Apparently the Switch's Virtual Console games will have online multiplayer

Apparently the Switch's Virtual Console games will have online multiplayer.

I don't know how true that is since I only was able to find one (reliable) source but that would be freaking huge if it's true, almost a system seller in itself.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Sup Forums completely ignoring good features of the Switch so they can complain about other things

That would actually be fucking sweet. Fingers crossed that it's true and Nintendo won't have the Switch VC library start from scratch like Wii U

>I don't know how true that is since I only was able to find one (reliable) source
...Are you talking about nintendo.com?

nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

fucking retard

>being able to pay for 20 year old ROMs and then pay again to play them online with some other manchild is a system seller
SWITCH WON

Honestly, Virtual Console games having multiplayer will probably be what actually gets me to buy VC games rather than just emulating. Setting up Netplay is a pain and incredibly unreliable.

I hope they have Tetris Attack and Kirby's Dream Course.

Well damn.

Why has nobody ever talked about this?

I don't know about you, but playing Smash Bros 64, Mario Kart 64, or Tetris Attack (probably going to have to settle with Pokemon Puzzle League) online without having to set up awkward emulator netplay sounds fucking fantastic

People did plenty, you just didn't notice

Because we don't talk about shit companies, kid

>Smash Bros 64, Mario Kart 64
not NES or SNES

and we don't even know that there will be netplay for games that aren't the monthly subscriber game

You know, i would have been happy whatever shitty console would have come out of Nintendo this time, but they had to introduce paid online like sony and microsoft.

I guess that would be a very Nintendo way to ruin something as great as playing VC games online

Good point, I would rather spend $370 on a Switch and a real controller, then $8 or more per decades old ROM of a game I already bought as a kid, plus a monthly fee to play them online, than waste a second of my precious time setting up emulator netplay for free. Also none of the games you talked about will have online multiplayer, so your only option to play them online IS to set up awkward emulator netplay. NES and SNES games only.

Smash 4 has pretty bad netplay, so I can't imagine their Kaillera knockoff will be particularity good except for people within your state.

>online vc
>rumors of gc vc are starting
>kirby air ride online
I NEED IT

>Gamecube virtual console
>Switch doesn't have any analog buttons
At absolute best you'll get Air Ride HD for $60 lol

How many games do you really think use analog?

It's probably only for the monthly games.

Who cares? What SNES game would actually benefit from online play?
Include N64 games and then we can talk.

>Online multiplayer for VC
>Online compatible games include Super Mario Kart and Kirby Superstar

most

>Probably
Probably not.

I can't wait to play Mario Party 2 online with my friends. I'd pay $600 just for that.

it is fucking easy to send multiplayer inputs online. they saw how popular netplay was with dolphin and smash bros melee and said we can make money off this

they probably won't patch the games at all. you'll probably just connect to a friend and one of your inputs acts as a second controller. that's it

Don't be surprised when 'Online Multiplayer' just means Online Leader board.

Because the fact that it's only a monthly rental despite you paying the yearly subscription takes away from it