Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/367288564/#367288564
youtube.com/watch?v=Ej3qjUzUzQg
youtu.be/5hlIUrd7d1Q?t=1m34s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

modern technology

>what are chinks in armour

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/367288564/#367288564

Maybe you should mix things up instead of making the exact thread again if you want more replies. Alternatively make a thread on /tg/ where they actually discuss the content even if it's a bait one.

very nice

>wear plate armor
>melee damage resistance goes up

>wear cloth armor
>magic damage resistance goes up

It's called a steel tip.

Or a warhammer.

Top kek

>wear cloth armor
>fire damage resistance goes up

goddammit fuck you I was eating

>oh shite a crossbow

>"their armor is weak at the neck"
and below the shoulders
and at their elbows
>their hands
sides
groin
knees
plus they move slow as shit with 60 pounds of metal strapped to them
>implying maces and axes give a shit about armor
>what is kinetic energy/impact

this arrow has no steel tip
also what is the strength of that bow ?

kek.

Wool is very fire resistant.

So's steel, but if you want fire protection in armor, it best be dragon scale, and I mean from a literal dragon.

They don't move significantly slower than anyone else. They will tire quicker, but the 50-60lbs is spread out across the entirety of your body. You can barely feel it at all, to be honest.

>mfw our fighter just got a set of platemail armor in DnD
love dat plate

>armor weak at neck, below shoulders, etc...
All depends on which type of armor a given warrior has.
>le plate armor made warriors slow and sluggish meme
Nope.
Youre right about maces and kinetic energy thing though.

>immune to all damage from weapons
Oh hello there, did somebody ask for a tincan opener?

I haven't played since 3.5 - are fighters still worthless?

Uh steel is absolutely not fire resistant. Do you understand how blacksmithing works?

> all damage from weapons
does that include magic weapons also?

Look, throw some armor and some wool in a furnance, let's see which lasts longer.

>plus they move slow as shit with 60 pounds of metal strapped to them

>So's steel
Wool can protect your skin from burns for as long as it doesn't catch fire itself, which is reasonably long. Steel will heat up and melt your skin

5e does a good job with class balance. Wizards, clerics, and druids are still a bit better than most martials but they certainly keep up. By the 3.5/PF tier list style they all bounce between tier 3 and tier 4 with an occasional archtype/build pushing itself up to 2. Newly released UA with Lore Wizard is sure as fuck gonna get nerfed some.

>love combat and mechanics
>hate when things get into 4 hour investigation and endless talk

Maybe i should switch to DnD if i can find a group, my current ones are all talk no combat of various other settings. If that makes me a murder hobo then so be it.

case in point; that guy's so slow it looks like he's running in slow-motion

>when the Pope announces a new crusade.webm

I don't think any armor is going to help you if you're crawling in a furnace. Wool is very good at not catching on fire though, and is thus useful in situations where you might be near fire.

A knight in full plate has less weight on him, and better distributed, than modern soldiers.

It's something we call game balance

>if only crossbows were invented

You got me it was all a ruse.

>wear plate armor
>make tranq-spam casuals ragequit

was that a wood tipped arrow?

hi, the gas pistol and the stun shotgun called

Ours is doing great, with double attack he can wreck fools while I stay safe and shoot stuff with magic.

Wizards are broken as shit.

You should just try a dungeon crawl to start with.

Man could you imagine having one of these fuckers barreling down on you on the battlefield? It's like a walking tank, what the fuck are you supposed to do? Hope you can knock him over and stab him through the eye slit?

This.

You're full of shit and have never actually worn armor before.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ej3qjUzUzQg

>-b-but muh 60 retarded imperial pound ?!

americans stay out of medieval threads

Then you instigate fucking combat, bitch. If you're DM is good he'll roll with it. What class you playing?

Say you're talking to a king or some shit, say you walk over to a servant and call him a pleb or some shit. Then kill him. If your DM is good, he'll instigate a fight. If your DM goes "oh the King is like 'I never liked him anyway'" keep trying until it's impossible.

If your called out on it OOC then just say that you're bored as fuck and 4 hrs of talking and playing Sherlock Holmes isn't fun.

>plate
nothing personnel

*aims at you*
Pssh nothin personnel kid

>Ours is doing great, with double attack he can wreck fools while I stay safe and shoot stuff with magic.
>
>Wizards are broken as shit
What edition. Cause in 5e he'd be doing the same thing as a battlemaster archer.

Stay off the internet, eurocucks.

you know jackshit about history and imperial is retarded

Nobody in their right mind was attacking guys in full plate with swords. Maces did those guys in hard. Hell, even if you only had a sword you could use the hammer move with it that was an actual technique where you would grab the blade of the sword and use the hilt as a hammer to hit their heads. Ideally you wouldn't be in that situation to begin with though. Sword was always a last resort weapon most of the time.

Maces

How the hell were rapiers "anti armor"?

Good old Mordhau

that's just advice to actually be a murder hobo

why not just talk to them OOC like an adult instead

You see user, things with more mass have a lot of force behind them if swung. The more surface area of a weapon, the more equally the force will be spread across a surface you strike.

If you equip yourself with a blunt weapon like a mace, a knight becomes a personal screaming drum for you to enjoy.

Not really, there is a difference between murdering everybody you meet and trying to instigate combat because the DM is railroading you into boring non-combat.

I always assume when people moan about shit in their groups they have actually talked OOC to the group and the DM and shit hasn't changed.

presumably they're pretty cool if somebody is wearing a vest or something since you can be precise,they're not gonna be all that significant if somebody is head to foot steel

They weren't. Guns and crossbows were anti armor. As combat turned towards range and huge armies, armor turned out to be less than efficient and too expensive for its benefits.

