I had dream about my wife. She was dead. But it was alright

I had dream about my wife. She was dead. But it was alright.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iH5jDUtQllk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"so, this is how max. pain feels like"
wtf remedy

Will there ever be a game that'll top this?

>"They want pain, I'll give them Payne"
>this is actually in the game

Will there ever be a game more kino than max payne 1?

Single player story based campaign wise? Nah

It's fucking sad how Remedy has fallen. They'll most likely never produce an original IP as good as Max Payne was.

youtube.com/watch?v=iH5jDUtQllk

nope
remedy keeps going downhill and I won't even mention rock stars turd
all we have are the two max payne games

They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point. I removed my finger from trigger

The gba port of this game is fully voiced and looks pretty damn good.

Made by wizards obviously.

and the nigger was dead.

Max Payne 3 is a good game despite changing the setting and the look of our character completely. People who dislike 3, but like 1&2 are complete mentalists.

Daily reminder than MP1 is absolute kino, MP2 is not even close to being as good as MP1, and MP3 is generic gears-of-war TPP shooter

MP3 even fixed some dumb shit in MP2 via retcons.

>MP3 even fixed some dumb shit in MP2 via retcons

Such as?

Like max having a big dick. They confirmed that he's actually got a small dick.

IT'S PAYNE

First thing that comes to mind: the absolutely retarded Max-Mona romance. In MP3 Max talks about it a little. Something like: the whole thing was a mistake, he had no idea what he was doing and it was probably because of grief.

But Alan Wake was a far better game, and a far better experience than Max Payne ever was.

god grant me strenght to ignore this shitpost

>remedy completely and probably won't make anything like Max Payne
>rockstar owns Max Payne, yet probably has zero interest in making another
it hurts

>the absolutely retarded Max-Mona romance

The romance sub-plot was actually part of Max's character development, ending with the implication that Max could move on with is life and didn't need to be a depressed piece of shit all the time. Mona not killing Max, and getting killed, showed him that his life wasn't worthless like he believed it to be.

>This is love. When someone drags you from the wreckage when you have given in, ready to just lie there and die. This is love. When someone, no matter what the cost, shows you there is hope, a choice, that you can put down your gun. This is love. Love hurts.

There's a reason pic related was in the ending.

You can like the third game for the gameplay, but when it came to the actual handling of the Max Payne character, the writers really dropped the ball.

GET HIM

>He doesn't have the same opinion than me.. he is shitposting!

i respect people's opinion, but Alan Wake is a shit game and there is no discussion about it

That's the thing - why does she love him oh-so-much? They barely know each other. It's more like lust. And her sacrifice wasn't intentional, if I recall correctly.

>i respect people's opinion when it suits me

game sucked my dick, dude

fucking horrible ass opinion

Alan Wake and American Nightmare was unmistakably Remedy treading new ground which resulted a diamond in the rough. The demo pitch they had for Alan Wake 2 looked amazing.

Quantum Break had that Remedy flavour wrapped around in an overblown AAA package. Microsoft tried to make it into the next console defining game for them and the game has kickass fucking gameplay with the time powers but it has so much filler bullshit that never was in past Remedy games.

This talk about multiplayer games they're spinning now doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, though.

Max Payne 2 will always be my favorite game ever. If they made Alan Wake 2, it could top it. Remedy should be able to make sequels, cause they're obviously aware of what worked and what didn't in the games they've made.

I remember playing Max Payne 1 during winter when I brought.
That was so fucking nice.

>why does she love him oh-so-much? They barely know each other.

Incredibly common in noir stories.

>And her sacrifice wasn't intentional

She was killed just for helping him. At any point she could have killed Max or just not helped him get inside the mansion, and been fine.

>game sucked my dick

How cash was it?

BEELZEBUB
ASMODEUS
BAPHOMET
LUCIFER
LOKI
CTHULHU
LILITH
HELA

Well what do u expect when they threw a metric fucktonne of budget on mp3 and it flopped financially?

I really liked mp3 btw. It wasn't flawless, could have really done without unskippable cutscenes, but I still really liked the game. Gameplay was God tier, as we're graphics, even enjoyed the story.

