Which was the real golden age of JRPGs? SNES or PSX?

Which was the real golden age of JRPGs? SNES or PSX?

Sega Genesis.

Even if the SNES had more I think the PSX had better JRPGs

PS2/GBA era

SNES. They're both pretty good, but Romancing SaGa 2 and FFV outweigh pretty much every PS1 JRPG I like by themselves, and they're not the only ones on the system.

It's one continuous era there was no cutoff there.

retard

If we're counting stuff that wasn’t in English yet in gen 4, then gen 4. Otherwise, gen 5.

The majority of the best gen 4 jrpgs weren't in English during gen 4. Granted, plenty of good gen 5 ones also never made ot West, but a higher percentage did.

1995-2000

PS2.

>He calls the PS PSX or PS1

Nothing wrong with retroactively PS1 to differentiate, since PlayStation is both the name of the original consumer product as well as a generalized name for the brand and series of systems, that are commonly abbreviated as PS2, PS3, PSP, etc.

A golden age can span across two gens, why do you try to pin it down to one console when the only right answer is both.

fuck off clueless retard

retroactively calling it*

Fuck.

tacogirl.jpg

PSX/PS2. Both had huge libraries of incredible games. I suppose you could say that games like Chrono trigger and FF6 sort of made the genre more popular in the west, paving the way for the PlayStation.

>OP asks to pic between SNES and PSX
>Anons pick PS2
What gives

Except the PSX is it's own product that is relatively rare and calling the PS1 the PSX is like calling the an ipod an IPhone

Learn to read the question fucking retard, OP implying the golden age can only be snes or ps1 isn't the word of God and shouldnt limit your answer regarding the actual question. You couldnt sound more like a submissive cuck.

Notice how I never once said PSX.