So tell me did they scrap prey 2 for the sake of developing this piece of shit? it looks like complete crap desu...

so tell me did they scrap prey 2 for the sake of developing this piece of shit? it looks like complete crap desu. something straight out of 2009.. even the original prey looked better than that
youtube.com/watch?v=7TGZmJQnlSc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BPkHZfjK5z4
boards.Sup
dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Dishonored_Credits
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>human head garbage
>relevant
Yeah nah this looks way better. You can System Shock my shit up anytime.

After just playing RE7 those graphics look rather pathetic and this cartoonish style isn't exactly a brilliant choice for this kind of game

but the graphics user! this is inexcusable for a 2017 game. plus we already have dishonored 1/2, do we honestly need another one albeit set in the future? at least prey 2 looked interesting and engaging

Is it just me or is the female Morgan kind of ugly?

Srsly this just looks like a Bioshock clone.
Reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=BPkHZfjK5z4

>Human Head garbage

Rune is one of my favorite games of all time.

I think their game would have been good. This will be fine, but I feel like it's just going to be Dishonored meets Bioshock. Less interesting.

Human heads was canceled because bethesda tried their little trick were they deny payment due to 'failure of a milestone" and they keep failing it until your studio goes bankrupt, then offer you a loan so they have a legal right to buy you when you default on it because they keep failing your milestone. Its how they got arkane.

HH said "we'll go into bankruptcy" and the game died (well, they tried shopping it around and tried to force it onto rebellion, but they wanted nothing to do with bethesda after arkane and HH).

Arkane wanted to make a game and liked the name and bethesda let them have it. Its sorta like farcry. Cool name, nothing ties to the past games.

An System-Shock-like Immersive Sim is way more interresting that something that could have been a boring and repetitive "Far Cry 4 in Space" style open-world.

This looks really good.

this Prey
>space dungeon immersive sim
>high quality animations and production values
>good story
>open ended and non linear
>made by extremely competent devs who have proven themselves many times
>spiritual successor to system shock

Prey 2
>open world meme shit
>MMO tier fetch quests
>chases looked scripted as fuck, enemy would constantly stop and wait for you
>cover shooter popamole shit
>ugly graphics
>overall clunky
>made by incompetent literal who devs who chokes under pressure

>2017
>flashlight casts no shadows on objects
>plaiyng FPS with controller
>costant NPC chatter telling you what to do
>tutorials which insult your intelligence even 1 hour into the game

I want video games to die so they can rise again.

t. Bethesda shill

Not an argument.

She looks like an Ayy lmao in fact both of them do. Did they spoil the big twist?
>No Morgan YOU are the aliens

It's a shame we never got Prey 2 but Arkane made 4 pretty good games so far, so I'm having high hopes for this

Can't tell if they are Asian or just really tired.

>Arkane made 4 pretty good games

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and?

well, it's not like a fps means to be your self insert or something.

Arx Fatalis, Dishonored 1 + 2

>good games

>shit taste

>Yu

yeah i dunno

Only Dark Messiah and Arx Fatalis are good, Dishonored is watered down console trash for your average Valve playtester.

>convincing argument

>this cartoonish style
That's western dev's attempt at "being realistic".
Japan had the whole realistic faces thing already figured out in the ps2 era.
There is NO excuse.

>Male
>10/10 looks for an asian male
>Female
>Primate

Western devs pls

She's not ugly enough for western developers

>he thinks chinks come from earth

Yeah sure, you're right OP, Dishonored 2 was shit after all.

Heather has small imperfections that make her cute and realistic, just like the re7 characters, who look really good.
Western devs just make aborted monster faces, because they dont know what they are doing.

This. I have no idea why suddenly so much love for the cancelled game no one cared about before Arkane announced their game.

I'm pretty sure those eyes are placed way too high on their heads.

Some people really think Dishonored 2 (and the first too) are shit games. There are really people like that here.

I dunno man, Eveline kinda freaks me out, but that's because I find her face exactly like Mia

>immersive sim
>can't see own body
>press x to interact with highlighted object
>disgusting UI with constant popups
>someone over the radio telling you to do this and that

How about a big fat NO.
This right here is an immersive sim.

Shes supposed to be a freakish bioweapon dressing up as a little girl. And even she looks more natural than western games protagonists

fucking hell that quest marker and console UI, you just know the game will be designed around quest marker unlike old immersive sims like system shock

That's really cute boy. What game?

jack families look good... for serial killers who hide inside their house all day.
everybody else look like clay people. in intense scenes they look like if bioware has some talents at the art team but absolutely no one who can make spec map.

It's a modern Immersive Sim.

People were too dumb to figure a lot of things when they tested Dishonored during the development so since then I suppose Arkane make those games with retards in mind.

So it's a retard sim.

like all modern immesive sims are, like dishonored 2 and the new deus ex

HOPEFULLY system shock 3 wont be

No the setting of the OG prey 2 looked engaging not the actual game. In the demo in looked basically like a Deus Ex:MD set in bounty hunter space. The new Prey 2 on the other hand looks like FUN gameplay and if it happens to become the unofficial System Shock 3 I am up for it.

So it´s system shock with spider enemies.

I can't watch it. It's too painful.

The trailer for the orginal Prey 2 was absolutely god tier, everybody forgot that the demo looked mediocre.

