You are tasked with turning the last game you played into a movie...

You are tasked with turning the last game you played into a movie. How do you go about doing it so that the movie isn't shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM
youtu.be/FHH1vfY6HTA
imdb.com/title/tt0093894/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Uncharted 4
That was easy

unreal tournament 2004

that would be sick a movie about a otherworldy fps combat in the future. Id probably do similar to mk movie make it kinda campy with characters you can like. then for combat do actual fast pace fps scenes like they did in that ridiculous doom movie

>persona 3

welp

Is that Vin Diesel?

Have the producers/directors of the game produce/direct the movie

Battlefield 1 and make sure Uwe Boll is nowhere to be found.

Pathologic

I'd try to copy the style of Tarkovski and make a film similar to Stalker with it.

>LittleBigPlanet
>It's animated
>Try my best to tell a decent story without a single character saying a word

>Rocket League
Fast n Furious, but with some soccer thrown in

Binding of Isaac
Think sausage party meets exorcist

a hotline miami 2 movie would be the tightest shit and you can't tell me otherwise

>Skyrim
Gonna cheat a bit here. I make 4 movies:

First movie:
>Helgen happens, Dragonborn escapes with the help of both Ralof and the Hadvar
>The trio makes their way to Riverwood, and then to Whiterun
>Bleak Falls Barrow happens
>Dragon attacks the tower
>Either Ralof or Hadvar (or both) dies
>Movie ends with the Dragonborn leaving Whiterun to seek out the Greybeards

Second movie:
>Starts with the Dragonborn retrieving the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller from the tomb
>Returns to the Greybeards and they send him to Riften because they sense a strong presence there that might be the key to defeating Alduin
>Cue Dawnguard storyline
>Movie ends with Serana reading something in the dragon tongue
>Post credits scene shows the cultists asking about the dragonborn

Third movie:
>Dragonborn storyline
>Not much has changed except Miraak joins the dragonborn at the end of the movie

Fourth Movie:
>Starts with the trio retrieving the elder scroll
>First Alduin fight
>Huge war on Skuldafn, with everyone the party met on their journey fighting alongside them
>The three heroes find the portal while everyone else continues to fight
>Sovngarde
>The End.

>Rocksmith 2014

Uhh, I guess it's just a movie about Toto

>Monster Hunter

Actually make it about the game instead of "hurr monsters come to the real world and the protagonist is the chosen one and only he can fight them"

I don't fucking understand how this is the most impossible shit in the world for the suits to figure out. You take the beloved game, and adapt to be a movie. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. DO NOT HOLLYWOODIFY IT. JUST ADAPT IT INTO A FUCKING MOVIE.

>Okay so we're gonna make a Mega Man movie
>But it's called Mega MAN so he'll be played by Vin Diesel
>Also Roll is now his girlfriend and her name will be Rachel
>Also he now has a catchphrase
>Dr. Light is now black for diversity reasons
>He fights with an actual gun instead of an arm canon
>Also his name is Jeff now because Rock is dumb
>He was also transformed into a robot after a horrible accident saving a busload of refugee children
>wtf people hate it what did we do wrong? bunch of fucking angry virgins on the internet man

>MYST series.

Well I'm sure there's loads of cool shit you could do, but I'm only five minutes into Riven so I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

>Nioh
I like the game so far, but would never watch the movie

>Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Oh boy...well it wouldn't be easy, but the core concept is unique and interesting enough that you could probably get away with a kids movie. Honestly probably best for it to be strictly for kids as well, adult-jokes would be squicker than funny with that setup.

I dunno, probably have it be a moral-message story about how staying true to yourself doesn't always work, and changing who or what you are can be done if you work hard enough. Maybe some themes about "No matter what, some people will just never accept you, and you have to learn to live with it and appreciate the people who do accept you"?

>Hitman
Make it like Oceans11 but instead of planning a heist it's about planning a perfect assassination.
Not a lot of action but lot's of tension in preparation to the kill at the end.
The whole movie is made to build up a scene with a huge payoff at the end.

Pacing sounds a little fucked to be entirely honest, but I'd still watch that shit

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires

Could be decent if I just decide to make a historical epic about Japan.

keep it away from anderson
rip monster hunter

Isn't there already a Hitman movie? Is it good?

>MGSV
Cut all gameplay from the game and work accurately according the cutscenes which remain. Include some scenes based on essential elements of gameplay.

Do a separate merchandise run of physical cassette tapes which can be listened to at the viewer's leisure for further information on events and figures.

