Street Fighter V

>Your main
>Your rank
>Your trophies
>Your hopes for potential March balance patch
>Your thoughts on Kolin

I'll always be thankful to that bro on Sup Forums who helped me git gud at this

Granted, I'm not by any means fantastic even now, but I was a complete scrub before. It was pretty sweet he took the time out to help me with muh Karin.

Sitting on around 2000LP, think Kolin looks cool heh but I'm hoping they have a trial period desu. Wouldn't want to spend the fight money for a character I won't get along with. I've got around 500k having only bought Juri and Akuma

well, I main gief and he's getting nerfed in the patch, so we'll see. I've been meaning to sit down and grind to Master over a week or whatever but online is a pain.

Also people speculating whether Kolin is high/low tier based on her specials or whatever without actually being able to play her in game is fucking retarded and akin to people saying YRC fish would make Dizzy S++ tier in Revelator

>Your main
Alex
>Your rank
Ultra Silver
>Your trophies
no idea
more Alex buffs pls
>Your thoughts on Kolin
Seems alright, though I get the feeling it's gonna be another year of bitching a la Decapre

>MFW I play Guile and I'm in Plat
>MFW I'm one of the only 20 people on steam who have all the trophies
Feels fucking great.

>March
I'm pretty satisfied with Guile, and hoping they don't touch him too much.
>Kolin
Looks like Decapre. Not looking forward to her, and hoping that the next character is someone more interesting.

Quick question: Is this game still a shitshow? Haven't played since March 2016

It depends what you mean, but it'll always be a shitshow

They added a Story mode though and some character trials

Depends what you mean.
The issues with online play and the servers are all fixed. Story mode is in the game. Ect.

If you mean gameplay, it's somewhat better, but balance is suspect right now. If you didn't like how it played back in march, you won't like it much more now.

>Your main
Laura

>Your rank
I think Super Silver, but I don't remember.

>Your trophies
My what now.

I dropped the game last March so I don't really know anything about the status of the balance right now.

>Your thoughts on Kolin
The only reason I might pick the game up again.

>>Your main
F.A.N.G
>>Your rank
Ultra Platinum
>>Your trophies
Who cares
>>Your hopes for potential March balance patch
Give me back my normal pressure; it's the only thing I had going for me.
>>Your thoughts on Kolin
Another punching bag for the only character worth playing in the game.

Kolin is my waifu

sf5 sucks lmaooooooooooooooo

i want to be elsa

Mika/Alex
Got super silver, but falled down to silver doing that 10 ranked wins mission. Sitting at 2800p now.
I don't know because I don't care.
None. They didn't fix the game on the supposedly big patch that would be season 2, it won't be on a small patch that will fix what needs to be fixed. But going the easy path, I want Laura, Cammy, Urien and Balrog nerfed a little, because fighting a top tier army is boring. It's been months since I fought a Dhalsim or a Fang.
Looks fun, but I won't buy her. Too technical for me.

Just ragequitted on casual. Lost to a bronze Cammy, got grabbed three times in a row, my father disconnected my router on my runback, then fought a bronze Akuma who shoryuken'd me three times in a row in the neutral. That was my boiling point. This game ain't for me, I don't know why I insist.

>The issues with online play and the servers are all fixed.

Man, don't do this, you'll kill me. They put more duct tape once a month, and it gets worse every month.

>>Your main
Balrog
>>Your rank
Unranked
>>Your trophies
I don't know nigga
No nerf's for my boy
>>Your thoughts on Kolin
Eh, she looks cool I guess. I'd still rather play Balrog

I am running into the bison army since his buffs. What is it about bison that attracts the most scrubby players?
He's fucking plus on everything and dont even get me started on how bullshit ex dr is.
He's also online proof. Might even start using him

>Main
Ibuki
>Rank
Platinum
>Trophies
Who cares
>Hopes for March update
This game is ass. Nerf Laura
>Kolin
Looks fun

Laura
Haven't played ranked
Haven't unlocked any trophies
?
Who?

