This expansion died even faster than WoD. Why do you think that is?

This expansion died even faster than WoD. Why do you think that is?

AP grind. thats it. people dont have the time/autism to go hard everyday grinding maw to "be the hero"

Doesn't pander hard enough to the Chinese, and that's a good thing.

Well, nostalgia players want a game back they can never have, so it didn't appeal to them. Everyone who hasn't played WoW before won't probably start now, and the only people still playing the game are the people who still legitimately like playing it.
So I wouldn't say it's dead and the expansion did about as well as I expected. It just means this game is no longer super popular.

>nostalgia players want a game back they can never have

Weird, I just got off playing it.

That isn't exactly true. Me and a lot of my friends picked up WoW this expansion. We are having a lot of fun. I think for a new player who never played vanilla, the game is really fun

I am playing right now, it is very fun to play desu.

Wow is dead.
It has devolved into nothing more than facebook with mini-games.

FFXIV won. WoW is dead.

Sounds like you have an opinion but don't want to elaborate because you're either a faggot or don't play WoW at all and just want to fit in

Yup, all the personality it once had has been sucked out by Activision.

People who still play retail just have nothing better to do and I wish they'd just get another hobby instead of giving money to the corrupt.

No reason to grind AP. Everyone should have all the traits by now. The sink one isn't needed.

casual kys

desu people who regularly play don't even have to pay anymore because of tokens and currency conversion

The game feels more like a Skinner Box than a lot of free to play games.

>Keep chasing those AP points! You don't want to fall behind on maxing out your weapon!
>Be sure to do your World Dailies every single day! Don't want to miss out on a potential legendary that you don't have yet: you'll never know when we'll buff them or nerf the ones you do have!
>Congratulations on getting your loot drop! Oh... it isn't Titanforged multiple times over? Be sure to run it again tomorrow/next week and cross your fingers!
>Oh, you want to see the next totally awesome installment of how Illidan is just better than you? Be sure to run dungeons for the next two months!

It's a good expansion but AP grind is seriously fucking retarded

Especially because I love alts, and back in the day used to be just gear would be good but now the grind for AP on alts almost makes them useless. Even with 25 Artifact Knowledge, to complete (1) weapon takes months.

It's literally fucking retarded.

>Gear doesn't matter anymore. I'm no longer grinding to get BiS specific gear and playing with different stats for different outcomes. Gear is just a number now. They should not even name the gear, it should be Shoulder 800, Shoulder 810 just dropped sweet.

>AP grind. The entire ap grind/ artifact RUINs any progression. Im tired of my entire play time being based around my weapon that everyone else freaking has too, ruining individuality.
>Classes are terrible now, some are so boring and under whelming and they are so homogenized that there is no variation

This is a shame too since i think this expansion did a lot right, i like the zones, i like the instances but it's all just a grind for a few numbers not even new good looking gear because you are going to xmog over it anyways

>I wish they'd just get another hobby instead of giving money to the corrupt.
Do you live in America? Because you're probably giving money to the corrupt no matter what the hell you do here.

Yes, we all know private servers exist. I'm talking about Nostalgia players never getting that game legit ever again or at least until Blizzard caves in and finally does Legacy servers.

yea well u realize they are gonna increase the number of skill traits every major patch.

Will also increase artefact knowledge multiplier.

you are a player with good raiding experience overall. many achievements, many cutting edge FoS, etc.

but you didn't play since legion launched

you want to get into mythic raiding?

well, eat dick. have fun farming 50 traits by running maw of souls and court of stars until you get PTSD. a couple hundred runs should make you catch up to the rest

this is content in the minds of blizzard. this is what killed it for me.

It's still pretty crap after unlocking all your artifact research.

Yeah, the new gear appearances are getting really rough since the only thing they have real creative freedom over are the helmets and shoulders so we've gotten pauldrons that even denizens of the 40k Universe would say are a bit over the top.

That's still giving money to Blizzard you retard

>the sink one isn't needed
>flat 15% damage boost isn't needed

Hello LFR

the community somehow manages to be the most retarded combination of "can barely breathe and play at the same time" and "demands to see your CV and criminal records before letting you into a group"

thank god the vg general for this game exists, every time i feel like coming back i just look at it and all willingness to play the game instantly goes away

You think you do but you don't.

