Do you set the game on the hardest difficulty on your first play?

Do you set the game on the hardest difficulty on your first play?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oXhqmRYoR3k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nope, I roll with normal mode until at least I find it too easy.

I don't but my best friend does

I do. What can I say............I like being challenged

>just started playing FTL
>set it to easy
>still garbage

:(

THIS IS A FUCKING VIDEO

I usually set the difficulty to thIS IS A FUCKING VIDEO

FAT FUCK

Yes, mainly in fire emblem games cause they are casual tier now

SALAD DODGING

I play too many games and have too little time to git gud at every single game I play

*PWAAAAAAH*

KIRBY

cmon bro it's his thryoid and depression ;^)

What other excuses does he have nowadays?

>tfw this retard needs a "weight loss doctor" to stop shoveling shit down his throat

>still fat

DOCTOR ROBOTNIK-LOOKING

RANCH GUZZLING

BOOGIE 2988

USE A GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL JUST TO DRINK FROM THE DRIP TRAY

Depends.

I play all my JRPGs on hardest difficulties these days. I think I'm quite well trained in the genre.

I played YS Origin on Nightmare with Yunica on the first playthrough and that was brutal

No, I always set it to Normal on my first run through because that was what was intended as how the game should feel.

Most games aren't really meant to be played on higher difficulties the first time through. Many of the weapons in Halo, for example, are completely unviable above Normal.

This is a fucking video to some FAT FUCK on YouTube named Boogie, 2988. Now, I'm tired of this FAT FUCK popping up on all my fucking search index when I'm looking for a fucking work-out video. I don't give a fuck about that aftermath from any of you boogie fans that feel sorry for this greesy fuck
You fat fucking disgusting Ass Smelling, Blob, Cheese Drinking, Crisco Bathing, Lard Gargling, Calorie Thieving, Cabbage Patch Face-having, Dr. Robotnik Looking, Wingstop Eating, McDonald's Gorging, T-Rex Arm Having, Non-Vegetable Eating, Cook on a George Foreman grill just to drink out the drip tray, Wide Load, Hungry Hungry Hippo, Planet, Pretending to have a fucking Thyroid problem, Whale / Free Willy, Parked Bus, Yokozuna, Flubber, *PWAHH* Kirby, Salad Dodger, Chair Crusher, Butter Ball, Go to Subway, but put everything on it, Michelin Man, Happy because Hostess is back in business mother fucker
I know there's gonna be a lot of people out there calling me a bully. Well guess what. I'M NOT. I just don't feel sorry for FAT FUCKING people, especially FAT FUCKS who sit there all day, gorging eat and make money for doing absolutely nothing
What a bunch of sorry fucks like yourself played into it
You don't like what the fuck I'm saying?
Then FUCK YOU!

If i think the games going to be easy yeah.Pro tip start last of us on hard

It was intended to feel easy and casual to attract a wider audience.

That's why you turn up the difficulty since you're more skilled than the filthy casuals that it was intended for.

Not necessarily true.

Sometimes. Sometimes it's a good idea, like Ys. Sometimes it's a bad idea, like NMH on the PS3.

one below hardest

I used to play on Normal my first run and choose a harder difficulty with every subsequent run.
These days I can't be bothered to play a game all the way through more than once if even that.
tl;dr no, normal.

That's a terrible example, as Halo is meant for Heroic difficulty

I literally cannot look at a picture of boogie without instantly hearing "this is fucking video", he's tainted forever.

Legendary in Halo in general is just an utter drag without co op

What if it isn't how the developer intended the game to play; would you still pick normal?
One example is from Halo, where the description for heroic difficulty says "...this is the way Halo is meant to be played.".

Whatever the middle difficulty is. If the game has an even number of difficulties I pick the easier of the two in the middle.

>AI's default is hard
>on normal and easy it actually has severe handicaps

this

I roll with normal until i play the story or find one scene in particular to jerk off to and then I'm pretty much done at that point

It only says that on like two of the games.

I don't set it on the hardest at all. I set that shit on easy and enjoy the game.

>challenge fags

Every single person I see playing a game on the hardest difficulty loses their shit every time something doesn't go as planned. It's like they set it to hard just to boast online about it and don't even enjoy it while playing.

If it's a game that has over 3 difficulty options I'll usually set it to at least a notch above normal but not the hardest setting especially if the hardest setting is like some gimmicky survival mode that limits saving or healing.

With an RPG that you can just grind your way through, yes always hardest setting, but some linear action game like god of war, I'll only go above normal if it's possible to switch difficulty.

