Why does Sup Forums hate DLC so much? Isn't more content and options a good thing?

Why does Sup Forums hate DLC so much? Isn't more content and options a good thing?

because most dlc is shit and not worth the price tag. also, the dlc content was probably some shit that they were going to add to the base game but the devs got greedy and ripped it out to sell later.

>Isn't more content and options a good thing?

Depends on the quality of the content and the options.

Its okay when Nintendo does it!

Because it means money and Mom said no.

If I complain about something hard and loud enough, it will change.

Mommy taught me that.

>WTFFF MOMMY ONLY WANTS TO GIVE ME 300 FOR SWITCH AND 60 FOR ZELDA I CANT AFFORD ANOTHER 20 BING BING WAHOO 1 UP

Expansion packs are fine.

But, when you remove core features, like, a difficult mode or something, and sell it extra, you're just being scummy and jewish.

Don't forget the pointless cosmetic DLC or the single player easymode DLC.

More often than not, it's content they cut out of the game to sell back to you at an even higher price. This is especially true if they announce the DLC before the game is even out.

>b-but it might not be ready

Then either delay the game, or release the DLC later for free. Or at the least lower the cost of the game to compensate. You're already asking 60 dollars, plus online subscription fees, and microtransactions, and ontop of that you're not even putting in basic features? And you want to charge me MORE?

>b-but they're a company, they need to make money

Only when I'm getting the value I pay for. If you're ripping me off, then I can gladly just emulate your trash and you'll never see a penny of my money.

Well I mean, when you're spending $60 on a "next gen" game full of ads/dlc/or pay2win assets, you'd be a bit pissed too. We spent our money, give us what we deserve in the first place instead of milking our wallets.

I remember when I was young, like teenage years, I hated DLC because it meant I'd have to ask my parents to buy it for me, which they rarely did because they figured it was a waste of money, so I hated DLC because I couldn't get it.

Now I'm older and have access to my own money, I can get all the DLC I want no problem and it's great.

>It's okay when Nintendo Does it!

$20 is literally one blowjob. Just visit the nearest parking lot for 10 minutes tonight and suck one of.
Also ask for a tip, so you can buy some snacks.

Its a good thing and it's unarguably better when its part of the base game instead

>why are people upset by stuff they have to pay for?
gee OP I wonder

i don't. i hate DLC that adds no real content. adding a difficulty level isn't real content, and should have been included from the start. there are plenty of great DLC that were entirely worth the money (Lair of the Shadow Broker, Lonesome Road, Blood and Wine, et. al.).

>nintendo starts doing dlcs,microtransaction, day one dlcs and season passes
>suddenly threads defending these cancerous practices start popping up

drones gonna drone i suppose

>Isn't more content and options a good thing?
As long as it's not obviously cut from the base game so it can be sold separately, yes.

>tfw the dlc is cheap as fuck
>tfw the dlc is better than the main game and solves the bullshit ending
love you red barrels

>content cut from the game sold later
>content that's already in the game but locked behind a paywall
Those are not okay.
I have nothing against new stuff they made after the game's release, though.

This

>several threads about how paid online is cancer
>Ninendo announces the Switch has paid online
>suddenly a million threads about how paid online is ok now

>Watch JamesAB play the old Doom titles.
>They literally end with "Buy the expansion pack for the ending!"

It's nothing new.

>go to the cinema
>unresolved ending/cliffhanger
>"WOOW muh consumer rights" -no one ever

Why are gamers so entitled compared to other fans of consumer entertainment?

60 dollar paid online is bullshit
Nintendo's will be like, what, 25? Thats cheap as fuck and I dont mind paying since Nintendo hopefully will unfuck their servers.

Because I would rather pay less and get more, instead of getting cheated out of pre-made content that I have to pay extra.

Learn on which side you are.

LITERALLY

OK

>it's ok because its cheaper!

So if you were ordering at a restaurant and they brought you cold food because of how long it took to season it, that would be okay by you?

>haha le funny meme dude i have a funny gif of silly nintendo game xd
Proving my point

>free demo advertises the full game
>same as DLC

Sup Forums wants free shit and is a communist in denial.

