Switch or no

Should I buy a Switch or wait?

I own a Wii U and want to play botw

wait.
buy or pirate it on wii u instead.

unless you have a wii u, or are a zelda fag, wait.

Playing in 22fps is no different from playing in 26 fps.

Im kind of leaning towards waiting. Ive never bought a console on launch and its kind of exciting to think about. Go down to the store and see how hyped people are. Shit post on here about how much im enjoying the console. I dont even know if i can find on without a pre order

Buy it, it looks fun as fuck desu senpai

Are you just trying to shill? Why should i buy one now? I mean, i will, i just need more reason than a game i can play on my wii u. And before you say mk8, i csn play that on wii u. Same with splatoon. Sure, they are a little different. But still about the same

get it on wii u and wait till more games come out for switch. get it in a splatoon 2 or mario oddysey bundle further down the line

Not that user, but why would you ask for advice and then be a dick about the reply? Has Sup Forums hijacked your personality that hard?

>I own a Wii U
Debate stops here. Don't.

seems like you already made up your mind, don't get the switch yet.

Im just asking a question. Some people here do try to shill, BUY NINTENDO NO MATTER WHAT just asking if hes that guy.

Ive shilled the wii u here before

Just trying to make sure i havent missed anything

Except he didn't say BUY IT NO MATTER WHAT, he literally just said it looks like fun. You should take off your Sup Forums-spectacles and learn to just enjoy things.

MK8 and Splatoon online (the best parts) will both be dead after their Switch counterparts come out.

>Zelda BOTW looks way better on Switch
>Shovel Knight DLC looks great and is coming to Switch first
>Snipperclips looks like a blast at launch
>Splatoon 2 demo a few weeks after launch

Switch.

I own a wii u, I'm waiting

Im switching to PS4. Gonna play Zelda on my Wii U. Nintendo is dead to me.

Because you could probably use it to get laid while it's fresh and new. But if you wait then someone else will have it and she'll have seen it before and it won't be fresh.

My plan is to pirate it (ticket when) and if it's worth the money, pick it up whenever I get a switch. I don't see a point in getting a system at least until Odyssey releases

I have a preorder and at this point I'm thinking of selling. I'd wait and see how the reviews are.

I'm really disturbed about reading the information on the Switch.

>uses a GPU that should use a fan, but people who have tested it says it doesn't have one (even with the underclock a fan would be needed at least for the docked clock speed).
>underclocks the GPU to 1/3 full power in portable mode. when docked the dev can go to a 70% of reference clock speed mode, but that's up to the dev
>went with the Tegra X1 rather than the X2 to reap the inherent efficiency and performance improvements, probably because NVIDIA offloaded them for cheap
This is a recipe for shit frame rates...

Switch is gonna flop

Just play BoTW on Wii U and wait for the inevitable price slash when Nintendo panics

I sold my Wii U and accessories/games on eBay literally the day before the Switch presentation. I knew I'd be getting it and the Wii U was a letdown for me. If you want the Switch, get it. If you don't, don't. Don't let Sup Forums make even the smallest decision for you.

>(even with the underclock a fan would be needed at least for the docked clock speed).
Not when docked mode is only 70% of max. You're talking about a Tegra, 7W power draw is like nothing. Passive cooling is likely all you need

Yeah, but the 7W on the tegra is one thing, then you have the Cortex A57 and that's an additional 7W @ 1.9GHZ.

Do you know what a SoC is? The Tegra has the ARM CPUs and 256 cuda cores all on one chip

I'll have to eat crow on that one, I didn't realize the Tegra X1 was System on Chip, I thought they were separate CPU/GPU in the switch.

Do you have a Wii U? If not, buy a switch.

Otherwise, just wait a few months.

Only like four or five of you gave an actual answer while everyone is fretting over the specs. The specs aren't the point of the console you fucking trogs

If Nintendo does not adequately cool the system or is overaggrevssive in the underclock, you WILL get low framerates/framerate dips due to throttling (either by the underclock or thermal management). Videos of Zelda on Switch show framerate dips to 20FPS or below. For a launch title made by the hardware creator, that's fucking ABYSMAL (generally first party games are more optimized than third parties).

If it plays games portably but crappily then the console will be a massive disappointment.

I guess my love of Bethesda games have made me used to shitty fps because I'm perfectly willing to deal with it. It's almost like Nintendo hasn't ever made a true open world before or something.

why would you spend money on video games

Buy it at launch because buying things feels good and makes the depression go away. Hahahaha....

I don't think there will be throttling, I think it's underclocked pretty aggressively so that it doesn't have to throttle

Frame dips are natural when you're pushing the hardware to the max. Every so often you have too many elements on the screen or effects or what not and the hardware can't keep up

It's definitely depressing that "pushing hardware to the max" is 900p/30fps for a game like BotW

Im not a criminal

>tfw don't like open world meme games
>all we have is a marryo in like 8 months

>I own a Wii U
>unless you have a wii u
Nigger...

No one reads. It gets in the way of shit posting

>Shit post on here about how much im enjoying the console.

I do that without even buying consoles
>My Switch is awesome, haven't any of you fags gotten your Switch early yet?

Month 3 will dictate whether switch flops.

I want it to flop, to see how a desparate nintendo develops games.

You already can through Sega.

If you have the money and like nintendo videogames get a switch. That's the only correct answer.

>I want it to flop, to see how a desparate nintendo develops games.
What does this even mean? You want them to make shitty games?

Yes he does.
You're a fucking idiot.

Wow, the Switch is way more wide than I thought.

>people thinking this'll replace 3DS
you can out the 3DS in a pocket. The Switch is almost as wide as a fucking laptop.

You and me both.
I mean, dead to me until it has over 2 games revealed that I want to play, but still.

Too bad there's no other way it could be portable...
>Glances at messenger bag

I doubt it. With Mario releasing by holidays, I'd imagine that's the real launch for the system, for a good part of people interested.

when companies are put under pressure, good things happen.

n64 cartridges
gamecube lack of online
ps3 launch
xbone drm

Too bad this isn't /r/edit
>smugly smirks

> Only reddit users have the cognitive ability to use their resources intelligently

???

That's the case in hardware, not software

nintendo software sales were at it's peak even during the worst year for wii u.

Get it on your WiiU and wait
Play your fill of the game and then just emulate it on your PC when you want to revisit

Why am I more hyped about Snipperclips than BOTW? I think I'll buy the Switch together with Snipperclips once both are out and wait it out.
Or buy BOTW, play it through and sell it 10 dollars cheaper than retail.

Irrelevant, most of the games had cut content and were rushed out the door because of it

I'm hyped as fuck for the midnight launch. Plus I need my Mario Kart 8 Deluxe fix anyways so I might as well buy it now.

And Breath of the Wild isn't being rushed out the door?

Kek it's been in development since 2011. Delayed multiple times. Rushed out the door indeed.

BoTW is the one game where this wasn't the case and we're really lucky that they decided not to.

Snipperclips requires a friend or a partner. Which most of these v/irgins lack.

It can be played in single player

I can't think of anything more heartbreaking. Do you need a hug?

Buy or pirate on WiiU

There is no difference at all in the games other than sounds.
The performance is the same, the fps is the same.
Only difference is you get 900p 30fps on the TV switch.
Other than that they are both the same game.
Don't give in to retard on here that believe
>Better system must mean it's better run
When Nintendo have already given out the differences and it doesn't mention any graphics.

just pirate it and when the DLC comes out pirate that shit too