No, because I like to get to know a game first before I let it start pushing my shit in. I'm not some kind of difficulty whore.

I'm glad 2017 seems to be the year everyone goes back to telling fat people they're fucking fat and ugly people that they're fucking ugly

>playing the game on the first play
christ you fucking people

How would you interpret something like this then?

typically. unless its retarded bullshit like making enemies into bullet sponges.

FINE ill post it

It just says they designed it for people who would play it.

As long as its not a STG Cave game then yes. Still to this day I have not beaten Contra 3's final boss on hard and I can demolish the rest of the game. But most games now don't let you access the hard modes so you have to do interesting play modifications like not continuing or not using abundant health items.

Yes, but I generally don't play games touted for being difficult.

I like knowing what developers think make their game "hard" and play it that way simply because it's probably how they felt it should be played after testing it for hundreds/thousands of hours

I always play third person shooters on the hardest difficulty because i always find they scale nicely and a shot to the head will still one hit a regular opponent

almost perfect, but I think he says "Part-Bus" instead of "Parked Bus"

Depends on the game.

> THIS SUPER HARD MODE IS FOR PLAYERS THAT HAVE MASTERED THE GAME AND ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING MORE CHALLENGING.

Other times I refuse to play on hardest difficulty because of how they balance it.

> HARDEST DIFFICULTY SELECTED. YOU GET NO HEALTH PICK UPS, MONSTERS DO TWICE MUCH MORE DAMAGE, THE QTE SEQUENCES WILL HAVE NOTHING ON SCREEN TO ASSIST WHEN YOU SHOULD PRESS ANYTHING.

etc etc.

always hardest difficulty first playthrough always

if you dont do this you're a filthy fucking casual scrub who'll NEVER GIT GOOD

I always start my Halo campaigns on legendary. Back when I still played Call of Duty I always started on veteran. If you would film my play-through then yeah I would probably get angry sometimes when i'm stuck. Doesn't mean i'm not enjoying it. When you have to really work hard on a particular segment of the game, it's that much more rewarding when you finally complete it without cheating.

You can't imagine the joy I felt when I finally beat those motherfucking three Guardians at the end of Halo 5 without cheesing.

Don't you get bored when you literally breeze through the game on easy difficulty? Easy is litterally scrub-tier.

yes but it depends on what the hardest mode is

say if a game has a hard mode and then an "extra hard almost impossible" mode i'll save that for another playthrough

stuff like nightmare mode in Alien: Isolation or Extreme/European Extreme are modes I'd save for a second playthrough

I play on normal for a first playthrough. If I really liked the game then I go back through to play on hard/get all trophies.

I normally go for hard if it's a genre I'm familiar with, or even one I'm not but is touted for it's difficulty, like revengeance or killer is dead. only time I went straight to the highest difficulty was dishonoured because Sup Forums said it was way too easy. it was still too easy, especially for the highest difficulty.

I should say though I did play Metro 2033/Last Light on Ranger Hardcore because I heard its the best way to play its true

I always wondered what the point was of those piss-easy reading comprehension tests in school.

Until I found Sup Forums.

And telling fat girls they are perfect

Depends on the game honestly. For FPS I usually roll at the second hardest (heroic), or hardest (if it's only has easy, normal, hard).

A lot of the highest difficulties in games actually end up being pretty easy. Shit like Ranger Hardcore and Revengeance actually make the game easier because they also apply the massive damage increases that you take to the enemies as well.

it's definitely the best way to play but enemies are just as easy to kill as you are

Is 2988 his current weight?

I always play the hardest mode it will let me, unless it respawns enemies then i'll go back one notch, having enemies constantly respawn on the first playthrough doesn't work.

I never pick hard mode, I'm a normal difficulty player most of the time. There are a few instances
i remember picking easy like The Witcher 2.
combat was good but when you get jumped by 5 neekers or what every mob its just geralt rolling around on the floor trying to dodge and just do one swipe with the sword. that shit pissed me off

This.

In around 80% of cases I do.

thats why I'd say its the best

it makes an even playing field for both the player and the enemies, while also being a bit of a challenge

>Get's a personal helper that got a crippled man to lose weight and be able to run again
>Scoffs at his help and continues to contiously drink nothing but mountain dew

>Fans try to help him by giving him advice that helped them to lose weight
>He tells them to fuck off

Seriously, how the fuck does he still have viewers?

Let's see,
Last of us
Uncharted
All telltale games
Beyond: Two Souls

fpbp

I forgot about this bitch. What was her name again? Helga? Hilda?

SALAD DODGING