buy a good game that's not half finished.

>nu-Sup Forums
literally youtube-comment-tier autism

Only played part 3, the game looks fine to me.

Wow dudes can't we just discuss the games?

The first and third are both really good. 2 has a weird barter system but the alternate characters you get to play through giving them items are fun enough. Especially Magoichi and the 5-barrel tanegashima.

>this thread

I never played much of 2, maybe 2 hours out of a rental or such.

1 was fun, 3 is easily the best for me (every game needs more Jean Reno) and actually liked DoD a lot.

2 and dawn of dreams are my favorites. I think I mostly just like the idea of a bunch of characters helping each other out more than a one man army. The whole trilogy is great though , I still fucking love the ending to the first game and the last boss in the 3rd is god damn amazing.

kinda wanna replay 3 since I found my ps2 and modded it recently

PS2 had tons of hidden gems but this franchise is one of the brightest gems

Beat Onimusha, loved Onimusha.

Is this the reddit containment thread?

Played 3 like 10 years ago and don't remember shit, it was a great game though, the camera was confusing as shit like every jap game, i wanna play them, should i emulate or use the ps2?

If you want to play 3 just play the pc version, if I remember correctly it runs in 60 fps.

It's from the same people that did the PC port of DMC3 though. I'd probably recommend emulating it since it seems to be perfectly playable in PCSX2 on the current builds.

Onimusha 3's intro movie is the greatest video game intro movie of all time.

I played the first one and liked it

I'm almost done with my playthrough on the pc version and it runs perfectly, both the controls and framerate are great.

A good fisherman can catch the big ones even with shitty dollar store bait.

Nice b8, m8

Sort out that aspect raidou.

Played and finished the first and second one like 5 months ago. They were alright, to be honest I don' remember much about them despite having played the for the first time such a short while ago. I remember liking the first game a lot more than the second, really didn't care for the gift/friend system.

A forgotten classic that is unfortunately never gonna get another sequel or even an HD rerelease.

Get out genma scum.

Played 1 and loved it. I have no idea why they never made any more for PS3.

He's right though. 2 is fucking trash. The gift system is the worst thing that happened to onimusha.