Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Who else is throughly excited about the potential update on FF7 Remake on the 18th Feb?

I'm not genuinely excited, but still deeply believe it'll be a failure as a release due to SE.

Other urls found in this thread:

magic-ip.com/en/
my.mixtape.moe/sybikq.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess
>We seek it thus, and take to the sky

Can't wait for more edgy emo shit like this. FF7's story is so much more richer for it.

Hope you are ready for more of this shit.

>inb4 zack's death is just the crisis core ending

Not at all excited about any of it.

Let me know when they go back to making REAL Final Fantasy games, and not this action jump around homosexual fantasy bull shit.

>t. FFX was the last good Final Fantasy game.

Why are you excited to see a classic game ruined? Just play the original.

A bit...I don't know if I want the same game with a graphical update or a newish version like the Resident Evil Gamecube remake. i see pros and cons to both

Or you could have a hunk of shit retconned action remake of the game! Haha! So cool! See Cloud runs around and does athletics with his big ass sword, while Barret is shooting people, and Tifa's tits are bouncing everywhere! Haha! So fun! Haha! Just wait for the motorcycle part in Midga. Haha! So much fun! Lots of action!

I adore FF7, it's without doubt my favourite game of all time. I'm most looking forward to just experiencing the game again from a new perspective. I'll overlook the shit combat and bastardisation of the story and music. I just wanna roam around Wutai/Gongaga/Mideel/Junon/Gold Saucer etc. in modern day graphics and perspective.

because turn based combat is boring as fuck.

Honestly, seeing the shitty concept image they have shown recently doesn't make me hype at all.

>cloud looks all emo and sad
>seph shown looming overhead with his stupid ass kingdom hearts wing
>everything about the Compilation is going to come full circle, you fucking know it is why God

Also, the Mobius event makes me consider that the current staff at Square haven't even played the game itself so much as get their info from the compilations animes and mangas.
>"Cloud, what is your hometown like?"
I think "Oh, he's gonna describe Nibelheim, right."
>HE FUCKING DESCRIBES MIDGAR
>NOT ONLY THAT, BUT HE DOES SO LIKE IT WAS THE PLACE HE WAS BORN, RAISED, AND LIVED ALL HIS LIFE
NO
GODDAMN
JESUS FUCK
HOW CAN YOU DROP THE BALL THIS HARD
SHIT

Couldn't care less.

FFVII was the beginning of the end for FF in my eyes.

Don't think a shiny new veneer is going to be able to save it in any way.

>FFVI was the beginning of the end for FF in my eyes.
Fixed for people with actua ltaste in good vidya. FF6 was such a fucking nosedive in gameplay for the sake of GUDGRAFIX

Is that to imply that FF1-5 were the pinnacle of the FF series? If so that has got to be the least popular opinion I've ever seen in an FF thread. 4 was good but aside from that the others weren't anything special.

6 - 10 were the true top FF titles and what SE need to revert to, if they wanna revive the series.

I think the fact you're following the game that close, is a sign you're too far in, and going to buy it anyway.

I could tell from the first gameplay reveal the game was shit. IT'S NOT EVEN TURN BASED FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

>6 - 10 were the true top FF titles
HA!
YOU'RE JOKIN', YOU'RE JOKIN'...
I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES.
WOULD SOMEONE -SHUT- THIS FAGGOT UP?
I'M DROWNING IN HIS LIES!

Good FF games: 1-10 + tactics
Bad FF games 11-15 + all spin off titles

2 is awful

Honestly, I wasn't even expecting them to bring over the event in Mobius.
I WISH THEY HADN'T BECAUSE GODDAMN I WANT TO SEE WHERE THIS FUCKING STORY GOES AND THIS FF7R WANNABE LONG-DISTANCE HYPE BULLSHIT IS GETTING IN MY FUCKING WAY
At least Masamune is broken as fuck and I needed a Warrior weapon that wasn't the shitty starter Blank Blade.

The only way I'm getting FF7R is if I entered a contest for something else and got it as a consolation prize.

I've never come across anyone who thinks that 1-5 are the best FF titles and that 6 onwards are the worst. It's all entirely subjective of course, but recognise you're in the smallest of minorities who thinks that. I'd say 95% of FF fans favourite FF game is within 6-10. If you don't acknowledge that, you're being wilfully dumb.

Tactics is a spinoff title too, you cunt.
Goddamn, I can't wait until you retarded hipsters wake up and realize that.

gonna be neosquare garbage
go play the original if you want to play 7 again

I don't do phone games, so I can't relate. I haven't been interested in any Square product since 2001.

