No news since announcement

>no news since announcement

Is it dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ecIJhWGDJE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's hibernating. We have to wait until spring for it to awaken.

They announced it way prematurely with a glorified alpha that reused UMVC3's rigs and animations. I'd still have to double-check to make sure Captain Marvel wasn't just a model swap of Nova.

They will most likely continue using the MVC3 rigs and animations and then just put touched up models on them.

Fighters reuse assets very often. These days not as much as they used to, but if they did we'd probably see more getting made.

They are probably going to go the route NRS likes to do. a while with no info but then a snowball roll of info as the release date approaches.

Man Thing and Amingo when?

This. If it means nobody will be cut and we get tons of new fighters I'm all for reusing assets.

I honestly have no idea how the MvC3 characters are gonna work outside MvC3. A lot of them were built around 3v3 tag assist which Infinite is lacking.

I think they don't want it to overshadow UMvC3's Steam/Xbox One release, since the games is supposed to be released later this year people might want to wait for MvCI instead of buying UMvC3

They can not gimp characters like Viewtiful Joe and phoenix wright, for starters. Give everyone the tools that they need.
Also, I'm wondering what they'll do for X's Armors. We've seen the X1 armor with its stationary charged shot. I hope we get the Ultimate armor and maybe one of the weirder ones like the Shadow armor.

With a bit of reworking some of them might turn out to be much better suited for 2v2 tag system. We can all admit some characters didn't feel like they were properly built for 3.

That is no hard feat at all.
All the MVC1 characters werent made for tag assist shit but they still got slapped into MVC2.

Ultimately its an incredibly shoddy series where some stuff works and other stuff simply doesnt.

I'm pretty sure even KOFXIV just reused the rigs and animations from the models they rotoscoped KOF KOFX(I)II's sprites from, which is how they got through development so fast. People can say whatever they want about SF5's artstyle and gameplay but one thing I can appreciate is that it started from scratch or went above and beyond touching up anything reused to the standard of anything new, the game's animations are beautiful besides outliers like Mika's wonky critical art.

>I'm pretty sure even KOFXIV just reused the rigs and animations from the models they rotoscoped KOF KOFX(I)II's sprites from
I remember reading one of the blogs where they said that they built everything from scratch, including the fucking engine itself. Have no idea why they didn't just use Unreal 4 like everyone else has been doing.

SF games always have a lot of effort put into them with their first new entry to a series. Its a good thing too, because SF4 was both ugly and not well animated, and now SFV might be the best animated 3D fighter.

Past that the stuff gets recycled for other projects like MVC, CVS, CFJ and SFxT.
And of course there were the full retail priced patches like Third Strike.

Right now they're using SFV models in collaborations with Shadowverse and Ive spotted some in the USF2 first person mode.
Its fair game though.

Maybe E3

Just give me dante and i have my team with megaman

Also felicia because catgirls

Joe was already in TvC. He'll be fine.

True, but they took away some of his tools in MVC3 and Ultimate.
He didn't even have his level 3.

>Mika
>badly animated

Tell that to that butt giggle we'll never see again

Most games work like that. They reveal, stay silent for a couple of months, then give news almost every week.
But I see why people are saying the stuff you are saying. The shit way they are handling SFV news are splashing to Capcom itself and every game they reveal.

Niitsuma on twitter about some character decisions for UMVC3.

Phoenix Wright: He was the most requested character after we released Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and he's a really popular character, so we wanted to take him on as a challenge. His lines were supervised by Mr. Taku from Honke D.

I vividly remember feeling "Wow, this is totally what Phoenix Wright would say!", with warm emotion inside me.

Strider Hiryu: He was also very requested right after Marvel vs. Capcom 3. A lot of people felt "He IS Marvel vs. Capcom"!

Frank West: We actually started making him for the original Marvel vs. Capcom 3. With our know-how from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom's development, we thought we made him really fun in Ultimate.

Vergil: When we gathered data from our fans in Japan, he was way more requested than we ever expected. The decider for us was when we were at Tokyo Game Show, and we have several Vergil cosplayers come up to us and say "Put Vergil in, please!"

Nemesis T-Type: We decided on the concept of having a unorthodox character to add. Actually, he wasn't our first choice, but ended up replacing our earlier candidate somewhere down the line...

>>Nemesis T-Type: We decided on the concept of having a unorthodox character to add. Actually, he wasn't our first choice, but ended up replacing our earlier candidate somewhere down the line...
This tells me they didn't have a good "Sentinel" equivalent and pushed Nemesis up.

