Fire Emblem discussion. Ready for Echoes? Hopeful for it? What are you hoping for with the new FE game coming to Switch?

Fire Emblem discussion. Ready for Echoes? Hopeful for it? What are you hoping for with the new FE game coming to Switch?

Excited but it's further away than I thought

Cautiously optimistic, hopefully less tropey characters and less waifu simulator
I really like the direction the art style is going though

Sea III on gaiden is ree worthy just because of the zombie spam.

to surpass conquest in gameplay.

I don't see that happening.

Even if it doesn't have the features the normie market likes, they don't bother to check game info before buying it. Normies will buy this game out for its name alone, it can't fail.

Fire Emblem Heroes (of all fucking things) really made me want to get back into FE after Awakening ruined it forever, so I'm hoping it's going to play more like the classic FE games rather than a modern day waifu sim

>Oh wow, only one guy? This'll be quick.

Awakening literally saved the franchise.

there are fates worse than death user

Literally my reaction, and he's a pain in the ass to take down too.

Not that guy but while it did save the franchise, and I personally really enjoyed it, it did add a lot of mechanics that are bad for newcomers wanting to play other games in the series. It's like a babies first FE

I want it to be my first, but I wont buy it if it's censored to shit like the last few games.

>What are you hoping for with the new FE game coming to Switch?

1. If there's going to be another Avatar character, make them less central to the story and focus more on developing the main lord(s). More like New Mystery of the Emblem and less like Awakening and Fates, although to give Awakening credit, Robin isn't too bad.

2. Make the main lord(s) more unique. Since any main Fire Emblem character is first in line to be added to a Super Smash Brothers roster, it would be nice to get a new lord that isn't a blue haired swordsman.

3. Only one version of the game please. Stop getting all of your ideas from GameFreak, Intelligent Systems.

Can't wait for it to bomb because everyone pirate games

Yeah, ending series with poorly written garbage like RoD

I will pirate this game and won't bother with fe switch, we all know that's going to be awakening 3.0.

Man I can't wait for NPC I can recruit running into a group of enemies before I can speak to him!

Anyone ever play any decent romhacks? I downloaded Mad Mode last night but haven't played it yet. Anyone else have it? Is it any good?

So, is this a remake or a reimagining of an older game?

No one really knows how close to the original it is. But seem like it's more of a remake with the same weird mechanics as in FE2.

>ready for 60 evasion gravestones and forests
>ready for magic to take up 2-4 lifepoints and end up missing anyways
>ready for Zombie dragons to travel across the map to fuck up your healer

I sure am.

>less waifu simulator
Yeah nah, they aren't throwing away that cash cow now. It's the easiest money ever.

So far they've had two chances (four if you count every version of fates) to make a modern FE game and both times it's been dumbed down, uninspired, boring levels topped with a bunch of random waifusim features.

It's pretty obvious they're not making games for people that actually like playing fire emblem anymore. Not when they're shitting out games with worse level design than games in the series made more than a decade ago.

If they don't care about improving upon past games in the franchise and regress just so they can appeal to more people, then I don't care about their game.

Maybe it'll be good, but with how modern game development goes these days I really doubt it.

>hopefully less tropey characters
You never played Gaiden, let alone FE before... have you? You'll basically be getting awakening 2.0 with less unit bloat. Still a cool game to experience.

Where's your proof and do you really speak for everyone?

>Conquest
>Uninspired and boring levels

It's a pirate-based game where you get to sail between different islands and make a crew of units in a branching storyline that shares one general meetup point for the plot before the ending.
The music is all done like Wind Waker & Sunshine's style with various flutes and tropical instruments.
Kozaki back on artstyle blast.
Marriage returns purely for shipfag purposes and more cute yuri.
Vampire and bird-people subhumans.

just finished chapter 1 of gaiden.

goddamn,the moment i heard the new music that you get with celica i realised i underestimated just how interesting and fun this game would be...

>Vampire and bird-people subhumans

Can someone explain, why people play fire emblem?
For gameplay? As a srpg all games in the series fall between mediocre and casual shit
For story? Only one game in the series had decent writing(genealogy), and fan favorite one(RoD) is example if one of the worst written games in the history of gaming

So, 8-4 is localising this game.
Is this a good thing or a bad thing compared to Treehouse?

How does all of the games fall into mediocrity or casual shit?

>For gameplay? As a srpg all games in the series fall between mediocre and casual shit
Nigga, the older games are like the only SRPG games that are actually about the tactics and not the party micro management.