2 is pretty amazing.
8,9 and 10 are awful though.
Especially 10

I unironically agree. As much as I loved the original, the craziness of what came after was neat and much easier to replicate.

Genesis is a dumbass who did everything wrong but I still loved him for it

Trust me, I'd quit this shit if I could.
I JUST WANNA SEE GARLAND PUNCH SARAH IN HER FUCKING CUNT FACE

Tactics is a spin off game, and that's why I had to make sure I listed it by name on the good list.

It was even better than the main line series game that takes place in the same world.

What's your beef with 8,9,10?

Great FF games
5, 6, 15

Good FF games
7, tactics

Ok FF games
9, 4

Meh FF games
12, 1, 3, 11, 10

Shit FF games
13, 2, 14, 8

I have no faith they'll manage to shit out anything even remotely playable after the debacle that was FFXV.

FFX was the worst FF game
Go play Bravely Default or Dragon Quest if you want shallow archetypes and turnbased combat

Seeing as XV was the best FF yet I'm not sure what you mean. With that said 7R will probably be shit.

>8 is shit
>15 is great

Shit list, fuck off.

i'm ready for cloud to be a cocky, smug fuck

>best yet

it stops making sense like 5 minutes in

it's the most incoherent final fantasy game yet

>Final Fantasy "Must hit your own Teammates to level up HP" 2

>Amazing

>8 bad
Only the junction system is bad, you omega cock

>9 is awful

your mom is awful

So which FF am i supposed to hate nowadays?

Y'all change your opinion so often i can't keep up.

Everything after 6 seems to be a safe bet

see It's the only example of someone over 18 that has actually played the series before it became an action genre.

Sounds about right, thanks user.

Sup fellow Mobius player.
The world is stuck in a time loop since it's just a retelling of FF1. Garland is the orignal Warrior of Light.

>another FF thread turned into a mobile gaming thread.

This really makes me want to kill myself for some reason.

Do it then faggot. I can tell nobody will miss you.

I'm losing hope of it coming out considering that it's possibly been moved to next gen. that pisses me off a little.

I doubt we will get any info anytime soon either. Square enix have shown me that they are good at letting me down lately.

that's a bit cruel, aniki

>people who like any of the PS1 FF games but hate X

And yet tens of thousands of people believe FF7 is the greatest game of all time. And to this day the base game still sells well.

All anybody wanted was a simple graphic update.

So you must be late 30s to have an opinion like that. I'm 31 and I've only played from FF6 as a kid.

Nice job lumping in 11 as if you've ever even played it.

PSX FFs:
ATB
Overworld
A fuckton of content
Non-linear aspects

FF10:
No ATB, dumbed down to regular ATB
All party members get full exp
Can freely swap dead party members in combat for different alive ones, more dumbing down
Completely linear story
No overworld
No semblence of non-linearty in any form
Most of the soundtrack isnt by Sakaguchi

Try harder

Why would I play Final Fantasy 11: The WoW Ripoff?

It's not even a real Final Fantasy game.

>ffviiR opens
>cloud, barret, tifa, and aerith are all pushing a car and complaining
>13 chapters in cloud wanders around a ruined shinra building with zombie soldiers while genesis quotes loveless in the background
honestly it would probably be better than what we're getting

*rolls eyes*

lol no one cares autist, lol what a nerd how long did it take you to do all that? hahaha fuck off no one gives a shit lol

>psshhhh nothin personnel kid

gr8 b8 m8.

I still don't understand how the ending of FF1 supposedly broke the time loop since they go back to the present time and Garland is there, so he will kidnap Sarah, they will kill him and it's just another loop.

Why would we get something on Feb 18th? I'm still very excited about the remake, but I'm pretty sure we don't get anything until E3 or even PSX in December.

>isn't even a remake of the original gameplay

>will incorporate all the expanded universe shit, especially with allusions to Advent Children along with the terrible characterization

>is episodic so each episode will take forever to come out

>due to the elongated development cycle, each episode will probably differ in quality by a large margin

>episode 2 will probably be on PS5

>nomura is a terrible director, writer, game developer, character designer and can't really do much of anything

>square cares about being as flashy as possible instead of making a functional game so shit like the Supernova will be fucking ridiculous

is there any reason to not just kms

>mfw you can buy the classic FF's, but they come by default with toggle options to cancel out the entire gameplay.

>exactly my fears: the post

Will the new game allow me to chain endless counters like FF7 did?

you just proved you didn't play it. wow became popular because of how unlike ff11 it was. ff11 was actually a "hardcore" mmo.

*when you died, you lost xp and could even level DOWN and lose all your gear since it was level dependant.

