Best bosses in every Dark Souls game

DS1: 8 good bosses. (The original and least refined in terms of bosses, but there are still a few)
Artorias
Four Kings
Gaping Dragon
Gwyndolin
Iron Golem
Manus
Ornstein & Smough
Quelaag

DS2: 15 good bosses (Had the most bosses and DLC with replenished budgets from selling the base game, so there are bound to be more)
Afflicted Graverobbers
Aged Smelter Demon
Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin (Especially in the Throne of Want 3 boss gauntlet)
Darklurker
Demon of Song
Elana, the Squalid Queen
Executioner's Chariot
Fume Knight
Burnt Ivory King
Looking Glass Knight
Nashandra (Especially in the Throne of Want 3 boss gauntlet)
Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon
Sir Alonne
Throne Watcher & Defender (Especially in the Throne of Want 3 boss gauntlet)
Velstadt

DS3: 10 good bosses (Has the least but by far the most memorable and satisfying bosses in the series, even those that didn't make the list, and more in The Ringed City I expect)
Abyss Watchers
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods
Champion Gundyr
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
Father Ariandel & Sister Friede
Twin Princes Lothric & Lorian
Nameless King
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Soul of Cinder
Yhorm the Giant

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HSY-c1hhtBM
youtube.com/watch?v=sur4qN_4Oi8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Yhorm the Giant
>good

You forgot Bloodborne

>best bosses in every Dark Souls game

What about Demon's Souls? It has Souls in the name at least

>Dark Souls 2
>Good bosses
Aahahhaahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhaaaahhhhaaaahhahhaahahahahahahaha

can you play through DS3 as a pure caster?

>DS1
Gargoyles, Nito, Sif, Kalameet are good.
>DS2
Graverobbers are bad. I enjoy the fight too, but it's literally just fighting three NPCs. Aldia and Nashandra are both unremarkable. I get that it's the point in Nashandra's case, it just isn't well done.
Sinner is good as long as you fight her without light, Sentinels too. Pursuer is great. Big Cat and 2cat are good.
>DS3
Yhorm is terrible.

sort of, but only with a few of the same spells all other casters/pyros/miracle users will be using. casting really got gimped in ds3. miracles are trash except for 1 or 2 like lightning storm, only pyros worth using are chaos fire orb and vestiges, if you used hexes in ds1/ds2, you're going to have a terrible time in ds3 because the only dark sorcery worth using is affinity, which is utter bs

DS1
>Artorias
>Manus
>O&S
>Quelaag

DS2
>Executioner's Chariot
>Sir Alonne

DS3
>Sister Friede
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
>Soul of Cinder
>Lothric+Lorain
>Abyss Watchers

Fixed for you.

>Four Kings
>Gaping Dragon
>Quelaag
>good

DeS
>False King Allant
>Maneaters
>Tower Knight
>Penetrator
>Maiden Astraea
>somewhat Storm King

DS1
>Gargyoles
>Quelaag
>Iron Golem
>Four Kings
>Artorias
>Kalameet
>Manus

DS2
>Pursuer
>Ruin Sentinels
>Sinner
>Executioner's Chariot
>(Aged) Smelter
>Looking Glass Knight
>Velstadt
>Darklurker
>Elana
>Sinh
>Fume Knight
>Sir Alonne
>Aava
>Ivory King

DS3
>Abyss Watchers
>Champion Gundyr
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
>Nameless King
>Twin Princes
>Dancer
>Soul Of Cinder
>Dragonslayer Armor

>Four Kings

>make Storm Ruler do a lot less dmg to Yhorm
>make him harder to stagger with SR
There, I fixed the boss fight and it's now top tier.

You have good taste. Though, did you forget O&S?

This is irrefutable. Didn't include a bunch of DaS2 bosses because I didn't kill them

No, I personally don't like them and think they are massively overrated just because they're arguably the most difficult boss in the game. Fight bores me to no end.

>DS3
>Has the least but by far the most memorable and satisfying bosses in the series

DaS3 had the worst, blandest\boring bosses to date. I've put 200 hours into the game and I can't even remember most of the bossfights.

>no mention of DeS

quickest way to spot an 18 year old shitter

But to be fair, bosses were Demon's Souls weakpoint.

You're thinking of DaS.

