PlayStation Now

>We’d like to share an important update on compatible devices for PlayStation Now.

>On August 15, 2017, we will be discontinuing the service on the following devices:

>PlayStation 3
>PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV
>All 2013, 2014, 2015 Sony Bravia TV models
>All Sony Blu-ray player models
>All Samsung TV models
>Additionally, 2016 models of Sony Bravia TVs will be discontinued on April 1, 2017.

>After thoughtful consideration, we decided to shift our focus and resources to PS4 and Windows PC to further develop and improve the user experience on these two devices.

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/15/playstation-now-service-update/

JUST

Playstation Now is shit anyway. Why not just give the PS4 true BC since putting an emulator on it is piss easy? Or why not just port PS3 games on PSN?

No one gives a shit about PSNow, why don't they shift focus and resources into actually fixing the backwards compatibility canyon between PS3 and PS4.

There's a reason PS3s are still selling well.

>There's a reason PS3s are still selling well.
You mean not at all

What if they make a hardware add on for PS3 BC?

emulating the PS3 is impossible.

They are though.

>for the 12 people still playing it
lulz
ripoff service anyway

Because why not just buy a PS3 at that point?

a 500gb PS3 is $180 on Amazon.

here in germany fat ps3 go for 80€ ebay. literally no excuse.

4ThePlayers

Not really. Sony just wants to Jew everyone with remasters.

Point me to actual PS3 HW sales from the past few years

Protip: you cannot

PS3 and 360 HW and SW sales fell off a cliff as soon as their successors were announced, if you think the PS3 is still selling well four years later, then I have a bridge to sell you.

MS discontinued the 360 last year and Sony have already started the process for the PS3 in several territories. Worldwide discontinuation will happen this year, book it.

this was the reason for $599 btw

GameStop has some PS3 units on sale for $40

Free BC vs 50$ """"HD""" remaster

Sony made his choice ant it's not 4theplayers

I can't say I even new the service was a thing, is it at least decent for PC?

>my speculation is fact

ok

Not an argument.

The cell processor is a mess.

Why would you pay for a dev to port the game, qa test, and all that jazz when you can resell the same exact code on a console where most of the players are exWii and 360 owners?

Makes no sense.

>Twisting this into a negative

It was a waste of resources for something only a few people with fiber internet could utilize. It was also too expensive and a retarded alternative to backward compatibility. Fuck PSNow.

Better yet, buy a PS3 and mod it.

I recently modded my slim that I had sitting in the closet.

It was a waste of money, the PS3 is garbage.

>not an argument
Not an argument.

they might want to jew you with remasters but the ps3 is a literal mess

there's a reason every multiplat ran worse on it and why certain games never got ported anywhere else (it just wasn't worth the hassle)

ps3 emulation is literally never ever tier

Speak for yourself dude, My PS3 gets a lot of use.

Games for it are super cheap.

>Buying games

I only pirate Nintendo games.

>copypasting code is imposible
Are you trying to delude yourself on purpose to have an excuse for paying $60 for the same games again or do you actually believe what you just said?

Awesome. I have five family members living in different states that have tried it and all of them said there was massive lag and disconnects.

Not to mention that PS Plus sales virtually died around the same time the service became active. Sony probably realized that they can sell more PS Plus subscriptions and pull in more money from sales than continuing the service.

Thank god.

Does this mean we will actially get backwards compatability

>Buying games at all
>Not buying used consoles and modding them
>Not pirating every PC game

Laughing my ass off at this dumb goy.

You don't know shit

Typing all that to waste our times

As a actual developer

The moment a Xbox original emulator is half complete is the day the ps3 emulator becomes a possible reality

>Used consoles
That's like buying a used car from a rental place. Only the worst of the worst sell their consoles.

Keep on using excuses nigger, you're still getting jewed.

well, i guess i have no reason to update to 3.61 then.

Fuck you sony.
Fuck you in the ass.

There is an actual working xbox emulator on xbox 360.
Emulation is much easier if you made the orignal console and have all the documentation and information you might need.

That being said, PS4 could never handle ps3 emulation.

I agree for handhelds.
But motherfucker a console is a console. If it works it works.
Not like there is a screen to dent.

ur really dumb

DUDE I HAVE NO IDEA HOW VIDEO GAMES WORK BUT I'LL ACT LIKE I DO TO SPREAD MISINFORMATION AND IGNORNACE EVERYWHERE LMAO

well it isnt #4ThePlayers and now it clearly isnt #4ThePayers either, who is it 4?

what are the chances that sony is doing this to put ps4 games in