>Battlefield 1

Come to think of it, why aren't there more WW1 movies?
I remember All Quiet on the Western Front, but are there any others as good as that?

>that scene where the comrade falls into the pit of mustard gas
its all coming back to me now

Titan quest. Hmmm. Ill make it a tetralogy, one movie for each act. As long as it ends up looking like wrath of the titans/hercules, im set. Will need a shitload of cgi and a giant budget

>Dynasty Warriors 8.

It's already been done before with varying degrees of success.

>What is Last Samurai

>World of Warcraft
Easy, a whole adventure about two humans going through a fantasy world, killing shit, having a good time.

Well the last game I played was RE7 and I don't think I have to change anything at all considering the entire fucking game is just an interactive movie.

Noel is the most famous i think, and all quiet on the western front is not that good of a movie to be honest.

>Half-Life 2

Hire Gaben as the director.

Well I saw it at a very young and impressionable age, so it might be rose tinted glasses.

Was Noel the movie about the two opposing factions seeking sanctuary in a small neutral cottage, and the two platoons end up becoming pals by the end of christmas? I think I remember that one

>As long as it ends up looking like wrath of the titans/hercules, I'm set
Ray Harryhausen is dead though. I guess Laika would be the next best studio for that style.

>Rocket League: The Movie

> Year is 2448
> Alien life was found long ago leading to a galactic federation
> We shared technology with them, they shared with us
> Earth becomes a manufacturing and resource planet which is also home to the bloodsport of this game
> All the middle class and rich live in Elysium like rings surrounding Earth
> Protagonist is a wastelander with a bionic arm who is also a mysterious, cigar-smoking, future cowboy look-alike
> He's a part of The Rocket League, a band of misfits that call themselves that and participate in the blood sport of these games
> Team consists of Protagonist cowboy, Android relic from the golden age of space exploration, Amphibious alien with water tubes and goggles, standard sexy alien chick, big brutish alien muscle
> The arena is a giant sturdy chain link that looks exactly like the actual rocket league arena but the ball is usually a makeshift part such as a repurposed warp drive, a chain link ball with some crazy mad Max like person inside cackling to himself...Etc
> Stands are filled with shady people from all across the galaxy, alien merchants selling weird food, betting stands, people being killed and no one giving a shit
> Game can consist of traps springing up, unleashing colossal alien beasts or repurposed federation drones dropping "upgrades" onto someone's car like a mountable turret, flamethrower, spike thrower and more
>Throughout the movie they go up against various teams in various arenas
> They earn a huge reputation and are earning a shitload of credits and now have badass cars
> Offworld rich human offers them a ticket off Earth where he now informs them that this is just the start of the sport and the drones that upgrade the cars are actually recording and streaming this galaxy wide
> They move up to the big leagues
> Room for sequel

I wish I could draw comics cause I'd be on this shit.

Read the book if you can, it is really fucking good, not ll gloom and doom too. Also i remembered really good sitcom abound ww1 english squad, called Blackladder

youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM

>Blackladder
Blackadder nigga, Blackadder.

It was part of a four season show about a miserable cunt whose descendants were miserable cunts just like him. The WW1 one was fucking great, that ending makes me feel every time.

It is about that one time during christmas when french and german troops spend the day celebrating it.

>Monster Hunter
just kill Paul Andersen and stop him from making it. Or just make the whole movie take place in the Monster Hunter world and edit out all the parts of the "real" or "modern" world.

>Space Station 13

I honestly have no idea. I guess it would work as a naked gun, airplane type movie with a lot of dry humor. I doubt it would work as a serious movie, even though there are some good moments.

It'll follow the life as an assistant as he works his way around the station, meeting all of the heads of staff and seeing what they do, while also defending themselves against antags.

Or it could follow the life of the captain or detective or a sec gaurd. Someone that's very mobile around the station to see all of the different branches.

But someone has already done a serious trailer that would also be good
youtu.be/FHH1vfY6HTA

>Mass Effect

Okay first off hire Uwe Bowl, promise him a fucklarge budget but let him know last second that hes getting roughly 10% of what was promised, get the worst C movie actors you can find, get your little sister to write the script and film it at EPCOT Florida.

Theres two. They are awful.

Modern Warfare 3

>throw Samuel L Jackson up in there
>Dewayne The Rock Johnson as comic relief
>directed by the same person who did John Wick
>no whites or mexicans in the cast

>va-11 hall-a
Bartender already has a manga, anime and a TV show. My work is done.