>Gaping Dragon
>Iron Golem
>Afflicted Graverobbers
>Aged Smelter Demon
>Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin
>Demon of Song
>Executioner's Chariot
>Nashandra

>Good bosses

Artorias was too disappointedly easy to be good.

Dark Souls is miles ahead in terms of bosses. Demon's had the better levels though.

DaS1 -
>Four Kings
>GGWS
>Artorias
>Manus
>Sanctuary Guardian

DaS2 & SotFS -
>The Pursuer
>Looking Glass Knight
>Lost Sinner
>Demon of Song
>Darklurker
>Fume Knight
>Ivory King
>Ser Alonne

DaS3 -
>Dancer
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
>????????????

DaS1 > SotFS > BB > DeS > DaS3 > DaS2

Then let's start judging them and discussing them on a game by game basis starting with DeS

>Phalanx
I don't think anyone is legitimately going to say anything about this one
>Tower Knight
Fun until you realize he dies in around 5 hits to the head
>Penetrator
Arguable, he's the first legitimate duel with a "guy in armor" type in the series. Biorr can make him a cakewalk though
>Armor Spider
Once again, get to its face and wreck it.
>Flamelurker
Definitely a good one, the aggressive sort of boss that the other games would work off of
>Fool's Idol
Weak, never in a honest hurry to kill you. Only interesting gimmick is the guy who revives her if you didn't kill him
>Man Eaters
Decent fight but the only real problem with it being how long you have to wait to make them get down to fight, maybe more of an atmospheric thing
>Adjudicator
Same deal with the others, hit weakspot and becomes way too easy
>Old Hero
Thief's Ring breaks the fight but he's generally blind enough to be easily avoided and doesn't put that much pressure on you
>Leechmonger
Forgettable, dies to fire
>Dirty Colossus
Same deal as Leechmonger

Archdemons
>False King
Easily the best boss in the game.
>Dragon King
Puzzle boss, not all that fun in the first run
>Old Monk
Depends if its the PVP battle or the AI battle
>Storm King
Definitely loses its luster after the first fight
>Maiden Astraea
Either cheese Astraea from afar or try to get hits on her and avoid Garl or just a duel against Garl
>Old King Allant
Thematic boss if nothing else

Any thoughts?

You're 100% correct.
I really liked Fool's idol the first time, though. Felt like a gimmick boss done right, and the design is good.
Armor Spider was the most difficult boss for me at first.

I feel like the Crystal Sages did that gimmick of spam spells, make clones, and teleport away a bit better. Definitely a lot more aggressive and you didn't have the entire fleet of chairs and pews to take the hits for you.

If you didn't think Gaping Dragon and Iron Golem were rad as hell on your first playthrough then you're a fool

Iron Golem just stands there and does nothing.

Golem was great.
Gaping Dragon was such a disappointment because I remembered seeing him from the trailers and yet he turned out to be so passive.

Honestly, most of the dragon fights in DS1 are easy as hell and the only "tough" parts about them are getting their tails.

I think Ceaseless Discharge is the best boss in the entire Souls series.

Maybe in some regards, but what that fight is lacking are the movement restrictions. Fool's Idol creates these traps which I really didn't figure out at first, and you can't just rush in.

This is what bothered me about Crystal Sage. Attack him, he disappears, then you just immediately run up to the next one and attack him. It's over too quickly and you don't need to be nearly as careful. The fight would be much better if it wasn't just a flat arena, running up to him was difficult, and he created traps on the ground like Fool's Idol.

>Asylum Demon/Stray Demon/Demon Firesage
Pretty standard, big swings and easily avoidable
>Taurus Demon/Capra Demon
Intro stage bosses that become regular enemies. Taurus Demon only swings once and is easily avoidable. Capra can be dealt with and the only real enemies in that boss fight encounter are the dogs
>Gargoyle
Average, not great. Forgiving since the 2nd gargoyle is not only half health but has piss poor HP in total anyway
>Gaping Dragon
Honestly a disappointment with how cool it looks. Just a big damage sponge most of the time it just has its face on the ground letting you slap it a bit before it gets moving.
>Moonlight Butterfly
Dodge projectiles, hit face
>Quelaag
Fair HP pool and a decent number of attacks.
>Ceaseless Discharge
Take potshots at its arms or let him fall, not all that great
>Pinwheel
Forgettable, similar deal to Fool's Idol since its only gimmick is clones
>Sif
Stay underneath the legs, the usual type of deal with a quadruped beast boss. Can do nothing but reposition itself if you do stay under the legs.
>Iron Golem
Variable since you can get lucky and have him fall off the roof but he can also catch you in front of him and do the same.
>Ornstein and Smough
The aggressive duo that constantly attack you compared to the Man Eaters that usually just flew around. One takes the other's soul and enters the second phase. First of its type but doable