>bethesda shit

no faggots, its made by arkane, the guys who made fucking dark messiah. its published by bethesda, just like DOOM.

i don't expect it to be good nonetheless, but i have a small amount of hope.

>gender selection
For what purpose?

No

it only has the same name, like how Cloverfield Lane has nothing to do with Cloverfield, its classic marketing

Am I System Shock yet?

>press X to press

Why do i have to listen to 2 randoms journos quipping when pretending to play the videogame live. Fucking kill me i don't wan't to look at this on mute.

>immersive sim
>find room with locked door and windows
>can't smash windows and get in room
>can transform into a coffee mug and go through slot

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

GOTY

Only thing i wanted from that game was the setting.

even arkane is a shadow of their former self, dishonored was decent at best

It's a damn shame we never got Pray 2.

this

why do you westerners quip so much? here in eastern europe people would slap you in the face if you were such an annoying fuck when playing games

fetish
when they talk about "diversity" they actually talk about fetish

Prey 2 looked like typical console shit with cover shooting and open world. Anyome that thought it was going to be good is retarded.

Both games look great in their own way and I wish there was a way they both could exist. It's dumb to try and say that the one has more right to exist than the other, especially when they're both such different games. It's Bethesda that suck for killing companies and their games when they don't agree on a company merger.

>Arxfag in denial

Dishonored was their best game yet and Prey 2 might end up being better.

>implying nu-Prey 2 looks good

t.Chad Broward

>its made by arkane
These guys here are long gone and replaced by nu-devs from game design college.

nah, a bunch of people in Arkane worked on deus ex, thief and system shock n the past

What the fuck is wrong with the facial design in this game. Everyone is multiracial or black and ugly as fuck ?

>they were making Arx 2
>but then Ubisoft changed it all to Dark Messiah

I still enjoy Dark Messiah, but fuck Ubisoft.

it's the future dude

>FPS with controller
There should be a rule to spoiler that shit on this board, almost threw up on my keyboard.

>if only female
reeeeee sjw
>if only male
reeeeee my soggy knee

I'm for death penalty personally.

Except the credits for arx and dishonored are mostly the same

boards.Sup Forums.org/v/thread/367518793#bottom
dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Dishonored_Credits

>inb4 arkane austin make dishonored 2

Nice projector you got there, havent even played arx yet fag, use more buzzwords, you might getr a genuine reaction from some other memlord such as yourself

kill yourself

Where do we go from here?

>Eurogamer

half german half oriental

>what are different teams

The Prey team is not the same and Harvey Smith worked on some dogshit titles too. This game looks boring as shit you fucking shill.

obviously in a few years the door will unlock itself once you get the code

>First game is named Game.
>Second game is named Game.

Why is this allowed?

>Game
>GAME

it's not the second game though

>First game is named Game.
>completely unrelated game is named Game

bethesda is just retarded

western europe =/= eastern

westerners are much more faggy, tolerant and brainwashed by american pop culture

Worked for Fallout.

they could have named it differently.

Did not make a stupid 0-8-15 1st person shooter and made a spiritual successor to the System Shock 2 instead.
I don't see a problem.

yes, system shock 2, thief and arx fatalis all look boring and uninspired as well.

>game I haven't played yet is in the same class as 3 classics
>not a shill

we already have system shock remake and system shock 3 coming out. plus the game is pretty much dishonored in space. original bioshock which is 10 years old looks better than this garbage.

It's the retarded artstyle Arkane loves to use so much.

>the environments all go for a somewhat photorealistic look more or less
>the people are all horribly disfigured and overstylized because lol oil paintings

prey is another studio entirely with some upper managers plucked from arkane. Of course the team is different. Meanwhile the og Arkane is still mostly the same.

This game will be what everyone hoped bioshock would be, before it came out.

>photorealistic

Fuck no, it's way too colorful and cartoonish looking

Prey 2 would've destroyed this shit.

Pretty sure I played a game that did that.

>I havent even played these classics but pls listen to me
kek
they all have boring shit opening and dont even have half the shootbang pyromancy acshun prey promised

nice strawman faggot

but then they wouldn't have tricked people who liked cloverfield going into that hoping it was related

you NEED to be joking, the fact they show you the code for doors already discards that possibility

also, I wish prey 2 posters would fucking die already, we get it, you like cyberpunk

Which one is it, is a strawman or is Prey of a piece with the 3 games mentioned? You guys should get your shill script together before shitposting.

It looks okay to me, like the Half Life 2 ripoff no dev has ever been able to pull off before.

So Bethesda took a sequel made by the original developer of Prey and made this.

The Human Head version had an amazing, neo-noir cyberpunk cityscape to it. A sprawling underbelly of an otherworldly city filled with a bunch of alien races. It reminded me of 80's sci-fi movies back when they had intricate, hand-made sets and tons of actors in different alien costumes.

Then Human Head wouldn't give in to Bethesda's insane demands and their attempt to stronghold them into selling themselves to Bethesda.

What we get instead now is a game that looks like it borrows the same tired look of just about every other Hollywood big budget sci-fi movie in space and decided to rip off the feel of Bioshock. You even get the fucking wrench as your melee weapon.

It's like if some movie executive looked at Guardians of the Galaxy, was dissapointed in it and forced it to have more generic humans in space suits walking around environments that look like more like a doctor's office than an alien world.

I'm sure this game will fail like Dishonored 2.