What is the easiest class to play in Morrowind?

I suck at video games generally, so what's the class that will give me the easiest time? Magic is often too complicated for me so I'm thinking just someone who specializes in Long Blade. Should I go for Heavy or Light Armor?

Also, is it a good idea to put Athletics/Acrobatics as minor skills, so I level up more? I know the only way to raise health is to level up so should I be doing that as much as possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36945/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fightermagethief

nigga you can console cheat the shit out of the game wtf?

Make yourself overpowered and finally feel like a real fucking mage or saviour of the world or whatever

STEALTH. ARCHER.

stealth is drek in morrowind

IIRC heavy armor is straight up the best.

long blade is the best weapon type, but make sure to build a character with a decent bonus to it in the beginning.

leveling up often isn't a good idea.

Honestly I'd say magic is your best bet, it's by far the most interesting playstyle, and not really complicated at all (just remember to bind your hotkeys) plus you can get incredibly OP spells that you can create yourself

Not to mention it gives you the ability to walk on water, levitate etc. and Morrowind was great because it was designed with these spells in mind, so exploration is HEAVILY rewarded

yeah, I recommend altmer atronach

summon ancestor ghosts, aggro them and eat their spells for magicka

magic isn't that useful offensively(aside from tough spots) but it's really useful overall.

You can build an easy fighter character that doesn't have to deal with managing mana and spells and just use enchanted items for anything magic.

>summon ghosts and aggro them to eat their mana as an atronach

how have I never thought of this

If you want the easiest start.

Go Redguard/Nord/Dunmer/Imperial

Then pick the weapon they are good at as your Major, then pick Agility and Luck as your attributes, for your specialization take the category your major weapon falls in and then go with the Lover sign.

That way you should have 70 or so Agility, 50 luck and your major weapon will be at 50 or 45.

You should be able to hit everything easily early on. The rest doesn,t matter just, just go for what you like.

I learned it from Skyrim

>Class

Nice meme. Build your own class, it's easy, and I've been doing it since I was literally 7 years old and couldn't even read. I would have my mom phonetically explain abilities to me and even then I was good enough to figure out the shit that worked.

>2017
>People STILL level up more than 1 weapon/armor skill and think Destruction or Restoration are worth shit

How

hey, destruction was pretty useful in that one quest where you have to assassinate that telvanni dude that has two dremora as guards

I made a spell so strong it instantly killed everyone in his tower

You know, as a die hard fan of Morrowind, I've still never figured out what Luck even does.

By that point in the game you should already have Wraithguard (Maybe even both of them) and Sunder/Keening

If there's ever a point in the game where you can't just left click everything to death, I haven't found it. The best thing I've ever done regarding magic in the game is enchanting a ring with a 1 cost enchant cast that launches a 3-4 damage 5 yard fireball on click.

I can basically machinegun fire fireballs as fast as I can click, and it costs less (up to like 0.5/250) based on my enchant skill.

I made it SPECIFICALLY to kill those stupid fucking flying assholes that follow you. Cliff racers are so stupid I invented a magical machinegun to fuck them out of the sky.

Heavy armor.
Long blade.
Get lots of stamina.
Probably some Athletics as well so you can go fast.
If you want to make things even easier, look for a guide on how to get daedric armor and a daedric katana early on.

argonian + speed boots

Sure, but it was pretty practical.

A Daedric Dai-Katana and later on Trueflame/Hopesfire can just trivialize everything in the game, but that doesn't mean destruction is consistently useless.

My most ingenious enchantment was a ring with a specifically set up Jump spell that was guaranteed to take me from Wolverine Hall to my Telvanni Tower(and back) in a single cast. I liked keeping my mark and recall spells saved for recharges while mid dungeons, so I couldn't keep it saved on my tower.

I find it's not wise to seek out Daedric armor in the game until you're at least level 10, cause you just dont have the strength to carry all that shit AND be able to explore.