Lord Souls
>Seathe
Cut off his tail, punch him in the balls. Might be annoying with his curse.
>Bed of Chaos
Puzzle fight platformer
>Nito
Easy on his own, only real trouble comes with the skeleton aggro
>Four Kings
DPS Race which only becomes a challenge once NG+ happens.
>Gwyn
Parryable but an absolute aggression monster

DLC
>Sanctuary Guardian
Aside from getting it's tail, definitely a bit more challenging than a good chunk of the bosses in the base game
>Artorias
Poke him to death. Standard duel where you can stop his significant buffs. Flashy but alright
>Kalameet
Cutting the tail is the toughest part
>Manus
Probably the best "non-humanoid" fight so far. Aggressive as hell, limited movement space, and magicks.

>ignoring Sanctuary Guardian and Kalameet in 1

Throne Watcher and Defender were dull as shit, dude.

>Dark Souls game

Pinwheel had attacks?

Every DS1 boss is good except Bed of Chaos, Seath, and Ceaseless Discharge.

>Gaping Dragon
>Gwyndolin
>Afflicted Graverobbers
>Demon of Song
>Elana, the Squalid Queen
>Executioner's Chariot
>Nashandra
>Throne Watcher & Defender
>Yhorm the Giant

Nigga what. Those are terrible bosses. Except some of them were pretty cool design-wise.

four kings NG+ is the hardest boss from any souls game.

>equip havels
>hug them
>spam attacks
Damn son, that was hard.

Not from the start

>scoops you up
>purple magic hugging attack
>75% health gone
>hit you again in the middle of drinking estus

gg

nothing can stop my sippies

>>Leechmonger
>Forgettable, dies to fire
>>Dirty Colossus
>Same deal as Leechmonger

Oh I will never forget them, I will forever remember them as the laughable two literal piles of shit that you can defeat by just slamming your cock on the controller.

Calling it now, Ringed City will put DS3 above DS1, SotFS, DeS and Bloodborne

Forgot Gwyndolin and Priscilla.
Gwyndolin is piss easy and Priscilla ain't all that hard with her footsteps gimmick

I have to agree with OP. It had a gimmick, but it actually worked and wasn't a grind/luck fest. Trying to beat Yhorm solo on your first attempt is pretty crazy.

Eh on NG+ or SL0 you just have to learn them instead of offing them instandly.

Not that bad actually.

>graverobbers
>aldia
>chariot
>nashandra
>throne watchers

Subtle bait, almost fell for it
Nice

>Dragon Riders
Shit, even if there's two
>Last Giant
Reminiscent of Tower Knight but just slashing his ankles will kill. Has nothing to get you out between its feet
>Pursuer
Decent enough with flashy moves to catch some people off guard. Not the most difficult one.
>Old Dragonslayer
Shows how weak Ornstein on his own is
>Flexile Sentry
Not worth mentioning, the other side remains completely idle since only one side remains "active" unless they do a combination attack
>Sentinels
Not all that memorable, you can deal with one easily and their winds up are big enough to read.
>Gargoyles
Same fight but with just more gargoyles to deal with. Hardly memorable.
>Lost Sinner
Just a regular fight with swordsman in the dark, can just negate the dark for an extra easier time.
>Skeleton Lords
Piss easy
>Chariot
One of the better puzzle fights honestly. But a puzzle fight is still a puzzle fight and gets tedious after the first time. Granted, it can be killed in two ways
>Covetous Demon
Shit
>Mytha
Poison is the only thing interesting about this boss and its gimmick
>Smelter
Aside from being a noob killer, it doesn't really have problems aside from just being another swordsman in armor.
>Old Iron King
Just don't get caught falling in the lava
>Najka
Quelaag but only with magic and burrowing.
>Magus/Congregation
Not even a boss fight
>Duke's Dear Freja
Armor Spider with some annoying little spiders to deal with and a large area to fight it in
>Royal Rat Vanguard/Authority
Shitton of rats and big animal that can't do anything about you getting underneath it's legs. Toxic rats are the scarier parts of the fight
>The Rotten
Watch out for the fire

>Trying to beat Yhorm solo on your first attempt is pretty crazy.
>deal no damage
>see item at the end
Gee I wonder what to do. The difficulty on the first try specifically was sifting through your inventory to swap to the right weapon.