>2008+9
>still raiding properly
You poor bastard

The entire system of the game is fucked. Its not an MMO and not and RPG. Stats doesnt matter, gear doesnt matter, there is no customization, no exploration, no community, no emergent content, no random interaction with players, nothing. Just blatantly obvious skinner box RNG and queuecraft with absolute stranger you will never see again. Lore is also fucked, instead of this large, persistent world with several storylines, low-key implications, hidden shit weaved together we got time travel comic heroes sucking the players dick and blatant horde favoritism. The characters flipflop between characterization, storylines start end end abruptly, constant retcons everywhere just to accomodate another EPIC MOMENT. Like a bad DM constantly trying to raise the stakes. Yeah, you can laugh at lore mattering but its absolutely required for immersion and a sense of persistent world.

WoW is just a weak action-RPG now.

Grinding AP isn't fun.

Getting a dice-roll gear drop isn't fun.

Getting a polarized complete shit or BiS legendary isn't fun.

PvP is the worst it has ever been in the history of the game.

Unsubbed and not looking back.

lol fag

you can't fool me, blizzard employee

>want a casual raiding guild
>want to join a guild still clearing heroic Guldan
>905 ilvl min

>killing the last relevant boss
>casual
really made my neurons go woosh

i mean pvp is really fuckin bad but you can pretend to be someone else

>like a bad DM Constantly trying to raise the stakes.

More like Suits trying to rewrite the story to pacify the weekly focus group. To the point where METZEN up and quit.

7.1.5: The fun stops here

>blood elf female warrior
>wings
>>>/reddit/

everyone realized very quickly it was WoD 2.0

"Combat followers are totally not followers guys you should try the system before calling it shit"

-Ion

It died with the introduction of forced 20 man mythic
It was perfect in pandaland with 10 and 25 heroic being end game. My group of bros barely raid cause there's no point stopping at heroic and anytime we tried to find 10 more ppl they were always complete faggots who either suck or are gearwhores who leave if they don't get a piece
Fuck flex and FUck mythic
Also fuck legendaries and fuck class fantasy. They removed all individuality and buffs for classes. That now it's just who can dps the highest and then stacking that class

God the amount of money I wasted on Legion, I was too lazy to level classes from 1-110 so I just fucking dropped $60 dollary doos to get the instant boost to 110. Of course I couldn't decide on a class to play/main, and I wanted to play a bunch of them so I ended up buying like 5 boosts for 5 different characters, ended up dropping $300 dollary doos!!! On fucking Legion.

That's my fault, and I really regret it because I don't even play WoW anymore, all I have is a 110 DH and I found it to be boring after a while. The problem is that you can only boost to level 100 and not 110 so I still have to level to 110, PLUS I have to redo all my class hall quests, and artifact bullshit. It's just not fun, God I wish I hadn't of blown $300 on level boosters. I really couldn't find a class that I even liked playing, Mage was so much fun in WoTLK and it felt like garbage now. It's just every class felt boring, also don't get me started on the damage. Most of the classes I played at level 100 did horrible damage, and the gear they give you isn't even good enough to start questing in Legion. For example, I boosted a Shaman to 100. Started doing Legion quests, got to the first area, basically took everything I had to kill one or two enemies with my hp blinking red. And it was that way for basically every class I played, personally I just couldn't settle on a main class because they all felt boring to me.

10 man heroic was more fun AND harder, 25 was faceroll trash since your raid had 30 stuns/knockbacks/healing CDs/every buff guaranteed/hurrr just cleave/AoE everything

no

it didn't

lmao you're so mad that nost is dying

>struggling with questing
No user you're actually just shit

>i hate mmos: the posts

>don't really have fun with legion
>don't really have fun with elysium/takes way too much time

When did I say questing was hard? I didn't, I said that when you boost a character they give you such shit gear that you will struggle to even do level 100 and 101 quests, and that's with me KNOWING how to play the class. I know the rotations, talents, and everything.

The damage you deal is abysmal if you boost a character to 100. They give you a full set of GREEN armor and that's it, and it's all garbage armor.

Class Hall Quests were such a fucking joke.

The Priest one's climax involved you begging the Paladins to help and then getting bailed out by them and the Legion of Light or whatever they found in THEIR quest chain.

No you don't. Boosted gear is above what you get from just questing in WoD then going into legion and that's still a fucking joke. That's like 580 gear

Struggling in 640 gear, which is boosted, just means you suck. Needing more than green gear for basic questing, not to mention your artifact having a ton of stats as a 750 item means you're just bad

>AP is a never ending constant grind that you must keep up with as patches go on
>Legendary RNG system can either guarantee you a raid spot, or keep your out in favor of someone else with better RNG
>Oh you got the wrong legendarys? Just wait a few months and hope you get the right one!
>Warforged has gone WAY TOO FAR also

and then one of the literally whos in the priest class hall becomes a paladin since they're better

Too much RNG in gearing, which burned out players. WoD was complete dogshit, but at least I could set goals for myself. I knew that once I got a certain drop (however improbable), I was done gearing my character for that slot for that raid tier. Gradually approaching "completion" was enjoyable and motivated me to keep playing.