>Regular Shortsword
>Weighs 4
>Daedric Katana
>Weighs 40

Fuck me. By the time in the game that I was finally ready to upgrade to Daedric, I would get soulstones full of Golden Saints to upgrade the individual pieces of armor for "Constant Effect Increase Strength 4" which was the maximum amount of score you could put on most weapons.

I would basically sit at about 150 strength just to make playing with Daedric armor viable.

oh, I also had a fortify unarmed 800pts/1sec that I used to knock out Hircine with a single punch to the groin.

Clever use of Mark+Recall and the two Intervention amulets given by Caius early in the game make the game's travel system a joke. People may rag on quicktravel, but the truth is that it's always been there for the people smart enough to understand the lay of the land.

Propylon stones are stupid though.

>Constant Effect Increase Strength
>not Constant Effect Chameleon

Sword & Board Nord

Put it all on endurance

I never bothered with propylon stones.

What do they do?

Only time I need chameleon is like a constant Effect 1%. I'm not sure what it is about Chameleon, but as long as you have even 1% on you, your sneaking is like twice as good.

The difference between 1-49% Chameleon is basically nothing, but the real changes come with 100% Chameleon and enemies literally refuse to engage you anymore. To be honest it gets annoying sometimes.

90% of the skills in morrowind are shit/worthless so

you'll end up with
- 1 weapon type (don't pick spear)
- 1 armour type (don't pick medium)
- 1 ranged attack type (marksman or destruction)
- way to open locked shit (alteration or lockpick)
- restoration
- alchemy
rest of your skills are filler
never pick athletics or acrobatics

obviously battlemage
heavy armor, marksman, any weapon you like, shield and some attack magic and you're done
Slap Speechcraft on it to have easy questing and you're done

>speechcraft
I just made a max charm spell for 1s and cast it before talking to someone important

>Never pick Athletics or Acrobatics

Don't listen to him, ALWAYS get Athletics AND Acrobatics. I'm not joking. The game is shit without them.

Used in the Ancient Dunmer temples for quicktravel between OTHER Ancient Dunmer temples.

It's kind of fucking dumb though, because you need to find the Propylons in OTHER temples, hidden in incredibly dumb areas, and their usage is incredibly limited, because most of the temples are in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, and some are even infested with Sixth House faggots.

Mark+Recall and Almsivi/Divine Intervention is all you need to scoot around 75% of the map. The only time it becomes hard to navigate while using those 3 abilities become the North East of the Island, since both interventions will take you back to Wolverine Hall.

>Also, is it a good idea to put Athletics/Acrobatics as minor skills
no, it's stupid. They level just fine as misc and you miss out on good skills.
Leveling up health is best done by training endurance skills. Get talrivian's health mod, because vanilla gimps you if you train endurance later in life.

Just pick an Orc with Long blade (other weapon skills work too). Don't pick a 'class', but rather make it yourself through the class maker. It's very easy to do so, all you have to do is select 10 skills, in your case Long Blade, then choose light armor AND heavy armor, this will allow you to wear light armour in the beginning so you're not over incumbered too quickly when you loot entire dungeons. As starter attributes you should choose Strength for melee damage and capacity, and Endurance for bonus health points every level. Specialization: combat, of course.

With all this you should have an easy time.

Can travel instantly between dunmer castles. It's not a good way to travel.

> i swear im being stabbed but i cant see from where

I believe he's saying you shouldn't pick them because they level up constantly when your traveling about and you'll level yourself poorly if you don't know what you're doing.

man, I liked the feeling of using guild teleports, silt strider travel, mark+recall and interventions to travel everywhere very quickly. Felt like I really knew the land.

Also, how do you keep stamina high? When you run you use stamina, so whenever I get into a fight my stamina is always empty? Do you really have to carry around restore fatigue potions at all times?

This isn't Oblivion or something, the only level scaling in the entire game are Dark Brotherhood assassins. Leveling up fast is usually a good thing, even if by the time you're level 40, you have the stats of someone who really streamlined himself by level 30, but the game is so easy to break that leveling up really fast and inefficiently has its own pick of benefits.