Rapier is good enough for a dude wearing a shirt.

Focal point. Also easier to aim in exposed areas. This shit is real simple stuff, user.

Longbow isn't long enough.

murdering random npcs for no reason would seem to fit mostly into the former category

People we wearing less armor because of the increased effectiveness of guns. Raipers started becoming extremely common due to this.

>Rapier are the greatest swords even invented

>Katana-weebs on suicide watch

>playing fire emblem sacred stones
>rapier does extra damage to armor

For what purpose?

Is Shitendo retarded?

Good luck.

Longbow just has to be taller than the user. That bow is most certainly taller than the user.

youtu.be/5hlIUrd7d1Q?t=1m34s

>drive a car
>not immune to all damage

>wear bullet proof armor
>not immune to all bullets.

>crossbows were anti armor

This is a meme. Crossbows were not really anti-armor. The real strength of the crossbow was that anybody could use it effectively without extensive training. The fact of the matter is there is simply not enough tension on the crossbow string to consistently penetrate armor. It's no where near the power of a war bow or similar.

Plate armor is not as heavy as it looks like it is. A firefighter's gear is heavier than plate mail.

This begs the question..

Why the fuck don't modern soldiers wear iron man type of armor? How stupid is the military to NOT create armor that covers the entire body to prevent headshots and other critical parts of the body?

>Why the fuck don't modern soldiers wear iron man type of armor
its heavy and slow.

there are no power sources that can power it long enough.

They wear armor. Lots of it.

But now it has to stop rifle bullets, which are considerably harder to stop than wooden arrows, and you can't spend a million per guy.

that's racist dude

1.It won't be immune, explosives and high caliber weapons still would be useful against it.
2.Imagine how much it would weight, infantry these days already have too much shit on them, yay, let's double that weight that will reduce soldier's capabilities such as speed, endurance viewing angles and so on for barely any advantage whatsoever.
Also there are big ass armor suits in different armies but their usage is extremely rare.

Why bother doing all that shit when it's going to cost as much as an IFV but with only a fraction of the firepower or utility?

Your life is definitely cheaper than whatever the fuck you are proposing. Especially if you were dumb enough to join the army voluntarily.

that game has such coool armor stacking, god not even triple A games have such good looking item equipping

Literally nothing wrong with military unless you're a massive pussy.

I know you're joking but saving soldiers lives should be top priority.

Yeah, sad but true. We could probably come close to powerarmor, but lives are pretty cheap in the big picture.

if you want to pay for it be my guest

How do you suggest we give full-body protection against FIREARMS to a soldier? He's either going to be so extremely heavy that it's not worth it, or he's not going to be protected well at all.

We don't have the tech, and we won't have the tech ever, probably. Doesn't matter how fancy your Iron Man suit is, you still got momentum to deal with. The suit might stop Mohammed's RPG-7, but the shock will turn your organs to mush, and there is no protection against this.

Plate carriers will stop intermediate rounds, ceramic armor can even stop full rifle rounds, but due to its nature will only be able to stop 2-4 before it loses integrity and won't stop any more.

Anything heavier than steel or ceramic plates is too much to carry when you also have to lug a hundred pounds of bullshit. If it weren't for the fact that the army is fully mechanized soldiers wouldn't even wear that, as it's just too heavy and unlike plate, the weight doesn't support itself.

Dismounted infantry, namely Special Forces, that are operating without rides for extended periods of time generally don't wear much armor at all. They might wear a chest plate, but usually just Kevlar if that. They don't seem to wear helmets either on that note.
I am referring specifically to long operations, like Green Beret Ops, snatch and grabs or smash ops they come in loaded for bear because they do insertion via helicopter and extraction via helicopter within a short time frame. Rangers are technically SF and will have a full load out, but they're assault and hold units, they specifically aren't for mobile ops.

How much does a life cost then?

>saving soldiers lives should be top priority.
Then we should replace them with armed drones.

Soldiers are cheap, war is costly. strictly business.

>Literally nothing wrong with military unless you're a massive pussy.

Depends on what branch (assuming we're talking about the U.S.)

Navy and Air Force can make for a great career choice. Marines is pretty cool.

But Army is complete bottom of the barrel. Only retards join the Army.

>voluntarily becoming reprogrammed to kill and bark like a cockerspaniel
>killing your fellow man overseas because one man tells you to

I mean if you're into mindbreak and being a sub by all means

according to the U.S military around 500k, which is how much it costs to train a completely new soldier to be combat ready and supply him with equipment.

nah it was mdoern high carbon steel

most plate until 1500s was wrought iron which protected from most arrow, but crossbow wrecked it
then there is simple fact taht full,true plate armor was worn only by 3% of warriors that could afford it, most you got as wealthy man at arms is cuirass,helmet and maybe gauntlets
it's like comparing ferrari and ford focus

That was exactly what they did. Now armored men-at-arms werent all that common considering how expensive those suits were to make and almost always anyone who could afford them were a noble of some sort and mounted. The British used the Bill, which was a farming tool or something like it, to dismount a French knight and then about five or six peasants would hold him at knife point and demand he surrender. This way the peasants got a fuck ton of money and the noble didnt die. Otherwise they would stab him in the eyes, neck if its exposed, armpits, the inside of the elbow and knee, and all other non-fatal spots so it was messy and loud work which no one really likes.

/k/ is that you?

A realistic medieval game that actually modelled armour properly would be pretty fucking neat.