Legion is an RNG shitshow. Getting the item you want is borderline impossible, especially if you like Mythic+ dungeons (who the fuck thought it was a good idea for the weekly cache to source from every loot table from every single dungeon in the game?). Getting the perfect item is impossible. Mythic+ dungeons should have had a lockout, because the amount of time you need to sink into them to get a comparable amount of loot compared to raids is completely ridiculous.

The problem with WoW is that it wants to be the only game you play; the subscription model means the developers are never content with you "finishing" your character. Compare this to another game like Diablo 3. RoS had a ton of problems don't get me wrong, but at least the loot was plentiful - playing hardcore at the beginning of the season could have you with a mostly completed character (outside of incredibly minor gear optimizations, and stupid shit like paragon level) in only a few weeks. The devs were content with this because they don't make money off of you playing every month, they just want you to stay interested in the IP and other Blizzard products. It's ironic that for all the shit in Legion they ripped straight out of Diablo, they seemed to have completely missed the reason that the Diablo loot model was successful in the first place.

literally part of the content is designed to be a movile app. and not the memorable kind, just the trash kind

Nah, I did everything right while playing my Shaman and I struggled to kill even one or two mobs without almost dying.

I'm under the impression SOME classes just deal horrible DPS compared to others, at least at level 100. You can't deny that one class is going to deal more DPS then another class.

a very large gap between geared people and not-so
terrible balance with shadow priest reigning supreme over all other dps and destructive nerfs
lead designer plays on tablet

You forgot to mention how it makes changing specs absolutely hell.

No, I hate MMOs that decided to mix in Diablo-like loot systems while imposing more time gating mechanics than ever before. EVERYTHING is a slot machine now in WoW: there were some certainties in the past like with PvP, Crafting and Badges. The game is currently failing by all means to make me want to play the game to find and do cool stuff and is only shooting to make me feel like I NEED to play to keep up.

You can't even use crafting to tide you over with bad loot luck: you have to hope you get lucky and get the secondaries your class or spec actually scales with.

>lead designer plays on tablet
You forgot to mention he is a furry, he has blue hair, and he has absolutely no idea what he is doing.

But then again, maybe just saying he plays on tablet already implies all of the above.

At the end of the day this expac had everything to be great. It wasn't. They fucked up.

Its so true. My coworker resubbed for legion but he only quit last week. I finally convinced him to play eso with me and I think he's finally done with wow

>he is a furry
says who, what's his fursona?

Think it is pretty alright just kind of got boring as fuck. They really should nix the weekly affixes and just keep that shit randomized on keystones themselves.

RNG bullshit. No one likes getting a legendary item that isn't one of the best for your spec. Warforging/titanforging is another big problem. AP only tied to one specialization makes it so you're pretty much locked into one spec unless you end up grinding a whole lot, which no one likes to do.

>eso
Nice joke, subtle but funny and ridiculous at the same time. Well played.

No user, you are fucking shit. 640 ilevel is plenty to quest. Just don't pull more than you can handle.

his Sup Forums-tier mental state is not a damning as playing solely with inferior hardware and making decisions based on it

I never played wow but I'm thinking of giving it a shot. Am I going to have to buy six expansions on top of the monthly sub if I want to play this?

I'm going to take the opposite view to blizzard and say its because your main can never feel complete (which I know is the opposite argument everyone used in WoD).
I have one BiS leggo, mostly mythic EN gear and my dps and tank spec at 54 but I still feel the need to log into my main and do myhic+ because I could get the other bis leggo, I could get a titanforge on a piece, etc.

Basically I can't ever justify playing an alt and eternally grinding on my main is killing me.
Mythic+ is going to make players never want to see a 5 man again.

>fursona
I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. He has a furry cartoon character as his avatar in forums and twitter if I recall correctly.

That fucker is a complete clown. Being incompetent at your job should already be plenty of reason for you to get fired. They didn't fire him and now the expac that should have been great is dropping subs hard.

Good job Blizzard.

Love how Sup Forums complains about "not getting ideal legendary" or "titanforge" or "AP grind" when I'm 100% most people here don't even do progression.