>hopefully
We both know they won't.

>Proving my point
That all Nintenfags are idiots?

based frogposter laying down some smack

It actually is.

Assuming Nintendo steps up their online services

>no mod/customization feature
>can't make dick-eating minigame for parties
One fucking job Nintendo

Just make food analogy the free space.

The content I'm talking about would be like a dessert after a meal (the main game).
Fucking food analogies.

How do you know you like a game if you haven't played it?

>Assuming Nintendo steps up their online services

>Nintendo
>Even understanding the internet, let alone having good online services
fucking wew

It's not more. It has never been more. It's less for more money. Stop being retarded.

Where does this idea that you somehow have the right to all the content the dev made up until release? Literal entitlement.

>It's literaly ok when they do it

>Why does Sup Forums hate DLC so much? Isn't more content and options a good thing?
Fucking 6 gen kids man.

well i don't like dlc, so i just don't buy any.

>day one DLC
>more content
They literally work on that content alongside the base game and just take it out to resell. It's less content, but this thread is bait and I'll get no serious replies anyway way to waste my time you fucking asshole.

Because most DLC is fucking terrible and adds say one weapon skin for $7

You don't see people complaining about say pre-Fallout 4 Bethesda DLC, Witcher 3 DLC, Artorias of the Abyss, Dark Arisen etc. because those actually give value for money.

Halo did nothing wrong.

DLC can be good.

But all too often it's just a cashgrab for things that should've been part of the main game.

>r/Sup Forums isn't that bad!
Nobody says this, even as bait

Good dlc: additional content that can be enjoyed after beating the main game. The "main game" being the sum of on disk content which should feel satisfying for the $60 price tag of the game.
Bad dlc: content that would affect the main game on your first playthrough. More egregious when it is glaringly obvious that this content is being deprived from you for no reason other than to nickel and dime customers.
Dark Souls dlc is usually pretty good, ME3's dlc was appalling. If the game you get for $60 feels like a complete and satisfying experience, then it's irrational to get angry amount more of that content existing not for free. If BotW really is putting new difficulty modes behind dlc that's pretty shitty. New dungeons and shit doesn't really bother since I don't think the game will feel like it lacks content.

>extra, optional content
that would be fine if that was all it ever was

Opposite of place where is considered ok for devs/publishers to cut game into pieces and sell each piece for premium price.

>Popularized FPS for consoles making them the "only" profitable platform through its popularization
>made slowed down shooters with literally no comparable skill to arena shooters the industry standard
>did nothing wrong

Good or bad it still IS cashgrab, because it's content they already prepared before releasing the game.

DLC is cool.
DLC sold/announced before launch is annoying because it makes it feel like it was removed from the game.

Also most companies are kinda walking on eggshell with their DLC because they know how annoyed people get. Nintendo has not caught up to this mindset yet, since they're a few years behind as usual.

>All these pro-DLC posts
What the hell Sup Forums?

Can you prove that it was cut out of the base game? If you can its bullshit. If you can't you need to show me the proofs.

Normally it would be fine but since the normies continue to buy steadily worsening dlc, the market follows along with them.
Now even if I never bought DLC before, games are pushing it on me.

Nothing is extra, when it already exists prior to the game's release.

Everything can be optional, if you make arbitrary divisions.

Because big publishers turned DLC from a convenient way to add additional content to fans to hold them over until the next big release into a convenient way to nickle and dime said fans by stripping their games of features that should have been in the base game to repackage them behind a paywall.

Especially since games are now designed to be under-ambitious by going into the development process with DLC and season passes in mind.

Microtransactions are cancer.

Cut/on disk locked content being resold is cancer.

Expansions developed after the fact are fine.

>go to burger shop
>"1 burger please"
>"which drink do you want with that, sir?"
>"no drink please"
>"sorry sir we don't allow hamburger purchases without drinks"

See the problem here? Why should people who just want the main game be forced to buy the DLC?
>hurr durr just include it for free
Not gonna happen, retards. Either it's cut entirely if there's no money to be made from it or the base price goes up.