>ready for Zombie dragons to travel across the map
it's gon b great

8-4 when working on Nintendo games tends to fall into Treehouse level of localization. Sometimes they are better (maybe they were the ones to put dual audio in Awakening) and others they will fall into NoA's trap. When people were complaining about the doge meme in Triforce Heroes 8-4 said that it was fine and people need to get over it.

Anyone here use Nightmare? I want to change some prepromote units to base classes. Like make Seth a Cavalier. Can this be done? I have absolute zero experience with this.

Both are bad, Treehouse is far worse.

>Satoshi Urushihara doing the art for Fire Emblem
Yes or no?

I wouldn't say 8-4 are great either but compared to Treehouse, I would take 8-4.
I know 8-4 can be a bit oversensitive about certain things but at least they seem to care somewhat and try to do a good job.
I expect all their censorship was done under order by Nintendo anyway but they can never talk about it.

The rng is fun like a slot machine, also waifus.

What do you mean by party micro management?

>ready for 1 movement desert tiles
>ready for some dude to summon a gorrillion gargoyles
>ready for maps full of literally nothing

Fuck off Jill, either we get Castlevania-tier Draculas and Draculinas or we end up with more furshitters. Bird people should be Aztec jungle savages to parallel the posh & elegant vamps.

>there are fates worse than death
>fates

heh

Yes, through the Event Editor in FE8.
You need to locate the instance a character is loaded as a player character for the first time, and change the class they come in from there.
To change stats and growths, that is done through the Character Editor. The character's stats are their personal bases + the class bases.

I shouldn't have used the term so vaguely. I mean it's less about stuff present in series like Disgaea and Final Fantasy Tactics. Less about switching classes, collecting skills, micro managing every little aspect of a character. Basically turns it into a JRPG on a grid since tactics aren't really important if you win the game in the party menu between missions. I specified older titles since the newer ones are trying to delve into this a bit.

>place your units
>wait until AI kill himself about them
>Even during offense
>Oh, and if it's protect npc mission, AI will ignore him for the sake of killing himself about your units
Come on, you can't call it tactic
And it's funny how despite butchering gameplay awakening finally fixed my last complain

Thanks user. I was in the character editor. Giving Eirika some slightly better stats and growths because she always seems kind of sub tier for a Lord to.

Mods are fun lol

I do agree. Honestly I feel that a lot of Treehouse localizers don't care and would be fine with leaving in some of the weirdness. But it's the higher ups that remember the 90's and all the shit they had to deal with. And so they use that mindset to make sure they never have to deal with that again.

I'm only like 6 chapters into Thracia 776 and Leif's Lightbrand is already almost broken. Should I repair it? Or should I save the repair staff for other stuff?

Are you playing easy/casual difficulty on the new games or something? Because I'm calling bullshit. Along with that, maps generally have something to push you along like side objectives and treasure, so if you turtle like a shitlord then you lose. I suppose if you totally misrepresent the games, they're awful, but that's true of any series.

I have but some characters are just utter trash with HOW tropey they are with the best example being Peri, I also don't like Selena either

What do you mean by "win the game in the party menu between missions"?

>switching classes, collecting skills, micro managing every little aspect of a character.

I'm just ready to move away from Fates at this point, that game is such a mess.

>"THE CASTLE HAS BEEN SEIZED I MUST GO BACK AND RESCUE SHANNAN"
>walks away from the castle
>"YOU STAND BETWEEN ME AND SHANNAN"
>kills Alec
thanks ayra

Save the repair staff it is one of the strongest items in the game, you should use his light sword as little as possible, since you can use it in the item menu and it'll take a charge off an heal Leif to 100%. It's also great for weakening bosses/killing enemies with low magic. Sucks that it's breaking so soon into the game.

Also make sure you save the children in basically every mission, esp early on. The first time you save children you get a warp staff from it down the road which just breaks the game in the player's hands.

While I agree with most of what you're saying. I also think FE is a garbage series for the most part.
>As a srpg all games in the series fall between mediocre and casual shit
This however isn't true, because Thracia 776 exists and it's still a solid srpg and one of the best games on snes. But yes, as srpgs most of them are shit. That's actually one of the big complaints the series has been receiving since the famicom games that still holds true.

Why would you be spending all that time switching classes and collecting skills? And no shit there's micro management within characters, that's been the case since day one.

