Do you like the grindan game?

Do you like the grindan game?

Disgaea thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Ba8tjSwxKg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what is the best generic and why is it Beastmaster?

Flat males > titty monster males

Fight me.

started playing disgaea 2 PC but it keeps crashing REEEEEEEEEEEEE

bump

I've ordered the Disgaea collection for PS3. I've never played a Disgaea game before, which one should I start with?

Is Samurai the strongest class? damn she is good, also who is better at stealing? the generic rogue or thursday?

That's a funny way to spell Magic knight

>Thief can steal with a 99% if he's a high enough level, whereas Thursday maxes out at 50%.

1. Play them in order.

How's the postgame supposed to work? I've beaten Adell and Axel mode, and now I've got one character around level 300 and the rest around 100. Should I have collected all pirate maps by now? Should I be creating magic knights to beat cave of ordeals? Should I just be stealing equipment in the item world?

Can't se any bumps in that image.

I'm done with postgame after I kill Ball, what about you guys?

Gotta get to the land of carnage next. You can also do the dark world maps if you want.

I have shit skill when it comes to jrpg's.
Would someone like me be able to enjoy these games or are they difficult?

They're not too difficult. The game has some complex mechanics for more serious tacticians, but most of it isn't important if you're just trying to have fun. It's also really grind friendly so if you can't beat the enemy, beat up a different enemy until you can.

Thanks for the info.
I never run from any battles so that sounds like it should make grinding quicker.

They're usually among the strongest generics.

It's not that kind of game, really. There's no concept of "running from battles" in Disgaea. Your grinding in the main story is usually done in the item world, a place where you literally dive into an item and clear multiple maps in a row to toughen it up and gain exp, money, and new gear on the way. The levels are randomly generated and usually have a bunch of random geo effects on tiles to make it interesting.
Your grinding in post game usually involves finding a map with a high yield of EXP and mowing the lawn with a single unit over and over again until it's leveled up enough. It takes forever and I've personally never done it in any of the games, opting to quit at the end of the main stories, which can be quit a long amount of playtime anyways.

Doesn't sound too bad.

>It takes forever
You're not doing it right.
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ba8tjSwxKg
Of course, making this setup can take a while as well.

This guy knows whats up.

Today I lost my 30+ hours save and I'm fucking furious, I know that it is not that much time by the game standards but all my fucking team is gone now the grinding and reincarnations were for nothing!

so how can I level up really fucking fast early in the game? fuck the story I will break thru the fucking story overleveled as fuck if necessary I don't care anymore.

Complete newbie to this type of game. Would Disgaea be a good place to start?

>titty monster males
>males

Which game?
The first would be the best place to start.

Disgaea 2 DHD for PC.

I think your best bet in that one is the item world.

well, fuck I suppose that I will grind like a motherfucker then, I will grind so fucking much that I will kill Etna this time, by sheer power of anger alone.

Best of luck to you then. The nice thing about focusing on the item world is you'll be getting stronger weapons more money, and working on getting those treasure maps.

How did that happen then? Did the save get corrupted? Also if I recall the game does use cloud saving too.

Anyway, people were getting high rank equipment in the demo by cheesing one of the early Dark World maps, so maybe look into that? Thieves let you cheese any map with a single unit in that game, provided they're not immune to sleep.

F

Steal Etna's testament when you fight her (sleep is your friend, and thieves have 1% minimum steal chance.)

In D1, not counting uniques or Majin, they are probably tied for best with EDF soldiers.
In D2, they are probably the best generic, and possibly the best humanoid in general.
In D3 and 4, they are whitewashed against every samey generic humanoid.
In DD2, they are okay, but their evilities are great to steal.
In D5, they are good for the main game, but shit in postgame, since their base evility is only mediocre. The only generic humanoids worth using at the end are Armor Knights and Sages.

well I was playing, and after I finished grinding one of my units to be on par with the rest of the team, I saved and then there was a fucking surprise blackout in my house that turned off the PC, when I attempted to play again the data wast lost, and I flipped some shits.

yeah, I always use a thief to steal muscles and what not.

See if you can recover your save from Steam's cloud, then.

I will see, thank you.

Disgaea 5 actually has some depth of strategy. It is, for example, possible to beat all the Carnage challenges (the last one features a boss with HP in the billions and 40mil in all stats) using characters with stats under 20 million with certain evility combos and a defensive strategy.

A pity thats the best game in the series but the low PS4 install base in Japan plus how NIS revealed that EVERYONE outside of the Disgaea 5 cast was going to be DLC before the game came out ended up making the game sell like shit. It's been three years and no hint of Disgaea 6 on sight...

Is there a stat cap in the old games?

Unfortunately, much of the strong points of D5 got washed out by the Sage meme.

There are stat caps as far as I know, but you can't make equipment that would take you there since you can't keep killing bosses and get stat bonuses from it, like in the other games.

Technically you can use strategy to beat a lot of things with underleveled/underequipped units in all of the games. They do give you enough tools to exploit things.

I like to surround Laharl with titty monsters.

