How have they never made a decent game out of Star Trek?

How have they never made a decent game out of Star Trek?

I wish Bioware would give up on ME and make TNG games forever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gJGwEP7AZHg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm surprised there hasn't even been a Star Trek version of Oregon Trail. I can see that, especially with Voyager.

Where is that "shut up Dukat" image

Probably because action was never the focus of Star Trek, it always been more about examining complex philosophical ideas. That doesn't really translate well to video games desu.

there has

Elite Force

>it always been more about examining complex philosophical ideas

It works perfectly for adventure games, which is why 25th anniversary/Judgement rites are the best trek games.

and sometimes, even lesbian sex

I mean it's not ALL that obviously. But it's far more cerebral than say something like Star Wars, which is very "car-chasey" and translates well into interactive media.

You are correct, sadly those types of games have really fallen out of favor

I agree, I'm just poking some fun.

Well, about as complex as you can get when more than half of the series' writers are horny dorks. For every turd of an episode there is a nugget of gold later.

>tfw the only relationships that were believable were the gay fanon ones and Crusher/Picard

the first mass effect is the closest you're going to get.
>wanting neo-bioware touching anything good

but thats wrong

what about it? that scene was about a son and his absent father, and riker's insecurities on the matter

this is why no one liked voyager. the episodes were just super whacky stupid bullshit every episode. there was no deeper meaning to glean from the majority of them. I guess the few of them you could get something from could be considered the actual good ones

>keep calling the pirate captain up and talking shit
>he keeps killing crewmembers
>eventually you lose when Starfleet calls you up and tells you to stop fucking around

>started watching voyager recently
>this episode
>"well that was dumb, but it will probably have some payoff later on!"
>starting S5 already
>no signs of it
it's not going to have a payoff, is it
just like kim and belara abduction/infection in the pilot, right?

the payoff is the doctor. other than being a good actor, his episodes were usually about more than just lol so randum alium xD

Voyager was meant to be a really serious take on Star Trek. With them being alone without help from Star Fleet. Questioning morals and other shit. But in the end the writers either didn't care or was too expensive to keep everything right (like how they would have to repair the ship with different parts from alien ships which would be cool but expensive).
Nothing in Voyager pays off. The only good thing that ever came from Voyager is The Doctor and 7 of 9 (and that was because they basically just did The Doctor arc with 7 of 9 of learning to be human).

Voyager sucks because it's fucking boring and pretty much every character except the Doctor sucks. Threshold is actually kind of fun just because where else are you going to see lizard man Tom Paris kidnap Janeway so he can make salamander babies with her.

did you know 7 of 9s husband during voyager would sell her to various men at swinger bars? I wonder if any of them got her to act like 7 for kinky RP

>voyager, first couple episodes
>they could've just time delayed some tricobalts (why did they have those anyways) and sent themselves back to the beta quadrant
would've been an improvement

>Tng
>good

DS9 is kino. All others are cuck-tier

The Interplay adventure games, Starfleet Academy, & Bridge Commander were all decent

same
i remember people being pretty hype about janeway but the best episodes are still just bad tng episodes
when does she fucking blow up the borg

>leaving out STO

>OROSHKU OMEGA SHEMAS
What did they mean by this?

>when does she fucking blow up the borg
literally the last episode. you've got a long ride ahead of you

>that Voyager episode with Cardassian Joseph Mengle
>they don't know anything about some alien's biology despite all the scans they've run
>so they make a hologram of it and experiment on that

Maybe I missed something because I wasn't really watching but how is making a hologram of something your scanners can't scan going to help you figure out how its organs function. Also why would a Federation science vessel have such complete personality data of a mad doctor that they could make a hologrammatic replica of him. And actually, what was the point of using that specific guy? I don't remember if they said he was a xenobiologist, just that he was there to suggest vivisecting an alien and traumatising the token Bajoran crewmember for the episode

DS9 is great but only if you cut out like 75% of the filler.

TNG had the advantage of most of the filler being fun to watch.

>borg
It felt like every time Voyager reintroduced a TNG thing they always fuck it up somehow. Borg became such a pussy, those multiple Q episodes made no fucking sense, ect. It's like they knew they were shit and just wanted to bring everything along with them.

TNG already set the precedent tbqh. it was more about using knowledge learned from evil means, for good ends. and is avoiding triggering the jews worth burning books for

>tfw just started Star Trek for the first time ever with TNG
>It's fucking great
>everyone says it only gets better
>it has
>tfw 5 more seasons plus the rest of trek

I know it sounds silly but I don't know if I'll like any of the other Trek series as much as TNG. Talk about a lovable cast.

>that episode where the doctor programs a family for himself, the crew finds them too perfect and when Torres adds "a few" randomization subroutines to make things more realistic and he ends up with a wife that doesn't care about him, a Klingon weeabo son who thinks his dad stopping him from randomly shanking people makes him an intolerant asshole because of "muh honor" and a daughter who dies as we find out that Parisi Squares really is that dangerous

From 0 to feels in record time

What was the first person on for PC back in the late 90's early 2000's?

My mate had it and I used to watch him play. We used to freak out at the poster with the big breasted woman in the R&R mission where we could explore the ship.

they should've just let him be happy. he's the perfect doctor, why can't he have a perfect family

>Program the family to be more dysfunctional
>"Hey it's not my problem your kid is dying!"
It was a good idea but man did Voyager know how to fuck up a storyline.

Star Trek: Voyager – Elite Force. I thought it was shit but maybe thats just me

Those muscles are really distracting

>tfw thinking about watching TNG for the first time

The attachment to the series a common feeling to have, I thought nothing else would come close to it until I watched DS9 and that blew my goddamn mind.

