youtube.com/watch?v=sg76TRf1I8E
youtube.com/watch?v=vUYrv601WBw
youtube.com/watch?v=GWGH_T381aw
youtube.com/watch?v=q7gzFBnfRfo
youtube.com/watch?v=Iq9EYj-Pxqc
youtube.com/watch?v=wUqUSe25na4
youtube.com/watch?v=7iJzjq_vL2I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a movie with half-hour long cut-scenes.
But a good one.

No.

why is this a sony exclusive??? what has sony ever done for sega except for kicking them out of the console business with the ps2?

SEGA kicked itself out of the console business.

I'm having a great time. 32 hours in and I just started chapter 8.

Yes.
That soundtrack is GOAT.

youtube.com/watch?v=sg76TRf1I8E

It's one of the most fun games that came out in last 10 years. And for the first time since Y2 with actually good main plot to boot.

It's the sole reason I'm considering of buying PS4 Pro (cause pro will last longer than base/slim ps4)

youtube.com/watch?v=vUYrv601WBw

Best disco song coming through: youtube.com/watch?v=GWGH_T381aw

>(cause pro will last longer than base/slim ps4)
False. There won't be any PRO exclusive games not available on PS4.
And currently PRO in general has more hardware related issues than basic models, like any other new console.

yes

Because Sega doesn't hold grudges over stupid console wars that happened decades ago. Only stupid Sega fanboys who never outgrew that mentality do.

Does Yakuza 0 have as much interaction with the world as Yakuza 5? I've wasted like 400 hours in the shitload of minigames and stuff that one had.

>False. There won't be any PRO exclusive games not available on PS4.
Not yet, but what if microsoft decides to launch exclusive titles for scorpio next year? Either sony would have to create new console for end 2018 or early 2019, or allow Pro to be "entry level" 9th gen.

It's cold war all over again

most fun I've had playing a videogame since years

>Not yet, but what if microsoft decides to launch exclusive titles for scorpio next year?
They won't

Yes it has a good amount of minigames

>but what if microsoft decides to launch exclusive titles for scorpio next year?

Then Xbox one users get up in arms because they've fucked over no customer base but their own.

They have to if they want to keep up with games running on Vega / Volta GPUs, or else they risk gamers jumping to PC

Yes it's very fun, a vidya game in the purest form.

It blends a deep serious story line with light hearted funny elements. It's a masterpiece.

Does the story have a serious tone?

yes
which is actually amazing how they manage to keep it serious and interesting from beginning to end, considering all of the silly shit you're doing when you're not following the story objectives
somehow it all works together and it's fun as fuck

The main yes. Side missions can be the complete opposite, which makes this game what it is, strangely.

Yes the sidequests on the other hand

Where do you hear any of this? I'm looking for those real estate chumps and there's not even any music in the pause menu, let alone the game

Looks pretty fun to me
are you lying to me?

This isn't mgs 4

The first one is for the real estate equivalent for Majima (which actually a full fledged minigame), and the last two are from Maharaja (the disco minigame place).

I can't stop listening to this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=q7gzFBnfRfo

They're all awesome, incredibly 80s, I just wish there was more of it in the early parts

So what exactly does economic influence do anyways? All I've figured out is that the red highlight moves from left to right but I have no idea what the numbers mean.

The disco place is open from very early on, same for the karaoke, and both have very 80s songs, but yeah, not much of it outside of those places.

This is my favorite karaoke song (after JUDGEMENT)
youtube.com/watch?v=Iq9EYj-Pxqc

gives you a multiplier bonus when you're collecting the money. it'll range from 90% -> 110%.

Is there any point playing the other games after playing this one? I've played 0, 1, and 2 and maybe half of 3 and it feels like once you've played 0 you might as well just watch all the cutscenes from 3-6 online.

Keep saying dumb shit like this and Nagoshi will hurt you

5 was pretty good, 6 is gonna be good, Kiwami comes out this summer.

BASED Nagoshi

The point is that they are good and different games. This is not FIFA.
If you can't stand the more antiquate mechanics that's your problem.

Does anyone have the most recent pictures of this man? Wasn't he at the switch conference last month?

My nigga
>the disco battle with Miracle though

Is it even possible to win?

Someone should tell him to stop tanning

nah, you can't beat him
they even have some fun with it
look at your rank when you finish the battle, the highest you can get is disco king I think, but he is something like disco star or whatever
but yea, it's impossible to win

no, it's not, unless you're frame perfect and call pull off the best possible path for each move while getting the right button pressings

He's toned down actually, it used to be worse.

Easily one of the best games this year. It's fucking great. It's my favorite in the series alongisde 2.

kek

>there are people on this board who will be starting with 0 because some faggot told them it's okay to start with prequels
Enjoy ruining both the point of a prequel narrative and the gameplay for yourselves should you choose to play the other games.

It's still better than not starting at all. Playing through 1-5 just to be allowed to play 0 can be pretty damn daunting.

zero directly spoils 1 and kiwami a shit btw

I just told them it's okay cause I wanted the game to sell, sorry user

>Yakuza fans would rather have the game not sell and things go back to having Sega hold the series ransom while everyone cries like they don't understand why

Yes but don't do the Real Estate Royale quests if you can't do the dance minigame.
I've been stuck on the media king dance battle for a week now and he always seems to get few hundred points more than me.

It's not as if Y0 is going to stop existing and it's a single player game. No reason people shouldnt start from the top if they plan oin taking on the whole series. At most I'd recommend someone skip 1 and watch the flashback for it in 2, because it was clunky at release and is still clunky today (mostly due to the terrible lock-on), while 2 and onward hold up.

Nothing stopping them from buying the game and letting it sit on your shelf/PSN for a few months. I bought DQ 7 and 8 on 3ds to support the series, while still trying to finish DQ5 and 6 on DS first.