I mean I don't even have the game yet, I'm just waiting for the game to get out of early access. I just want to purchase it once and be done with it. The longer it takes, the longer I won't be able to spend time with my potential waifu.

Birdie
Super Plat
My what?
Fix Laura plz
Not fussed

>Your main
laura
>Your rank
ultra gold..... i need to start doing ranked again
>Your trophies
i dont know i dont care
i really dont care that much
>Your thoughts on Kolin
looks pretty awesome, gonna try her and see if she can make me stop using laura

>playing this shitty unrewarding slow ass game

the first CPT event is Final Round 03/10, balance changes will probably come with Kolin on the 02/28

Alex main
Gold
What are trophies?

No hopes for the patch. They will continue to force unga bunga.
Worst of all, they will give Alex a small buff and everybody will yell how he's super good now and shitters like Gootecks will say "I never thought he was bad!" and he will stay shit-tier forever.
Whatever, game sucks.

Kolin looks anime. Thanks Woshige.

>balance changes will probably come with Kolin on the 02/28
they said early march so might be right after or something

Just give me arcade mode finally with a fun story for each character, Story mode was ass, character story was even worse, I just want goofy fun like Street Fighter IV and III and II

>two 10gb patches in one week

Please, no.

Shit game

Did they ever fix the online to let me be matched against fellow wood-league players as opposed to 15-year veterans so I can actually learn the fucking game?

Are people retarded?

I am curious so many people complain they do not get enough fight money to buy characters with ut grinding, do they not see thats the point? Capcom does not want you getting them for free they want you paying they just gave you an option not to and made it hard to do.

>but thats not fair
not saying its fair just saying that your a retard if you thought they were going to make it easy

every thread someone says it, its just dumb how people can not put two and two together

>Your main
Nash
>Your rank
Ultra Silver or Gold i cant remember it's been a week or so since I played
>Your trophies
idk
i mean you can give me my limbs back but I'm trying to make it work anyways
>Your thoughts on Kolin
none really.

Wow my answers are making me realize how much I don't care about this game anymore.

its enough to buy whatever characters you really like, a few stages and costumes and stuff. its actually a really ridiculously good value if you buy SFV when its on sale for like $25 or whatever.

but if you want to collect everything, youll need to buy the character pass.

Chun

Ultra Gold

trophies lmao

March, universal system mechanics added:
>RC for 33% meter
>Burst for 100% V-Gauge
>Fortified Defense for 2% meter every 5 frames
>Jump cancels added to several normals
>Every attack has juggle properties
>Air dashes
>Double jumps
>Run
>Backroll and quick rise removed

She'll still play like the other characters, because of varied wakeup options, so her crossup kunai nonsense will be irrelevant.

>Ibuki
>Ultra Silver
>Don't care
>Gold League
>mite b cool, that double jump tho

I know that I am saying why are people complaining like fucking retards that they can not buy everything with fight money as soon as it comes out. I just do not see how dumb they could be to think Capcom would do that

theyre faggots who think complaining over and over will get them what they want. marxist school teachers teach them thats how life works.

>>Your main
Alex, with a side of Rashid and Ryu (More so now that he's nerfed).

>>Your rank
Super Platinum.

>>Your trophies
???????????????

Re-balancing all around.

>>Your thoughts on Kolin
She seem strong but only time will tell, with that said I dislike the new face.

>Your main
Urien
>Your rank
Diamond 15k
>Your trophies
?
I hope they nerf urien into the ground so people stop crying, mainly c.mk to -,ex shoulder to -4 atleast, remove his ex dp give him his cancelable low forward back peter
kill bonita
rog is fine
fuck guiles vskill
buff dont nerf the rest
>Your thoughts on Kolin
cool

>kill bonita
>buff dont nerf the rest
I like you.

