When playing online games...

When playing online games, how important is the speed of your internet in relation to the ping you have with the server Sup Forums?

Pic related, my shit speed.

I wouldn't know to be honest

If that is steady it looks good for India.

When I was there this winter I couldn't get good Internet anywhere I went.

ping is more important
however it's the ping with the server you're playing on that matters

Wow, that's quiet something.

Maybe so, but it's not like India gets any love with multiplayer games outside Dota and CS:GO. I end up having to look for EU or Chinese servers, and it kinda hurts to do so because I'll be a lagging fuck who's gonna let his team down.

NOT FAIR

is this good

why is my upload faster than my download

I don't know.

Thanks for your input.

You're welcome bud.

I get on average 10mb dl, I can't get broadband here which is depressing, especially that I lived in a shit place 2 mins down the road that had broadband.
I don't worry about my upload speed, only issues I ever have is with fighting games.
I have low ping in BF.

this is my speed off of my laptop on wifi

I used to get low ping in BF4 servers that are located in Taiwan. But now it spikes up to 400+.
How is that even possible?

What is lag

Living the american dream, huh anons?

>spics having shit tier internet
You smelly beaner deserve it

Depends on the netcode of the game you're playing. I have around double your upload and have played some korean grinding games that shit themselves because I just didn't have enough upload. Monitoring my connection during certain activities I could see my upload was maxed out. Most games work fine though.

see
The american dream, huh?

At least is not a smelly beaner

only exists in nightmares and p2p games

Oh so it is just shitposting and jealousy. Got it.

How did I do?

Out of curiosity, where do you live?

>being jelly of a shitxican

I used to have much faster, but apparently the wires for where I live couldn't handle the speed, I hate Eir. The sooner Virgin takeover the better.

Shut up Sup Forums.

Lol

Speed doesn't matter as long as you have more than 1mbps or so
Everything after that depends on your latency

>Server: New Delhi

Sorry, guess I'm blind

How are you ever going to become a superpower if you can't even build proper internet infrastructure, much less poo in loo, Pajeet?

We do have decent ISP here, just that the one I'm using in particular is notoriously shitty.

So why are you using it?

No choice, since their the only one providing in the vicinity I'm in.

Very strange to me that you can live in a major city and only have a single provider to choose, hope it get's better

Speed only matters so much, as long as you can deal with game traffic and the random background transfers without running into bandwidth limitations you're fine. Latency, jitter and packet loss are what really matters, especially the latter two.

>tfw stuck with AT&T at the moment
Their policy with upload is pure cancer. I could double my download to 30 Mb/s and they would only give me 2Mb/s on the upload

Based neighbor with insecure wps enabled

fug :((((((((

The "better" ISPs provide their services in areas where the population is more dense. So, certain colonies gets more services than the others. Where I'm at right now, is probably the most quietest part of the city. (barring the ridiculous amounts of fests and concert that happens nearby).

I will move out soon though, so I'll be able to get better net then.

>all i have is a 10/1 internet

Litetelly better than before desu. Which was 500/200 or something. And those weren't mbs.

ISPs don't shaft you on the upload just out of malice, it's just much simpler and cheaper to provide good download speeds if you compromise on the upload a bit. Since most users are willing to make that compromise, there's little reason not to do that.

This was me a few years ago. Now im on supierior 11 down and 1 up. kill me

worth

ouch

10 euroshekels a month. It's a VDSL2 setup and 100/10 on paper, but the modem only handshakes to these speeds. I assume it's down to the sheer number of apartments and the age of the building.