I'm glad you're enjoying it user. It's the perfect season to get comfy and binge TNG.

TOS will always be my favorite bridge crew (Best Girl Yar dying to save Worst Girl Troi will always be a -1000000 points to TNG bridge), but TNG is very, very good about making minor characters more fleshed out/lovable.

Gotta be ripped if you want to wrestle Gorn, user

its also voiced by the actual actors. which is the best part

Best actors, best stories, best optimistic depiction of the future. And the pre-SJW liberal mindset... never gonna see that again in media.

I love Shatner's line readings of the obvious wrong dialogue choices in this game where he just acts like a bullying asshole.

I would never want nu-Bioware making games of anything I enjoy.

TOS is honestly my favorite of all the Star Treks. It was of that weird time of wondering about space and connecting humanity to it all. All in that 60's goofiness that had just enough sensarity that it becomes almost believable. Doesn't hurt that TOS was the only one to have good movies. First Contact is alright but nothing compare to the 2, 3, and 4.

Imagine NWN-era Bioware doing it though. That'd be pretty nice, wouldn't it?

its only nice because it'll forever remain fantasy in our heads

>TNG is very, very good about making minor characters more fleshed out/lovable.
>tfw it's a Barclay episdoe

6 is also better than any TNG movie

>there will never be a game set on post-DS9 Earth where we can find out what happened to O'Brien and how much he's suffered as a teacher

>tfw it's a Barclay episdoe
>tfw he shows up in voyager again just to make me hate the show all that much more

>It's a Geordi spills his spaghetti with a girl episode
>It's a Barclay episode
>It's an Odo is too shy to ask Kira out episode
>It's a women want nothing to do with Harry Kim episode

Why would they make a TNG game when the the original series cast is better?
The dynamic between the characters are soooo much better in ToS

>NWN-era Bioware
Even then their writing wasn't Star Trek quality and they were too prone to walls of text.

We were kids, shit games still impressed us then.

As I said They will use TNG stuff but at no point use them well and makes you hate the show more.

Isn't that how Obama got in?

>watching Insurrection
>it's alright, nothing great, but no "Why does God need a starship?"
>Riker orders "manual helm control"
>a joystick pops up

"Star Trek quality" is all over the place though. At its worst, Bioware could probably pull it off today easily. At its best I can't really think of any companies that could handle the nuance of Star Trek competently in the video game format.

obama was sold by michelle at swinger bars?

FTL

>that episode where the predominately female species lures Kim away from Voyager and he makes his escape BEFORE having a threesome with his new wives

And before anyone says that would kill him, it wouldn't. It's the DNA extraction they do after the marriage ceremony. Harry could have gone full Kirk and then escaped, but he went full beta.

Star Trek 5 was pretty bad in a lot of ways. Which is why Shatner line is the only thing people really remember from it. The TNG does a lot of dumb things but its no where near as enjoyable. And worse killing Shatner for no really good reason.

>but he went full beta
That's kind of Herry Kim in a nutshell. No one really knew how to write his character
>The only reason they kept him on was because he won a sexy man of the year award
Voyager was a fucking mistake.

>Picking worst company to do a game about the second worst crew

Ten out of ten

Worst crew is DS9

This was legitimately a good scene
youtube.com/watch?v=gJGwEP7AZHg

>being this wrong (about Trek, not really about Bioware)

You a big Bakula fan, user?

>First Contact
Just Die Hard: Enterprise stretched out into a film

Best theme but no I'm more of a follower of the Janeway

>At its worst, Bioware could probably pull it off today easily.

Bioware writing was never great to begin with, and now all the remotely competent people are gone. They're even using trash writers from DA2 on ME:A.

>"Star Trek quality" is all over the place though.

This 100%. I think so many people mistakenly give Star Trek a pass because of how it makes them feel/think rather than what is on screen only half the time at best.

Not that that's bad, I do it too obviously.

here´s an idea: star trek horror game

>make a game
or
>make a game while paying massive license fees

gee which one should i choose as a developer

So something like Empok Nor from DS9, but in game form? Could be cool.

NWN Bioware wouldn't have been able to pull off good Star Trek, which is the game people would want. What's the point in even bringing up the bad Star Trek? Why would anyone want a Star Trek game based on the bad parts?

Well at least we can agree on the theme.

It's been a long time...

Fucking hell that prison episode.

Also fuck Mile's wife, hated that woman

There have been plenty, but none since Activision dropped the license.

>The Assignment
that shit was fucked up

I find this threads lack of ships disturbing.

That's because actors always work best when they're playing themselves.

The ships are the least important part of Star Trek

Quit complaining, at least your favorite franchise HAS games.

Come say that to my face and not over the intercom and see what happens!

>implying you wouldn't have fucked loli keko who was begging for it

it's a "Riker has to get laid with a sexy alien girl" episode

I just started DS9, and goddamn, even Quark is enjoyable to watch. A fucking Ferengi, and I fucking hate Ferengis.

As of Voyager, there are ships that have holodeck emitters on every room of every deck.

Now think of all the dozens of "holodeck fucks up" and "computer becomes sentient" episodes.

Now apply that to the entire ship and make an entire game out of it.

DS9 does its best to make Ferengi amazing. Still a few stinkers, but at least they're not using electric whips and cackling like they're a race of sci-fi BDSM goblins.

>these sjw undertones
it's ok when star trek does it

star trek already has hundreds of horror episodes, so there's really a lot of options

>that background
IS THAT KANE??