Though many fans of the series didn't like being forced through a tutorial section each time they started a new game...

>Though many fans of the series didn't like being forced through a tutorial section each time they started a new game, the game's developers have stated it was a decision forced on them by Interplay to have a compulsory tutorial section.
Was Black Isle just trolling us by making the tutorial section the hardest part of the game?

Unless Fallout 1 and 2 are ported/remastered or whatever, New Vegas remains as the best Fallout

I love New Vegas but it's really obvious that Obsidian had so much more ideas for the game and could add so much more if they didn't have the deadline.

New vegas will remain the best Fallout simply because it's the best written one and has the best roleplaying due to an abundance of well designed multi-solution quests where your character stats, skills and perks actually matter.

Fuck off pleb. Gamebryo garbage will never be best anything. At least F1 and 2 have good presentation and reactivity.

As some who's played fallout 2, but never completed, should I start with 1 and then move to 2?

also hardcore mode with thirst and all that jazz

my nigger

I never said they had to be ported to Gamebryo, hell I'd rather see New Vegas ported to a better engine than a new Obsidian Fallout altough that may never happen ;_;

fallout 1 is a lot easier in the beginning since you already have a decent amount of supplies and actually a fucking gun.
only thing that's harder is the time limit but if you already know what to do, then it shouldn't be a problem. Also I don't know if it's still in the GoG version but there was even a time limit for the second part of the MQ that could fuck over the entire game world. I found that shit really intense.

>reactivity
Vegas had the best reactivity, the fuck are you talking about?

>b-but Interplay
>b-but Bethesda
Starting to see a pattern here.

>smoking
disgusting cock sucker. giving money to the fucking jews and killing himself on the process. fuckin nigger asshole. Dropped.

>want to play Fallout 2
>manage to get to Klamath
>about 45 mins in
>highest chance to hit I've seen is 32%

Yeah nah I'll just play New Vegas again instead.

Don't worry user, modders have done it with Morrowind and Oblivion, it could happen to FO:NV aswell.

Here's your (You), sonny. Don't spend it all in the same place, ok.

your loss
meanwhile I'm going to whore myself for caps in New Reno

it wasn't hard but it was really shit. why did they make all the art assets for this area? they're totally out of place in arroyo, they couldn't build this shit. maybe they only made them for that temple in san francisco originally?

maybe it was some kind of an old indian temple that got overrun by radscorpions

>in a fight with a scorpion
>both standing right next to each other
>miss
>miss
>scorpion hits you for 4 damage
>scorpion hits you for 3 damage
>miss
>miss
>miss
>miss
>miss
>miss
>you hit scorpion for 7 damage
>miss
>miss
>miss

So fun and immersive. I actually want to play this game but I don't have enough patience to get past this. Too many good games that don't have bullshit like this in it.

its not hard, just boring. It takes like 2 minutes do get through the dungeon. the mini boss is also a fun part of the game.

For all people talk up the reactivity in Fallout 1 and 2 I was disappointed with it, felt like the game often couldn't react appropriately to my actions. You can just blow up that guy at the gate of Westin Ranch and stroll on in to chat with the employees like nothing happened for example. Then there's shit like dialogue options disappearing for no reason.

You were using wrong weapon?

wrong thread?

>why i'm bad as a lvl1 scrub from a piece of shit tribal village????!!!!

Using the sharpened spear I got from that guy next to the bridge on the way out of the village.

>can't hit a giant mutant scorpion that is standing right next to him with a spear

It's not even that I have a problem with hit percentages, it's that the fucking percentages are so low. It should at least be 75% or something, but I'm missing more attacks than I'm hitting.

>implying hunger, thirst, and sleeping wasn't tedious boring shit

>there are people that actually defend this bullshit

I mean, I love Fallout series and all, but even you had to admit the combat was pretty bullshit

>even asking this question

lmao'ing hard at you, bitch boi

Are you trying to fight them with weapons you're not skilled with or something? Just get a gun, IIRC it's not hard to scrounge up the gold for it. Sulik is even cheaper.

The primary needs elements were only had immersive value and weren't fun mechanics, but the other mechanical changes hardcore mode brings are good. Fucking stupid you can't have them without the primary needs bullshit.

I'm sure there's a mod that disables it.

I tagged small guns at the start but I haven't actually bought/found a gun at the start. I talked to some guy in the village and he leveled up my melee skill so it's at 45% right now which is actually one of my highest stats.

Even right off the bat in the tutorial temple I was missing a shit ton.

>45%
>one of my highest stats
just read the manual and start a new build
you're going to have a real hard time if you don't have any combat skill above 50% by the time you leave Arroyo

>make a character that's terrible at combat
>wonder why you're terrible at combat

Has anyone noticed that the Fallout games, barring Tactics and BoShit, follow a distinct pattern?

Holy shit I despise these millennials

>didn't put points into skill
>wtf why do I not hit??? trash game, let me go back to my console 3d shit

Fucking kill yourselves.

Some of the tribesman in Arroyo will train you in Melee Weapons and Unarmed for free if your skill is low, make sure you meet the STR requirement of the weapon you're trying to use and remember using Healing Power lowers your PER.

>Temple of Trials
>Hard

I see none of you ever tried out a melee character.