Ryota Niitsuma: Our character count got reduced in the middle of developing Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, so there were some characters that got forcibly cut.

Also, no matter how hard we tried, we just couldn't come to any agreements regarding female characters, so we ended up having no new girls in the roster...

Gill: He was in the running to the very end, but we ended up replacing him with Nemesis. Our reasons were that he felt like an unnatural fit with Marvel vs. Capcom 3's game speed, and that we probably had too many Street Fighter characters already.

Fou-Lu: He definitely had domestic popularity, and there was a lot of cool stuff to use for him, like his energy sword, his monster servants, shape-changing and dragon form, but due to the level of work we had to put into him and that we thought nobody abroad would recognize him, we ended up dropping him.

From here, let's move in to female characters.

I'm just talking about the final part, when they censored it for some reason they got rid of the leg hold too and now it looks all wrong.

Katt, Sonson and Mai-Ling: We wanted to have a female staff user, but they ended up losing out in priority.

Arieta: She would end up giving us trouble with the game's age rating.

Rouge: Same reason as above.

Tessa: I really pushed for her. I wanted to have her rival the Impact Palm loops of Dr. Strange...

A grown up Anita: Our staff really went too far with this. There's no character like that even in Darkstalkers... She's just a kid!

Ingrid: You again?!

All in all, we had over 150 female characters in consideration for the game, but none of them ended up being realized...

One character who actually remained until our very last cuts was Nina. By the way, she was based on her Breath of Fire 1 design. I personally like her Breath of Fire 3 design the best, and we were even thinking about having a super where she brought out all the other Ninas, kind of like Mega Man's Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

Kattfag and Ingridfag on suicide watch.
Sad about best girl.

>Ingrid: You again?!
lmao

who /GREENGOBLIN/ here

Oh, I thought you were talking about her breast physics, as seen in your pic

>All in all, we had over 150 female characters in consideration for the game, but none of them ended up being realized...
Dammit Capcom. Least Marvel's "diversity" push might help out this time.

Why WOULDN'T they wait until E3 and Evo?

TvC out first by 3 years, my nigga

Reading comprehension, my nigga.

Blame that fucking earthquake. If not for that, we would have got my waifu Nina, a BOF rep, and a different playstyle.
If they add her in MVCI, I feel she will just be a replacement for Storm, even though only her BOF4 version was limited to wind magic.

Ingrid was meant to be in TvC too, right? (along with Phoenix Wright + Komugi & Muteking from Tatsunoko) People are speculating that D.D & Rook are in SF5's Season 2 too, and they were the other new characters alongside Ingrid in that cancelled 3D Capcom fighter

Its time for the hero to return.

He was literally forgotten about in the pre-production of Mahvel 3.
We could still get his spiritual successor.

Oh wow.

Fuck that bitchass looking nigga.
Jin is an og. Going back to the 2v2 format, he's gotta make his return. He's just gotta. Him and venom, man.

I have the feeling that if he gets in, CapCom won't, and vice-versa, and since Captain Marvel is in, it would be retarded to not have Captain Capcom.

Damn, you've got a point. I'd want both to be honest with you.

vietiful joe was fine, hes a keep away character and a fucking annoying ass one at that.

pheonix wright is a gimmick fun character so he doesnt count

Reminder that CapCom was cut because the sole reason he was ever picked in 2 was given to Dante and improved.

And people are still complaining about no assists. At least now they will be able to balance Hsien-ko properly.

What do you mean?
Viewtiful Joe being a keepaway character is already a travesty.
>pheonix wright is a gimmick fun character so he doesnt count
Yes it does. He's still one of the worst characters in a game and needs to be tweaked if he comes back.

Some of those excuses are bullshit,in special fou lu,it would be a good opportunity to make him known,look how well it turned out for ness or lucas

Rouge also wouldnt be a problem at all,i mean,if she is that one from power stone,also its about time they add someone from basara

Why the fuck haven't we had him yet? I might even give up Venom returning for him.

If I had to choose be team Captain and Jin at gun point I'll have to choose the Commando.

>At least now they will be able to balance Hsien-ko properly.
Please. I just want her to be good.

>eddie brock coincidentally became Venom again in the comics
I think he's got a strong shot desu

>Let's bring Hsien-ko to Marvel 3, the game where everyone moves fast and shit is crazy
>What's the first thing we should do with her?
>hmmm...let's give her the slowest air dash in any fighting game despite her original VSAV version being unreasonably fast for no reason

Say no more

>Holy shit, look that badass dragon guy summoning those cool as fuck dogs! Gotta play his game!
>...what?