Silent Hill 3

Basically, the opposite of everything they did before.

>Dragon Quest 8
Make the whole movie only about the great Monster Arena and how Morry did it, starring Morry as Morry, and him being the MC of the whole movie, maybe with a cameo of Jessica
"Dragon's Arena"

>Star wars empire at war
That's easy

But a cyberpunk version of Cheers doesn't exist, so you didn't do shit.

I never said I wanted to make an adaptation that followed the original from A to Z.

>gw2

Shit. I go back 250 years and do a searing movie in lotr style

If you don't retain the setting then you might as well A) not bother or B) pitch it to hollywood as "more accessible"

Sue me.

Why? What an odd request.

>DMC4SE

Honestly, I think campy B-movie type shit would work the best--- like the Resident Evil or Otherworld movies. Casting would be hard though. I don't know anyone who could pull off the pretty-boy wisecracker type for Dante.

He must be American.

>Deus Ex (2000)
Not easy but it can be done. Like a cyberpunk version of The Departed, but without Jack Nicholson.

Underrail.

I don't really know, go to any major city with a underground railway and film in the abandoned parts? Belgrade doesn't have an underground railway.

>without jack nicholson
I'm sure you can find a place for him.

Also fat steven seagal as JC or bust

We already got a UT movie.

imdb.com/title/tt0093894/

The last game I played was Pokémon Yellow. So, here it goes...

>The story will be able Giovanni and Team Rocket more than Pokémon

>Rocket is an organization that creates military weapons
>They secretly plan to take over Kanto
>Story starts out with current leader of Rocket finding out about the plans and he is preparing to give a press conference. Mike, a guy who created the plans and has been with Rocket since the beginning, figures this out and kills the current leader. Now Rocket needs a new leader
>Incoming Giovanni. A respected gym leader of Viridian and he has a wife and two sons.
>Yellow (let's just call him Satoshi) trains under Giovanni.
>It becomes national news that the leader of Rocket was found dead. Possible suicide.
>Giovanni and his wife go to a restaurant and Mike is there with his partner, Vince. Giovanni gives his condolences to the fallen leader. Mike needs the new leader to be someone charismatic so that Rocket will get public support. He offers Giovanni a job, but Giovanni says no. Mike tells Giovanni that they recently made the first successful resurrection of fossil Pokémon (Kabuto and Omanyte). He tells Giovanni that they need him to come aboard and that they need to find a very mysterious Pokémon and study it's DNA to cure diseases. Giovanni still declines and states that he only does business with Professor Fuji. Mike says that they need Fuji as well.
>That night kids run around a power plant and encounter Zapdos who then flies to Lavender town and destroys a lot of it. This gives Mike an idea.
>That night Giovanni's wife is driving home when two Rocket vehicles force her off he road. She wrecks and is killed.

>Deus Ex
>starring Jack Nicholson as...JOCK

OH MY *GOD* JAYSEE A *BOMB*

>last game I played was for honor beta
to be fair it wouldn't be a bad movie, add some monty python comedy and it's sure to sell hot cakes

Blackadder was about Blackadder and his offsprings throughout history. Only the last season was set in WW1, the first season was set in like the year 800.

>Darkstalkers Resurrection
Would probably have it be animated. try to tell a little bit of everyone's story (Lord Raptor, Sasquatch, Victor, etc.) but focus on Demitri/Morrigan. The hardest part would be trying to balance the horror, comedy and feels.

>Overwatch
That's probably going to happen anyway.

I've heard a lot of good stuff about this one, how would you rate it?

>Well I'm sorry to hear that.

>at the funeral, Giovanni asks Mike if the DNA from the mysterious Pokémon could advance the research enough to bring his wife back. Mike says yes and Giovanni becomes the leader of Rocket.
>Professor Fuji doesn't trust Rocket and still refuses to work with them.
>Giovanni is announced nationally that he is the leader of Rocket.
>Rocket's first plan is to storm the forests of the Seafoam islands to find the mysterious Pokémon.
>When they arrive they send troops and military personal to start destroying the local villages and looking for the area in which Mike believes the mysterious Pokémon is.
>Another mission is to get the three birds. One group of Rocket goes towards the mountains on Seafoam island and they attempt to climb the icy mountains. A loud screech is heard and an avalanche kills most of them. The surviving member digs himself out of the snow to see Articuno walking towards him before it freezes him with an ice beam.

It's great action camp, just like UT.

go watch it/10

>For Honor
I cast Vin Diesel, Ken Watanabe, and Gerard Butler and call it a day. Can completely phone it in and will make millions just because the concept is cool to 12 year olds.