>>Your main
Vega
>>Your rank
Ultra Gold
>>Your trophies
Nearly all of them aside from the million FM, V-Reversal, Hard and Extreme Survival ones.
BUFFS. PLEASE GIVE ME BUFFS CAPCOM.
>>Your thoughts on Kolin
Excited to pick her up as a secondary.

no is good

ive got all possible fm due to 1 round survival and wasn't banned. ive still got 400.000 fm left and have unlocked basically everything.

you're secretly a braindead balog main aren't you? what's up cant deal with urien?

Anybody down to play? Lobby where?

NA

>Your main
Rog.
>Your rank
Super Platinum.
>Your trophies
What?
>Your hopes for March
Buff the weaker characters. Fang is basically a joke, and a not funny one at that.
>Your thoughts on Kolin
Looks pretty bland, honestly.

TWO MINUTES

>I hope they nerf urien into the ground so people stop crying
I hope not. He's the most fun character in the game right now.
>kill bonita
I just want less stun on those fucking command grabs.
>rog is fine
As a Balrog player I share your feelings on Urien: I hope they nerf him so people will stop complaining. What weirds me out is that they're complaining about his damage, which is unchanged from S1, and nobody gave a shit about him back then.
>fuck guiles vskill
He's the only character who plays in a different style, he needs that V-Skill.

>Your main
Switched from S1 Juri to S2 Juri, then Akuma, now staying at Alex. It's fun dunking people
>Your rank
Struggling between gold and super gold
>Your trophies

Give back people their meterless DPs. I want more EZ baited crushcounters. It would also make braindead retards like Cammy less efficient.
>Your thoughts on Kolin
Gonna try her out, since I fell for the seasonpass "Maybe the 6th character is Garuda" meme

Don't have it as I am an xbone shill. At least we get Mahvel 3 in 2weeks tho

Ken why ;_;

>Your main
Alexander
>Your rank
Around 3000, cant get pass silver
>Your trophies
Almost every one of them. I just need the fucking inferno survival, 1million fm and being gold. The survival is the only one I dont feel like Im ready
Rework of anti-airs
>Your thoughts on Kolin
She looks excelent. Very different moves, many options like Akuma

You can get some easy money doing general story on extra, other characters story and completing some of easy and survival

Done all those.

Think I've got 2 or 3 characters left for Normal survival but I can't be bothered because it's tedious af. Seriously a complete chore

>Your main
Chun with some Urien and Ibuki
>Your rank
Platinum
>Your trophies
Fuck if I know
Tone down damage To Chun S2 levels
>Your thoughts on Kolin
She looks fantastic. I wonder if the freeze after stun is anything special.

>Your main
Alex ;_;
>Your rank
Was Ultra Silver, dropped to Silver.
>Your trophies
don't care enough to keep track
I hope they give characters actual defensive options, the s2 patch just made the game have even LESS neutral and become a rushdown corner push shitfest. I hope they keep characters like Urien, Laura, Guile, Balrog, etc. where they at and just buff everyone else. Those characters are top tier now, but if there were actually good defensive tools in this game then they wouldn't be so much of a problem. Why would you take away Alex's pokes? Why would you take away FANG's normal pressure? Those are some of the only options those characters had. On the qol side of things, why are there still not good keyboard options? Why do I still get "couldn't send results to serve" errors on every other match? Why is the netcode still so bad? Who thought one sided rollback was a good idea? There's so many things about this game that make me ask "why" when USFIV had it nailed.
>Your thoughts on Kolin
I like her Geese counters, but it's hard for me to be excited for any individual character when the overall game system is so awful.

>Those characters are top tier now, but if there were actually good defensive tools in this game then they wouldn't be so much of a problem.
Pretty much this. V-Reversal is ass and can be baited with lights/late jumps. We need a real counter.
I'd also like to be able to use V-Meter as a combo extender like FADC used to do, so we can have some creativity in combos.

>We need a real counter.

I would really like it if, in some situations, v-reversal could be combod out of. It would make people really have to think about block pressure, because a well timed v-reversal could lead to a full combo. Right now they're basically worthless because so many are so slow that the opponent can get right back in your face again.