Ayra is best.

I'm having a hell of a time recruiting her. I've tried a few different units to lure her and she ends up either killing the lure or running back to the castle. So I'm stumped

I need more Echoes trailers! It comes out in three months!

Have you played Final Fantasy Tactics? Collecting skills so you can get new classes with better skills is like half the game. And no, that didn't exist in Fire Emblem since day one, what are you on about?

It's pretty simple. Send Quan or Alec over to the left side of the nearby forest and have him lure Arya for a few turn, then rush with your other units to the castle.

If I recall, you can place Cuan just out of her range tot he west of the castle, and she'll start chasing him, then just lure her around the forest, and try to have Sigurd capture the castle as soon as possible.

>but some characters are just utter trash with HOW tropey they are with the best example being Peri, I also don't like Selena either
Honestly they should lower the amount of supports characters can have and instead work on having a small amount of supports per character.

But she tries to run back to the castle before I can conquer it and kills someone. I guess I need to be more patient and lure for a bit longer.

It sucks knowing there will never be game like Thracia made. It had the best art style of all the FE games too imo.

I just like it when classes promote.

I'm making a game with heavy Thracia inspiration.

inb4 "fuck indies" :(

this
Not TOO small, though, about 6 would be best

You don't need to waste your time with collecting skills through reclassing, as skills don't make the unit entirely you also have stats to worry about. And besides if you're playing a no grind playthrough on the games that have skirmishes, you're spending money buying reclassing items and you're likely are going need to build up a new weapon rank from the lowest level if you let's say reclass from Swordmaster to Wyvern Lord. And I interpreted micromanagement to be inventory, promotions, supports and equipping and unequipping different skills in Tellius.

You're overusing it. I wouldn't repair it unless you're desperate, the repair staff is very important. After the Manster escape chapters, the light sword isn't that necessary, but still useful in some situations.

I like the style. Also The gameplay though anything I say to defend it won't even register with you as you've already decided to hate the series

Good luck.

that's stupid desu

they're all in an army together, so they should all naturally have the potential to get to know each other

the ultimate goal of the series (in terms of supports) should be well-written supports between every character

Reminder that lower support opportunities makes usage of supports to be less flexible gameplay-wise.

Friend, I think you've totally misunderstood my posts.Follow the reply chain, I was responding to an user who said FE was shit gameplay by stating that it does that micromanaging less and thus is a good SRPG.

So when are we gonna get another multigenerational epic that doesn't involve time travel or alternate dimensions?

When they remake FE4.

Never again

Okay nevermind what I said.

Never.
The fanbase that was introduced through Awakening wouldn't be able to handle having their entire army killed at once.

The reason characters are reduced to being so tropey with little depth is because they're written to be able to have support conversations with so many other units
Quality>quanity

When they remake 6/7 into one game.

Which fucking game?!
I'm interested.

I hope it goes well user, you're probably the only hope of a game even resembling Thracia being made in the modern day.

Can you imagine if the game was released today? Thousands of tumblr comics of someone drawing themself being like "Oh man I sure like Fire Emblem? What's this? MY PARTY DIED OH THE FEELS" and then have thirty panels of themself crying in an obnoxiously over the top way.

Thanks for the advice.

The Manster escape has been a hell of a ride, I'm surprised they did something like that so early on in the game. They've honestly been some of the toughest chapters I've played in the franchise.

Do any of the later chapters have the same feel? Or does the game sorta balance out after this point?

>rath of dadiance

I think so too. The character portraits in game are good. The artstyle also isn't "dated" like some of Genealogy's and it isn't modern anime. It's just right.

I loved the choice of using Atelier's artist for this game, I wonder if they'll use him again for the Switch game.

Also, dungeon crawling looks neat.

Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War.
A big plot point is your entire army falling into a trap and getting killed.
The game continues ~20 years later with the children of the characters.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War for SNES, use the newest translation patch by Project Naga.

Have fun.

What ever happened to Kaga anyway?

I'll pirate it once it's on the eShop, buy it if I like it.

Really do not care. I'm much more interested in Fire Emblem Warriors.

What's the best translation patch for thracia? Mine is all fucky and weird

apart from gorrilion gargoyles, you just described FE4

Oh I get it, you're one of those faggots I hear so much about.

The game is at its hardest in the first half from my experience.

There are definitely difficult missions in the latter half, but by that time you have the tools to deal with everything the game throws at you if your playthrough is going well.