I AM THE WOLF

>Incredibly common in noir stories.
Well, yeah. Still, this doesn't help.

>She was killed just for helping him.
This comes down to personal opinion, I guess. Her attitude seemed to be laid-back and I-don't-give-a-fuck, rather than amma-self-sacrifice-for-you-my-dude.

>Still, this doesn't help.

Sure, but that's more a problem one has with the genre than with games writing.

Scenes that show them bonding or whatever would seriously detract from the overall tone.

>Her attitude seemed to be laid-back and I-don't-give-a-fuck

If you listen to the message she leaves for Woden, she outright states she's in love with him. It's just that she never really makes that clear to Max - and since the game takes place mostly from his PoV, that means it's not clear to you either. The vagaries of their relationship is something that was definitely intended by the writers.

Overall I feel the Max Payne 3 writers definitely misunderstood a lot of the stuff in MP2. Remember the Winterson gravestone?

>The truth was, it was her or Mona, and I made a very bad call.

He says this even though he later found out that Winterson was a dirty cop, she was fucking Vlad, and was going to kill both him and Mona.

>tfw replaying Max Payne right now

Also gameplay wise, I feel like Max Payne 3 is at least on par (if not slightly above just because of things like physics) but MP1 and 2 blow it out of the water story wise. Sadly I doubt we'll ever see another Max Payne but maybe that's a good thing given the jewery of Rockstar.

WHACK EM

>1: My family is dead and my life has fallen to pieces, I don't care if I die just so long as I can get revenge.

>2: I got my revenge, but I still feel empty. Life goes on, and I'm still grinding away on police work despite not caring at all anymore... wait, Mona's still alive? Holy shit I actually felt something, I'd better see where this goes.

>3: I am now an angry alcoholic who yells at things. This plot has no personal stakes to me at all. Somehow I bumble my through and achieve closure despite already finding closure in the last game.

Mp3 isn't even fan-fiction tier, fans actually give a shit.

Shit, you put that very concisely. Congrats.

>that one thug with the really raspy voice

Why can't I get this kind of entertaining banter in more games? I actually tried to avoid killing some of the less asshole gangsters.

Oh no! It's retarded!

MAX.

DEAREST OF ALL MY FRIENDS.

>max payne 3
>seeing michelle and rose gravestone
>vinni gognittis gravestone

FLESH
OF FALLEN ENGELS

>message she leaves for Woden
Hm, don't recall this. 10 points for MP2 then.

>The truth was, it was her or Mona, and I made a very bad call.
Yeah, that line was weird. I'm tempted to ask: what did he mean by this?

Based Remedy didn't hold back any punches.

>Overall I feel the Max Payne 3 writers definitely misunderstood a lot of the stuff in MP2. Remember the Winterson gravestone?

It's not so much as misunderstanding Max Payne 2 as it's more outright ignoring it so that Max is a depressed piece of shit again and never mentions Mona, Vlad or the fact that he accepted his wife's death in any way shape or form.

Worst oppinion on this board right now ironic or otherwise

I might have hated at the way the setting and character were handled in Max Payne 3 but that Airport level is fucking awesome.

>Hm, don't recall this

Yeah, it was easily missed - it was in Woden's bedroom right before the shootout with Vlad at the top of the atrium.

>what did he mean by this?

Best I can figure is that he's saying it was a bad call at the time, because he didn't know she was crooked. But to be fair Mona outright said "She's one of them. She's here to kill me."

>Vlad took a course for handling disabled kids and had a diploma in his office

The attention to detail in MP2 is so fucking unappreciated. They told the whole story through small visual queues and specific goon conversations.

>tfw couldnt save mike the cowboy

Max Payne 3
Alan wake
American Nightmare

All were solid story driven 3PS with engaging gameplay. Easily each 8 or 9 out of 10

stop shitposting. you pathetic fuck.

That ending was amazing

Why does MP2 have one of the better writings of vidya?

But it was lust. There was sexual tension between they all the time. And they had some connection after the first game.

The romance subplot suits the main theme of the game: deal with yout past to carry on.

>They barely know each other. It's more like lust.
lol you did play the game right?