>Why would you take away FANG's normal pressure? Those are some of the only options those characters had.
YEA BOI PREACH

>main
Ryu
>rank
Gold
>trophies
Who gives a fuck
>hopes for balance patch
Please don't let Urien fish for half my life with Aegis stocked, his buttons are already stupidly good as is
>thoughts on Kolin
The Johnny Cage projectile loons interesting other than that pretty meh

Why is SFV selling so poorly bros

Because it's half-assed and it's still not accessible enough for people who are not into fighting games.

Word of mouth
No 8 hours MK style story mode

bad first impression, memes that wont go away

they have to relaunch it

Right now im trying to give this game another chance and made a lobby. I played a platinum guile and it imediatly made me remember why i hate this game. Why is zanguef so garbage?

who is better for a scrub newbie to main, Guile or Zangief? Those are the two characters I enjoy the most

Why is Cammy in the middle of Kolin's promo image?

Guile.
Zangief has to deal with getting opponents into attack range.

Hard to tell, both kinda rely on knowing how the game plays in order to get somewhere, but with Guile you at least can runaway-->boom when have the whole stage on your back.

not sure that will even save it.

they should cut their losses and move onto sf6

THIS IS A FUCKIN' VIDEO

>Your thoughts on Kolin
>Game is selling like Zeka
>Capcom's response is "Here is a whole season of literal who background characters instead of fan favorites that might bring people back"

>they have to relaunch it
If they did that people will go straight to complaining about them putting out multiple editions of the game, even if it's still the same game repackaged with some of the current DLC content.

Hilarious that all they can do to try and make money is shit out waifu garbage.

They must be getting desperate for money.

no, because it would just be a free update (minus characters) for all the current owners. but effectively it would be a new retail package and a new chance.

>>Your main
Urien
>>Your rank
Don't play ranked. But I can beat golds and plats in lobbies. For what that's worth.
>>Your trophies
no clue
Make it so Laura's have to do more than slap buttons and be positive all the time. They can do whatever they really want to balance Urien but PLEASE give him his 3S style tackle juggles back. And make it so you can juggle off of EX tackle and not just knock down. Might be asking a lot but his tackle juggles were half his fun in 3S.
>>Your thoughts on Kolin
Don't really care. If this whole season is all new characters then there are VERY few I might give a shit about.

Yeah while it's interesting to see new characters it's NOT the strategy to go with when you're trying to respark interest in the game. They need to be milking fan favorites like Sagat, Sakura, Dudley, ect. not all of these OC donut steels. Capcom is absolutely fucking retarded.

Unless they bring in Haggar as a "nee" character that shit would be mad
hype.

Exactly however this may have worked if the game was successful

They did say new to the SF game. Not completely knew. So Haggar is possible. Final Fight does take play within the SF universe.

>Main:
Karin Kanzuki, tights are life, tights are love She's also fun to play even if I get wrecked.
silver/ultra bronze but I stopped playing ranked its just not fun. I only ever play on Sup Forums lobbies or local tournaments.
>Trophies
The fuck you on about ?
>Balance Patch
Hopefully they nerf Urien and Balrog a tiny bit, they also need to fix that one Dictator move. Hopefully they reverse some changes they did on karin too
>Kolin
She looks amazing, can't wait for her to release in march. She's got a parry too which is always fun to use. I hope she doesn't have stubby arms and shit range though.

In all honesty though I don't think SFV is good the way it is right now, it definitely has potential but I don't like where they are going with season 2.

Played Urien since he came out. Kinda gay cause hes to good now and playing top tier characters is for fags but i'm stuck now.

stopped playing online at plat just play battle lounge and do sets.

Kolin looks fucking cheap

>playing top tier characters is for fags
Who the fuck cares. This isn't MvC, there's no nigh-impossible to beat character in the game. Play whoever you like.

Two-P will never get his proper SF debut, will he?