>Giovanni and the others find a relic of a small Pokémon which they believe to be the mysterious Pokémon. The writings on the relic point to an ancient language in Guyana.
>Rocket members Jesse and James witness the murders of villagers and they flee the area.
>Without Fuji willingly going to work with Rocket, they decide to take him by force. The first step is to invade Silph Co.
>Jesse and James find Giovanni's two sons, who are with Satoshi, and tell them that they know where Rocket is going to attack next and that they need their help.
>Rocket organizes many bank robberies to get police from all over the city to go to them. When a large amount of police officers are at the various banks, a chain of explosions go off, killing the cops and everyone inside of the banks. With most of the cops disposed of, Rocket can easily take over the Silph Co. building.

>Pure Chess for PS3
What the heck am I supposed to do?

>tfw this concept will sell better than warcraft the movie, even if it doesn't have story

>Satoshi, Jesse, James, and Giovanni's two sons make their way to the Silph Co. building which is occupied with Rocket. Professor Fuji's office is there.
>One of Giovanni's sons (Sam) admits that they are going to have to kill their father.
>Jesse and James go through the the building acting as if they are still part of Rocket and manage to get Satoshi to a large room where Giovanni is at.
>While Sam is waiting to shot many Rocket members, his brother comes up behind him and stabs him. This results in him going crazy after killing his own brother.
>Satoshi sees that Rocket has Fuji and there are three tubs with the legendary birds in them.

Telltale Batman so... uh... cut out choices...?

Well the choices don't actually matter anyway so it shouldn't affect the plot too much.

>Mike tells Satoshi that the birds are there to protect them and with them no military in the world can defeat them.
>Satoshi releases his Pokémon (Dragonite, Charizard, Pikachu, Arcanine, and Machaml)
>A large Pokémon fight begins which ends with most of Satoshi's Pokémon defeated but it gave Fuji enough time to escape. Giovanni follows him.
>Fuji eventually wrecks and when he looks up he sees the Pokémon Tower. He walks inside once he sees that Giovanni is close.
>Jesse and James are able to sit off bombs inside of Silph Co. and escape with Satoshi. Mike escapes but Vince is killed.

>Chrono Trigger
Go for the ending where they defeat Lavos while Chrono is dead
Always felt the "best" ending was a bit campy given how they undo that spoiler
would watch

you have to look at it from a different angle, if you take a game to adapt into a movie, the one thing you have to do is Japanify it, and that's the one thing Hollywood can't do

>While inside of the Pokemon Tower, Fuji becomes possessed by a Haunter and he starts to see his dead daughter. After a moment of torment, Giovanni arrives and points a gun at Fuji. He tells him that he didn't want this to happen but that he will do anything to bring his wife back.
>Fuji realizes what Giovanni is going through and allows Giovanni to take him.

>The story ends with Fuji is Rocket, Kanto being fully aware of the dangers of Rocket, and now Rocket is on their way to Guyana to find the mysterious Pokémon which will eventually lead to the creation of a far superior and diabolical Pokémon.

>s.t.a.l.k.e.r.
the movie would have lots of cheeki breeki.

How long have you been working on your fanfiction, user?

>Serious Sam tfe

Eh, no way to save it.
But a movie about bfe could work.
Just make it bait and switch like the game itself, and not so serious

About one month.

it's based off a movie. No cheeki breeki in it, thank fuck for that. Internet fascination with slavic white trash is getting old and that's coming from a slav that today rolled a cigar out of leftovers from my ashtray.

>Stellaris

Foundation: the movie

>Team Fortress 2
redo the comics in sfm

how would you make a megaman movie then?
>guy runs right
>guy sometimes shoots robots
>guy spends 15 minutes falling in a dissapearing block room

>Soma
Actually, that'd be pretty tight. Granted, you'd have to show Simon throughout the movie as how he THINKS he is. You know, until the reveal.

>ffxiv

Doomed from the start, FF movies are never good. But if I had to, I'd make it about 1.0's story, ending with the fall of Dalamud while the protags look on in desperation. Then have a post-credit scene of them waking up 5 years after the calamity thanks to Louisoix's magic

>SNES Aladdin
Free.

>There will never be a proper Foundation game or movie.
>You will never be able to play as a Trader evading Imperial convoys or play as the Empire in an attempt to stave of collapse.

I do a movie about the raids, with a dynamic cast of clashing characters.

Power PS always argueing with Condi PS and such

Spam