>we'll never see again
It's been a mod on PC since release

FGC is just starting up this year. Winter Brawl is in two days and that's the biggest FGC event in February. March is when stuff really starts to pick up though.

I have gotten used to Marvel being the home of bad balance and questionable design choices(nemesis missiles arching over 2/3 the cast) but trashing one of my top 5 Capcom characters ever I can't help but get a bit triggered.

I never played Darkstalkers at a competitive level, but from the matches that i watched, Hsien-Ko seems like a very agressive pressure/mix-up oriented character

So in MvC3 for whatever reason they made her slow as shit in general and apparently wanted her to a zoner? It really is pretty retarded

Her pendulum was cancelable in the first versions. They thought it would be too strong and removed it.
Then they made Zero's buster canceable from specials, cause he needed help.

shes not even that bad, her pendulum thing got some retarded ass pressure given the right assists and she has one of the strongest lock down assists when she go into her super mode

the only characters that are almost unplayable bad i can think of is thor nemesis and chun li. even then thor has some amazing anti morrigan tech, but the other 2 are mostly irredeemable

nigger have you ever watched socal irongod or ryanLV?

I want to git gud at Clash of Superheroes since I grew up playing it, though not very well.

Are Spider-Man and Venom viable/good?

What are your hopes gameplay wise?
I want stones to give a buff from the start, like more damage, more speed, double jump and stuff like that, so you can really play a character differently, and then that big x-factor buff we saw in the trailers.
I don't want the meta to revolve around stuff like "character lands a long ass animation move, tags out, mixup time", like that Law move on SFxT. This game really has the potential to bring broken shit in a lot of ways, and I like it that way. I will be fine with that example if there is still some Morridoom zoning, Haggar with air dash, Strider with armor and shit like that to fight it.
It will be fun seeing what pros will come up with, since they will have a lot of stuff to find out before dropping their favorites, unlike Marvel, where if you picked Cap/Viewtiful Joe/X-23, it wouldn't take long to realize this team is shit.

we already know there will be cuts, the roster size the only reliable leaker gave us was more then mvc3 and less then umvc3 I do not recall if that includes the dlc for mvc3 lets assume it does not

we already have x and captain marvel as newcomers so that takes it from 48 to 46, we have the veterans ryu, captain america iron man and morigan, we are down to 42 max

thats the best case scenario, I can see characters like Arthur getting cut, I can also see Zero being DLC I am almost sure he is not coming back at launch actually

spidey is pretty good
Red venom is top tier if you dont get hit
regular venom isnt bad either.

But you can get your shit ran by any strider/wolvie/both war machines/red venom

since they are either fast and shit out infinites(wolvie/red venom of they got a lot of health and shit out infinites(war machines)

Unless youre playing someone who has been playing forever, and picks top team combos, you can enjoy playing your favorites.

2v2 no assists basically killed my hyped.
it wasn't even 2v2+assist only character

The same way Street Fighter Alpha characters work in Marvel vs Capcom 2. Using the same engine doesn't mean you can't retool how characters work.

T. scrubbo with no fundamentals.

I want the stones to be more balanced than X-factor. X-factor I always felt was too good at everything. Of course I know chances are there is going to be a tier-list for the stones.
I don't mind 2 characters cause if I have the choice I prefer to only play two characters anyway.

I want them to add in an assist call, there was no reason to cut it

If I had to take a guess, assuming capcom is smart, there's going to be a lot more barrier bomb/hidden missle style attacks where you toss it out and tag out making it a pseudo assist, you can see X do something similar with a bomb but they don't show how or when you ca tag out.

Common, 1v1 looks fun. The best parts when I watch Marvel is when both players already used x-factor and only their anchors remains.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ecIJhWGDJE

I just think adding a quick call in would add more strategy. right now the only reason to tag is to extend combos. Adding assists adds a whole new meta.

do you extend the combo by switching characters? Do you go for a reset and call in your assist, do you call in your assist and just continue the combo? do you call in your assist to get in during neutral.

Or we do what we have now, oh I did a combo better switch characters to continue, oh no my character is low on health better raw tag and hope I do not get punished.

There was no gain from this change only dumbing down

are you like a small child who thinks that things stop existing when you can't see them? jesus christ, have some patience.

It's time.
Post your wishlist.