Horse armor came out 11 years ago so most of Sup Forums grew up seeing DLC as normal.

Does this actually ever happen in the land of freedom

Of course not, because it's as stupid as forcing people who just want the base game to buy the extras at a premium.

DLC = freedom

Fucking this.

Because Sup Forums assumes that any and all DLC is stuff cut from the game and sold separately. Even when a developer says it isn't, Sup Forums considers them lying. Even when a dev states there will be no DLC, then two years later makes some, it is STILL considered by Sup Forums to be content cut from the original game to be sold separately.

They are simply overpriced most of the time.
Just compare the price of the DLC to the price of the original game.

dlc isn't necessarily a bad thing. it's just used poorly by a lot of companies to sell things that should have been in the game to begin with.
calling all dlc bad because of devs misusing it is like calling all games bad because bad games exist. however, problem with dlc is that it can still be a ripoff even if the content itself is good, and can ruin otherwise good games just so the devs can make a cheap buck.
many devs have been able to successfully make high quality & ethical dlc, though

>implying mona lisa's hands are that important to your experience of the

"expansion packs" are just another way of saying content that was originally in the game, and was cut to get more money. You are scum if you support this.

Because sony totally did that when they made PS+ mandatory
Right?
Right...?

>dlc is suddenly a defendable practice now that Nintendo is offering season passes

LIKE CLOCKWORK

GG RETARDS

>last part of this post available for $5.99 only on origin!

Fuck, you did the same exact thread yesterday. If you like to ride nintendo's dick so hard, just do it. Just don't pretend that planned cut content to sell later for half the game's retail price is a good thing.

>hard mode is dlc
How can you defend this?

They actually stepped it down by replacing the good free games with shitty ones since it wasn't the main draw anymore.

Except it does, ever heard of a combo meal before? It is required to come with a drink, and some fast food places aren't allowed to tamper with the order. This happens with Sonic deals a lot:

>"I see you have the two can eat for 10 deal?"
>"Yes sir, that's two footlongs, or burgers, two drinks, and two sides, all for $10"
>"Can I just get one drink?"
>"No, that would not be the deal."
>"Can I get no drink?"
>"Again, not the same deal. It is only this deal if you get everything that is part of it sir."

>go to burger shop
>"1 burger please"
>"which drink do you want with that, sir?"
>"no drink please"

Limited time deals usually require you to get exactly what is listed for the deal, or you can't get anything at all. For example, if there's a deal where you get two burgers, a side, and a drink for $5, if you change any part of this to remove or add objects, it changes from being part of the deal, to being all priced differently.

he probably means expansion packs like Blood and Wine for Witcher 3

If the main game is still worth $60 then it doesn't really matter when they made that additional content.

they're basically just the international releases of games that were popular in Japan in the mid-2000s, just digital, I get why people are mad when it get's announced early before the game is even out but it's bassically the same thing as releasing KHII and then KHIIFM+ a year a half later

Could have been in the postgame, but was cut from the game and sold back instead. You are scum for supporting this.

I want Nintendo to start selling decensor DLC packs for their lewd Japanese games life Fire Emblem.
I'd buy it no joke.

>day 1 DLC
they literally make you pay for something that should be in the game in the first place

Limited time deals are not the norm.

>DLC announced before the game is even out
No

Its a shit practice, but do the developers even have a way to prove to players that it wasn't going to be part of the game in the first place, like they typically say?

it really does make me want to start screeching sometimes.

It is the norm to always have every fast food place with a limited time deal available. One expires, a new one takes its place. So yes, it is the norm.

They don't have to prove anything. If people could calm their wallets and stop giving money to con artists, this wouldn't be the norm by now.

So you hate videogames beyond the NES era?

>If people just stops buying it, it will go away

A sucker is born every minute. Good luck with that.

It'd be sort of alright if it was like the past where we got whole expansion packs for 20 bucks

Instead, it's something silly like Horse armor, or shit that isn't adding to the content of a game

>go to see a movie
>"can I get a ticket to see this movie but with scenes x and y taken out"
>get called a retard and kicked out

Not all games do this, but the ones that do are bad yes. Why would I excuse that?