>Don't pull more than you can handle
>Only pull one mob and barely kill him without dying

Yeah, no.

>Illidan
Didn't he die way back in Burning Crusade?

Bring back talent trees, secondary stats and pvp balance+rewards and I'd play again in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately WoW is so soaked in piss that the stain is never coming out.

This slot machine and timegating shit is the worst.

Vanilla and BC had a huge mountain of content you can climb at your own pace. Leejun is like a treadmill where you have to keep running and they move scenery past you and if you miss a single week to play an alt or something you are FOREVER behind. I cant believe they brought this shit back from early MoP AFTER they fixed their own shit once.

>don't even do progression.
Not anymore we don't. Who the fuck is still playing?

I quit after mythic EN

I was a progression raider up until Hellfire Citadel last expansion when I realized that model of the game wasn't fun for me.

I gave the game another shot in Legion and realized they managed to make it even less fun.

it's a pet celestial dragon from wow, probably just a gift somebody gave him

A thousand times this.

you are lying.

Download nvdia shadow play record you dying to a single mob even thought you are pressing the rights buttons to prove you are right

You won't do it because you know it's bullshit, but you just gonna say "bwaaah too much work for an shit poster, i'm don't owe you satisfaction.

Fuck, I would totally use my 100 boost on a shaman right now to prove you wrong, but I don't want to waste it on a liar pos on Sup Forums

Pretty much, like 6 xpacs for 60$ each + retail + sub + Metzen tax

Pugs still can't kill Gul'dan easily on heroic. He's got mechanics that require you to stop tunneling the boss.

>Raiding
Not him but, raiding is the only thing WoW offers. Everything railroads you towards raiding.

He doesn't play on a fucking ipad or whatever you dumb fucks, he simply use one of those wacom tablets instead of a mouse.

jesus, you don't even need mouse to play wow. You can easily tab target/focus and use purely hotkeys to fight.

He's not even the fucking lead designer, he's a technical class designer. Also his twitter avatar is a fucking celestial dragon. From the game.

It makes a fuck-ton of money for a dead game.

No no you see since he's part DEMON (Which is totally badass!) he was able to recover since in order to fully kill a DEMON (Badass!) you have to kill them in the Twisting Nether as well.

Do you want to find out more? Be sure to grind dungeons for eight weeks straight and find out about how Illidan is totally awesome and you were a total moronic jerk for fighting him in Black Temple: if ONLY you knew of all of the things he was struggling with that the game never bothered to mention!

He's was brought back for Legion.

I play with one of the best rogues in the world he didn't have a single dps positive legendary until last week, it was killing him inside.
RNG leggos and titanforging are shit systems.

'AP grind' is a Sup Forums meme but running maw carry groups until your eyes roll back in your head shouldn't be the best way to do anything.

>Bring back talent trees, secondary stats
Justify.

>look mom I'm trolling on the internet again

>The money argument
Why are blizzcucks so obsessed with the finances of Blizzard? Why do you fucks even care?

It's the only metric left to determine the size of a playerbase. All those top grossing games have large playerbases.

hell, when I was leveling through legion on my balance druid, I'd constantly have to pop defensive cooldowns just to survive, and I'd have to heal myself back to full from ~25% hp after any encounter
then I discovered how retardedly OP it was questing as bear druid

>literally defending this person
Enjoy your dying shit game. You are dumber them the entirety of Sup Forums combined.

I agree that legion isn't perfect, that legendary rng is bad, the AP grind is annoying (and the AK buffs is coming a bit too late), but Sup Forums just blow it out of proportion by being the usual shitters.

In the end, what's the difference between running maw carry groups until your eyes bleed and doing the respective grind on every other expansion?

>You can easily tab target/focus and use purely hotkeys to fight.
maybe if tab target wasn't broken for the last year :^)

sorry but it will never not be retarded for the lead designer of a game to not use the same controls 99% of the playerbase does

Enjoying living in a safe space bubble where you have to lie to yourself about a person to justify your view on the world.

I fucking leveled as boomkin and I never had to pop defensive if I pulled 2 or less mobs at once.

>lead designer of a game

Did you even read what I wrote?

chill celestialfaggot, he obviously didn't have good gear like you noob

I didn't mind the mediocre-as-always story progression

I didn't mind the Diablo loot system

Hell, I didn't even mind the monotonous public quest grind

But it takes a special kind of willful incompetence to fuck up EVERY SINGLE SPEC of Hunter, ignoring feedback given as far back as two into the alpha about basic issues like fucking stat interactions. They lost me on this one, for what little that's worth.