HZD BESTIARY WAS IN PRESS KIT

This is the entire bestiary of HZD. All 26 creatures.
Not gonna lie, I didn't like what was already shown because of how bland it was, but this is ludicrous.
>6-7 medium-big creatures
>the 4 biggest ones were shown in the trailers and were shown in promotional pics
>most dinosaurs are critters.

I thought that it would get the MH treatment with at least half of the monsters being serious matters when you hunt them, but that's not even the case.

Thanks Guerilla Games.

the big girraffe looking thing isnt even fightable, it just serves as the game's ubisoft towers

This image is missing 3 robots.
Each one of the 26 shown here have 2 to 3 variations that change their appearance, attacks, and animations.
That's essentially 81 robot types, the 3 missing only have a corrupted variation.
The game is very well paced and spread out so if you wont run out of new robots to see all throughout your play-through.

if the footage is anything to go by, those "variations" are incredibly minor, like "one shoots lasers and one doesn't"

>color variations.

>Each one of the 26 shown here have 2 to 3 variations that change their appearance, attacks, and animations.
Basically swap colors with a signature move, big deal. That doesn't make up for the lack of original monsters. Sure, MH is a series that was built upon succesive iterations but HZD needed at least 10-15 big monsters to really catch the hunting vibes. Shooting boars, velociraptors, and small animals, is really not thrilling if what was shown in the trailers is representing of the whole game

No, you're talking about the cat like ones, they all shoot lazers, one of the variants found in the dungeons/corridors has a completely different attack pattern and design.
There are also size variations which i didn't count.

>Color
Don't worry it's not as bad as the zelda goblin blue and green shit.

The variations in horizon will have complete redesigns, for example the deer thing has a counter part with drills on it's head and different armor.

monster hunter is the most fun when you are fighting velocipreys and bullfangos anyways, so this isnt a problem just a good design choice.

read
It's much more then a color swap and a new attack, everything changes besides the core design.

Attack pattern, size, armor, weaknesses, special attacks, and even the music(which is what i really liked)

I suppose you can't take my word for it, but they all feel very unique, official reviews drop the 20th so you'll see what i mean.

DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL

to give you an idea, think of it like megaman.

I'm not seeing yet how it will change anything. Ice monsters being weak to fire having an alternative skin weak to ice is meh. That's fake depth.
Recore did this several months ago. While it is not inherrently bad design, it's serviceable at best.

>they changed a bunch of variables, it's a totally different monster!
I guess Neptunia games have large enemy variety too

>they are gonna fill 4 time the map of skyrim with only 26 monsters.
damn. I hope there's at least some color swaps

monster hunter also does this, thing is, there's still an large roster of unique monster post gen 2 outside of the variations, horizon lacks that.

xenobladeX still dominate the genre I guess.

>4 times the map of skyrim

source on that?

How many enemy types did skyrim have?

Weakness go far beyond just elemental, it depends on what type of arrow heads you use.

There are:
Piercing arrow heads
Tear arrow heads
Blunt arrow heads
Concussion arrow heads
Elemental arrow heads
Regular arrows

In addition to every major element.

It's far deeper then color/elemental matching in pokemon.

That's just one layer again, the real difficulty comes from enemy design, besides all the different anatomical weak points, at the joints, or the resources the new variants have different movesets.

One of the higher level varaints of the watcher has this really cute but annoying barrel roll doge, it's one of the few things that makes fighting that variant feel worlds apart from the starting watchers.

a lot

>skeletons with swords
>skeletons with axes
>skeletons with bows
>skeletons with staves
>skeletons with hammer
thats 5 right there

Sooo there are less than 20 kinds of enemy ?
yikes..

Mate, do you have the game or where does your knowledge come from? If so what is your honest first impression?

More than 6,5

only 26?

he's a viral marketer so don't trust his impressions

pokemon is probably far far deeper then horizon

Monster hunters creatures dont behave or look anywhere near as complex as those of horizons, so that should level the playing ground a bit.

A single enemy in horizon has miles of depth monster hunter lacks, trust me it dwarfs monster hunter they don't feel a like at all.

fascinating

There's only like 23 or 24 in that picture. There are still 2 to 3 machines left. Biggers ones most likely. I mean, Guerrilla can't be that stupid to show every machine before even release...

>AIDS FARCRY

lmao

lol, i'm not the first leaker here, there's someone on neogaf leaking the game right now and we both like it a lot.

I made first impressions in another thread if you really want to see them.
Actually there's a third person on neogaf with the game, everything will be leaked by tomorrow so you really don't need to take my word for it.

100% serious:

Was there anyone ON THE PLANET that thought this game could possibly be good, the moment it was announced?

I'm serious. Name the last AAA game that was actually good. There hasn't been one. Why would this break the mold?

no one cares, why don't you fuck off back there?

>neoGAF
lel

Of course people are fooled by marketing and hype, it's the only thing that holds this industry together.

It's not.
Basically this, even without playing the game and just looking at the robot videos you can see the difference.

Also, best part of the game so far was this mini boss fight where i had to used all of my weapons, switching them constantly, dodging, setting traps it's just fun, easily the best part of the game.

> trust me it dwarfs monster hunter
user that just dashes any trust you could've gotten, tone it down a bit

so its a leak, but you refuse to post any proof
hmm

You clearly care mate, i don't have a neogaf account

you literally have no counter.

Neofag you realize you're claiming this game to be a genre defining, bar setting game right? If that's what you want thats fine but be aware how ludicrous you sound.

I'm going to leak everything tommorow, but the guy on neogaf posted images from the start

I get being fooled by hype, it happens. I mean, I don't get WHY it happens, and I don't get why people don't punch themselves in the face the fucking instant they start thinking "Hey, this heavily marketed, huge budget AAA game looks worth buying..."