>Iron Golem
stopped reading there

I used power within and killed each one before the next one showed up

>LGK
Guy in armor, fun gimmick but understandable if not interesting enough
>Demon of Song
Hit it when its got its fleshy bits out
>Velstadt
Not a swordsman but essentially the same. Nowhere near enough moves to make him all that interesting
>Vendrick
More of a test of patience than a boss fight.
>Guardian Dragon
Finnicky on the whole breath fire part but other than that, same tactic as Last Giant
>Ancient Dragon
Like Vendrick, test of patience
>Giant Lord
Last Giant redux
>Throne Guardian/Watcher
Ornstein and Smough without the 2nd phase and just have two swordsman
>Nashandra
Curse balls
>Darklurker
Best boss in the base game

>Trying to beat Yhorm solo on your first attempt is pretty crazy.
>deal no damage
>see item at the end

I didn't try to pick up the item until I killed him and managed first try.

Astora Greatsword +9, keep rolling until he staggers and then stab his head. Was actually one of the more fun bosses to learn

Lothric can go fuck himself for being a shit boss.

>Lothric can go fuck himself for being a shit boss.
Why exactly?

Gaping Dragon wasn't rad as hell for anyone unless they were mentally retarded, Once you realize the boss only has 4 attacks it becomes a massive fucking snooze fest of waiting for the dragon to charge, hitting it, watching it spurt acid, and then repeating.

Iron Golem can be a super shitty boss too, its grab hitbox is borked and sometimes it just stands there and does nothing. Other times it simply walks off the edge of its own arena. Iron Golem is seriously flawed and suffers from being in a super shitty arena- I mean, even its first fucking attack shows how poorly designed the boss is. It uses its axe to range attack you but it's actually impossible for the projectile to ever hit you, it always hits the center of the arena where the elevation is slightly higher.

We can all at least agree that Bed of Chaos is pretty much the worst bossfight in the series right?

and probably in the PS3 in general.

>Elana
What Nashandra should have been
>Sinh
Best Dragon fight
>Gank Trio
Counter gank in PVE form
>Fume
Best sort of swordsman boss so far, greatest amount of varying attack strings
>Alonne
Not as many strings as Fume but has the speed
>Aged Smelter
Now with more swing delays
>Aava/Lud-Zallen
Okay at first but just gets old and uninteresting with the other two.
>Ivory King
Better spectacle than an actual boss fight.
>Aldia
Attack when no fire, run like hell every other second

DS1/DS2 is filled with shitty bosses, Bed of Chaos is pretty fucking lame but nothing ever makes up for the fact that Crystal Cove and Seath is just fucking dog shit.

>Gaping Dragon
>Iron Golem
>Gwyndolin
Eh
Sanctuary Guardian, Kalameet, even Capra are better than these.
>Afflicted Graverobbers
>Demon of Song
>Elana, the Squalid Queen
>Nashandra
What the fuck are you even doing
>Yhorm the Giant
pls, Bort, Dragonslayer Armor and even regular Gundyr are miles better. And honestly I think those are all excellent fights.

I maintain that Pinwheel is a reasonably fun boss placed way too late in the game. As someone who went to the catacombs with my +1 mace after ringing the first bell I feel I happened upon him at the level they originally intended. He seems pretty simple initially but (especially on a first run) you begin to panic a little as your damage output barely keeps up with the clone spawns, leaving little time for estus or boss damage. Don't get me wrong, he's a joke under any other circumstances, but having the walls of this little coffin blocked out on all sides by a smug necromancer and his buddies remains in my mind as one of the more memorable moments from my first blind run of DS1.

