Biggest Pokemon Go update ever

Pokemon Go is back!

>80 new Pokemon from the Johto region
>gender-specific variations
>new Evolution items at PokéStops
>Pokemon react in new ways as you’re trying to catch them
>new item carousels that allow you to select Berries and Poke Balls directly from the encounter screen
>two new berries
>a Nanab Berry will slow its movements, making it easier to catch
>The Pinap Berry doubles the amount of Candy you’ll receive if your next catch attempt succeeds
>New Avatars and an Expanded Wardrobe

All coming later this week.
pokemongolive.com/en/post/johto-pokemon

Are you gonna start playing again when the new update hits?

strawpoll.me/12344955
strawpoll.me/12344955
strawpoll.me/12344955

the fad is over. let it die.

He can't because it is his job, silly user.

>no battling
>no levelling
>retarded candy system
I really don't understand how everyone liked this so much.

>still no pvp

What the fuck

Neat, my sister plays this. She tells me about how she catches Lickytungs, Skyfurs and Dragonights.

The reason Pokemon Go was so big is that it was in Summer, when people actually had time to go for a walk catching pokemons. Nobody will give a fuck now.

The biggest let down about Pokemon Go was that it was nothing like Pokemon aside from catching monsters.

Nostalgia, and it was a free Pokemon game on mobile.

This.
People will probably start playing this shit again in summer.

Gamefreak and Nintendo would never let them run away with the dowry like that. It would become potentially dangerous to the survival of the mainline games.

Is there any actual battling yet?

Pokemon Go just broke the record for the fastest new product in human history to reach 1 billion in sales.

The fad is far from over.

Mobile can emulate gb pretty easily though.

i hope so, those were magical times or at least for me because i was on vacation in NYC when the game dropped.
But in all likelihood it's probably never gonna be as big as it was. I'd be surprised if 3/4 of the people from last summer return.

It's still nothing like. There's real-time evasion and attack frequency, no autistic hidden stats,

Hell, those two things alone make it already a much better game than Pokémon proper.

That is pretty impressive. I would be willing to bet though that 80% of that income was from less than 20% of the user base though.

Where's the fucking PvP? That shit was advertised the first fucking trailer so where the fuck is it?

Pokemon Go is shit anyways.

>PVP

The PVP is in Sun/Moon you fucks

I only play Sup Forums approved mobile games such as After School Summoners and Fire Emblem Heroes

It's more like 2%, and about half of all revenue comes from .2% of the player base. Free to play games are neat. It's like advertisement inside of advertisement. The fact that the fad is over doesn't matter, because they never cared about anybody but that weird 2% that sticks around and spends money.

It's pouring rain outside and no car, Maybe I'll play a bit in the park on Friday.

>PVP
Who can tap faster wins, woah!

Should have given it the Johto uldate 5 months ago when people cared.

>Still no PvP

Yeah, this can fuck right off.

This game is shit it has always been shit for normies and theres no way i would play this trash ever again

No battling with friends or strangers, no trading.

This game is hot garbage.

>implying they'll ever make the game actually worth playing

No, no. It's certainly over. It's been over for a long time.

I've had more fun with Pokémon Shuffle tbqh

More like who's more full of Revives

>ITT rabble rabble pokemon go is dead rabble rabble
>still making millions a day
>still fighting to keep gyms in town, against more people than ever
>set down 4 lures at a quad stop during the Valentines event
>cars starting pulling over and passerbys all stopped and vegged there with me
>people were still there when I left and probably a lot longer than that since lures last hours right now

Wow this game really is dead! I guess PokemonGo must be dying in the same way Nintendo is always dying, but whatever is killing them must be the shittiest fatal disease ever. Natural lifespans kill things faster.

>STILL NO OLD TRACKER
No, why would I walk around aimlessly

What about trading?

>set down 4 lures at a quad stop during the Valentines event
Wow I bet you caught a lot of new pokemon! Or, at least you were able to trades the ones you already had!