Thursday can reach the statcap in D1, if I'm not mistaken. It would take fucking forever, since he steals stats a few hundred at a time, but he should get there.

You're gonna have nothing but Magic Knights, Berserker, Sages, Succubi and Nekomata for your apprentices and you're gonna like it. And they're ALL gonna have high affection with you.

Have him main an axe in 5 and he can use the double magichange netomata/succubus axe.

It's nice how Laharl has high Weapon Mastery rates for so many weapons. With the exception of guns, he can have at least an A for any of them.

Ah right, forgot about the stat stealing with Thursday/Thieves.

>i hate all these bitches with their huge boobs
>my feet hurt
>i want to go home
>i wonder if etna is eating any pudding and not sharing with me

It really is. Besides guns are kinda shit anyway so he doesn't lose much for not being as good with them.

>Six games
>Guns are still shit

Why.

Their skills never seem to pass C rank in strength is a big problem there.

By and large, Guns seem to be "support" weapons in most titles. Even the Gunner class has an ability that makes other units stronger over themselves. I think that is something resembling balance, since Guns were actually strong as shit in D1, when any unit could grab a gun, put on a pair of glasses, and be a great unit for its level.

>seem to be "support" weapons
the simple fact they reduce speed should be a dead give away.
Also guns are op during all the low level phase and story mode, no reason to hate just because you can't "muh SS skill" with them.

Stopped after the story in D5, what's the quickest way to jumpstart endgame?

Go to gamefaqs, they gave a pretty comprehensive guide to zooming postgame stickied in their forums.
It basically goes like this though.
>Create Sage/Dark Knight
>Grind the Sandcano challange stage or Double Fake for a bit, boost some subclasses (Don't bother capping them, just get 3-4 stars in a handful, make sure one of them is Eryngi)
>Ideally grind a monster or two with them, remember to swap their subclasses as well
>Reincarnate
>roflstomp part 1 of the postgame with your ridiculous gains
>Roflstomp carnage shit until you hit a wall
>Get a carnage Mushroom Soup using the Eryngi fluid evility
>Dive it at 20 stars
>Use Sage's Geo Blast to blast Geo Blocks, which should max out your current class. Sage and Dark Knight will take 2.
>Magichange 4 monsters onto her while you do it so you have 5 units later. You can reincarnate them as humanoids later if you want. Make sure Usalia is one of them.
>Don't bother killing anything, just skip stages and blast blocks, then gency out, change subclass, rinse repeat
>Set Alchemy shop to produce Gencies if you need them
>Have unit with maxed subclasses
>Reincarnate
>Level up again
>Roflstomp Carnage up to Void
>Grind Carnage Double Fake for shards/Extracts using LD and a Megahone.
>Use a character with Licenced Caregiver to feed your shards to 5 units (Wasn't 4 Magichange monsters conveniant?
>Unit will have 20 million in all stats naked now
>git gud at evilities and squads for 40 million
>Shit on Carnage Void
>Solo regular Baal with Usalia
>Cry when you see Carnage Baal.

Jesus christ, thanks user. Haven't played since the game came out, I forgot just how much they added. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

I miss cap tan.

Remember D1 Baal? He'll, remember Lla Pucelle Baal?

Haha, level 2000. Those were the days.

I totally like to headcannon that Priere kicking Baal's teeth in, capturing him, and selling his ass into slavery for those sweet equipment gains is why Laharl's dad died.

It amazes me how they find ways to make him harder and harder.

DD2 is still by far the hardest. D5 is rough, but nothing like that slog.
That fight legitimately takes upwards of thirty minutes, with no animations or anything, and at any point, something can go horribly wrong.

Hilariously, Overlord Priere is the best unit in D5 for fighting Carnage Baal.

How will they make Baal even stronger for the next go-around?

If I stick Usalia next to a knight and the knight hops across the screen to defend, does the knight still get Usalia's lowered damage bonus?

Combine the effects of DD2 Baal and D5 Carnage Baal.
>4 Baals with bits
>Each Baal has to be killed 5 times, each time with more bullshit abilities that can utterly fuck you if the wrong evility combo is out on the field
>After you kill a Baal the 5th time, you can kill the bit.
>Killing a Bit kills the unit who kills it.
>Instead of spawning two mini-baals, it spawns one Mini-Baal, and one of the majin equivilant unit.
>The Mini-Baals can magichange with those units for more nonsense.
>Each Bit gives a blanket buff to one stat or another to every Baal, Bit, and underling on the field.
>Immunities to special skills are shared across Baals, Bits, and Minions, as does the .05% damage boost for every units skill nulled.
>There is a series of Netherworld effects that also run the battle, as a fifth Baal.
>If you kill the 4 bits, and haven't won every Netherworld fight, everything resurrects and you progress to the next Netherworld effect.

I imagine having all 30 unit slots going might be a swell idea, if running by D5 rules.

Tentatively, I don't think so, since it is possible for your Knight to get stuck there if she gets statused, meaning she actually moves there.
I could be wrong, of course..

That sounds like a nightmare. They better give you a platinum trophy just for that fight alone.

And then the carnage version adds in geo effects.