>Your main
R.Mika/Master Zangief/Juri
>Your rank
Silver, but quickly on my way to Bronze
>Your trophies
who cares
Bring back my invisible wall (fat chance) not a balance change but fix the fucking survival FM glitch Crapcom
>Your thoughts on
She looks fun I have high hopes for her, might put her in my pocket

urien is OP GUYZ

>literally hasn't won a single tournament or major.
>meanwhile guile, cammy and balrog have.

tell me more about how he is broken.

He's top tier, which is very different from being broken. He doesn't need nerfs (maybe cr.mk not being + on block, but it's not really necessary), it's the rest of the cast that needs buffs.

>Your main
Alex

>Your rank

Platinum, 9500 LP, but I only play rank when there is a mission.

>Your trophies

Platinum and I have enough FM for twelve characters (on PS4, no cheat)

Slighty nerf the top characters (Urien, Rog, Guile, Cammy, Laura especially). I mean, I don't want them to do a Mika round 2, just lower their life and stamina but don't destroy them.

Also, don't touch Akuma.

Maybe buff Alex's health. I won't ask for more, even if I want changes for the character (I'm tired of trading with Light Knee), I don't want them to touch my character, I know they will fucked up (what's next, Lariat with 15 frame of startup, -2 on block and +3 on hit ?)

>Your thoughts on Kolin

I like her. I like her costumes (especially the Millia Rage one) and it looks like she has great options (man, I love air grab).
I won't main her though, but I will definitely play her as a side character in casuals.

>Your main
Ryu.
>Your rank
Super Bronze.
>Your trophies
>Trophies 36/45 Steam Achievements.
I kind of hope they buff Ryu's fireball game. Feels like too many characters shut down his fireballs even during V-Trigger.
>Your thought on Kolin
As a character she seems ok, but she's like a poster girl for the current state of the game. A middling season 2 when people were expecting a resurrection.

FEI LONG WHEN

I still don't get why people think Cammy is so strong. She has no overhead. Just hold down back, tech the obvious throws, and wait for your openings/use reversals since they are all just slapping buttons anyway. There is literally nothing she can do to open you up. Nigga just hold down back.

Let's hope not.

KILL ME

It's really hard to find an opening if the Cammy player knows what they're doing. Cammy has little (if any) unsafe stuff, fantastic walk/grab range and an istant divekick that is pretty hard to punish even after the nerf.

She builds up grey damage like almost no other and has extremely good walkspeed to shimmy, meaning you are always at risk at either losing a lot of grey life of a throw or eating a strong combo that she has two months' time to hitconfirm into pretty good damage. And then she is right back in your face.

Plus, her s.LK throw shenanigans are pretty stronk.

The amount of effort Cammy has to put into is very low compared to the rewards she gets out of it.

>literally one of the most boring characters in the franchise
no thanks

The urien changes i want are more to do with his abused tools exdp, exshoulder being safe, his fierce and so on.
it all detracts from his motif of being this proactive wall that keeps you at range maintains control with ways to reinforce is ala shoulder headbut knee,
its mainly the exheadbut that feeds the issue you can be - after a blocked shoulder and check them with it, get KD and wakeup with it,
its the reson all his other shit seems so oppresive and mindless because he doesnt have to care and thats not the fun part

You don't think marketing played a big part?

Looking at it, SFIV sold well af. It single handedly revitalised the fighting game genre. This is actually pretty similar when it comes down to it.

The fact it didn't have a story mode wasn't even made clear before release and people love pre ordering these days. How come normies didn't lap this one up akin to the way they did IV?

At a surface level it looks like a great sequel to the game they loved and I doubt they give enough of a shit about real mechanics to recognise it's different

Will they evwr fix the normals range in this fucking game, they all feel like garbage.

>normals range in this fucking game, they all feel like garbage.
Going to have to elaborate.

>Bison
>stopped at Plat but I beat Diamonds EZ
>I don't know about trophies
>Give the nerfed characters their stuff back -except DPs- and LEAVE BISON ALONE and stop saying he's top tier, you fucking SCRUBS
>Horrible face that didn't need to be changed and she has been turned into just another whore, I wanted the qt proper girl we saw in the campaign mode