But be serious; You've never once paid money for a game like this and been satisfied. It's always been shit. Every single god damned time.

Why would this time be different?

From what I have seen, it's just shooting over the shoulder at a very easy to avoid Robot DevilJho.

Like seriously, The big T-rex monsters seem to be the Deviljho's retarded future cousin.

take a picture of your screen if you're legit

No man this is the one

This is the one time it will be good

I promise

Just buy it

It'll be better this time

Every other time was just a joke this one is serious

Everyone is giving it a 9+, even if you don't like the game it's going to get a very high metacritic average and that's all that really matters to these companies.

Because they have fun user. Don't you like having fun? Who cares if the games actually good as long you can rush through it, discard it and never touch it again, it's fun!

if you don't post a picture of your screen you ARE a shill

if you are who you say you are, posting a picture of your screen should bear no consequences

I'll be happy as long as the game doesn't try to portray men as bumbling idiots somehow inferior to the male characters.

Otherwise it'll be an absolute fucking write-off.

Pokémon is rather deep dude.

I will post EVERYTHING tomorrow, me and my buddy are making a list, taking notes and fucking around in photomode, just wait

>There are:
>Piercing arrow heads
>Tear arrow heads
>Blunt arrow heads
>Concussion arrow heads
>Elemental arrow heads
>Regular arrows

Having this many types of resistances may be good or bad depending on how far it goes. I don't think they made the stats that decisive because it would be too confusing for the normies (which are the audience that GG is aiming at). It's going to have something like +10% damage or -20% depending on the dinosaurs and that's pretty much all.

>thought that it would get the MH treatment with at least half of the monsters being serious matters when you hunt them

Really dude? the fact that it took 2 minutes for her to kill the t-rex thing in the first trailer is against all that.

wife's son

then you're a shill

pretty clever of sony fabricating a "leak" story

>Barbarian society
>Women are the important ones in everything.

You can kill everything, with every weapon and every arrow type.

But shooting a heavily armored enemy with blunt arrows is a waste of time, it still does damage though

why the fuck does that matter? That's you're standard? If it makes fun of me its bad and if it doesn't it's good? Go fuck yourself reverse SJW.

>Fire beats grass
>Grass beats water
>Water beats fire
>Deep

Nintendo fanboys are so fucking stupid and brain dead they think rock papers scissors is deep.

it hasn't been that simple for a long time

>get the MH treatment
Is that before or after 13 years worth of games?

Alloys tribe is specifically a matriarchy, the other tribes have male leaders, if it makes you feel any better, they banish alloy and you have to play through a mission called " the proving" to rejoin the tribe, but alloy doesn't like the matriarchs cause of their superstitions and what not.

Holy shit the damage control in this thread is astounding. First the shitty character animations, draw distances, and HUD come to light, now we know how little there is to offer in terms of robots.

The salt. Go start a desalination plant fuck boy.

pokemon has 18 types, split into two categories now

hey shill kun, how come when you attack an enemy you zoom up next to them like a magnet?

Is anyone even looking forward to this still?

>This is the entire bestiary
> 26 creatures
That is weak as fuck
This is going to be some skyrim tier garbage and you will encounter and know how to kill every one of those creatures under 4 hours of playing the game

lol it's on PS4 so who even cares?

no one ever was

>some poor sap is paid to regurgitate pr talking points about a feminist action game

Dude I also love to talk about and denounce things I know fuck all about, makes my benis nice and hard

What damage control? Anti-Shills with their alternative facts is all I am seeing around here. Game will be great deal with it

>Monster hunters creatures dont behave or look anywhere near as complex as those of horizons

Small mob enemies is fine, IF they are actually fun to fight.
Going by trailer, the game lacks any mechanics to make smaller things worth fighting.
It honestly feels like Dragons Dogma without melee or grabs/holds.

This isn't going to be a gigantic hunter game, this is going to be another game with shit enemies, and your weapon set doesn't work against smaller enemies.

no now fuck off

>It's far deeper then color/elemental matching in pokemon
And this is how I can tell you've never attempted to actually play Pokemon competitively. There's a lot of depth, it goes far, far beyond simple type match-ups, friend.

No

>D-don't worry, every enemy has 50 recolours that are all weak to a different arbitrary ammo types and it's actually the deepest game ever

I'm so glad I'm not a fucking brain fanatic retard like you, holy shit.

>this damage control
God damn this game is going to bomb fucking hard, I expected it to be shit but not this shit

Goddamn, trying to talk about video games is hard on this fucking board. People looking forward to this game, you are not going to convince someone dead set on hating it. People who believe this game to be pure shit, you are not going to convince people who are dead set on playing it.

it's not going to bomb because there are millions of retards who buy shit like this all the time

>Also, best part of the game so far was this mini boss fight where i had to used all of my weapons, switching them constantly, dodging, setting traps it's just fun, easily the best part of the game.
This is fucking pathetic attempt at marketing this game, fucking really? You need to practice this stuff more.
And cmon at this point we have had ton of "leakers" and people with "early access" to some upcoming hyped AAA game that looks like fucking shit telling us how awesome and cool to the max the game is. You could try to give this place some credit, we aren't that stupid.

Why so salty about differing opinions? You probably already know thats its ture. Monster hunter has crappy enemy AI and thats a fact. Shit is not even debatable.

hey neofag, how long does an average big monster last in a fight?

so shill, are you going to detail the story, i mean, it DID leak right

or are you just going to try to convince people that paint by numbers enemies means depth

it doesnt by the way, because it forces you to use certain weapons instead of giving people options

I didn't like the premise from the very first showing

This is fucking pathetic
>intern dev is also doing damage control

10 minutes because they are not boring damage sponges like in Monster Hunter.