Best single player game i've had on ps4 so far

Why do western developers never make any martial arts action rpgs?

>implying

Not everyone's gonna do the same thing, dood. Some people just want to pick up a game, play it and then sell it off or let it eat dust, not many people are gonna buy a game and then just let it eat shit before finishing up previous games.

Yes it is. And if anything the game is my current GOTY for now. Everything about it is perfect so far:

>Great soundtrack
>Combat system that have variety to keep things fun for a long run
>Plot that is serious yet interesting enough to keep your attention
>Side quests that are a complete opposite of the main story in terms of mood yet still entertaining in their own ways
>Full fledged mini games that have proper mechanics of their own
>Nothing is locked behind a DLC
>The game is prequel to the entire series so it makes it the best starting point for new comers as well

If one must cherry pick the only snag would be the long cut scenes that shows up sometimes. But like I've said earlier, the plot is really interesting enough to keep on watching. Still amazed on how they made a patch of dirt the most important center point of the whole game.

Goddamn great game.

for me
1-2-0 are essentials
4-5 good enough but overshadowed by essentials
3 but most skippable one
6 have not played yet

Good taste. Okinawa is honestly my favorite location though and I wish it had been revisited outside of 3.

Is this Yakuza popular with the mainstream normal people?

Heh.

MEME MAGIC

1-2 are okay
3 is good
4-5 are great
0 is amazing.

Yes it's fun.
Except the fishing, that's not fun at all.

Dunno, we haven't seen sales number for it outside of japan. I did see that it has a video ad in FUCKING GAMESTOP, which I don't recall seeing for 3 or 4 and obviously not 5.
AWFUL taste
4 and 5 are m night shyamalan tier and 4 playable characters was a mistake.

>1-2 are okay
Say it to my face gaijin

I like you.

>final boss fight in 0
>he has styles that mirror yours
>CHAIR BATTLE
>equip dragon of dojima style for his last phase

im cumming

>friendly reminder than yakuza 0 will never be on pc

>AWFUL taste
Okay.

Personally, 1-2 were underwhelming action games in pretty much every regard. 3 had bad pacing issues, but combat wise it improved quite a bit and bosses were an actual challenge. 4-5 narration with different characters was a really nice move and a change of pace of the combat since they have different movesets from one another and angles from their own POV.

0 is the peak of the series, since it fixed the issue of the gameplay being a bit repetitive by giving each character multiple styles and the writing, which was easily the weakest part of the series, was a big improvement. Sidequest which are actually fun and not shit is nice too.

Yakuza 2 is easily the most overrated game in the franchise. I thought nothing special of it and it was overshadowed several times by the rest of the games.

>there are people who care about something as trivial was which game to play first
If people want to start with Y0 then good for them. Nothing is going to be ruined story wise, and since the older games are past gen, they should expect antiquated controls and mechanics. People will play anyway if they end up loving the series enough.

Don't start shit in a nice thread

I want all non-idorts to leave

yakuza plotpoint bingo?

>someone is someones brother or sister as twist
>betrayals to government or rival clan
>someone is killed due taking the bullet for someone
>something seemingly random is connected to something already established long ago

>2 holds up
Nope. It's almost as bad mechanically as the first game and the plot is garbage.

you forgot kidnapping children and millennium tower shenanigans

>I want all non-idorts to leave
what did he mean by this

>kiryu is pulled out of retirement
>daigo fucks up
>have to fight a friend to prove your worth
>have to fight Majima for information
>Kiryu screams someone's name

I like 2 a lot. It has a decent story, better combat than 1 and heat moves were not exaggerated as fuck like the later games. I really find it annoying that the heat moves got from "brutal and fast" to "long and silly" starting with 3.

>that kuze remix in his final fight

brehs, i feel it

I want all poorfags/console warriors to leave.
Except every other game is clearly based off of 2's framework, down to the same damn lock on system we've had for a decade now until 6. It also has the best plot in the series that is well written and doesn't go off the fucking rails like 3 4 or 5.

2's plot is terrible, what are you talking about?

I didn't expect to like Beast style that much, but it wrecks shit when you level it up all the way.

How to spot a nu-Yakuza fan.

>plot is terrible
That was the best story out of all the games in the series.

>fleshed out characters
>no deus ex machina
>good chemistry between best girl and Kiryu
>best rivalry in the series
>the twists are foreshadowed and aren't total ass pulls like every other game in the series

Just like he said. A good one.

>Finish chapter 2
>Pick wrong slot to save
>Go back
>Game freezes

Fuck....

Just finished Yakuza 3. That shit was fucking ridiculous and great.

>intro theme is the final boss theme

fucking hell that was amazing.

>no deus ex machina
I love Yakuza 2's story but I feel like a lot of perople are forgetting KOREAN TWIN

Posting best track
youtube.com/watch?v=wUqUSe25na4

Y3 has sick ass music too
youtube.com/watch?v=7iJzjq_vL2I

Because Microsoft told Sega to go fuck itself when Sega tried to make Yakuza multiplat.
Yep.
It was supposed to be for PS2 and Xbox, but Microsoft said "wait, that's not a shooter, fuck off".

So if you want to blame someone, blame Microsoft cretins.

yung amiibo

you really need to play yakuza 1 and 2 to have the full effect for 3.

hell fleshing out the tojo and kiryu in 0 makes me appreciate it even more.

Makes sense because Microsoft doesn't really do weebshit like Sony does, but is there sauce for this?

Wasn't it that the PS2 was the most popular in Japan.

Yakuza was the last crutch of Sega after their big hitter XBOX games and ports all failed.

I did, bro. I'm starting 4 right now. I'm not burnt out at all. I have over 60 hours in each of the games.

ok, I'll just wait for Kiwami then