Is this the best looking 2D game of all time? This is absolutely stunning

Is this the best looking 2D game of all time? This is absolutely stunning.

It would look even better if they didn't downsample the art assets, expect a 4k and 8k retelease in the future

strictly 2d
>third strike, owlboy, kof 13
2.5d
>viewtiful joe, inside

This pisses me off so much, Skullgirls and Spelunky (remake) both have sprites downscaled for 720p even if you play the pc versions in 1080p.

Sprites are different, are you sure they were made at 1080? Also Owlboy looks awful, shitty tweening.

Looks like a flash game

Your mom looks like a flash game after I fuck her with my big black cock, cracker ass motherfucker.

stronghold looks nicer

Skullgirls' sprites were definitely made at higher res. Dunno if Spelunky's was, but even then that's no excuse, why wouldn't you make the sprites high res?

nope it isn't

God no

>posting the worst looking game in the series

Im pretty sure kof13 does the same thing as gg. Atleast thats what it looked like when I played, but I don't have a source

The original has a better artstyle.

>ctrl+f
>no ori and the blind forest
real

It was 2D?

that's the original

Ori and the Blind Forest is lad, but Rayman looks pretty fantastic as well

He meant the original Rayman on Ps1

Legends looks better, but yes it's stunning.

I mean, I love Rayman 1 too but its art design is all over the place, giant living Saxophones and shit don't really fit too well with the rest of the game in my opinion

Dong Freeze looks better.

what do you mean, "the rest of the game"? Band Land is effectively the second half of the game. Nobody's ever beaten it to find out what the other worlds are like.

I mean the first levels with forests, melons and stuff clash with the design of the rest of the levels, Band Land including. It's almost too surreal.
At least they had a nice transition between them where you climb up into band land, but still pretty weird.

it's not a 2D game, so that's entirely irrelevant.

KoF13 has mediocre animations outside of idle stances. I'd take HftF over it. Also you're forgetting Metal Slug entirely.

Yes it is.

>Xrd
>2d

I'm inclined to agree. DKCTF has some of the most gorgeous 2.5d visuals I've ever seen in a game. Some of the background designs make it look like you're in an actual 3D environment that is seemless with the playable 2D plane.

for some weird reason i thought the thread said 2.5D

i am indeed retarded

It's okay, user. We all make mistakes.

Ya missed the joke there bud.

nice thumbnail