Let's have a chill nioh thread

Let's have a chill nioh thread

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/wyya5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How many main missions are there in the last region?

These threads are dying faster each day

because there's another one going on

>game came out like last week
>still pretty early in
>threads are already filled with "Hey guys how do you like my level 1,000 armor set that I got in NG +8?

every fucking new release you losers

but user I haven't even beat the story yet

>Mitsunari Ishida only trusts Kelley because Kelley promised he'd resurrect Hideyoshi Toyotomi
>Gets literally backstabbed
>Tenkai is Mitsuhide Akechi because why not its not like he died 18 years before the game is set
>He somehow convinces Mitsunari that Ieyasu is the one worth following in a couple sentences, and probably could have done that before Sekigahara actually took place

This story's getting really weird

>Yatagarasu is a cool-ass spirit
>His passives suck dick and his living weapon is Wind, the worst element
Why can't the radical three eyed crow be useful?

Post your face when:
>Adjusted Amrita Regeneration from Extraction Talisman while using Living Weapon

Story is pretty shitty. Kelly is a saturday morning mustache twirling evil character and William never learns to speak japaense but every jap knows how to speak english somehow

I advise just skipping cutscenes. It becomes Samurai Warriors in the second half of the game. Just constantly dropping in characters you've never been introduced to and expecting you to be keeping up

Didn't affect me at all because I don't cheese.

Almost all Chinese martial arts movies make this mistake. Introducing characters without giving a single word about who they are or what they're even doing there. There's at least a dozen characters I can't differentiate because I don't have 15th century Japanese history fucking memorized.

doesn't the gay cat spirit give william the ability to understand nip speak/give the nips the ability to understand him? I think hanzo alone speaks english. but, yeah, the story is unashamedly cheezy shit.

>it becomes Samurai Warriors in the 2nd half of the game

who the fuck would buy Nioh without having at least a rudimentary grasp on the Sengoku Period

Yesterday's thread lasted for hours and reached well over 400 replies.

>who the fuck would buy Nioh without having at least a rudimentary grasp on the Sengoku Period
probably 99.9% or greater of the westerners who bought it, i'd wager.

Are you mentally retarded?

It's still good for healings if you have Fuse Ushi

>Had game a couple of days
>Check trophies
>People have already got Platinum

>meet new character
>Dramatic death that is supposed to impact me emotionally
>When I just met the guy ten minutes ago

>Another character getting his shit slapped in a cutscene.
>I'm supposed to hate him for some reason?
>Only interaction we've had is quest text and me farming his armor.

Its piss poor story telling to be honest. But no one plays these games for the story to begin with

Who the fuck would play Nioh without speaking both Kanji and Osaka dialect fluently?

Who Kusarigama here?

Are there any bosses that use it?

How come I never get Kusarigama drops?

Ii Naogasa is complete bullshit. The fight shits on everything the game has built.

why is this game's level design so budget souls?
why does this game have no enemy variation?
why is this game's story so shit?
why does this game have less distinct weapons than bloodborne?
why are this game's graphics so shit?

>The fight shits on everything the game has built.
What? How?

>reach ng+ as full ninja build
>all the revenants have the stupid red demon armor

I'm never going to find any divine Iga Jonin pieces

A lot of the ningen boss fights later in the game get even worse. They're bullet sponges that fly, and some of them have infinite poise.

It doesn't. Shiggy shits on everything the game has built. Li actually plays by the same rules as you. 1kat shits all over him too.

He is virtually unpunishable in terms of stamina. He literally can block 6 of my attacks with a sliver of stamina, and then he has enough stamina to somehow combo me. I parried him to death because I didn't see any other way to do it. I just think it's stupid to make him immune to kicks and stam drain from blocking.

Utility takes a huge backseat to pure damage. It doesn't matter that your fuggen kunai are doing 3x more damage if enemies have 50,000 HP.

>Li actually plays by the same rules as you

Completely false. He has almost infinite stam. You have to hit him exactly when he goes red or else his stam wont drain. Not even kicks work.

I love the game but I can't contest any of your points.

Fuck you.

>Li
It's Ii, dingus. Capital i.

I drained his stamina super easy. Bait out his attacks until he's about half, then dash+ki blast over and over till you can punish him.

>Go into Ng+
>Make a demon helmet
>Its shit with just two stats
>Die a few times and go to bed
>next morning every faggot in the game has my exact same demon helmet
>Weird.
>Make a full set of armor with some varying stats and resistances
>Go to bed
>Next day everyone is running around with the same fucking fullset I just made

I'm sorry Sup Forums, this was all my fault. I shouldn't have grinded out this accursed book.

It doesn't work. I can literally wail on him and kick him and his stamina bar doesn't move. Like I said, I just parry him now.

