>NEVER EVER

youtube.com/watch?v=4HHhEVmpjN4

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-06-red-dead-redemption-unlikely-to-hit-pc
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6vysVDQJjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sLDxYaE3ZnY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

NOOOO DELETE THIS PCCHAD!!!!

Kudos to the emulator devs for all their hard work.

But I personally don't give a single fuck about this game, it was a trash grand theft horse clone when it came out and it's going to be one when I'm not replaying it in 4k 165fps on my gaming computer 2-3 years down the line.

>Xbox Emulator
>Got excited for a moment until I remembered Red Dead was a 360 game, not original
Don't do that, OP.

yup

What's stopping the original Xbox from being emulated? Even the 360 can handle it.

0 interest in making a working emulator because it had no worthwhile exclusives.

What's your point?

Unique architecture that cannot be properly compared to any other console and is this exceptionally difficult to replicate on a regular PC.
Hell, there's been more progress rebuilding single games on PC than making an OG Xbox Emulator.

How about Blinx, Halo, Quantum Shift, etc?

>still waiting for good Xbox emulator
>even if it comes out I will still have to wait for roms of the games I want to play
>all the games I want to play again on Xbox are hidden gems that probably won't ever get rom versions of

With a normal console there's maybe 2-3 variants during its lifespan, a normal launch version, a slim version, an elite, whatever.
With the original xbox it was just a gaming computer in a mini-itx case, and they kept swapping stuff to find the cheapest and most effective solution while maintaining requirements, so there's a good 50 variants, all looking exactly the same, with different hardware and drivers.

>pcfags will still wait for a working emulator to play RDR1 while consolebros have fun playing RDR2 at 4k on a pro and scorpio
more like meme rice

The custom Nvidia GPU inside it is a black box. There's zero documentation available for it and not enough interest in the platform for a team of developers to work at reverse engineering.

There's a Torrent for more or less every Xbox ROM floating around that people use for modded Xboxes.

>checkerboarding=4k

>beat rdr on my PS3 years ago
>consolesfags still use this as an excuse to shill there shit gen consoles
>implying rdr2 won't get a pc port after release like gta5

DELETE THIS CONSOLE FAG!!

Does my pascal card handle these graphics

This is complete fiction. The only major hardware changes to the Xbox were the DVD drive and hard drive, which they kept swapping to battle modders. The main spec of the system didn't change throughout its lifespan. If anything, it underwent LESS internal modification than your average console. Certainly a lot less than the PS1 or PS2. But that's entirely irrelevant, because you don't need to emulate every single hardware configuration, just one, because all games are designed to work on all revisions of the console.

why would it? none of the Red dead games got pc ports like the gta games

>30FPS
Might as well just buy a used 360 and call it a day.

They have to sell their Golden Buffalo cards on every platform, user. They nearly went bankrupt without PC Whales buying gallons of Shark Cards!
They nearly went below their comically exorbitant profit margin*

>PC is so superior !
> boasts about finally emulating a six year old console game

huh but I thought console was shit and had no games..

also, just 30fps? I thought 30fps was unplayable what happened to that? lol.. I played this game SIX (6) [six] years ago when it came out...

wow PC "gaming" sounds depressing as hell I'm so glad I didn't buy into the PC meme

All two of them? Only RDR is relevant

>consolefriends literally too stupid to watch a video for 10 seconds before embarrassing themselves

After the success of gta5 being ported to the pc it seems more likely that they will after it comes out for consoles. Plus they never said anything about exclusives so why assume they would?

>Responding to bait that weak

I'll admit I embeleshed a little
But most of it is true, and the way the xbox works with libraries is it calls the newest version of the library which figures out what components from which versions of what library you need for each call in each game, so you can't just update to the newest library because everything is recursively required.

>didn't watch the video
Hate to break it to you user but most people who play on pc have played rdr

they said that porting Redemption to pc is a pain in the ass and unlikely since the programmers weren't sure what they were doing and coded lots of unnecessary shit or something like that

>I was pretending to be retarded

All the Sega exclusives are not worthwhile?
MS threw money at nip devs for exclusives with the xbox

For a start, the development of RDR was a mess and I doubt that Rockstar wouldn't have brought out a remaster/port for this generation if the game was more than barely functional. It would absolutely sell enough as a port on the new consoles and PC to make back far more than the cost to port it would be, if the game wasn't turbofucked.
Second, Rockstar have found that people will buy the same game multiple times in a row if you give it a bit of a polish and better graphics.
Thirdly, Rockstar want to sell shark cards to people online and GTA V has over 6 million owners on steam. They're not going to ignore that money despite people memeing about piracy somehow being a massive deterrent for a developer that makes games which sell as many copies on PC, the smaller platform than either console, than other games do on all console platforms and PC combined.

Link?

Most of it's games were ported to PC. What are you missing?

Literally the truth rdr is for westernfags with a boner for cowboys

Most likely bullshit, I understand if they're porting the ps3 version because ps3 architecture is trash, but the 360 version is effectively just directx, c++, windows vista and a bunch of windows libraries.

>no worthwhile exclusives
>Jet Set Radio Future
>Metal Wolf Chaos

Are you still talking about rdr2 or rdr?
Because it sounds like you're bringing up dev shit from 6 years ago that has no handling on what is going on with rdr2.

WE DID IT REDDIT

But in all seriousness what am I supposed to get from this video

eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-06-red-dead-redemption-unlikely-to-hit-pc

why can't the xbox and playstation 3/4 whatever be emulated? They're all constructed using a PC right?

I'm not talking about rdr. I'm talking about rdr2. Are you retarded?