>Demon of Song
Genuinely the first time in a long while I went in blind into a game and got that nightmare fuel feeling. If every boss did that in DS2 it would be an infinitely better game. I think DS3 tries to do it but instead comes off as enchanting and aesthetically beautiful more than anything else

>ds3 bosses
>good
I finished game on the 60sl because I was afraid to be overleveled for coop back then, and the only boss with 1 hit kill attack was fucking nameless king dragon
Instant estus and stamina regen made every boss braindead
Than fucking estus is faster than blood vials, it's really makes you think

Is op's pic the last boss?

wow OP, usually people shit all over DS2. it's the only souls game with any replayability whatsoever. DS3 boss grind would be so much better if they learned from DS2 and put actual changes into NG+, but all they do is upgrade rings/soul items. Fume Knight, Ivory King, Sir Alonne are absolutely top-tier with SoC, Nameless King, Artorias, Manus, Sinh is an actual dragon fight for once (wtf were they thinking with Ancient Dragon in DS3?!), the shards of Manus were at least interesting, and Executioner's Chariot tried to be unique for once. recruiting all those knights for Ivory King was by far the best memory and time with a boss I have for a Souls game, and Sir Alonne has the best boss track out of DS1 and 2. i can actually stomach going through all the other shitty bosses in DS2 because they actually change it up in your next playthrough, can't say the same for any other Souls game

there aren't enough iron golem webms in the world
truly, a more magnificent boss was never crafted

>dark souls 1 intro voice
Yes, indeed.

Soul of Cinder is the worst final boss in any of the Souls games. Even fucking Nashandra was plot important and somewhat creative.

>Fuck, we forgot to write a final boss into the story.
>Let's just throw in Dark Link.
>And then reuse Gwyn.
>Let's make him stumble like a drunk fuck every three hits; that'll really intimidate people.
>Every time you hit him, he should change weapons like that one friend you have that sucks at fighting games who keeps losing, switching characters, and saying "that one didn't really count now I'm serious".

>Nashandra
>Just slap her curse orbs away and she's basically a faster Nito
Looks like shit too. Soul of Cinder was the greatest final boss in the Dark Souls franchise.

>literally an NPC invasion with no buildup or lore relevance was the greatest final boss in the Dark Souls franchise.

Just like the rest of DaS3, it's an utterly appalling lack of creativity. If decent combat was all I wanted from a game, I sure as hell wouldn't be playing Dark Souls.

>Muh novelty
What a retard.

I'm kinda sad that that from Dark Souls forward the boss music became so samey between bosses.

youtube.com/watch?v=HSY-c1hhtBM

>Soul of Cinder is the worst final boss in any of the Souls games
shitpost central

What else does Souls combat have going for it?

Get that lame shit out of my ears and listen to this
youtube.com/watch?v=sur4qN_4Oi8

3-5 kangs is not a good bossfight Neither is sissy longcorridor

>Gank squad
>good

What the fuck
DS2 actually does have some good bosses, Fume Knight is one of my favorite in the series. But Graverobbers does not belong on any list except of terrible things.

A lot of DS music may seem samey, but it sure as fuck isn't whatever than basic amateur-tier composition is

Can someone please post the Das3 build roll pic please.

I liked it better back when it was a stage boss in Demon Souls.

It's terrible as a final boss.

I liked them because it had the fast paced moment-by-moment combat you'd expect from an actual gank, but because it's AI it wasn't as bullshit as dealing with three actual humans.

>Playing pic related the first time in 2009
That was quite enjoyable desu

I don't have it saved, but it was something like this, I think:

0-9: Straight Sword.
Dubs: Magic.

Straight Sword? Not longsword?

You get to choose which straight sword you want.

Yeah, it was fun. It also didn't have this shitty community back then. But Demon's Souls still has the worst bosses, or the least amount of good ones.

Holy shit, I'm playing through DS2 and I've beaten quite a few bosses already but none of them was on that list. How many bosses does that game have? Are all the good ones left for last?

There's like 30+ including DLC where most of those are from.

>Four Kings
>good
since when?

What is lmao2cats?

Its my first souls game (not counting Bloodborne) and I'm actually enjoying my time. Is the DLC as good as people say it is?

>dude let's put the full red eye behind the dps/hp level check boss
The one boss you can't beat with just skill and have to level dump to beat, fucking whoreshit.
Can twink oh smo with pure skill on my second try like a quarter of the recommended level but can't stand a chance to four kings. So much for "git gud"

you can go ahead and take yhorm off there

Yes, better than the main game and some of the best bosses Dark Souls has to offer. If you like DS2, you'll love the DLC's.

>executioner's chariot
>a good boss fight

All 3 DLC in DS2 are stellar compared to even the best areas in the base game and so far the best in the entire series together