The game is a mess. A fun mess with great gameplay but a mess nonetheless.

I feel that they needed someone to pull in the reins and make some hard calls in regards to content, story and the general look and feel.

I've enjoyed my time with the game but it doesn't come close to the Souls games and that's a damn shame cause I thought it was going to compete.

Or just parry him
Or tempest him
Or back away and flash of steel
Or stop being bad at games.

He telegraphs the fuck out of his shit, so unless you're using an axe it should be easy to get behind him and blow him the fuck out. I used 1kat and i've literally never had a problem with him. It's also easy to just mash on him with high stance and drain his stamina to nothing.

It literally does work. It doesn't matter if he has a full stamina bar when he's face down in the fucking dirt.

How is the game without Playstation Plus?

I was really disappointed when I learned about that with Bloodborne.

>He telegraphs the fuck out of his shit

No he doesn't. I mean he telegraphs his spirit move but other than that all of his attacks are pretty quick. I mean they are easy enough to parry but it's not like he's some slow boss.

You can also still use it to fill up your living weapon meter while still in the boss fight

I wouldn't really call him a boss. Just a beefy revenant

> It doesn't matter if he has a full stamina bar when he's face down in the fucking dirt.

WTF? How is he going to be face down in the dirt with a full stamina bar? Are you fucking stupid?

his moveset is literally just the spear moveset

Your opportunities to get good gear are significantly lessened across the board.

And? It's not like he has huge telegraphs.

>Having this much trouble breaking his Ki

Not the guy you are replying to but dodging his attacks then hitting him with a kick or ki-explosion was more than enough for me to break his stamina. he regens it pretty fast but no faster than you do in light armor. You just can't play it like Dark Souls where you just back away and wait for an opening. You have to always be on his ass so he doesnt catch a breather

It's a symptom of the way the revenant system works, people were actually predicting this kind of thing happening back during the Beta.

Still, you can just break down all the Red Demon stuff and then forge whatever Divine stuff you want.

What is Nekomata? The cutscene summary says he's neither Guardian Spirit nor Oni but when you first meet him he calls himself a Guardian Spirit.

Yeah but goofy shit like this isn't possible anymore:
streamable.com/wyya5

I don't see why that's not acceptable but Sloth Talisman is.

You can still kill player revenants but you can't do co-op stuff. At worst it just means you cant grind levels as fast as others.

I kicked him when he had almost no ki, and it did literally nothing to his ki. I hit him several times in his guard when he was almost depleted, it did nothing. Either my shit is fucked up, or you dont remember right. I'm not still having problems with the fight, btw, but yeah it's terribly designed.

You misunderstand. It doesn't matter how fast his ki regenerates if you knock him down. You knock him down by baiting out his attacks and then ki-blasting him as he's guarding, and then ki-blasting him over and over until he falls. You can ki-blast him a second time to knock him over after a guard break, and even if that doesn't work another ki-blast will break his guard again if he decides to attack or dodge in that instant. There are also items you can use to set up areas where he can't regen ki.

How you people get anywhere in this game is beyond me.

Is red demon armor actually better than warrior of the west for damage?

unless it's low stance, spear is pretty easy to read.

>You can still kill player revenants
Those are developer revenants. They have significantly worse loot, and do not respawn with a shrine use.

>I keep losing so the fight is shit

Funny because I grinded him for his armor text and it didn't take me more than 40 seconds between attempts. Sounds like he just really counters your play style. I'd suggest doing other missions until you have better gear and a better grasp on the game mechanics.

>why does this game have no enemy variation?
Depends on how you count it. In terms of actual models, there isn't that much of a variety. However, most of them can fight with different weapons and also use varying abilities, making the fights quite different. Then again, most of that is lost on the fact that the player will very quickly become so strong that he barely even notices what regular enemies do and only looks at the models, saying there is no variety. The variety is just covered.

>why does this game have less distinct weapons than bloodborne?
You can do way more with a single weapon in nioh than you can do in bloodborne. What's the point of a million similar moves and you only get a few per weapon vs. a game that lets you use dozens of different moves per weapon at any time? Again you are only seeing the graphical representation of the time and not what you can actually do with it.

I don't know but his arc gave me some slight feels.
>never trust that damn cat because got spoiled by a picture of his boss form
>just waiting for him to betray me at some point
>get to the shrine mission
>catbro sacrifices his existence to protect the region

I have no idea what he actually is, but he was a bro... Sorry, catbro.

How exactly do you get a + on your divine gear? What about going beyond Lv 150 on the gear as well?

If you light enemies on fire, most definitely. It's a huge boost to the enemies you would need the extreme damage against.

If you could read you'd know that he literally said he isn't having problems with the fight anymore.

