Upcoming Death Battle is Scrooge VS Shovel Knight

>Upcoming Death Battle is Scrooge VS Shovel Knight

They're gonna have Shovel Knight win just because he's the newest indie darling, aren't they?

Scrooge VS Wario would've been better

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L0D0VGomWb4
youtube.com/watch?v=mwzH7eSOwAc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>caring about this

SK will win because he's more popular with the kids

>old Cranky
>would be all for a game without the flashy graphics and sound of modern games

>nu Cranky
>LE POGO BOUNCE

>cartoons fighting each other to death with Mortal Kombat finishers
Why is Death Battle so edgy?

And they'll try to explain it as something stupid like

>Shovel Knight has trained for combat, which gave him the edge over Scrooge, who while more powerful, hasn't had any combat training ever.

DB has a Ducktales bias, so Scrooge will win.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Because they can't write a reason for the characters to actually stop fighting aside from Death. Hell, they can't even give good reasons for the fights to even start.

See the Goku VS Superman fights for the best example. Goku would've asked Superman to spar, not just start a fullblown fight, especially not in the middle of a city.

Eceleb shit
Game Theory tier eceleb shit

Scrooge wins if he goes into King of Klondike mode.

Can you show me a video?

>there are people on Sup Forums right now who watch that shit
Are you 12 or something?

Scrooge
>Pogo
>Swing

Shovel Knight
>Pogo
>Swing
>Propeller Blade
>Chaos Sphere
>Phase Locket
>Flare Wand
>Anchor
>Dust Knuckles
>Mobile Gear
>etc

Since Shovel Knight is clearly better equipped, Scrooge will win without a doubt. He'll beat the shit out of scrooge for a few minutes until they both fall into a spike pit. Only way I can see Shovel Knight winning is some bullshit with the Alchemy Coin playing off Scrooge's greed as a weakness.
Inb4 they give Scrooge the fucking Gizmoduck or some bullshit only found in issue 127 of the Comic

I don't want to

Some popular youtuber making what if fights.
They do pretty chaotic analysis of each fighter in the sense that it's usually total bullshit and throw them against each other.
The strongest one doesn't always win cause they like to pull stunts like they did with superman, making him some kind of representation of justice, amalgam of every superman past present and future.

Did he ever do that after getting old?

I just want to see how cancerous it is, show me one of his fucking videos.

They don't give a fuck about what each character can and can't do. See the Scout VS Tracer vid

He can still channel some badassery from his prime for a short time like at the end of the last chapter of Life and Times.

Sadly he cannot go full King of Klondike mode anymore in his age...

Peach vs Zelda is pretty shit

Peach wins because she played in Mario Soccer

If that's your wish then I guess your best bet is either this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=L0D0VGomWb4
Or this one which was made way before the "infinite power" feat:
youtube.com/watch?v=mwzH7eSOwAc

>especially not in the middle of a city.
Somebody is not keeping up with Dragon ball Super

Doomguy vs Chief which shows poor analogies and Doomguy doesn't even uses one of his most obvious abilities they've mentioned.

Then there's Tracer vs Scout which is like Doom and Chief but worse.

Remind me again why people are so into this lame clickbait. Death Battle has proven time and time again it just pulls shit out of it's ass and is overall inaccurate, why are there so many treads discussing it?

something involving a roster, a teeth and a pillar

>Tracer V Scout
Tracer won because of some bullshit reason

>the most popular is going to win because hes the most popular, isnt he?
yup

Usually the less popular wins because you get more rage and more views

>Implying that scout ever stood a chance against Tracer

Because it's meant to resolve autistic "who would beat who" arguments.
They were more accurate before they brought new writers on board. Season 3 had some of the worst reasoning for winners yet

Tracer because they ignored almost everything about Scout, and decided "Oh we don't really know about everything Tracer can do yet"

Tracer survived getting hit with the home-run despite it being a one-hit kill, and Tracer still used her Rewind shit even though her chrono accelerator thing was busted.

Sometimes we like to discuss how bullshit it is, and even go through better scenarios. Shit, if we could ever complete a project that isn't a fucking musical, I'm sure some of us would've made a much better "What if X fought Y" series, and they wouldn't be shit.