My dedicated mark spot was always the Ald-Ruhn Mage's guild teleport pad. I would recall to there to get to anywhere else important on the island, or jump out of the guild and use the silt strider to other areas. It was great.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I would always keep like 50 home made stamina potions with me, like 36 per second for 333 seconds and shit. I would chuck one before every fight. Really easy to make with every vendor selling shit to make it. Grandmaster's Calcinator can reduce their weight from 1.0 to 0.2 as well.

why wouldn't you have potions or use spells to restore them

This is what I decided to go with. How is it?

this is an early game issue. You'll eventually get enough stamina that it's pretty much irrelevant.

And in the beginning you can make gatorades from very common ingredientes in the region in and around seyda neen. I believe you can just hotkey them.

I just can't stand the levelling system anymore. I remember min/maxing my first char only to realize I should've majored in Luck at the beginning. Also Luck is the most OP attribute. Cast Fortify Luck on self for 1 sec and you can break any lock, steal from every NPC and craft every potion.

>Don't listen to him, ALWAYS get Athletics AND Acrobatics. I'm not joking. The game is shit without them.
>pick movement skills
>level stupidly fast because you get exp for moving
>get to a high level without having enough defense, attack, gear
>Daedra spawn everywhere because you chose to go fast
If there's one piece of advice for Morrowind, it's "don't fucking choose Athletics/Acrobatics"

This shouldn't really need to be said but don't get into fights when you've been bunny hopping your way along the road, you see a baddie stop and rest a moment before you go slap it.

Of course once you're swimming in traditional bethesda riches (because you robbed all the houses that nobody ever goes home to) you should have loads of potions anyways.

I would change Mercantile to Illusion, but that's just me.

Otherwise, good build. I would implore you to take Short Blade instead, though.

Sneak is useless, Athletics is bad as a major skill.

Then you can use your movement skills to escape from them. Unless it's your quest target, you don't have to kill it.

Literally not a problem. I always pick both.

>mercantile
literally why

Oh jesus, Golden Saints that I want to absorb have spawned a bit earlier and sometimes drop ebony swords for me to sell for 20k gold!

How fucking DREADFUL.

Acrobatics. Athletics. Go fast, get endurance, get money.

>Acrobatics
Have you not been reading the thread?

you'll be bunny hopping from place to place, leveling up that skill at a huge rate, do not tie that shit to your leveling.

Throw mercantile out of the window and pick another additional weaponskill. You'll max out Longblade in no time and you'll have a hard time getting levelups.

What this user said.
Illusion makes Speech/Mercantile useless
Alteration makes Security useless
Enchanting makes every magical school useless
Alchemy makes Restoration useless.

Nice meme. Run away from a Lord Dremora's giant fucking fireball.
I always train those abilities but keep them in misc because there's no downside, unlike having them as minors, and the game pees money on you anyway.

Having 100 of being fast and jumping high 10 hours earlier > boo hooo you'll be overleveled by 3 levels in total

Alchemy makes everything useless. I tend to avoid it just because it's such a game breaker.

>athletics as a major
You're gonna get raped but ok

Ah fuck off, leave those skills out of your majors and minors, they'le level up anyways so you'll still be fast, I haven't had a single character who didn't have those skills go through the roof without even trying just by strolling around vvardenfell

>tfw too dumb to understand magic or enchanting

I just don't get it

>un away from a Lord Dremora's giant fucking fireball.
Just keep some throwing knives on hand. Throw it at his projectile and it'll explode before hitting you. Marksman skill doesn't even matter for that.

In fact, every character should have some throwing weapons on hand just for this purpose. Lightweight and have a high rate of fire.

just avoid the INT loop unless you want to have 60k magicka to cast fortify agility 800pts for 120 seconds on a 50ft area to fortify your army of 156 skeletons to kill Gaenor

Any class, this game is easy as fuck compared to other TES games because there's nothing inbetween "shitter" and "god" and you can immediately get the strongest longsword in the game by fucking off to the Dren Plantation and grabbing a Daedric Longsword.