No user, you can kill player revenants too. I had no PSN day 1 and it still let me connect to the servers and fight peoples shit. it only through the PSN message in my face once I tried doing co-op

>Not refashioning your shit into full plate armor

You can still kill player revenants without ps+

>>I keep losing so the fight is shit

What did you mean by this? I beat him on my third try. You should try learning how to read before you respond to people. Also, it's not personal that the fight is terribly designed, not sure why you feel the need to show your ass over it. Defending bad design is cancerous.

No, you can kill player revenants. No co-op whatsoever, though.

>>>/darksouls/

>just beat faggot Hanzo in Veteran dojo

Fuck that nigga and his unlimited item spam. It's amazing how well his shit works on me but the stuff I'm giving does jack shit to him. Oh and fuck those fucking crashman sticky bombs god damn.

None of the sets in the game are particularly better than any other in the game right now. Most of them are just built to jive with specific spirits and offer a +30% damage increase while you have a specific elemental debuff up on an enemy.

Pic related. I'd say this set is marginally worse just because the earth debuff doesn't REALLY do anything.

>Just beat WotS
>Fucking fantastic and hundred eye was a pretty cool fight although i just kept amrita stoning my way to LW cheese

Best bosses are Shima Ishida and hill Mune.

I kinda cheesed Ishida id run up the ledge fall down and when he leaped down id heavy attack his back and he'd lose all stamina and fall over.

I did this like 6-7 times and then killed him 30 seconds later in normal combat. I don't feel too bad since i discovered the cheese myself second try but i need to go back and settle things.

Hes easily the hardest non WoS boss.

So, if my primary weapon does fire damage, I should probably get the red demon set?

I remember reading that the goal was to make the game like a samurai movie, which all were pretty cheesy.

It's meant to be fun and to give the missions some sense if agency. The gameplay is good so I enjoy it for what it is.

Demon set gives 30% damage bonus while enemy is burning. Gives bonuses to the widly used Enko spirit and if you join the Li clan you get more damage and defense for wearing the armor.

Its only draw back is that its a light armor so you will have less room for error than some other sets.

That feel when it's still completely sold out in Germany in online shops like Amazon and Saturn. The shops in the inner city also don't have any copies left. I'd have to drive 45 minutes into the suburbs the get a copy from a Gamestop where I'd have to pay 15 Euro more than normal.
Why can't they just order enough copies? It was pretty clear that Nioh would be successful here because Germany is Sony land.

i want to fug moth girl

>ranmaru mori
>cut down by outlaw
Rather poignant, I thought.

The Jap devs kinda just expected their players to know them. Those characters in Nioh are like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln to Americans.

Not him but I'm using the red devil set for my fire build because every other goddamn summon is to kill Umi.
I don't even try to make it a fair fight for the host anymore, I just run in and DPS the shit out of him with water sword.
You don't need the set but it's a good boost since hopefully you'll have him on fire most of the fight.
I wish there was an option to block certain mission summons.

it's a dude

> I don't know shit about japanese history, so I am going to rip on a story that's a straight up retelling of the battle of Sekigahara

I can understand if this is history you were never told in your shitty public schools, but don't hate on something just because you can't appreciate or understand it

I fucking loved the sekigahara battle and how they tell the betrayal of kobayakawa, i just wish it was that fun the entire game, but the 2nd 3rd and 4th regions blew my dick

>just got to second region
>still using a kurasigama i've had since early on
>keep getting great katanas instead of shit i want

please tell me i'll get a sweet new sickle soon?

You could not possibly have phrased that any more weeaboo if you tried.

no, moth spirit waifu is best spirit waifu

>Public school is shitty because it doesn't make an effort to teach westerners about the important players of 1600s Japan
This might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this website.

Enemies drop what they're using so chains are relatively rare but they pop up now and then. gl

>puts all these characters in the game
>does nothing with them
>William just fucks off at the end

Fucking BB had more fucking story.

I dont have to understand japanese history to know good writing. You don't get to handwave this shit show because 'LOL HISTORY'.

No they fucking don't drop what they're using. I've looted Kusas off of dwellers, dumbass.

It could be worse. He could be talking about U.S. history in the 1600s.

He's referring to revenants.

>william just fucks off at the end
haven't you seen the whole ending? he's going back to japan for the sequel

Some piece of shit white chain maybe.

You have no idea how loot in this game works.

No, it really didn't.
There are 10 times more cutscenes and background information on everything than in BB.
We don't even know everything about BBs story and a lot of it is just quesswork. In Nioh we know pretty much everything.

>Li
wrong

Something tells me you don't either.

user clearly Koei just forgot to capitalize Li and Leyasu and Lshida's names