Scrooge has fought with medieval weapons more times than anyone cares to count.

>They have a team that does the research
>the team doesn't fucking matter because animators and writer have whoever they want win

Why does the team exist again?

I hope Shovel Knight gets his ass kicked and then Plague Knight comes in and steals the show

>more times than anyone cares to count.

Which is exactly why they won't count it

>Yes, he has used weapons before, but he mostly just swinging them in rage with no proper training.

If the homerun bat is a ohko then what's the point of the Spy? Why not run and doublejump into the enemy base and start batting?

There is no research. The winner is whomever they believe to be more popular.

I would say that the show has gotten less accurate since they brought the new research team on board. Listening to them is the reason Tracer won.
And the animators have no say over the winner, they literally just animate what they're told to in order to showcase both characters.

I can't wait for the One-Minute Melee featuring Scrooge and Wario, which shits all over this

Scrooge should win, but Shovel Knight is still cool.

>The winner is whomever they believe to be more popular.
Ryu vs. Scorpion, Ryu vs. Strider, Samus vs. Boba Fett, Darth Vader vs. Doctor Doom, Luigi vs. Tails.
If anything the less popular character wins more often (though that clearly isn't a rule either.)

moral of this thread: whoever wins, we lose

This is what i hate the most.
>peach once kicked a soccer ball so hard i lit on fire and went 200 feet in the air. THIS MEANS SHE HITS WITH THE FORCE OF A FALLING METEOR.
No it means shes a cartoon character that did a cartoonishly outrageous thing. I doesn't matter though they'll ignore the some things to have a character win. Like bayonetta out pacing angel cars that can make travel across a world that is 1000s of times larger than earth in a day, which would make her way faster than dante

wolverine vs raiden and spiderman vs batman kinda counts as well.

Peach vs. Zelda is completely accurate if you ignore that soccer ball bullshit. Zelda is reliant on magic, and Peach has a spell that inflicts Mute on a target. There's really nothing Zelda could do if Peach did that. In fact, in general Zelda really has done jack shit in canon aside from occasionally shoot a bow. The only reason she even had offensive magic in the battle was because of Smash.

I like shovel knight because Im not nostalgiafag and I can appreciate new things

Wolverine vs. Raiden for sure, but I would be hard pressed to consider Batman more popular than Spider-Man. It's hard to say though, considering how iconic both characters are.

Shovel Knight has a very small amount of content versus Scrooge

They'll give Scrooge the victory, citing the most outrageous thing he ever did.

Donkey Kong won over knuckles because in a throwaway cutscene DK punched the moon into the Earth

Giant anime titties

THICC

Who are the other two artists that draw exactly the same as this?

I really wanted to see Wario VS Scrooge. They could've started it with Wario breaking into the Money Bin, going against all the traps in true treasure hunter style with Scrooge masterminding the machinery. It'd end with showdown between worn-down but still insanely strong Wario, and old but skilled Scrooge.
Scrooge has Gyro on his side, who can whip up zillions of crazy gadgets and machines for him.

>Still no deathbattle between Featherine Augustus Aurora and Elder God Demonbane
baka

Kunaboto has kinda similar style. Except with too much focus on armpit- and pubic-hair.

Let's list every bullshit death battle

>Complete bullshit
Gaara vs. Toph

>Mostly bullshit
Master Chief vs. Doom Marine
Pikachu vs. Blanka
Bayonetta vs. Dante
Hulk vs. Doomsday
Cammy vs.Sonya

>Right character won, but for bullshit reasons
Kirby vs. Buu
Peach vs. Zelda
Wolverine vs. Raiden

I mean DK also clapped meteors into non-existence and deadlifted a large ship out of the water while standing on it (somehow). Weren't Knuckle's really absurd powers comic only and retconned, anyway?

it might have been game-theory but GT is just so shit and so far gone i don't think much else can match it.

at this point if mat were to somehow lose his wife to some other guy and/or lose his money or some shit like that he'd end up at dobson or even CWC tier, that's how bad he is. it would be fucking hilarious though.