Read the thread.
Whacked! is another one I'd enjoy deeply.

P(atheti)C is trash lol cant even play shedshitmcfartion

I was talking about Redemption, not Redemption 2 dumbass
I hate that they ended up using 'Redemption 2' as the official name

Otogi
Kingdom Under Fire
Ninja Gaiden Black
Breakdown

>rdr2 will never come to pc
Based on what?
>an article from 2011 about how rdr will never get ported to pc
Either autism or retardation

PS3 emulation is coming along fine

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6vysVDQJjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sLDxYaE3ZnY

Bitch I don't give a fuck about rdr I played that shit 6 years ago and beat it. I've been talking about rdr2 the whole time learn to read a thread

That this emulator is producing X360 software and only thing that isn't working so far is renderer.

It should be a year or two until this emulator would be finished to playable state.

Isn't the whole "made of PC parts" thing why the original Xbox is almost impossible to emulate.

and the 360 does?

you should learn to read posts
I don't know anything about RDR2 coming to pc but I find it kind of unlikely due to 1 being poorly coded, but considering they chose Redemption 2 as a title instead of something like Revolution I wouldn't be surprised if they do announce a pc port

I wish RDR come to PC.
The only game I played on console was GTAV. Never again.

>consolecucks got the shitty western version
>PC master race got the FUTURISTIC-ROBOTIC-NEON VERSION

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH NO!! NO!!! THIS IS OUR GAME!

I have like 3 flashed X360s and a flashed PS3 laying around and never cared about this game desu.

>I should learn to read post
You should learn to write and not assume when you just right redemption as a response to rdr2 that people will automatically assume you mean rdr1. Also nothing about the development process for rdr has anything to do with rdr2. Stop acting retarded.

no,
You don't need to emulate something you have.
It's like WINE on Linux, you don't need to emulate x86 you already have it.

Hardware wasn't cracked perfectly is biggest problem.

>he buys a PC
>wants to play console games or multiplats

You people are just fucking consolefags that bought a PC so that you could act superior on Reddit. Seriously why would you buy a PC and then play multiplats? Why would you spend hundreds (or thousands) on a PC to play AAA shit like GTAV? Just buy a fucking console and save yourself some money.

You have no right to call consolefags "plebs" if all you play are the same fucking games with prettier graphics.

This, game was only good for tying people up and drag them to their deaths

(You)

Drchat is the real MVP.

Only person who is keeping the project alive

>posts 6 years of NEVER EVER
>instantly changes to "well finally"

Why arent easy allies supported by gaming related companies and instead are paid direct from fans? Why cant easy allies broker deals with a few companies and be paid from those deals instead of fans smegshedconvention

t. PC master raec xD

Multiplats are automatically superior on pc
Why would you waste money on a console to play a less superior version of a game?

>What's stopping the original Xbox from being emulated? Even the 360 can handle it.

I own console and pc
Stay mad consolecuck

Is that a card CPU?

>30fps and 90% of the textures aren't loaded in

lmao ill check back in 7 more years

FagFartRetention isnt even that good

>wants to play console games or multiplats

that's all there is though

>inb4 some idiot lists 200 indie games

I play mutliplats and exclusives. Stay mad consolefag.

On a scale of 'JUST to 'not at all' how much did that guy on Reddit who fucked up a Xbox dev kit destroy chances of improving emulation for the system?

>hi like to generalize and make extreme assumptions about a platform people like to play on, do I fit in yet?
Stop trying so hard faggot

No, that's a bad meme perpetuated by dumb console kid tech illiterates

It's impossible to emulate because it used a proprietary Nvidia GPU and there's no documentation at all

P(athetic)c gamers wanting to play console games on p(athetic)c? Pathetic

>tfw you fell for the exclusive meme
>borrowed a ps3 and rdr
>played it for about 8 hours
>its gta if you replaced all the cars with yellow taxis
>20 frames per second

atleast it only cost me like 20 bucks to learn my lesson

Zero percent.
Devkits aren't that rare.

>waiting ovee 6+ years to get games
MASTER RACE

You literally know nothing about rockstar game development

there was only 50 of the one he destroyed, so assuming every single other one existed, around 2%

of course its way, way lower then that but it still was probably the most likely of anything to be helpful

Out of curiosity why do people who exclusively play on consoles hate the pc community so much?
I'm not excepting the "they act so superior to us all the time" answers this time and if this is your excuse you're thin skinned af.

Shitting every discussion up with
>When PC port?

well for starters they are made by different divisions. saying fallout 3 is gonna get ported is like basing that on fallout 1 being ported.

Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey
If you don't like weebshit don't mock people who do

How is that "shitty up an discussion?"
It's a simple question, why aren't pc users allowed to know when or if they get a port?

No one can deny a book is better than a game, so gaming is trash not even worth wasting that much time in yet pc gamers beg for consoles games and get shitty ports basic scraps of games and they love it even waiting normally 5 to 7 years for a port or atleast it being playable as bugs and crashes are 90% of pc gamers actual game time

Hello Dave.

Actually learn a bit aboutr R* before posting again.

>this is what Consolecucks tell themselves

>2001: a Xbox odyssey.

Nah it's the reason that there will never be a remaster. It was only Benzies who managed to get the game together into a passable state for release. With him gone and the code a mess it will never come to PC. RDR2 will though.

Lol this what console peasants (poor fags) actually believe.

>Find Original xbox dev kit
>Gut it while saving nothing but the shell

>wanting to replay a game at a higher framerate/resolution is bad

I will never understand why shitposters use this as an argument