*quests were vague as fuck with zero indication of who had a quest, and how to complete them.

*grouping after a certain level was MANDATORY. No solo content after maybe level 10 or so. Imagine every single monster in the world was "elite" by wow terms, and required a group to travel in and kill monsters. That's how hardcore ff11 was. Getting caught by a random mob out in the open by yourself was a fucking death sentence.

*Monsters don't de-aggro unless you zone

This is just off the top of my head from when I played the game in 2002. Haven't played it in over a decade so I can't say how much has changed, but that game was hard as FUCK.

>game still doesn't even play like a Final Fantasy

I wouldn't have any issue at all with FF11 and FF14 is they weren't part of the main line series.

If they were "Final Fantasy: Online Crystal Adventure" I wouldn't give a fuck, the fact they break the chain in a great franchise, and forever set the tone for more genre breaking releases along side it is what has ruined the entire series, for any true fan of products previously released.

IDGAF what the fuck FF11 was, because it isn't a true Final Fantasy game.

I'm interested in Cyberconnect working on something other than Naruto

>moving the goalpost

Listen kid, I agree with you that the two MMOs shouldn't have had the main series numbering, but that wasn't the point of my reply. Ya called it a wow clone and I called bullshit, that's it.

Now 14 on the other hand, that was IS a wow clone, whereas 11 wasn't, but it was still a shit game by any metric.

There is some game-anime conference that nomura will attend on februay 18th, so people hope that he will show new footage.

magic-ip.com/en/

My entire point is that, after FFX, the series got ruined.

The goal post has always been right there.

Can we at least agree that FFX-2 was superior to FFX?

What's on the 18th?

I was hesitant and downright angry at the change to ARPG combat but after finishing FFXV, I'm kind of optimistic. It's gonna be really exciting to see all those memorable FFVII locales, hear that beautiful soundtrack swell, and if the gameplay is at the very least mindless fun like XV, I will be satisfied.

I mean I bought Dirge of Cerberus brand new. I'll pretty much eat any FFVII related shit Squeenix serves on a plate.

well, on that we'll agree. Although, I honestly started to dislike FF starting at 8. 9 started to give me hope again, but 10 I got bored of and never finished it. 11 was shit. Never finished 12 (no particular reason, maybe some life event came up, can't remember). 13 was shit (fun combat though). 14 was shit. haven't played 15. may catch it on the cheap.

But yeah. overall I do agree with you that FF became shit in the double digit entries. I know they're always trying to do something "new", but I would love a high budget, medieval high fantasy setting, single player final fantasy game again, like FF4.

Game won't be out for another two years at LEAST, so just try not to think about it until then.

Pls respond

Try X again. It starts slow, but as soon as you wrap up Luca, and the HAHAHAHAHA scene, the game picks up dramatically in my opinion.

And Besaid is pretty comfy, too. But Sinarkand and Kilika drag the game down at the start.

why would we get anything on 18th? Is there a stream or something that day?

In everything but story, sure.

FF11 came out before WoW even existed.

>Who else is throughly excited about the potential update on FF7 Remake on the 18th Feb?
What

I am exactly 30.
And I played VI again a few years ago to test the airship glitch. (It works, but apparently only on v1.01 releases. 1.03 apparently fixes the bug that you exploit.)

18th is when Nomura will be attending some conference, it's also when the next part of the FF7 Remake event cards rolls out in Mobius Final Fantasy. Pic related.

>Square makes a Time pun
>Plays music from Chrono Cross
>Event is an anniverssary date for the Chrono series
>Announce some irrelevant mobile dumb shit.

You're a fucking fool if you think Square has done anything relevant in the past 15 years.

whats on the 18th?

Mobile is literally king in Japan right now and that's where all the core gamers and thus money are. And they don't give a flying fuck about out-of-Japan gaijin piggu.

Not him but i might have to do so. I have been disappointed of the franchise from time now.

>voiced characters
worse move than removing the turn based combat. it's going to be bad.

>2002 game ripped off a 2004 game
fuckin retard

>stream

Agreed

X was ok at best

When mobilefags drop hundred of dollars on digital slot machines just so they get a better chance to grab their waifu, it's hard to argue against the economics.

Why do you TORtanic fucks even try

LEAKED FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE FOOTAGE!!!! graphics are shit
my.mixtape.moe/sybikq.webm

We don't want your mixtape, Jamaal.

No turn based no buy

This real time shit is boring

>real time is boring
>but turn based isn't

I'm excited to have Versus XIII gameplay as it was intended to be, not the shitshow Tabata turned FFXV into

This.