Scrooge really hasn't done that many outrageous things in comics as old man, though. Yes, he wins over the villains, but unlike his younger days when he was destroying steamboats and riding on lions, he wins with wits and is commonly overcome in bouts of strenght.

has he ever, or can he, temporarily regress his age to that younger state?

>Scrooge looses because he's old lol
That would piss me off if that wasn't par for the course for Death Battle recently.

>Actually watching this shit.
Don't stay up too late watching Filthy Frank kids, you've got middle school in the morning.

and then you remember zelda is sheik (at least one version of her is) and that she should still kick Peach's ass in cqc. also, since when does peach have a mute spell?

Joke's on you, I only watch this shit because it tickles my nostalgia bone for those old, shitty flash animations of vs. debates.
Whatever happened to that guy that made that Ryu vs. Scorpion and Akuma vs. Chameleon videos? Those were neat.

Only time I can recall that happening is when Beagle Boys stole an invention from Gyro that let them invade Scrooge's dreams, and they ended up getting fucked over by Yukon-era Scrooge. But that only happened in a dream, which they willingly entered.
Donald gets occasionally "aged down" to his early animation persona when he was more of a trouble maker, so that is a thing in Duckverse(is that a thing?) but again, I don't remember anything of sort happening with Scrooge.

Scrooge does have a shot, but not due to bullshit powers that would've come up in comics. It's established that he's past his physical prime, but has grown all the more cunning through the years.

I'm so tired of these stupid "WHO WULD WIN" battles.

>People ask Kamiya who would win, Dante or Bayo
>Kamiya says Dante would be a smear of blood the second the fight started
>Faggot fan video comes out
>Dante wins

Bunch of stupid shit, all of it.

So

Kunaboto and Metal Owl. Surely there's one more?

Kamiya didn't even give a serious answer. He gave a joke answer when asked.

Death of the author, artistic licence, it's just a theory bro, blah blah blah.
Now give me the Youtube ad money.

ero_doll

To be fair, that was when Kamiya was actively involved in Bayonetta and had long since moved on from Devil May Cry. Though I do agree Bayonetta would win.

having read most of the Scrooge comics, Scrooge should win hands down

Nigga did so much crazy ass shit in those.

>Bayonetta vs. Dante
>Hulk vs. Doomsday
>Pikachu vs. Blanka

>Raiden winning
>Bullshit reason

peach vs zelda wasn't bad can't really say its wrong ether because zelda has like no feats. But you see the point im getting at right

>Someone who only had imput on Dante for one game.

lel

kunaboto was previously ero_doll

This is also valid, the Dante everyone loves is not the one Kamiya made.

Huh. Most sites have the names as separate tags. You'd think they wouldn't do that.

death battles are shit, they are animated horribly, and their whole purpose is what if my favorite won.

How are thise things related? Scrooge pogo bounced in a fucking NES game, and I bet Cranky was damn good at it too.

>I don't care about Bayo or Dante but they did overlook some major stuff on Bayo's end.
>Hulk being limited by normal human psychology goes against established Hulk feats (World War Hulk could have never happened if Hulk could only stay angry for a few hours), also let's be real Doomsday became a complete jobber after Death of Superman.
>Pikachu has generated enough voltage to destroy god damned islands and stone temples in the anime. Blanka can eat electric eels without dying. Comparing Pikachu's electric output to an electric eel's is kind of dumb.

>Raiden really shouldn't be able to cut adamantium, oversized vibrators be damned. He would sooner win by drowning Wolverine than by cutting him into bits. I mean it's still clearly Raiden's win, but still.

Well, he drank from the fountain of youth once. That's probably how he lived to be like 120 years old.

in SMRPG she had a mute spell

>Death Battles

Who gives a fuck? They've already shown with Dante vs Bayonetta that they don't give a fuck what the research team decides and will just pick who wins based off what's more entertaining.

>They started listening to the research team shortly after that
>The show actually got worse, and one of the most hated results happened.
Loving Every Laugh.

didn't dante have magic-canceling shit at one point though? i'd think that would be bad for Bayo, along with the fact that witches apparently summon demons and such for power and Dante kills them on the regular.