What was the point of Acrobatics in this game?

What was the point of Acrobatics in this game?

Backflips and running away from guards.

So you could jump-spam your way across Cyrodiil. I hated doing it but I couldn't stop.

dodging and im fairly sure less fatigue when fighting also running and swiming faster.

That was athletics

jumping on water

Jumping onto buildings and shit.
No real reason to invest in it but it was fun. Athletics I hated because I ended up too fast and so fights in narrow spaces ended up being anime-tier battles.

The higher your acrobatics the higher you can jump. I don't understand what's so hard to get.

On the last quest of the main story you could just jump around the blockages on the bridge in the giant Oblivion gate instead of having to take down the towers.

You can do flips when using a shield.
Also easy xp

The jumping animation is one of the worst I've ever seen

You don't even bend your knees, you just float up into the air and back down

>that moment you time the jump just right and just bounce

the real question is why would you want xp. leveling up just makes the game harder and if you level up with non combat skills you are just going to bone yourself later.

Flavour.

>bending your knees
Further proof that white boys can't jump.
All you have to do is explode off the balls of your feet.

jumping on rocks to summon a headless zombie when playing on hardest

Kek, by the end this was the only way I moved.

I remember my friend telling me this and I didn't believe me until he showed me his character skipping across the lake like Jesus himself

I don't know, but I love jumping in games. And I climb rooftops and shit in Oblivion

Dodgerolls were incredibly useful for stealth and combat
You could jump to high ledges to sequence break certain dungeons
At 100 skill you could skip across the fucking surface of water like Jesus himself as that other user said
At 25 skill you can also attack while jumping or falling, which is very useful too.

Tl;dr it's an essential skill like Athletics that levels up normally as you play, if you install a leveling mod like OblivionXP or Realistic Leveling it won't fuck over your character either.

What was the point of this thread again?

Dodgerolls, Backflips, Higher Jumps, and less damage when falling. What's not to get?

Moving faster by jumping around, getting points in endurance when you don't want to accidentally level primary skills.