Man, this game is a fucking blast to play. I love the naval battles...

Man, this game is a fucking blast to play. I love the naval battles, and how little a shit Conway gives about the Assassin vs Templar plot.

I have a question, though: how many upgrades should I get before I start taking on Man O Wars? I've been giving them a wide berth for a while now and I'm wondering when my ship will be powerful enough to take them on

stop having fun you faggot

>have fun at the beginning sailing my ship and shit
>suddenly everything changes from tropical islands into some sci-fi lab bullshit
>some bitch telling me to look at lamps
>uninstall

Im not gonna bother with the other AC games because I can probably guess it's the same

Get some armor upgrades, a good ram and mortar at the very least

You can use the mortar from a distance to chip away at them as you approach directly for a collision. Cannons or heavy artillery should finish them off after that

I don't get it, I liked the little Abstergo segments for how much they were shitting on Ubisoft.

its been awhile since I played but I do remember them Man o wars being pretty tough.

get more upgrades

Why do you literally have a pasta for this shit?

Because i wanted to play a pirate game not fucking sci fi game

>95% the game is pirates
>5% is sci-fi plot shit that takes 5 minutes to run through and doesn't bother you again when the storyline is over
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Autism

Better do all the side shit before the main story depresses you too much.
As for Man o' Wars, when frigates seem like ez frags to you, you are ready. You should upgrade the ship's ram and mortar for them too

>Better do all the side shit before the main story depresses you too much.

I've just gotten to the point where Nassau has the plague and you need diving bells to get the cure. Does it get worse from there?

No upgrades, don't enter combat mode and try to catch Man o War on your own. You'll just need to kill everyone, get back to your ship and damage Man O War once, congrats you won (well sometimes the game will tell you to destroy the flag on completely empty shit)

pretty sure they patched that.

>Does it get worse from there?
Yes

I was playing Black Flag last week and captured 3 ships in a row that way. Also ships that guard the islands will shoot at you, I don't think the other ones do.

Honestly, you're best of blasting through the story as fast as possible then enjoying the game.
While the actual story is fine, the main missions are garbage, mainly "tail this guy" over and over.
Just get to the end to get all the weapons and best girl.

OP here, I also predicted that Captain Kidd was a girl from the first time she spoke. There's no way that voice sounds masculine

Ship "stealth" was kinda cool

>Can I steer your BOAT

It wasn't supposed to be a surprise, also all pirates you meet were real people irl, including a tomboy that dressed up

Conway is easily the best protagonist in the series. He knows it's all bullshit and is just a fuckin pirate.

I wish Freedom Cry was as fun