Took them far too long to implement this. Should have started updating it at the height of the fad.

The battling is stupid and trading would have been such a great feature at launch date. Really trading could have kept people interested since it makes them interact with others and form a community.

Can you catch the legendaries yet?

>80 Pokemon

... Why not all of them?

what about pokemon battling do they have that yet

This, the fuck are they thinking?

>no autistic hidden stat

There are IVs in Pokémon GO too

There were 100 new mons in gen2, so I guess they're not counting the few babies they already released, six legendaries they'll keep under lock and key for a bit and probably some new regionals/special event pokés.

>Wow I bet you caught a lot of new pokemon!

The whole point of pokemon go isn't just to catch new pokemon, it is powering pokemon up. You need to catch the same pokemon multiple times to get the candy to do that.

>>STILL NO OLD TRACKER
>No, why would I walk around aimlessly

There has been a functioning tracker for a while now.

Well 8 are already in the game and obviously the 6 legendaries wont be in there, not sure what the other 6 missing ones would be

>it's realtime, that makes it better

I agree! Pokemon Go™ is a great product and is more popular than ever! All sorts of fun and games can be had with Pokemon Go™!

No one cares.

I still see people around playing it, and it's pathetic.

Is this taking place on the same universe where the WiiU was a success?

The tracker now tells you around which pokéstop the pokémon is. It's okay.

>People

You mean teenagers and kids, who shouldn't even be here in the first place.

Where? I haven't seen anyone playing Pokemon go in months, and I work on a college campus.

>80 new Pokemon from the Johto region
where's da 20 missing pokemon?

There are hidden stats.

Did they fix the "gameplay"?

I saw a cutie in her 20s playing at a sandwich place while we were waiting for our food yesterday

It's almost like Go main audience isn't on Sup Forums

>playing mobile f2p shit
>making threads about it

Sup Forums really is done for, isn't it?

Neo-Sup Forums with it's nu male cucks has taken over.

This is just as falseflag-y as the Xbox thread thats up right now.

Gen 2 added 100 new pokemon. They are adding 80 to pokemon go soon. 7 are already there (the baby pokemon). Presumably the 6 legendaries (Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Celebii, Lugia, Ho-Oh) will not be released. That leaves 7 more that aren't going to be added. Which ones will they be?

get a job that contributes to society you bum

>no battling
shit

>Hell, those two things alone make it already a much better game than Pokémon proper.
Funny but no, PokeGo's gameplay is horrid.

i'm sure he was really cute user

Tell me when there's some actual fucking gameplay

Can i try my shitty starter to become GOAT? Until that is fixed I don't care about pogo.

>h-hey guise I use cool meme words too like the big boys here!! beta alpha gamma cuck

it's definitely over. Nobody gives a shit anymore.
How many people do you know that are still playing it compared to when it was released?

train*

Looks like a nu male Nintencuck got triggered.

It's okay, go back to your Mario Run.

Unown and Smeargle are probably going to be late like Ditto

They'll add Skarmory in gen 3.

>Gyms will still be overrun with Snorlax and Vaporeon because Johto will add nothing that can compete with them
Okay then.

>sales
>a free game
You wanna phrase that differently ?

All of my normie coworkers dropped Go after pestering me about it for ages, because apparently all the "new" pokemon (Gen II pokemon) look stupid.

I don't know why these people even care about Pokemon at all.

>Still have to live in a big city to have an okay time in the game
xD
ebin!!

Based off the CP and stat conversion formulas, Tyranitar will at least be on par with Dragonite.
Blissey, Donphan, Espeon, and Heracross will be up there as well

I do like the gameplay in Go better. It has actual variety unlike the mainline games. In the mainline games catching/gym battling/player battle is all exactly the same damn thing, and that lack of variety gets grating once you're on your third pokemon game. In Go catching pokemon is a game in of itself, and a surprisingly entertaining one. The battle system for gyms is different from that, and different from the mainline games, which makes it all very refreshing.
In the regular games, regardless of what you are doing, you can just hammer atk right through the entire game if you choose the right team, never seeing anything close to a change or variety outside of bgm change.