Yeah no shit, he's been talking out of his ass for a while. If there's any skill that I can deal with being overleveled, it's those. The game's main problem is lack of speed, and lack of stamina, and leveling up those two abilities and getting Endurance/Strength fixes both of those problems.

Besides, the only really "bad" thing that happens for overleveling isn't even a BAD thing. Golden Saints spawning everywhere in the wild is a GOOD thing, they drop Daedra Hearts, can be soultrapped for the best stones in the game, and can drop shit to be sold easy.

The point is that you want them to be up as high as possible as fast as possible, and at least slipping them into your minor abilities helps level them up even faster. Speed is great in the game because it's naturally slow as shit.

>mfw the only game that can't be broken as soon as you leave the tutorial area is Oblivion

unexpected

I get the feeling you haven't ever had one of those up close. The range is huge. Your strategy only works if you're a stealth archer, which means you wouldn't be running away in the first place.

What's the best mod that lets you run a store?
I remember a mod that lets you own a farm, but you get so many crops so quickly that it's just too easy. I also remember a mod that gives you a tavern near Pelagiad but that's it.

Reminds me of my Marskmanship throwing build I played once and loved.

I loved throwing stars and throwing them at the lowest possible power to just have them slowly travel across the entire map at like 5 mph. It was fun to look at.

It merely breaks about 5 hours down the line instead when all the daedric bandits start spawning.

Atronoch Wizard

>Be High Elf
>Double Magick 200%
>Atronoch
>Triple Magick on top of Double Magick 500%
>100% weak to all schools of Magick
>Absorbing magic you're weak to gives you even MORE Magick
>Stay at Max MP for the entire game

It was too easy.

What is there to not get?
Spells do different things according to range. On touch has the range of a weapon, on self means you get buffed, on range means you shoot it.
Seconds are, well, duration. You can make a good poison spell if you give it low damage and high duration: you shoot it, fuck off/levitate/chameleon, the enemy dies in a corner and you have a giggle.

always start a spell with weakness to magicka 100% 1s.

Went dunmer with long blade with destruction and alteration was ez

>On self means buff
It's also a trap when spellmaking or Enchanting.

>Start Enchanting something
>Get Distracted
>Finish it anyway
>Cast my enchant to blow that fucker away
>Kill myself
>I had it cast on self instead of cast on target

I sure like spending 30k gold on an enchanted chestplate that can kill me at the push of a button.

My argument lies on OP being a beginner. Otherwise I'd just advise him to put the most useless skills as majors and minors so he stays level1 forever and can raid any place easily due to leveled lists.
You always have trouble if you try the advanced shit right off the bat.

Enchanting can be fun, especially with constant effects, as expensive as that can be.

I always have to get a mod to remove the damn gloss effect though, can't stand it.

haha oh yeah this, on self means the effect hits YOU, even if it's a negative effect like "massive fire explosion"

Hey, that's what TES legends are made of.
I once set a spell as On touch when it was supposed to be ranged, and didn't notice for a while because I tend to get up close. Then I found a Daedroth, tried to shoot it, failed and got lightning up the ass.

I once cheated and made a fire spell with such a huge radius that I could never cast it and not be within the radius of it.

On that note, when making AOE spells, keep in mind what you have that AOE set to, they can totally hit yourself.

>No matter what your preference, there's no right or wrong way to play Morrowind.
Straight from the manual. So unless you're playing something gay like a Bosmer you'll be okay.

I'd argue that a beginner to the game wants to level up fast regardless, otherwise they don't know if what they're doing is right. "Advanced" stuff is giving them stuff that doesn't level up fast.

Give them their primary armor and weapon abilities, make sure they dont stack more than one, give them Acro/Athletics for speed and Playtime=Levelup mechanics so that they realize that their character is still growing, and tell them that Alchemy is awesome without telling them how to break the game with it.