The only thing that bugs me is the lack of PVP and trading, but trading is coming soon and PVP is likely coming soon enough, so those aren't complaints for long.

is this sarcasm?

> It has actual variety unlike the mainline games
This has to be sarcasm

my mom and my mom

Just because it is different doesn't mean it is 'refreshing' or better. Taking a turd is different than Pokemon battle but it's not always refreshing.

What a dumb post you made. If the only positive things you can say are that it is different, it doesn't sound very good to me.

>PvP and trading are likely coming soon
It's been almost a year and they've only removed features since. They're adding gen 2 Pokémon and we've still yet to see a single legendary event. The only events have been changing the spawn rates of items and Pokémon, and there's been 3 of them for an entire year. One gave Pikachu a hat. It's fucking ridiculous.

Also
>You just hammer atk right through the entire game
>Says this while praising Go's battle system

I've played through 4 of the earlier games. You really just had to hammer attack and do nothing else to get through the entire thing, and no it wasn't sarcasm. It was also pretty boring. I could have probably tried to be a bit more tactical to make it more fun, but it just felt too monotonous to be worth it.

I haven't played any of the recent games, have they changed that at all? Is there an actual difference now between trainer battles/player battles/gym battles/catching pokemon?

You're still mashing the Super Effective Move, but now you get to mash the Z-Move Button and watch a 20-40 Second Animation before using a more powerful attack, or you press Mega Evolution ASAP so your Pokemon is now (usually) on par with Legendaries in terms of bullshit strength.

>You just hammer atk right through the entire game
>Says this while praising Go's battle system

It's not amazing, but you at least have to look at the screen because you actually have to react. That's a little better.

I don't hate turned based combat, I play a lot of JRPGs, but they're quite a bit more complex than Pokemon. Pokemon doesn't have the complexity (at least in the actual battles) to make turned based combat any fun. It's just cycling through 4 moves, and chances are only 2 of them will be useful in most battles.

>You really just had to hammer attack and do nothing else to get through the entire thing
You just described battles in GO. Except there's not even a difference between moves now.
Tap tap tap tap tap till one of the pokemon die.

lmao what is this dead game you're posting

College "kids" shouldn't be playing fucking Pokémon. "Kids" younger than that stormed the beaches in world war 2. I'm a 25 year old "kid" and even I see how this manchild generation is fucking pathetic
>huurrrr than why are you on Sup Forums

Did you try going to a park or something when Pokemon Go was big?
I saw plenty of 20-30 year olds

Wish I'd have more luck getting balls at stops. I get one, maybe 2, and tons of potions and berries. Still play, even still get together with others and hang out while casually playing.

>no actual pokemon mechanics
yeah nah
fuck off
its like these people don't know what makes pokemon fun

>you can't play if you rpoted your phone
I don't want this shit.

What? The pokemon battle system is amazingly deep. Hit the battle spot and see how far "mash the max power move" actually gets you. Everyone knows the pokemon main stories are nothing but extended tutorials.

you've nevre played with smogons rules on pokemon online and shieeet.
Pokemon is deep as shit. I still remember how I beat the number 1 guy on the ladder once just because of a lucky crit by abomasnow's iceshard on his gengar

>The battle system for gyms is different from that, and different from the mainline games, which makes it all very refreshing.
The battle system in Go is also much worse.

Different =/= Good.

a 5 year old can pull the trigger on a gun and kill you with it. It's not a question of ability. There's nothing wrong with playing Pokemon. And comparing yourself to people is wrong.
Are iraq war veterans proud of invading a country illegally? sure they were "brave" but what they did made the world a worse place.

>who has more revive potions: the battle
>variety

Kek

I just only care about pink cat and best fire starter Typhlosion

do you still have to have the app running constantly for anything to register? did they ever fix the measurements?