This is the best way you can set someone on Morrowind. That and telling them to stay in Balmora for at least a good 15 hours of gametime until you beat every single guild.

Anything with heavy armor, long blade and blocking as major skills. Put alchemy as a minor and use for heal and stamina potions. You'll want lockpicking if you want loot. Also a bow is very useful

You underestimate how retarded I am. Also, alchemy is fucking confusing, I don't get it at all. It's like another language.

Alchemy is a logic problem. Ingredients have up to 4 attributes. Find other ingredients that share those attributes, then create a potion.

Success is based on Alchemy skill and Intelligence.

The best set of heavy armor is only slightly better than the best set of medium armor, while also being much heavier.

everything in morrowind is basically a mix of values and effects, for example a spell includes at least one effect, lets say in this case, Fire damage, set at a value, let's say 10, and then a 'range' let's say Self.

So in this hypothetical spells case, when you cast it, you do 10 fire damage to yourself, it's a spell that exists to set yourself on fire for a small amount of damage.

He didn't have to make a special trip just for you. He could have charged extra.

He did it because he believed in you. In the beginning, he was the only one who did.

So what is the easiest way to cheese through this game?

Drop Acrobatics, Mercantile, and Athletics. All 3 will get leveled up all on their own way quicker than others Mercantile might not but I promise you're never gonna be short for cash in this game. I also think sneak is pretty worthless in Morrowind, but I never really focused on it in a play-through so I might be mistaken.

Honestly Morrowind isn't that hard a game and you can always just turn the difficulty down. I feel like the most fun comes from genuinely trying to roleplay a character.

Also go download MSGO right now. Even if you don't like modding games that's the one I feel like every person needs: nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36945/?

>MSGO
Fuck that piece of shit. How new are you?

>drop athletics and acrobatics
Reddit tier

And Luck and equipment.

Alchemy is kinda complex, yes. You need one thing (was it a mortar?) to do alchemy, and the other devices just make the potion better.
Next is combining. Each ingredient has an attribute:
>Faggot root
heals
mana regen
makes you love dicks
sets you on fire
>angry root
heals
paralyzes
makes you love dicks
poison

If you make a potion with these, you'll get healed AND love dicks. Just find a root that has heal and/or magic regen, but none of the other effects, use the mortar, maybe equip the rest of the alchemy set and make your potion.
There are some plants that are quite common and help you grind alchemy: marshmerrow, wickwheat and saltrice. But they grow far away from each other so you have to pick them up as you go.

>80 def
>45 def

pretty big difference

I mean, I know there are people who hate MSGO, but are you just baiting with that athletics/acrobatics shit?

No, medium is completely pointless.
Glass armor has higher rating than any medium, and daedric is a lot more protective than glass.

Why do you want to go slow for no reason?

Now let's get a little more advanced!

Let's take that same fire spell, set the range to touch, set the damage down to 1, and set a duration of 10 seconds, now it's a fire spell that lets you touch people and cause 1 fire damage every second for ten seconds

Enchanting items it basically applying these spell effects to the item, if you put this touch fire poke spell on a wearable, you can cast from that wearable, and make it take up that items own mana pool instead of yours, or if your super cheeky, set the range back to self, and then make the duration constant, you now have a robe that constantly does 1 fire damage to you.

Name it the robe of why am I on fire and sell it to a vendor for probably far too much money for what it is.

Nigger, medium armor got so gimped in this game. I hate it because many medium armors look nice but they're just so inefficient: at that weight I'd be better off with a good light armor like Chitin.
Oh OP, I forgot: if you get the expansions, look for the delayed Dark Brotherhood attacks or you'll get shanked by a trained assassin on your first night.

MGSO is garbage.

Because you'll continue to go faster and faster as the game goes on anyways. You level up athletics faster than every other skill save for maybe acrobatics.

Seriously, it takes too long.

Mark, Almsivi Intervention, restore mana at shrine, and Recall is still the best.

I don't think it looks that bad.

>you'll go fast just take 10 hours longer to do it
Yeah no.